On Pearl Harbor day, remember that the Japanese were fanatic suicide bombers, too.

well, not to be disrespectful to someone who served, why do you supposed we celebrate it? To perhaps thank the families of those who died and again pray for those who gave their lives. It is RESPECT, I is a memorial day for those victims. you libturds make no frkn sense.

They don't honor victims. They want us to forget those victims because it will make it easier for jihadists to victimize us if we do.

Who were the victims in the attack at Pearl Harbor? Here is a list of the casualties by location. Tell me how me posting this makes us safer from jihadists?

Location or Ship War Casualties (deaths)
Ford Island Naval Air Station 1
Kaneohe Naval Air Station 20
Midway Island Naval Air Station 4
Naval Mobile Hospital Number 2 1
Pearl Harbor Naval Hospital 1
USS Arizona (BB-39 Battleship) 1177
USS California (BB-44 Battleship) 105
USS Chew (DD-106 Destroyer) 2
USS Curtiss (AV-4 Seaplane Tender) 21
USS Dobbin (AD-3 Destroyer Tender) 4
USS Downes (DD-375 Destroyer) 12
USS Enterprise (CV-6 Aircraft Carrier) 11
USS Helena (CL-50 Light Cruiser) 34
USS Maryland (BB-46 Battleship) 4
USS Nevada (BB-36 Battleship) 57
USS Oklahoma (BB-37 Battleship) 429
USS Pennsylvania (BB-38 Battleship) 24
USS Pennsylvania (Chew) 1
USS Pennsylvania (Dobbin) 1
USS Pennsylvania (Pruitt) 1
USS Pennsylvania (Sicard) 1
USS Pennsylvania (Tracy) 3
USS Pruitt (DM-22 Light Minelayer) 1
USS Shaw (DD-373 Destroyer) 24
USS Sicard (DM-21 Light Minelayer) 1
USS Tennessee (BB-43 Battleship) 5
USS Tracy (DM-19 Light Minelayer) 3
USS Utah (AG-16 Target/Gunnery Training Ship) 58
USS Vestal (AR-4 Repair Ship) 7
USS West Virginia (BB-48 Battleship) 106
Ewa Marine Corps Air Station 6
Bellows Field 2
Hickam Field 191
Wheeler Field 35
Camp Malakole 3
Fort Barrett (in Kapolei) 1
Fort Kamehameha 5
Fort Shafter 2
Schofield Barracks 5
Honolulu 33
Pearl City 1
Pearl Harbor 1
Red Hill 1
Wahiawa 2
Waipahu 1
Wake Island 1
who said it did? your point is useless.

The idiot who said this
They want us to forget those victims because it will make it easier for jihadists to victimize us if we do.
well that statement was spot on. Still not sure your point.

Okay- once again- Here is a list of the casualties by location. Tell me how me posting this makes us safer from jihadists?

Bellows Field 2
Hickam Field 191
Wheeler Field 35
Camp Malakole 3
Fort Kamehameha 5
Fort Shafter 2
Schofield Barracks 5
Honolulu 33
Pearl City 1
Pearl Harbor 1
Red Hill 1
Wahiawa 2
Waipahu 1
Wake Island 1

We treated our loyal Japanese citizens like they were fanatical suicide bombers and imprisoned 100,000 out of fear

Sounds like todays Republicans

They were a security risk.

And we turned them loose after the war. None of them were executed or starved. So they fared pretty well.

And they were protected from people who wanted to kill them during the war.

All in all, not such a bad thing.

Not a bad thing for anyone who has no respect for the U.S. Constitution.

If the United States imprisoned your children for 5 years, as long as they were not executed or starved, would that be okay with you?

I have often thought over the years that putting Japanese into internment camps was not fully about fearing them as presenting a danger to us. Perhaps it was common sense in that, after that horrible attack, rabid patriots/idiots, would lash out at any and all Japanese living nearby.

Perhaps we were protecting them from us just as much as we felt we were protecting us from them. :salute:
August 10, 1988

The Members of Congress and distinguished guests, my fellow Americans, we gather here today to right a grave wrong. More than 40 years ago, shortly after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, 120,000 persons of Japanese ancestry living in the United States were forcibly removed from their homes and placed in makeshift internment camps. This action was taken without trial, without jury. It was based solely on race, for these 120,000 were Americans of Japanese descent.

