On Pearl Harbor day, remember that the Japanese were fanatic suicide bombers, too.

August 10, 1988

The Members of Congress and distinguished guests, my fellow Americans, we gather here today to right a grave wrong. More than 40 years ago, shortly after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, 120,000 persons of Japanese ancestry living in the United States were forcibly removed from their homes and placed in makeshift internment camps. This action was taken without trial, without jury. It was based solely on race, for these 120,000 were Americans of Japanese descent.

Yes, the Nation was then at war, struggling for its survival and it's not for us today to pass judgment upon those who may have made mistakes while engaged in that great struggle. Yet we must recognize that the internment of Japanese-Americans was just that: a mistake. For throughout the war, Japanese-Americans in the tens of thousands remained utterly loyal to the United States. Indeed, scores of Japanese-Americans volunteered for our Armed Forces, many stepping forward in the internment camps themselves. The 442d Regimental Combat Team, made up entirely of Japanese-Americans, served with immense distinction to defend this nation, their nation. Yet back at home, the soldier's families were being denied the very freedom for which so many of the soldiers themselves were laying down their lives.

See they support the rounding up of people based on race as long as a (D) does it..

As usual you are an idiot.

The detention of Americans of Japanese descent was a national disgrace.

Those who have been expressing support for such a disgrace in this thread have all been Conservatives- nary a (D) in the bunch
yet the D's did it. ironic eh? I supposed you don't like your parties history I guess. It's irrelevant today.
Yes....the D's did it. The R's were too busy selling scrap iron to Japan and singing the praises of Hitler and Mussolini.

The Kennedy's were Republicans?

Silly far left drones..
The ILLUSTRIOUS DUNDERHEADS. Introduction by Frank Sullivan.: Rex - Editor. [Political Commentary]. Stout: Amazon.com: Books

Good reading.

We treated our loyal Japanese citizens like they were fanatical suicide bombers and imprisoned 100,000 out of fear

Sounds like todays Republicans

They were a security risk.

And we turned them loose after the war. None of them were executed or starved. So they fared pretty well.

And they were protected from people who wanted to kill them during the war.

All in all, not such a bad thing.

Actually, history has shown that they weren't a security risk

They lost all their property and possessions when they were rounded up....was that OK with you?
Oddly, they were rounded up on the West Coast but NOT in Hawaii. There was a powerful contingent in CA, WA, and OR looking to grab their property.
ahemmmmmmmmmm D's

We treated our loyal Japanese citizens like they were fanatical suicide bombers and imprisoned 100,000 out of fear

And we turned them loose after the war. None of them were executed or starved. So they fared pretty well.

Actually, history has shown that they weren't a security risk

They lost all their property and possessions when they were rounded up....was that OK with you?
it was with the California democrats. Who owns the property today? Is California conservative? wow, just wow, acceptance will set you free.

See they support the rounding up of people based on race as long as a (D) does it..

Those who have been expressing support for such a disgrace in this thread have all been Conservatives- nary a (D) in the bunch
yet the D's did it. ironic eh? I supposed you don't like your parties history I guess. It's irrelevant today.
Yes....the D's did it. The R's were too busy selling scrap iron to Japan and singing the praises of Hitler and Mussolini.

Silly far left drones..
The ILLUSTRIOUS DUNDERHEADS. Introduction by Frank Sullivan.: Rex - Editor. [Political Commentary]. Stout: Amazon.com: Books

Good reading.

As Europe moved closer to war in the late 1930s, the United States Congress continued to demand American neutrality. Between 1936 and 1937, much to the dismay of President Roosevelt, Congress passed the Neutrality Acts. For example, in the final Neutrality Act, Americans could not sail on ships flying the flag of a belligerent nation or trade arms with warring nations. Such activities had played a role in American entrance into World War I.

United States non-interventionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Silly far left drones as they show they know nothing about History!

Silly far left drones..

Good reading.

As Europe moved closer to war in the late 1930s, the United States Congress continued to demand American neutrality. Between 1936 and 1937, much to the dismay of President Roosevelt, Congress passed the Neutrality Acts. For example, in the final Neutrality Act, Americans could not sail on ships flying the flag of a belligerent nation or trade arms with warring nations. Such activities had played a role in American entrance into World War I.

