Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Wow sis and I had D&D tonight lol.

Damn I need to sheep my sister more..:All my reads were wrong.

*hides in corner*

Congrats and scum MVP goes to House. Town MVP goes to SR (FYI those are just my votes please add yours)

See you in the AM.

No, not all your reads were wrong....you were right about me.:)
Right. If I would have actually succeeded in Mertex it might have caused me to doubt elsewhere. The early crumbing of being a PR doesn't make any sense for a doctor. That's the kinda thing you do not start crumbing unless you have a successful heal. Rosie's death shows why.

Given the crumbing had little upside to town, I greatly figured Mertex was scum. Sometimes it helps to have newbie perspective.

Hip, hip, hooray.....yay....Town won. Thanks for really thinking about it and staying with the facts Cafe, Wolf, Aye, Math and SR......for a while I thought (in the dead zone) you all were going to be distracted away from House, but you stuck with it. Wolf, I think you did a great job....saying what you believed, I knew you were Town. Aye, you had me so confused for a while. I knew you were Town, but I couldn't ignore the other stuff.....but toward the end I was convinced you were Town. I never would have believed House was Scum....he played a great game for his first one. Siding with me got me bamboozled again, like Avi did in the first game. So, look out House.....:D
I am rarely distracted from my scumreads. Once I eliminated Math, House was in a bad position bc I was going to votepark there.

Sam blew our win by playing like a dumbass. :p

Congrats, town!

And for the record.... screw all of y'all that said there's no way this was my first time playing MafiaScum. It totally was, and there's no strategic value to lying about it post-game.

Yes and Sameech coached you a little. You did pretty well for your first game. Reading the ice chat you have a little self awareness which ise useful.

SR-Thanks for your deception primer and what you said about my play. I enjoyed playing with you-as long as we are both town that is, and it was great fun. You had your reads correct at the end there better than anyone. House scum, me town. I think you were the first one to suspect Gath although I did vote for him early and for some reason didn't follow through with it.

This is the first game I've made it to endgame and I am pretty happy with how it went at the end there. In the beginning-that was only so-so for me. I do better when things are narrowed down some. And wearing my alignment on my sleeve being good for town-glad someone thought so. I took some heat for that but the biggest town tell for me his being very active and honest.

Now, I need to serious work on my scum game so I can replicate that or work on my town game so it isn't exactly the same every time so I won't be quite so easy to read as either alignment so I can actually play a good scum game sometime.

And I also need to work on not acting so scummy as town in the beginning of the game-that comment Aye brought forward that her and Cafe thought was creepy about who was going to be around N2 with my creepy answer asking where my mind was-I'm surprised I didn't eat rope for that.

And darn it scum totally manipulated me in the hood. Although thankfully I caught onto it eventually. I learned A LOT about neighborhoods. Like, for example, DO NOT call everyone you are town for one, LOL. Seriously though I really did not think it was possible for 3 out of 4 to be scum to be in one when there were 4 hoods or for both scums from a team to be together but SR was right-random is random.

Plus, I think that was too much fodder for Wake's amusement, LOL. J/K

I haven't had time to do more than skim the QT's but I'll read them and I'm sure they will be almost as fascinating as the game to see what the thinking was knowing how it ends.

P.S. Thanks Mertex for you kind words too. Skimming the dz, I have to say thanks to Sameech for his nice words too although you stinker-you messed with me a lot in this game. But all in good fun. :biggrin:

Thanks again everyone!! Despite my bitching in the beginning, I would have to say this was my favorite game to play here-hands down, thanks again Wake.

I'm annoyed. I should have realized house was scum when he starter complaining about the number of places he had to post on day one.

and I'm annoyed that I freaking handed Sam to you guys in a ribbon and it still took you a mislynch and a couple weeks of discussion to figure out he was scum when it was obvious the second he started going after me.

if I had known that you guys wouldn't be convinced I would have bluffed with my jail key. Thank you for that btw Rosie.

oh well you guys won. Good job

Avatar, the biggest reason you were not believed was that a) you were known scum and b) Sam's PR mistake occurred later.

Scum have an interest in lying to lynch a PR so your claim was weaker. If you flipped town, Sameech was autolynch.

Wolf no problem on writing that up. I felt it was necessary because no one understood what I was doing. That actually helped i the endgame because I knew scum had to be House or Mathblade. Icescum would not let a claim like that alone.

Sam's WIFOM posting kept town guessing for a ridiculously long time after he was dead, so I have to give him props for a solid long game.

