Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

LOL on Rosie, You are doing fine and seem like a townie to me.

Well, that's good to hear. I was kind of worried I might get lynched.
smiley-laughing002.gif

Scum!

Dogpile on the agent! Dogpile on the agent!

LOL, Let's get em. :biggrin:

LOL on Rosie, You are doing fine and seem like a townie to me.

Well, that's good to hear. I was kind of worried I might get lynched.
smiley-laughing002.gif

Scum!

Dogpile on the agent! Dogpile on the agent!

Noooooo!!!! LOL

I'm just glad I'm not using LittleFinger from Game of Thrones as my Avatar like I do on some other forums.

I'd be doomed!
smiley-laughing002.gif

Oh, that would be a policy lynch for sure. LOL

Some members have asked for clarification on the special powers everyone has received. They are denoted by the "
Green_Orb.png
" in your Role PMs. Like with voting, all you need do is post "Activate: Power's Name." So if your ability is called "Thrashback," and you want to use it now, simply contain the bolded "Activate: Thrashback" in your post. Using the @ function ensures I won't miss it.

Go ahead and try one of your special abilities, if you want.

:muahaha:

If we do, since you told us to try them, do we get them back to use again?

Sans other special abilities' effects, you may activate them once, per the rules.

Some members have asked for clarification on the special powers everyone has received. They are denoted by the "
Green_Orb.png
" in your Role PMs. Like with voting, all you need do is post "Activate: Power's Name." So if your ability is called "Thrashback," and you want to use it now, simply contain the bolded "Activate: Thrashback" in your post. Using the @ function ensures I won't miss it.

Sans other special abilities, you may activate them once, per the rules.

You tease!!! :whip:

Why did my post show up twice? New software and me are not getting along, LOL.

It is quirky. Sometimes it feels like a post gets moved backwards in a thread to when it was sent. I am not sure. In some threads (not this one) it seems like when I hit post I can be a page or 2 back from where it should have landed.

I'm having all kind of problems with it. Kind of frustrating. You make a good case on FA.

Thanks I guess. I just hope that everybody makes the effort to make their best case for somebody regardless of who it is. This was kind of the point I was trying to make in Game 3 before that ugly mislynch SR lead. I think town is best served when everybody finds their own candidate in their own words. It is one of those synergy/weird group dynamics. I think town generally fairs better when people are inputing, even if most of us are wrong most of the time. It makes people less afraid to be wrong, less likely to jump on wagons destined to go off the cliff, and the more inputs to use for analysis for the remainder of town in the home stretch, the better the final few's decisions will be. I think of it like those team building exercises like a trust fall. They are silly, but yet, they do kind of work even if the team is united in talking about how stupid it was to have to push/pull everybody through a dirty old tire as a symbolic rebirth.

Green_Orb.png

Is this true for all special abilities that we have to activate them in thread instead of by PM? I was sort of confused about that on mine

@House

Reads are fluid, I may change that read tomorrow. She may do something to raise suspicions, as anyone might.

I just don't recall seeing anything to read.

She's been on the thread.

Meta ( past game talk, play) can help quite a bit with players. I may be far off, but I will watch.

As far as Wolf, her play seems quite a bit like game 2 when she was town. The issue was in game 3 she purposely started an argument as part of her scum ploy and some people are thinking its reminiscent of game 3. I don't see it yet, but I could be wrong.

For whatever it is worth, I think the difference is that in Game 2 and this Game she has shown interest and will go out on a limb to try to draw out content when she didn't do that in Game 3 as scum.

@House

Reads are fluid, I may change that read tomorrow. She may do something to raise suspicions, as anyone might.

I just don't recall seeing anything to read.

She's been on the thread.

Meta ( past game talk, play) can help quite a bit with players. I may be far off, but I will watch.

As far as Wolf, her play seems quite a bit like game 2 when she was town. The issue was in game 3 she purposely started an argument as part of her scum ploy and some people are thinking its reminiscent of game 3. I don't see it yet, but I could be wrong.

For whatever it is worth, I think the difference is that in Game 2 and this Game she has shown interest and will go out on a limb to try to draw out content when she didn't do that in Game 3 as scum.

Did she have to rely on Town to kill off her competition in Game 3?

I don't think comparing Game 3 with this one is relevant unless they were both the same win conditions & restrictions, because restrictions greatly affect strategy.

Did she have to rely on Town to kill off her competition in Game 3?

I don't think comparing Game 3 with this one is relevant unless they were both the same win conditions & restrictions, because restrictions greatly affect strategy.[/QUOTE]

No but it was a very dramatic ending to the day and the game all in a very short time frame. That was like the thermonuclear ending we won't likely see again. It started off with me piling on votes because I didn't join in and tried to stop a horribly timed mislynch. I was convinced Wolf was trying to purposefully get herself lynched and her scum team was trying to stop her and we piled on her and she got modkilled because she had been hexed and broke the rules 3 times by not including certain words in every post and then in all the drama Wake accidentally posted the link to the scum QT thread for all to see and 3 of us clicked on it and the game had to be called because there was no saving it because even our replacements would be confirmed town because there would be no reason to replace us if we weren't town.

No but it was a very dramatic ending to the day and the game all in a very short time frame. That was like the thermonuclear ending we won't likely see again. It started off with me piling on votes because I didn't join in and tried to stop a horribly timed mislynch. I was convinced Wolf was trying to purposefully get herself lynched and her scum team was trying to stop her and we piled on her and she got modkilled because she had been hexed and broke the rules 3 times by not including certain words in every post and then in all the drama Wake accidentally posted the link to the scum QT thread for all to see and 3 of us clicked on it and the game had to be called because there was no saving it because even our replacements would be confirmed town because there would be no reason to replace us if we weren't town.

So... different game, different circumstances. Makes no sense to assume same gameplay.

Not that I suspect Wolfie, the proposed logic that she'd act the same as game 3 just didn't add up for me.

So... different game, different circumstances. Makes no sense to assume same gameplay.

Not that I suspect Wolfie, the proposed logic that she'd act the same as game 3 just didn't add up for me.

It's not assuming game play per se. Its called meta ( look it up on Mafia scum) . Some are good at changing meta, some aren't. Meta can include post count, emotion, pushing for lynches, fluff posts, a person being too careful, or one who might be kind in the game when in past games they were assholes. etc.

The circumstances in every game are different, but a person's playstyle (meta) doesn't change much.

How much risk are they willing to take? Are they normally outgoing or shy as Town? Do they present good arguments to back up their points? How's their sense of humor normally?

You can do with it what you will. Your vote, your call. It is more complicated than that. There was drama from Game 2 that spilled into Game 3 (how much of it was strategic on her part is a sore contentious subject) and out of the game threads. Her play generally is more consistent with Game 2 as town and not Game 3 as scum. Perhaps you are correct in assuming that means nothing. Just at this point, she is not particularly on my personal radar because of the pattern that I witnessed. You were not a witness to it, so your gut takes you somewhere different as to the significance. No big deal.

You can do with it what you will. Your vote, your call. It is more complicated than that. There was drama from Game 2 that spilled into Game 3 (how much of it was strategic on her part is a sore contentious subject) and out of the game threads. Her play generally is more consistent with Game 2 as town and not Game 3 as scum. Perhaps you are correct in assuming that means nothing. Just at this point, she is not particularly on my personal radar because of the pattern that I witnessed. You were not a witness to it, so your gut takes you somewhere different as to the significance. No big deal.

I stated where my gut took me a while ago when she called for a suicide lynch.

- Neighborize!

The Central Windgale neighborhood

Grandma
FA_Q2
Sameech
AyeCantSeeYou

Forum List

Back