Official USMB Mafia Game #6: The Rebels In The Palace

I don't mentally ignore people flaming me to flame me no matter how much I try. It's just who I am Wake and while personal insults are not allowed at the main site, I disagree that it doesn't happen and I'd give an example except I'd be talking about an ongoing game so can't.

Apparently.

I'm not even going to bother addressing your "dribble".

If I thought you were Town at first, I sure don't now.

Oh look, classic Mertex. Reason and process is irrelevant, all that matters is that I called her anti-town... which isn't even a scum read.

I'm wounded... deep down... somewhere.

You're just trying to hide your obvious slip-up. You're not wounded, you're worried.
I just loled my pants.

You are awesome. LOL

You can flame, but please keep it in check.

This appears to be inconsistent with Zone 1 rules.

Would you please clarify so there is no misunderstanding?

Thanks!

True. Zone 1 rules are ideal, but not practical. The rules have to evolve to stay in the middle, to help ensure the games continue here. So my next step is to use 12-hour cooldown locks when things get too hot. It's better than banning, modkilling, or punishing players and risking losing decent players. Good players do get aggressive and/or antagonized, so this will be a happy medium, I think.

Would Zone 2 be a more appropriate fit?

We need our own area for these games. FZ would be too extreme. Not sure what Zone 2 allows - never bothered to read what is or isn't allowed there.

• "Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

You can flame, but please keep it in check.

Thanks!

True. Zone 1 rules are ideal, but not practical. The rules have to evolve to stay in the middle, to help ensure the games continue here. So my next step is to use 12-hour cooldown locks when things get too hot. It's better than banning, modkilling, or punishing players and risking losing decent players. Good players do get aggressive and/or antagonized, so this will be a happy medium, I think.

We need our own area for these games. FZ would be too extreme. Not sure what Zone 2 allows - never bothered to read what is or isn't allowed there.

• "Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

I'm thinking we need our own zone. These games don't need to be mixed in with the political areas here.

Thanks!

I'm thinking we need our own zone. These games don't need to be mixed in with the political areas here.

It's a sticky situation, no doubt. Any rules put in place will have to be weighed against the potential hit on morale.

As things stand, I personally believe Zone 1 to be a little too strict, where Zone 2 at least gives a little breathing room.

This game was moved to zone 1 after game 2 devolved into a flame fest. I doubt USMB will give us our own zone or monitor us too closely here unless someone complains to staff. We are going to have to take care of this ourselves with whoever moderates a game laying down the rules and enforcing them with warnings and modkills if it gets bad enough. Alternatively, I or anyone can refuse to sign up for a game if it looks like it is going to be a problem.

Thanks!

Assigning a zone to the forum does not move the forum into that realm of posting. It just means members have to follow the same rules that also happen to apply to those forums as well.

Zones are like molds that shape the conversations within the forums they are assigned to regulate.

Now, it's time for my (apparently) scummy self to get some sleep.

Mertex, Avatar, and friends, "Do Whatcha Like". :)

has wolfy played a scum game yet?

Yeah, and being dealt the Scum hand makes her go ballistic.

Just like now.

Regards from Rosie

You were so damn nasty as scum you make me laugh. I went ballistic in game 2 as town when I was repeatedly trolled and attacked and I will continue it here as town when it happens because that is your scum meta when town suspects you. You try to set them off. You have had no justifiable reason for you treatment of me this game but I will not roll over and take it. You got that right. You've done nothing this game but go after me.

You mercilessly attack people in every game you play. You were nasty to Mertex last game, nasty to mebelle in game 3, nasty to me in game 2 and now.

Nope, I don't put up with that crap as either alignment.

And you are FoC - full of crap. I have done plenty in this game other than pick on poor widdle you. But that is all you can see.

Something I never posted to Mertex but I am to you. Grow the hell up. You are behaving more crappy than any five year old; except that they have the good grace to be embarrassed about it.

You can't even crappily muster that.

Besides being a liar. All the Full of Crap that you won't play, want to be replaced out and all your other nonsense.

There is absolutely no reason to believe a word you post.

And look. Grown-ups can be a grown up AND not use vulgarities. Immature females, especially,, cannot.

Regards from Rosie

Ughh. you're still doing it. All you've done so far is prove that Wolfsister is a volitile player.
Telling someone to quit or replace out is against the spirit of the game and is generally worth a mod kill
and at minimum a Policy Lynch.
You are making baseless accusations and unfounded claims. Please start doing the better things that you have to do, and stop making posts like this.
Tell us the other things that you have done.

It really hurts that you would flat out call someone a liar in this game considering that you agreed to be manipulated and lied to as part of agreeing to play this game. Please point out the contradictions in Wolfsisters statements instead of name calling.

And jeez that sexist jab at the end was WAAAYY over the top. Her being a female has nothing to do with this game or any game EVAR!

If anything, by this post you have cinched my scum read on you.
MOAR rosie votes NAU!

Apparently.

I'm not even going to bother addressing your "dribble".

If I thought you were Town at first, I sure don't now.