Throwing himself under the bus was ridiculous, though. If he didn't like the way I was playing, he could have talked to me about it. We had our very own private area to iron that shit out, after all.

Gath didn't really do anything to compliment. He was a lurker bee that followed a set course.

Avatar was clearly the brains of fire. Sam outing him is the only reason fire got taken out so early as a team.

Cafe definitely gets Town MVP.

@House I have no problem with your play other than I warned you not to rely on Wolf to get us there and you tripled down on that. You just happened to have picked the absolute worst fake claim one can pick. I didn't throw myself under the bus over you. I was setting up the twilight A-Z thing to happen at the best time for it to happen, but Gath went all I don't know what. He knew I was scum and I said openly what would happen at twilight and he outed himself and us and blew his team's chances and ours. You did fine. Once the game was busted there was no way we could have won.

@Wolfsister77 The reason I kept you in the hotseat was because House said he had posted in the GT about me going to a funeral. I hadn't mentioned that in the GT or North, so you could have busted us both had you noticed. I was talking crap about you in Central because I knew it would keep Aye distracted until about the time that happened and then I turned up the heat all over the place so you would not be looking back. I intentionally made that FA "slip up" in North so you would be the one to find it. House didn't know what I was doing because I didn't care to discuss it with him that much until I was in with both feet because I would have done it with or without his approval.

I knew House was scum before I got the role PM BTW. That is why I kept trying to drop the hot potato on @CaféAuLait as soon as I got in the game. If you go back to the Moonglow thing about the time I entered the GT, you will see that House's language clearly indicated he did not know the town win condition--in two consecutive posts he still couched it as not to commit to that being the town win condition just in case he was wrong, so I kept pushing that off onto Cafe over 1 post in case she was scum too are to distract from house

.....We didn't know the town win condition really. We did not get it until after that fight broke out, which is another reason I suspected Cafe for awhile when she referenced it being in a second PM to scum.

I'm annoyed. I should have realized house was scum when he starter complaining about the number of places he had to post on day one.

and I'm annoyed that I freaking handed Sam to you guys in a ribbon and it still took you a mislynch and a couple weeks of discussion to figure out he was scum when it was obvious the second he started going after me.

if I had known that you guys wouldn't be convinced I would have bluffed with my jail key. Thank you for that btw Rosie.

oh well you guys won. Good job

Avi-I saw a lot of frustration from you in the dz over this but you have to understand you were scum. Why should we automatically believe scum on anything? If Sam had a PR, I wanted to make sure not to mislynch. And you'll note by Wake's comments in the dz and you being able to see North, that I did eventually catch onto this and question Sam in North bring it to the GT. The neighborhoods really hurt scum this game because that's one reason House was hurt, that gambit in the hood, I eventually caught it and so did Care and Aye who would not have let me get away with not revealing it. They knew what was up and eventually I did too. Then that was it for House. So yes, I am slow at reading between the lines but I eventually will catch onto things.

And overall, I loved the neighborhood dynamic despite the fact I was stuck with 3 scum. It was still fun and added a lot to the game. I would vote to have neighborhoods again but play them much differently as far as what I reveal in them or how quickly I trust anyone.

If we play with special abilities again in the future, I'm going to divide them among the Days, to make them less explosive and frequent.

I never should have included the elemental BP statuses for Town. If I hadn't the game would have been, I think, way more nail-biting.

If we play with special abilities again in the future, I'm going to divide them among the Days, to make them less explosive and frequent.

I never should have included the elemental BP statuses for Town. If I hadn't the game would have been, I think, way more nail-biting.

The only issue I had with the abilities was them all having to be used the first 2 days. That was just so chaotic. But once that was out of the way, things were fine. I'd love to have them more spread out as to when they can be used but not in a way to give an advantage to any one side. And it probably would of been better to just have Cafe and SR be one-shot deals instead of permanent but I really like the idea of them being there to counteract that scum can't kill each other.

Avi-I saw a lot of frustration from you in the dz over this but you have to understand you were scum. Why should we automatically believe scum on anything? If Sam had a PR, I wanted to make sure not to mislynch. And you'll note by Wake's comments in the dz and you being able to see North, that I did eventually catch onto this and question Sam in North bring it to the GT. The neighborhoods really hurt scum this game because that's one reason House was hurt, that gambit in the hood, I eventually caught it and so did Care and Aye who would not have let me get away with not revealing it. They knew what was up and eventually I did too. Then that was it for House. So yes, I am slow at reading between the lines but I eventually will catch onto things.

