Ohio's Issue 1 Soundly Rejected By Voters In Major Win For Abortion Rights

Remember when every other day you would read in the paper some guy or gal would wack a couple abortion doctors. That was wrong. They should have been wackin the mothers. That way the fathers wouldn't have to pay support. We men, it is our right to be child and women free.
Very pro life.

Which is why we need to raise the voting age.

consider the source:
The comment about the media is right on. My friends and I are well informed because we get our news from OAN and Newsmax. But what about everyone else? Obviously they are not well informed and this investigation might end up going nowhere because of it.
clearly, this moron should not opine on qualifications for voting.

Yep. They walk around like an open wound, making simplistic assumptions about pretty much everything.

Not a good way to go through life.
I am scratching my head over this vote. What were the GOP thinking ?
People never vote to give themselves less power.
I understand that a megadonor financed the whole GOP effort. Great for democracy that he spaffed his cash.

I am scratching my head over this vote. What were the GOP thinking ?
People never vote to give themselves less power.
I understand that a megadonor financed the whole GOP effort. Great for democracy that he spaffed his cash.
To put it succinctly, they're going for it. They're going to grab everything they can, while they can.

If Trump gets back in, he's going to eliminate every individual and department that can hold him accountable, and then go from there.

They feel this is their last chance to save America from Satan. This is their Hail Mary pass. Trump is their Pinochet. And they're dead serious.

We didn't learn from Europe.

Last edited:
When was the last presidential election that Democrats lost that wasn't widely claimed to be stolen? Just out of curiosity.
Chatter of theft, for sure!

But Democrats did what was right and all that matters...they PEACEFULLY transferred power to the Republicans, when they lost, whether they believed they lost fairly, or NOT!

Trump is the only President in our History, to not do that.... :(

Last edited:
On the face of it, one would believe that Ohio Republicans were trying to subvert the rights of the people by stripping them of their ability to create amendments. But this could be a blessing in disguise. Even though an amendment that could enshrine abortion into the state’s constitution would only pass by a simple majority, the Republicans could also submit their own amendment next year banning abortions entirely.

And it would only need 51% to pass.
And it will lose...that was the point of them trying to what they did......

Republicans are on the wrong side of the issue -- AGAIN

Given what a disaster Biden turned out to be, I see those number changing dramatically by 2024. That last one's liable to bite ya'll on the ass: Number of Unaffiliated Registered Voters: 6,196,547
Yall said that about Obama before the 2012 election...and lost....
Yall said that about Democrats in general before the 2018 election..and lost.....
Matter of fact, yall have been losing national elections ever since 2016......but maybe if you suck off Trump even harder, it will work next time..

Yeah, you are.
Please don't sulk.

The rejection of authoritarianism and embrace of government by the People by freedom-loving Americans is a good thing!
Ohioans have underscored that love of liberty that transcends political affiliation:

... Last summer, deep-red Kansas kicked off a wave of victories for abortion rights advocates and setbacks for the anti-abortion movement... Since then, voters in Kentucky and Montana have also rejected anti-abortion measures in statewide votes... And the electorates in Michigan, California and Vermont have approved constitutional amendments protecting abortion rights...
A 64% majority of US adults say they disapprove of last year’s Supreme Court ruling that women do not have a constitutional right to an abortion
Whit Ayres, a prominent Republican pollster, said Trump “has major problems, particularly with college-educated women.”
“They have basically moved away from the Republican Party at this point and become a core part of the Democratic coalition,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. With different candidates and a different appeal, I think many of them could come back to the Republicans. But Trump has driven away a great many college-educated women at this point.”

Last edited:
Ohio voters rejected an effort that would have made it harder to pass citizen-led ballot initiatives, in a rebuke of Republican efforts to block an expansion of abortion rights that’s on the ballot in November.

Issue 1, which would have raised the threshold to pass citizen-led ballot measures from a simple majority to a 60 percent threshold failed, Decision Desk HQ projected. With about 24 percent of the votes in, “no” led by an almost 40-point margin.

No Friday middle of the night abortion laws for you Ohio Republicans

See you at the polls next year.
Two major issues for 2024: Keep Trump on the golf course and out of the white house and re-establish Roe V Wade. Pro Trump, anti-abortion Repubtards will have a tough time at the ballot box.

F3DDTp7XEAAs_Sx
Quid Pro Pedo Joe's handlers obviously know an old trick for treating dementia patients.

Ice cream brings people with dementia to happier, warmer times when the treat was shared with friends and loved ones at special, joyous occasions. Ice cream has the power to immediately elicit soothing feelings at the very first taste of a single spoon-full. It erases all the negative feelings related to the frustration and continues to stimulate pleasure receptors in the brain with every new scoop. And dementia (here is the best part!) allows one to fully enjoy the treat, with no concerns for calories, weight gain or dietary needs, completely guilt free! For people with dementia, ice cream is far more effective and safe than Prozac, or any other “happy” drug on the market! If you are caring for a loved one with dementia, find out what flavor is their absolute favorite and NEVER RUN OUT OF ICE CREAM!

How does one define "widely claimed"?

Democrats won the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Clinton conceded the next day, Gore shortly after the recount in Florida was stopped by conservatives on the Supreme Court.

The tradition of peaceful transfers of power that had distinguished the nation from 1789 until 2020 was respected.
It's not an objective term, to be sure, but you know it when you see it. But it was widely claimed, at least in my opinion, and I think it's fair to say, that Bush stole both of his elections and and even more so that Trump stole the 2016 election. As for the popular vote, it's an interesting statistic but irrelevant to who actually won. So the point is that both sides whine when they lose, but it seems like Republicans might have learned it from Democrats.

Remember when every other day you would read in the paper some guy or gal would wack a couple abortion doctors. That was wrong. They should have been wackin the mothers. That way the fathers wouldn't have to pay support. We men, it is our right to be child and women free.
I hope you live alone and women have nothing to do with a loser like you.

Forum List

Back