Oh look, classic Mertex. Reason and process is irrelevant, all that matters is that I called her anti-town... which isn't even a scum read.

I'm wounded... deep down... somewhere.

You're just trying to hide your obvious slip-up. You're not wounded, you're worried.
I just loled my pants.

Is that what that awful smell is?

And Wolfsister that GFY comment would be a mod instakill on everyother site that I've ever played on, so don't think you're off the hook in my mind for your rude behavior.

has wolfy played a scum game yet?

Yeah, and being dealt the Scum hand makes her go ballistic.

Just like now.

Regards from Rosie

You were so damn nasty as scum you make me laugh. I went ballistic in game 2 as town when I was repeatedly trolled and attacked and I will continue it here as town when it happens because that is your scum meta when town suspects you. You try to set them off. You have had no justifiable reason for you treatment of me this game but I will not roll over and take it. You got that right. You've done nothing this game but go after me.

You mercilessly attack people in every game you play. You were nasty to Mertex last game, nasty to mebelle in game 3, nasty to me in game 2 and now.

Nope, I don't put up with that crap as either alignment.

And you are FoC - full of crap. I have done plenty in this game other than pick on poor widdle you. But that is all you can see.

Something I never posted to Mertex but I am to you. Grow the hell up. You are behaving more crappy than any five year old; except that they have the good grace to be embarrassed about it.

You can't even crappily muster that.

Besides being a liar. All the Full of Crap that you won't play, want to be replaced out and all your other nonsense.

There is absolutely no reason to believe a word you post.

And look. Grown-ups can be a grown up AND not use vulgarities. Immature females, especially,, cannot.

Regards from Rosie

Ughh. you're still doing it. All you've done so far is prove that Wolfsister is a volitile player.
Telling someone to quit or replace out is against the spirit of the game and is generally worth a mod kill
and at minimum a Policy Lynch.
You are making baseless accusations and unfounded claims. Please start doing the better things that you have to do, and stop making posts like this.
Tell us the other things that you have done.

It really hurts that you would flat out call someone a liar in this game considering that you agreed to be manipulated and lied to as part of agreeing to play this game. Please point out the contradictions in Wolfsisters statements instead of name calling.

And jeez that sexist jab at the end was WAAAYY over the top. Her being a female has nothing to do with this game or any game EVAR!

If anything, by this post you have cinched my scum read on you.
MOAR rosie votes NAU!

I don't know if she's town or scum but she's this nasty to someone in every game she plays no matter what her alignment. When she does it to me, it gets pretty ugly. My opinion of her is pretty much in the gutter right now because there is just no reason for these attacks that have nothing to do with the game that she just keeps up with over and over like the Energizer Bunny. It's destructive, it's nasty and shows that she is incapable of playing without trying to destroy another person and the game in the process. She's a mean girl and she really needs a PL every time she does this and I say that knowing full well some may think I do too for my reaction to it.

Vote: RosieS

titus has a weird approach as scum and the fact shes trying to use my own tactic against me is enough of a tell to me.
Part of Titus's case is that you aren't random
For using a STOOPID reason to vote. And especially because drive-by voting is always Scum Central.
Sorry, I'm not as active in this game as I'd like to be. I can't help it if your soft claim was so blatant that it might as well be a hard claim. If you were using it to scum hunt(gambit), you'd be saying the people voting you are town. Not the opposite.

I have no need to gambit.

You gotta get up to speed on what Town is and is not.

You got it badly wrong right from the start. USMB is not like any place you might be be used to.

Try again.

Regards from Rosie

Ok. Then... help me understand where your mind is. if I got it wrong, you need to say where I got it wrong.
-You've admitted it's not a gambit. So.. I must be correct in believing it was multiple soft claims.

What is town and what is not to you?
What do you think I should expect from USMB?

No, it is not soft claiming or crumbing or anything of the sort.

Hometown (USMB) players tend not to do that...thus Scarlet's surprised at your thinking I would crumb King ( or anything for that matter).

USMB players do tend to go off topic more than main Mafia players, and it is stoopid to call that scumtells.

Capische?

Regards from Rosie

Hahahaha. lol. ROTFLMAO. heehee.
One of my first comments was Why are there so many soft claims? Most of them aren't even cryptic. I don't usually look for the cryptic claims anyway. So... seriously are you going to get around to explaining your statements?

My statements on DEODORANT? Agreeing with House that there is no "Left Guard"?

That is just banter that needs no explanation. Iti s barely game related. Harmless banter signifying nothing.

Reading anything into harmless banter is just plain stoopid.

Regards from Rosie

And Wolfsister that GFY comment would be a mod instakill on everyother site that I've ever played on, so don't think you're off the hook in my mind for your rude behavior.

Then vote me out next or now instead of Rosie. If Wake won't, the players can. It's as simple as that.

I don't know if she's town or scum but she's this nasty to someone in every game she plays no matter what her alignment. When she does it to me, it gets pretty ugly. My opinion of her is pretty much in the gutter right now because there is just no reason for these attacks that have nothing to do with the game that she just keeps up with over and over like the Energizer Bunny. It's destructive, it's nasty and shows that she is incapable of playing without trying to destroy another person and the game in the process. She's a mean girl and she really needs a PL every time she does this and I say that knowing full well some may think I do too for my reaction to it.

