Old cars suck | Change my mind

They only made 3 of these and Ralph Lauren was one of the lucky guys Bugatti offered it to. It is such a highly sought after car, that a very wealthy buyer offered him $100,000,000 for it, but he refused to sell it.

Bugatti La Voiture

960x0.jpg

voiture_noire_046.jpg

Quick question for you guys if you watch the Velocity channel......................

Who would you rather have build you a car, Dave Kindigg, Chip Foose, Gas Monkey Garage or Ian Roussel?

Me? It would go in this order, Ian Roussel, Chip Foose, Dave Kindigg, and last, Gas Monkey.

Last edited:
Quick question for you guys if you watch the Velocity channel......................

Who would you rather have build you a car, Dave Kindigg, Chip Foose, Gas Monkey Garage or Ian Roussel?

Me? It would go in this order, Ian Roussel, Chip Foose, Dave Kindigg, and last, Gas Monkey.
I'm not usually fond of Fooses paint designs.

Well, when he does the Overhaulin' show, he has the people who know the mark best help him figure out what the vehicle should look like. The reason I like Foose? His metalwork and the way he can take a stock vehicle and put little touches in, but when he's done, you still know what it started life as, but it's got a lot more class when he's done.

But, for someone who is truly good at customization is Ian Roussel. Some of the things he's come up with are truly amazing. Especially when he decides to chop the top of an old vehicle. And yeah, his process is kinda strange, but when he gets done, the vehicles are gorgeous.

Kindigg in my opinion is kinda like Roussel as he's got radical designs, but he doesn't do all the work himself.

Gas Monkey is the last shop I would want to have build me a car. Ever since they lost their head mechanic, no way I would trust them.

Well, when he does the Overhaulin' show, he has the people who know the mark best help him figure out what the vehicle should look like. The reason I like Foose? His metalwork and the way he can take a stock vehicle and put little touches in, but when he's done, you still know what it started life as, but it's got a lot more class when he's done.

But, for someone who is truly good at customization is Ian Roussel. Some of the things he's come up with are truly amazing. Especially when he decides to chop the top of an old vehicle. And yeah, his process is kinda strange, but when he gets done, the vehicles are gorgeous.

Kindigg in my opinion is kinda like Roussel as he's got radical designs, but he doesn't do all the work himself.

Gas Monkey is the last shop I would want to have build me a car. Ever since they lost their head mechanic, no way I would trust them.
One of my favorite restomods ever IS actually a Chip Foose design. Joe Rogan's Barracuda, perfectly named "Sick Fish". Foose wanted to do some wild stripes down the side, but Joe wouldn't let him. He saw it at this phase of the paint job and said "Stop. It's perfect". I agree.

0Wqwh8h3eVEwYvnzNxVX_fRCZl7ffiIeIVrx5-g5pL8.jpg

DYBc3wEVAAA7Kkq.jpg

Last edited:
This menacing Mansory Edition Lamborghini Aventador SV featured at the 2019 Geneva Auto Convention shits on any old car you can produce a picture of. The design on the all carbon fiber body is thousands of tiny stealth bombers, giving it an almost textured look. This has to be the baddest Lambo ever made.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I call you and raise you 20 million.

2013-11-november-ford-gt40-mkii-amelia-concours.jpg

3eebb42245ff4c65be54fbca8dfff0b6.jpg

My car is only worth a paltry 1.8 mil... But I'll stack its looks up against any modern super car.
ford-gt40-mk-i-chassis-1003_100389703.jpg

Ian all the way.

This menacing Mansory Edition Lamborghini Aventador SV featured at the 2019 Geneva Auto Convention shits on any old car you can produce a picture of. The design on the all carbon fiber body is thousands of tiny stealth bombers, giving it an almost textured look. This has to be the baddest Lambo ever made.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

My car is only worth a paltry 1.8 mil... But I'll stack its looks up against any modern super car.
You have one of the very few old (stock) cars that I actually love.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

You have one of the very few old (stock) cars that I actually love.

Most of the new cars these days use mine for inspiration. Mine has race history which gives it a leg up on a standard MKI.

For all you guys that say Volkswagons suck, you do realize that they are one of the easiest cars to customize and upgrade, right? I wouldn't mind owning any of these.........

