Oopsies: If MAGA Republicans Are So Bad, Why Are Dems Funding Them?

Only 2 choices? Were those the only choices you had when Limbaugh pulled his Operation Chaos stunt? What about
3. Finally starting to use ome of your tactics against you.

Was Rush Limbaugh president? Did he give an entire speech calling half the nation Extremists fascists threatening democracy? So yes, it's been a tactic in the past that parties will support less-adept candidates on the other side. When is the LAST TIME though that a sitting president said those candidate were fascist extremists threatening democracy?

So not even close to the same, and I won't address this again.

Duh. You act like this is something new for either of our major parties.

I do miss the reasonable, normal Sue. Too bad you have been broken beyond repair.

First, that's a lie.

Second, I do not care what you think.

Again it boils down to two choices then:

1. You don't really believe these MAGA candidates are Nazi extremists OR

2. You have no conscience and do not care, as long as your interests are furthered
What's ironic, Sue is that same strategy got liberals Trump in the first place! The Main Stream Media pushed Trump hard before the GOP primary assuming that Hillary would have the easiest time running against him rather than people like Jeb Bush. So they got their "dream" matchup but to their horror, Trump won! The reaction from the Main Stream Media on election night was shock and I think chagrin because they KNEW that they were responsible for Trump being President!

Oh, don't be surprised. MAGA media doesn't explain stuff this obvious to them, and they certainly can't figure it out for themselves.

It's wrong, though. I get why they're doing it and they might succeed in the short run, but they're just feeding into the toxic cynicism that voters have toward the system. There are going to be national emergencies in the not-too-distant future, and when a democracy is confronted with an emergency, cynicism is dangerous.

Yeah, yeah, I know...about 30-40% of the country's already there. Again, I get it, but Biden's approach coming into office was the right one: let's calmly walk all this back. He and the Dems now are, in some cases, getting into the same quicksand.

What's ironic, Sue is that same strategy got liberals Trump in the first place! The Main Stream Media pushed Trump hard before the GOP primary assuming that Hillary would have the easiest time running against him rather than people like Jeb Bush. So they got their "dream" matchup but to their horror, Trump won! The reaction from the Main Stream Media on election night was shock and I think chagrin because they KNEW that they were responsible for Trump being President!

Right.

And it's a fine strategy if you're just looking at a range of candidates and saying "this one seems unelectable. Let's support him with our money."

But as soon as you rattle on about one who is a fascist extremists Nazi who threatens democracy, why would you support that one? It's then a matter of conscience. Unless again, you either don't really believe it or you have no conscience.

Notice no one can really address this. They know it's true.

You would not know logic if it came up and bit you on the ass.

Interesting to know this was not your own view, but that it was given to you by Raddatz or someone else.

The answer is simple, it is called wining at all cost politics. IT has been going on longer than you or I have been alive and yet you are either ignorant of history or your just do not care about appearing to be honest any longer.
I have no problem with the strategy, GG! My only issue is Democrats ranting about how "extreme" conservatives are when it's THEM that have conspired to knock out the more moderate GOP candidates! Know what I mean?

So you have no answer. Right. Because there is no good answer.

Your masters either don't really believe the opposition is that terrible

OR

They do not care, as long as they acquire power.

Hope you're proud.
And I once thought you weren't just another of the MAGA idiots. Oh well.

I have no problem with the strategy, GG! My only issue is Democrats ranting about how "extreme" conservatives are when it's THEM that have conspired to knock out the more moderate GOP candidates! Know what I mean?

I do. for the past 30 years both parties have been doing all in their power to divide the nation to ensure they stay in power. This is just one more step in that process. Moderates are a danger to the parties and thus both sides are doing all they can to purge their own as well as to make sure the other side does not elect them.

I don't agree with it but it is politically smart...

It pays back in two ways for Democrats politically:
  1. They are taking on usually weaker candidates with more baggage and more extreme views
  2. Even if they loose they are milestone over the heads of Mitch and McCarthy. MTG while popular with the base is also great fund raising fodder for the Democrats

No. 2 can't be underestimated. AOC raises money for the Republicans as well, but she carries her own weight... Ilhan Omar is a constant source of fund raising on the right and the Democrats tried to silently put her to the side, it was a local effort...

Right.

And it's a fine strategy if you're just looking at a range of candidates and saying "this one seems unelectable. Let's support him with our money."

But as soon as you rattle on about one who is a fascist extremists Nazi who threatens democracy, why would you support that one? It's then a matter of conscience. Unless again, you either don't really believe it or you have no conscience.

Notice no one can really address this. They know it's true.
It's what you do when you can't run on your real agenda, Sue! Despite a compliant Main Stream Media the public isn't buying into Progressive policies anymore because it's quite obvious they don't work! So if you're a Progressive what do you do? You don't run on YOUR agenda...you run on how "evil" the other side is and you try to make them as extreme as you can...hence spending millions to knock out moderates in primary races. It's a smart strategy for Democrats but it reveals them for what they are.

I do. for the past 30 years both parties have been doing all in their power to divide the nation to ensure they stay in power. This is just one more step in that process. Moderates are a danger to the parties and thus both sides are doing all they can to purge their own as well as to make sure the other side does not elect them.
Do you support that effort? It's quite obvious that moderates are the answer to the problem. It's also obvious we need to change some of the election laws around the country that let people "cross over" to vote! Let's get back to having Republicans picking GOP candidates, Democrats picking Democratic candidates and the overall voters picking the eventual winner. We might actually get the best people in office that way! What a concept! (eye roll)

Why? The reason is extremely simple. So simple I am surprised the question need be asked. Because they are betting that the Trump association, the endorsement, is toxic. So toxic it will lead to them losing. I can't say they're wrong. I know that I will not vote for a Trump fluffer, which means I will be voting for a third party, a write-in, or... a Democrat. <shiver>

Democrats are hoping Republicans choke on MAGA

Republicans are unwilling to deal with their extremists
Let the voters

Was Rush Limbaugh president? Did he give an entire speech calling half the nation Extremists fascists threatening democracy? So yes, it's been a tactic in the past that parties will support less-adept candidates on the other side. When is the LAST TIME though that a sitting president said those candidate were fascist extremists threatening democracy?

So not even close to the same, and I won't address this again.
Trump was president when he did it.

It's what you do when you can't run on your real agenda, Sue! Despite a compliant Main Stream Media the public isn't buying into Progressive policies anymore because it's quite obvious they don't work! So if you're a Progressive what do you do? You don't run on YOUR agenda...you run on how "evil" the other side is and you try to make them as extreme as you can...hence spending millions to knock out moderates in primary races. It's a smart strategy for Democrats but it reveals them for what they are.

I was with you right up until "real smart strategy".

It's not that smart. You see in this thread the corner it's painted them in.

Forum List

Back