Read some of those Republican speeches admiring how Hitler and Mussolini were running their countries.

President George H. W. Bush. He issued another formal apology from the U.S. government on December 7, 1991, on the 50th-Anniversary of the Pearl Harbor Attack, saying:

"In remembering, it is important to come to grips with the past. No nation can fully understand itself or find its place in the world if it does not look with clear eyes at all the glories and disgraces of its past. We in the United States acknowledge such an injustice in our history. The internment of Americans of Japanese ancestry was a great injustice, and it will never be repeated."

Ah, the good ol days when blacks knew their place, white people ruled and the country as a whole rallied for one complete cause, defeat the bad guys and role onto victory. (sigh)......

Who gained great honor and prestige for killing white devils.

pearl-harbor-color.jpg

pearl-harbor-mem-day.jpg
OUCH! I don't think this thread is going the way you were hoping it was going to go.

But then again, there is still hope for you seeing as how most nutters don't care about facts and will probably climb on board and move this in the direction you were hoping it was going to go. However, you may have to nudge them a bit and give them a few blatant hints to get the thread to where you wanted it to go.

Who in their right mind, with gun fanatics running the country, a mass shooting every other day, 3 wars and counting on our agenda, a fucked up election year looming, Christmas right around the corner and a partridge in a pear tree....who has time to revisit for the millionth time Pearl Harbor...like let it go. That is the only effin war, this country wants to constantly celebrate.

Yeah, pro-jihadists don't like us to remember WWII because it reminds everybody about how fucking stupid it is to discount lunatics who declare war on you.

First off, I served my country and actually was stationed for several years in Oahu. I've very familiar with the history and the attacks. Listen, war is hell and for the US to keep chasing every gotdamned muslim country on the planet to end its attacks, when most of the harm we experience...COMES FROM MOTHERFUCKERS THAT LIVE HERE OR BORN HERE AND AND A FUCKIN CRAZY!!
This makes me weep for our military, and is just another example of how America has become degraded over the years.
What do YOU know about our military? List your credentials.

Yes...Japan's forces were fanatical and at times suicidal for victory. The US President (a Democrat) rounded up Japanese Americans. Most were innocent. Some were spies. We couldn't risk it apparently. And when it seemed we had little choice left....we nuked the bastards and broke their souls.

Total War. Just like Sherman did to break the Confederacy.

What will break radical Islam's will to fight?
Ok, Total War. I can get behind that. Just get the GOP Congress to vote for a declaration of War...then the government has the power to put the country on a Total War footing like it did in WWII.

Ah, the good ol days when blacks knew their place, white people ruled and the country as a whole rallied for one complete cause, defeat the bad guys and role onto victory. (sigh)......

OUCH! I don't think this thread is going the way you were hoping it was going to go.

But then again, there is still hope for you seeing as how most nutters don't care about facts and will probably climb on board and move this in the direction you were hoping it was going to go. However, you may have to nudge them a bit and give them a few blatant hints to get the thread to where you wanted it to go.

Who in their right mind, with gun fanatics running the country, a mass shooting every other day, 3 wars and counting on our agenda, a fucked up election year looming, Christmas right around the corner and a partridge in a pear tree....who has time to revisit for the millionth time Pearl Harbor...like let it go. That is the only effin war, this country wants to constantly celebrate.

Yeah, pro-jihadists don't like us to remember WWII because it reminds everybody about how fucking stupid it is to discount lunatics who declare war on you.

First off, I served my country and actually was stationed for several years in Oahu. I've very familiar with the history and the attacks. Listen, war is hell and for the US to keep chasing every gotdamned muslim country on the planet to end its attacks, when most of the harm we experience...COMES FROM MOTHERFUCKERS THAT LIVE HERE OR BORN HERE AND AND A FUCKIN CRAZY!!
This makes me weep for our military, and is just another example of how America has become degraded over the years.
What do YOU know about our military? List your credentials.
yeah Tubby. We're all ears

Yes...Japan's forces were fanatical and at times suicidal for victory. The US President (a Democrat) rounded up Japanese Americans. Most were innocent. Some were spies. We couldn't risk it apparently. And when it seemed we had little choice left....we nuked the bastards and broke their souls.