I suppose the first part is true. Normally I would try to judge your not knowing someone's alignment as a town tell. but being as the scum are not in a PM together. It's kind of null. On the other hand your comments of self reflection give more of an idea that you want to figure out this game.

I don't know if I'm much one to talk on this subject. I've been in plenty of ingame arguments myself, but most of them revolve around
Me: "You said this"
Them: "Yea, but I meant this"
Me: "Well it's still scummy."
Them: "no it's not"
Me: "Yes it is" ~infinite loop.

Personal attacks walk a fine line in this game. You're scum! is obviously a personal attack, but it's related to the game.
GFY and you're a girl on her period are not.

Focus on deciding if a person is town or scum. Not on personality.

titus has a weird approach as scum and the fact shes trying to use my own tactic against me is enough of a tell to me.
Part of Titus's case is that you aren't random
Sorry, I'm not as active in this game as I'd like to be. I can't help it if your soft claim was so blatant that it might as well be a hard claim. If you were using it to scum hunt(gambit), you'd be saying the people voting you are town. Not the opposite.

I have no need to gambit.

You gotta get up to speed on what Town is and is not.

You got it badly wrong right from the start. USMB is not like any place you might be be used to.

Try again.

Regards from Rosie

Ok. Then... help me understand where your mind is. if I got it wrong, you need to say where I got it wrong.
-You've admitted it's not a gambit. So.. I must be correct in believing it was multiple soft claims.

What is town and what is not to you?
What do you think I should expect from USMB?

No, it is not soft claiming or crumbing or anything of the sort.

Hometown (USMB) players tend not to do that...thus Scarlet's surprised at your thinking I would crumb King ( or anything for that matter).

USMB players do tend to go off topic more than main Mafia players, and it is stoopid to call that scumtells.

Capische?

Regards from Rosie

Hahahaha. lol. ROTFLMAO. heehee.
One of my first comments was Why are there so many soft claims? Most of them aren't even cryptic. I don't usually look for the cryptic claims anyway. So... seriously are you going to get around to explaining your statements?

My statements on DEODORANT? Agreeing with House that there is no "Left Guard"?

That is just banter that needs no explanation. Iti s barely game related. Harmless banter signifying nothing.

Reading anything into harmless banter is just plain stoopid.

Regards from Rosie
Oh, so you must have been talking about Degree, or Old Spice. Why didn't you say that in the first place.
Perhaps you don't see any relativity to this image of deodorant and the game flavor.

It isn't banter. And I purport that the nature of the deodorant statement was in the spirit of soft claiming.

I suppose the first part is true. Normally I would try to judge your not knowing someone's alignment as a town tell. but being as the scum are not in a PM together. It's kind of null. On the other hand your comments of self reflection give more of an idea that you want to figure out this game.

I don't know if I'm much one to talk on this subject. I've been in plenty of ingame arguments myself, but most of them revolve around
Me: "You said this"
Them: "Yea, but I meant this"
Me: "Well it's still scummy."
Them: "no it's not"
Me: "Yes it is" ~infinite loop.

Personal attacks walk a fine line in this game. You're scum! is obviously a personal attack, but it's related to the game.
GFY and you're a girl on her period are not.

Focus on deciding if a person is town or scum. Not on personality.

My GFY comment was out of line. I should of walked away before I got to that point. She's been putting up these posts all day long calling me a crappy player and personally attacking me and doing little else. Every time things settle down and we go back to playing, she puts up another one. I don't react well to that and never have. Call me scum and state your case against me and we'll go at it in a game related fashion. Personally insult me and I will not deal with it well. That's been the case every time it has happened. That doesn't excuse my reaction to it. I know I react badly to this. But unfortunately, it's hard for me not to. When this crap isn't going on, and I'm playing the game and everyone else is, it is a lot better around here that's for darn sure. This is not a good impression of USMB you are getting and I apologize for that.

I'm thinking so.

Otherwise everyone's gonna eventually get banned/modkilled.

At the main site, flaming is fine ONLY if it pertains to gameplay. Getting personal and calling somebody stupid or just being a dick to someone isn't alright. Attack the posts, not the player.

Those of us who don't attack others with a flame such as Eff Off will not get banned or modkilled. Ever.

There is always a chance that the other mods will pink those who use attacks such as Eff Off in this non-Flame Zone Game area.

In the interest of fairness, seeing a name pinked this time around is appropriate.

Doing nothing about it is not.

If anyone is pinked, we may not discuss that person at all.

If anyone is not pinked applying the Zone rules fairly is the least to be expected.

GFY is the lowest if the low in personal attacks.

Either you mean there to be no personal attacks or you don't!

Regards from Rosie

This game is a bit of an eyesore.

I'm going to sit back and watch because I personally have no intention right now of jumping into this lion pit.

That's interesting since House told SR to fuck off the other day and no one complains but I say GFY and I now not only need to be modkilled but banned from the site as well.

Forum List

Back