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279475

images

VWs are very cool. Especially the older ones. I really like the old Datsun 510 series as well.

I could change out an engine in My old VW on the side of the road, in less than an hour in some cases. I liked a couple of old Datsuns I had, bu tI hated the dual point distributors when I had to change the points out. Last Bug I owned was a '72 Super Beetle, the orange and black Halloween one. Loved that car.

We got the Kawhi Leonard Reign of LA commercial. Sure it is an image piece in order to sell shoes, but the car in it is cool. Here it is a 1966 Chevy Impala SS 396 convertible. Sweet:

chevy-impala-ss-convertible-1966-396-angle.jpg

chevy-impala-ss-convertible-1966-396-back.jpg

chevy-impala-ss-convertible-1966-396-front.jpg

chevy-impala-ss-convertible-1966-396-interior.jpg

chevy-impala-ss-convertible-1966-396-interior1.jpg

new-balance-car-rental-3-1024x542.png

new-balance-car-rental-2-1024x544.png

new-balance-car-rental-1-1-1024x545.png

The lie is it's not Kawhi's car, but a rental and you can rent it, too, in LA-LA land lol.

For all you guys that say Volkswagons suck, you do realize that they are one of the easiest cars to customize and upgrade, right? I wouldn't mind owning any of these.........

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279475

images

VWs are very cool. Especially the older ones. I really like the old Datsun 510 series as well.

I could change out an engine in My old VW on the side of the road, in less than an hour in some cases. I liked a couple of old Datsuns I had, bu tI hated the dual point distributors when I had to change the points out. Last Bug I owned was a '72 Super Beetle, the orange and black Halloween one. Loved that car.

My last one was a blue '73 Beetle I owned from '82 to 91. I traded it and still kick myself.

View attachment 279474

View attachment 279475

images

My last one was a blue '73 Beetle I owned from '82 to 91. I traded it and still kick myself.

My friend had a blue '71 Beetle that we commuted to Berkeley from San Francisco for a year. It was a stick and had a very nice sound and ride. Any of those 60s and early 70s Beetles are a classic today. Any of those vintage rides from the 60s and early 70s are fun cars. It doesn't have to be a muscle car. Another friend had a 1960 Impala which wasn't an SS model, but still fun to ride in. It had plenty of room with bench seats in front and a huge trunk. We hid two guys in there during high school in order to sneak into the drive in. Afterward, he traded it in for a 1970 440 Mopar Plymouth Duster which he modified with a bigger Holley carburetor, mufflers, air shocks, and big mag wheels and tires. I had a 1970 Chevy Nova which I souped up to go street racing in. All days and nights of misspent youth.

Another car I dug on from the 60s was the Ford Galaxie 500 which Glenn Fireball Roberts promoted. This one is a Ford muscle car from 1964 -- the Ford Galaxie 500. It was a family car, but this one was specially made for the street racing crowd. .

Last edited:
Unfortunately or fortunately (whichever way you look at it) I hate, hate, hate most of the 70s and 80s cars, think they are the ugliest pieces of junk Detroit ever put out.

With few exceptions (Trans Am) they were ugly, poorly made cars

Lazy ass Union workers, who thought their gravy train would last forever?

I agree.

Union workers did not design the cars, they did not buy the parts, they did not set quality standards

It took a combination of commie auto unions and inbreed, clueless management to kill Detroit and they did a through job of it. Teamwork!
The Capitalist corporations used up and abandoned Detroit. They designed crappy cars, cut corners and ignored the market

The consumers weren’t buying it

I sold new and used cars during the 80s and the mid 70s cars sucked. I think it was the gas crisis that killed the auto market. I can't remember when it was, but the Alaskan pipeline changed things for the better again. People started ordering Cadillacs and Lincoln Continentals again.

That's pretty funny about the guy who owns a Pagani and didn't know about the matching luggage. It doesn't seem like a practical everyday car although may be fun to drive around in. It may be more for a car collector as the owner looks and sounds like a collector. I know an anesthesiologist who could afford a car like that, but he's a bit of a nerd and so a couple of hot women he knows take advantage of him. They would borrow his car to drive to LA from San Francisco for the weekend and return it all dirty, with trash inside, and with the gas tank bone dry. How they get the tank so dry is a mystery? I can see he would be missing the luggage when they returned the car.

Forum List

Back