Yes, the Nation was then at war, struggling for its survival and it's not for us today to pass judgment upon those who may have made mistakes while engaged in that great struggle. Yet we must recognize that the internment of Japanese-Americans was just that: a mistake. For throughout the war, Japanese-Americans in the tens of thousands remained utterly loyal to the United States. Indeed, scores of Japanese-Americans volunteered for our Armed Forces, many stepping forward in the internment camps themselves. The 442d Regimental Combat Team, made up entirely of Japanese-Americans, served with immense distinction to defend this nation, their nation. Yet back at home, the soldier's families were being denied the very freedom for which so many of the soldiers themselves were laying down their lives.

I have often thought over the years that putting Japanese into internment camps was not fully about fearing them as presenting a danger to us. Perhaps it was common sense in that, after that horrible attack, rabid patriots/idiots, would lash out at any and all Japanese living nearby.

Perhaps we were protecting them from us just as much as we felt we were protecting us from them. :salute:
August 10, 1988

The Members of Congress and distinguished guests, my fellow Americans, we gather here today to right a grave wrong. More than 40 years ago, shortly after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, 120,000 persons of Japanese ancestry living in the United States were forcibly removed from their homes and placed in makeshift internment camps. This action was taken without trial, without jury. It was based solely on race, for these 120,000 were Americans of Japanese descent.

Yes, the Nation was then at war, struggling for its survival and it's not for us today to pass judgment upon those who may have made mistakes while engaged in that great struggle. Yet we must recognize that the internment of Japanese-Americans was just that: a mistake. For throughout the war, Japanese-Americans in the tens of thousands remained utterly loyal to the United States. Indeed, scores of Japanese-Americans volunteered for our Armed Forces, many stepping forward in the internment camps themselves. The 442d Regimental Combat Team, made up entirely of Japanese-Americans, served with immense distinction to defend this nation, their nation. Yet back at home, the soldier's families were being denied the very freedom for which so many of the soldiers themselves were laying down their lives.

Come on far left drone troll back up your claims..

Typical far left drone they want others to do what they are not capable of doing themselves..

But hey the far left these actions just like they do when Obama did away with Due Process..

See they support the rounding up of people based on race as long as a (D) does it..

They don't honor victims. They want us to forget those victims because it will make it easier for jihadists to victimize us if we do.

Who were the victims in the attack at Pearl Harbor? Here is a list of the casualties by location. Tell me how me posting this makes us safer from jihadists?

Bellows Field 2
Hickam Field 191
Wheeler Field 35
Camp Malakole 3
Fort Kamehameha 5
Fort Shafter 2
Schofield Barracks 5
Honolulu 33
Pearl City 1
Pearl Harbor 1
Red Hill 1
Wahiawa 2
Waipahu 1
Wake Island 1

The idiot who said this
They want us to forget those victims because it will make it easier for jihadists to victimize us if we do.

Okay- once again- Here is a list of the casualties by location. Tell me how me posting this makes us safer from jihadists?

Bellows Field 2
Hickam Field 191
Wheeler Field 35
Camp Malakole 3
Fort Kamehameha 5
Fort Shafter 2
Schofield Barracks 5
Honolulu 33
Pearl City 1
Pearl Harbor 1
Red Hill 1
Wahiawa 2
Waipahu 1
Wake Island 1
I can't help you with that. You obviously don't get it.

They're traitors. I say we lock them up and try them. Which is better than what traitors in a time of war deserve, or have historically been treated to.

"Today treason continues to be punishable by death, while seditious conspiracy commands a maximum penalty of twenty years imprisonment. "

The Brutal and Horrifying Penalty for Treason
Who is the "they" in that sentence?

I'm finished with you, now. You demand definitions for common words and ask mindless questions that have already been answered...over..and over....and over.

You're nothing but a troll, adios.

Read.
And you hate america, clearly

More specifically she hates Americans.