And overall, I loved the neighborhood dynamic despite the fact I was stuck with 3 scum. It was still fun and added a lot to the game. I would vote to have neighborhoods again but play them much differently as far as what I reveal in them or how quickly I trust anyone.

That was just keystone cops coincidence. I had no idea House would fake claim, let alone fake claim THAT. LOL I was just throwing as much WIFOM in the game as I could and House stumbled into it in the worst possible way. Other than not wanting him to rely on you, I really had no end game plan with House. He just needed to be out there on his own. He held you guys off longer than I thought when he threw that dayvig thing out there. If I had been town, I would have instalynched him on that claim because it was either a lie or was in newby hands who would likely hit town.

If Rosie had not just been NK'd, I would have had to approach that situation differently. It took so long because people hoped it would be true being down a cop so early. His play at the end of day 1 in central should have set off alarms in more people's heads. it was obvious scum play. Independent of my situation in the game, I was so disheartened by town play days 1 and 2 that I cannot even put it into words how depressing it was with so many people with 4 games under their belt to be fumbling so badly.

That was just keystone cops coincidence. I had no idea House would fake claim, let alone fake claim THAT. LOL I was just throwing as much WIFOM in the game as I could and House stumbled into it in the worst possible way. Other than not wanting him to rely on you, I really had no end game plan with House. He just needed to be out there on his own. He held you guys off longer than I thought when he threw that dayvig thing out there. If I had been town, I would have instalynched him on that claim because it was either a lie or was in newby hands who would likely hit town.

If Rosie had not just been NK'd, I would have had to approach that situation differently. It took so long because people hoped it would be true being down a cop so early. His play at the end of day 1 in central should have set off alarms in more people's heads. it was obvious scum play. Independent of my situation in the game, I was so disheartened by town play days 1 and 2 that I cannot even put it into words how depressing it was with so many people with 4 games under their belt to be fumbling so badly.

Well, the thing about the davig gambit it is I had no clue if it was possible or not and knew nothing about that role. Although I believed and trusted House at first, I had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind the whole time that wouldn't go away. When he wouldn't take his shot when I asked him to over and over and when it was a perfect time to do so, I knew he was lying scum. Just had to work it out with town, and he was gone.

You are right, town did not play well in the beginning. I personally, did not play well, I was too scummy and people were FoSing me in the QT's and the GT. BUT, I am extremely happy with town's endgame play. To me, that shows a group that has grown as players and that's why I put that braggy post in the game Cafe said was braggy, and I'm glad SR recognized I was trying to rally town. She is from a different place so doesn't know the dynamics here and it is a sad fact that town here, including me, will look for the negative in people's posts sometimes when none is intended. It is getting better, but still an issue.

It is interesting to read what others say about your play in the QT's. I'm not done yet but I will write down specific posts I think are good to reference regarding my play and what I can improve on because you are right in what you said in the dz Sameech, I am trying to improve. It is a welcome relief to see more positive this time than all the garbage I saw in game 3 in the QT's. Not that there wasn't plenty of crap talk but as long as it is about the game and gameplay and not personal, it is acceptable. It's not so much that I care what others think of me personally but I look at what others say about my play to see how I can improve or change so I'm not so easily read in the future.

I find it sad what is happening with Rosie, Grandma, Mertex-Why can't they just talk and keep the personal shit out and just say-you need to improve here and here's why and the other person say the will work on that so they can still play together? I am much more frustrated with players who don't contribute anything or do nothing to improve every game then people who are wrong but still try hard. I really like all 3 of them but I sympathize with Mertex because I got similar crap in game 3 and she can probably take it better than me but we are all human and do have feelings, despite Mafia being hardcore.

Just my thoughts.

Oh, and House relying on me so much-why didn't I recognize that blatant scum buddying? LOL For some reason that came off as town to me and I think I just refused to believe a 3rd scum could be in our hood. Luckily, he was caught anyway.

I do think the bp statuses were good but scum should have had a PR or daytalk. If they had daytalk, the setup was balanced.

In the original fire and scum, the doctor wasnot macho. The town lost a fair amount by having the cop not be healable.

If you were going to change anything, I would take out the green dots.

True. Unkillable is broken.

I kinda like how my new Sam-immune vest fits. Rather shapely!

Sam is kinda butthurt so I will say no more.

<wicked, evil grin>

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back