Ok, Total War. I can get behind that. Just get the GOP Congress to vote for a declaration of War...then the government has the power to put the country on a Total War footing like it did in WWII.
Repub Congress doesn't have the spine to put their money where their mouth is.

Just watched a great Japanese movie titled the "Eternal Zero".

It's about a fighter pilot in the the Japanese Air Force and his family during WWll from their perspective.

Well done and very interesting. ..... :cool:

Amazon.com: The Eternal Zero (Japanese movie w. English Sub - All Region DVD Version): Okada Junichi, Sometani Shota, Ueda Tatsuya, Fukiishi Kazue, Miura Takahiro, Miura Haruma: Movies & TV

Silly far left drones..

Good reading.

They know enough to feel threatened by the recollection and memorial of Pearl Harbor.

It's about a fighter pilot in the the Japanese Air Force and his family during WWll from their perspective.

Amazon.com: The Eternal Zero (Japanese movie w. English Sub - All Region DVD Version): Okada Junichi, Sometani Shota, Ueda Tatsuya, Fukiishi Kazue, Miura Takahiro, Miura Haruma: Movies & TV

Silly far left drones..

Good reading.

They know enough to feel threatened by the recollection and memorial of Pearl Harbor.

Where are your military credentials, Allie?

Silly far left drones..

Good reading.

Where are your military credentials, Allie?

Another far left drone distraction from the fact that even the (D)'s in that day went against FDR..

Not a bad thing for anyone who has no respect for the U.S. Constitution.

If the United States imprisoned your children for 5 years, as long as they were not executed or starved, would that be okay with you?
Koshergrl has no respect for the constitution or this country, so it's no wonder she would find that kind of imprisonment of innocents acceptable

You just summed up why the US and partners will NEVER EVER WIN THIS BATTLE AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM......The only thing that stopped the Japanese was the Atomic Bomb....otherwise, we'd still be fighting these people today. When you have enemies who are willing to kill themselves in the battle of war, you can not win with that type of thinking. You got women and children who are blowing themselves up for a cause that is bigger than anything we can imagine. And unless nations are willing to enact nuclear war against these people, expect this war to last til infamy!!

Silly far left drones..

Good reading.

I started an actual thread remembering Pearl Harbor- not this Conservative thread of half truths and lies.

You just summed up why the US and partners will NEVER EVER WIN THIS BATTLE AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM......The only thing that stopped the Japanese was the Atomic Bomb....otherwise, we'd still be fighting these people today. !

You are an idiot.

The Atomic bomb shortened the war- and saved American and Japanese lives- but Japan was already defeated and America was prepared to invade Japan and had the capacity to do so.

But Japan was finished, Atomic bomb or not.

Who gained great honor and prestige for killing white devils.

pearl-harbor-color.jpg

pearl-harbor-mem-day.jpg

First off, I served my country and actually was stationed for several years in Oahu. I've had occassion to visit the USS Arizona memorial when I was stationed there and after the movie was over, was applauded by the audience since I was in uniform, it was very humbling , so I'm very familiar with the history and the attacks. Listen, war is hell and for the US to keep chasing every gotdamned muslim country on the planet to end its attacks, when most of the harm we experience...COMES FROM MOTHERFUCKERS THAT LIVE HERE OR BORN HERE AND AND A FUCKIN CRAZY!!
well, not to be disrespectful to someone who served, why do you supposed we celebrate it? To perhaps thank the families of those who died and again pray for those who gave their lives. It is RESPECT, I is a memorial day for those victims. you libturds make no frkn sense.

Guess what, people died during the Vietnam war and the Korean war also and never do we pay as much attention to those veterans. I think we focus on WWII because its really the only war, were this country was truly united. I will also like to remind you that most of our vets during that era are dead...just sayin.

You just summed up why the US and partners will NEVER EVER WIN THIS BATTLE AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM......The only thing that stopped the Japanese was the Atomic Bomb....otherwise, we'd still be fighting these people today. When you have enemies who are willing to kill themselves in the battle of war, you can not win with that type of thinking. You got women and children who are blowing themselves up for a cause that is bigger than anything we can imagine. And unless nations are willing to enact nuclear war against these people, expect this war to last til infamy!!
you still defecating on the veterans?

Forum List

Back