Yes we know you far left drones hate America!
Well, there's projection for you.

August 10, 1988

See they support the rounding up of people based on race as long as a (D) does it..

As usual you are an idiot.

The detention of Americans of Japanese descent was a national disgrace.

Those who have been expressing support for such a disgrace in this thread have all been Conservatives- nary a (D) in the bunch

The idiot who said this

Bellows Field 2
Hickam Field 191
Wheeler Field 35
Camp Malakole 3
Fort Kamehameha 5
Fort Shafter 2
Schofield Barracks 5
Honolulu 33
Pearl City 1
Pearl Harbor 1
Red Hill 1
Wahiawa 2
Waipahu 1
Wake Island 1
I can't help you with that. You obviously don't get it.

No- I obviously don't.

Clearly you don't either.

Want to debate me on WW2 punk? Go for it.

Other than getting Doolittle's name wrong (mixed up Mitchell because I referred to the B-25 Mitchell)- everything I said was accurate.

I know trolls like you can't debate- but do you even have the stones to try?

Sure far left drone troll, go for it..

Like I said- you don't have the stones to back up your claims.

Just a troll.

Already have, far left drone troll says otherwise..

Like I said- you don't have the stones to back up your claims.

Just a troll

See how the far left drone trolls want to ignore any claims that have been made..

FDR attacked a country that never attacked the US..
Poor Kosh...so ignorant of history.

August 10, 1988

Those who have been expressing support for such a disgrace in this thread have all been Conservatives- nary a (D) in the bunch
yet the D's did it. ironic eh? I supposed you don't like your parties history I guess. It's irrelevant today.

August 10, 1988

yet the D's did it. ironic eh? I supposed you don't like your parties history I guess. It's irrelevant today.

Oh I don't have a problem with history- since frankly I know more history than any of the "C"'s posting here except perhaps for Longknife.

FDR issued the order- the order was a disgrace. The order itself was widely supported around the United States- including by my Republican grandmother.

You want to blame this disgraceful action just on Democrats?

Well then by that standard- Democrats won WW2 for the United States.

I mean if you really want to start playing partisan stupidity with history.

August 10, 1988

Yes....the D's did it. The R's were too busy selling scrap iron to Japan and singing the praises of Hitler and Mussolini.

August 10, 1988

Oh I don't have a problem with history- since frankly I know more history than any of the "C"'s posting here except perhaps for Longknife.

FDR issued the order- the order was a disgrace. The order itself was widely supported around the United States- including by my Republican grandmother.

Yes it was the Democrat President that order it so yes you can blame Democrats solely for that!

Typical far left drone troll who shows they do not know history!

August 10, 1988

Yes....the D's did it. The R's were too busy selling scrap iron to Japan and singing the praises of Hitler and Mussolini.

The Kennedy's were Republicans?

Silly far left drones..

August 10, 1988

what I want is apologist such as yourself to shut the f up and quit trying to rewrite history. The populations of the world are all threatened by islamic radicals. They have no country and we should be careful and protect our country. you seem to have a problem with that.

August 10, 1988

way to shit on the veterans of this land. you're really one dumb fk libturd for sure.

August 10, 1988

Silly far left drones..
weren't they catholics? just saying.

We treated our loyal Japanese citizens like they were fanatical suicide bombers and imprisoned 100,000 out of fear

And we turned them loose after the war. None of them were executed or starved. So they fared pretty well.

Actually, history has shown that they weren't a security risk

They lost all their property and possessions when they were rounded up....was that OK with you?

August 10, 1988

Silly far left drones..
Ever read a little book called "The Illustrious Dunderheads", a compilation of mostly Republican speeches in Congress supporting Hitler and Mussolini and declaring that Japan would never attack the U.S.?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VV3ME8/?tag=ff0d01-20 You can't pretend it doesn't exist...those speeches are from the Congressional Record.

Actually, history has shown that they weren't a security risk

They lost all their property and possessions when they were rounded up....was that OK with you?
Oddly, they were rounded up on the West Coast but NOT in Hawaii. There was a powerful contingent in CA, WA, and OR looking to grab their property.

Forum List

Back