Oopsies: If MAGA Republicans Are So Bad, Why Are Dems Funding Them?

Democrats are hoping Republicans choke on MAGA

Republicans are unwilling to deal with their extremists
Let the voters

Your party is supporting those extremists with their money. Again this is either because:

1. They don't really believe they are fascist Nazi extremists who threaten democracy OR

2. They do, but don't care as long as their power is advanced.

Which is it?

Why? The reason is extremely simple. So simple I am surprised the question need be asked. Because they are betting that the Trump association, the endorsement, is toxic. So toxic it will lead to them losing. I can't say they're wrong. I know that I will not vote for a Trump fluffer, which means I will be voting for a third party, a write-in, or... a Democrat. <shiver>
/-----/ Voting third party is like a feckless Congressman or Senator voting PRESENT. Complete waste.

I do. for the past 30 years both parties have been doing all in their power to divide the nation to ensure they stay in power. This is just one more step in that process. Moderates are a danger to the parties and thus both sides are doing all they can to purge their own as well as to make sure the other side does not elect them.
The biggest threat to two party government is ranked choice voting... Look at Alaska, the ended up with a moderate candidate over the more extreme Palin..

Ranked Choice isn't the best system but it is far better than the present version.. It allows people to vote who they want not against who they fear... It is far more positive..

It is more democratic in nature.

I would refine it to STV (Single Transferable Vote ) and PR (Proportional Representation) for multiseat districts and US divisive politics could heal within a generation and have very noticeable improvements in a few cycles.. IT would create more parties with better representation for people... e.g. socially conservative economically liberal, Socially liberal economically conservative, Greens, Libertarians,...

This offers far more choice to voters and the parties would less big tent but tighter with a mandate to negotiate with other parties. Dealmakers do well.

If MAGA Republicans are the absolute scourge Biden thinks they are, why are Democrats funding them? Huh.

If making America great is such a horrible thing, what do Democrat want to make America?

Make America small?

Make America minor?

Make America insignificant?

Make American ordinary?

Make America paltry?

Make America substandard?

Make America inconsequential?

Make America lesser, half-assed, middling, inadequate, mediocre, or dissatisfactory?

Do you support that effort?

I do not. I do not support either major party for this very reason. They do all this to ensure a 3rd party can never threaten their power again.

It's also obvious we need to change some of the election laws around the country that let people "cross over" to vote! Let's get back to having Republicans picking GOP candidates, Democrats picking Democratic candidates and the overall voters picking the eventual winner. We might actually get the best people in office that way! What a concept! (eye roll)

There is no way to do this unless you restrict who people can vote for on election day.

Your party is supporting those extremists with their money. Again this is either because:

1. They don't really believe they are fascist Nazi extremists who threaten democracy OR

Which is it?
No comment on Trump calling Democrats fascist?

I don't agree with it but it is politically smart...

It pays back in two ways for Democrats politically:
  1. They are taking on usually weaker candidates with more baggage and more extreme views
  2. Even if they loose they are milestone over the heads of Mitch and McCarthy. MTG while popular with the base is also great fund raising fodder for the Democrats

No. 2 can't be underestimated. AOC raises money for the Republicans as well, but she carries her own weight... Ilhan Omar is a constant source of fund raising on the right and the Democrats tried to silently put her to the side, it was a local effort...

It exposes the Democrats entirely. Especially once you have your Party Leader--the president--give a speech like he did Thurs. Yes, you can do all of the above covertly and it works, as it has for years. Once you go all in like Thurs night, you cannot THEN support candidates that you just called fascist Nazi extremists threateners of democracy without having Martha Raddatz (!) of ABC questioning your motives or your beliefs, or both.

Thursday night was a huge, huge mistake.

No one deserves it more.

The biggest threat to two party government is ranked choice voting... Look at Alaska, the ended up with a moderate candidate over the more extreme Palin..

Ranked Choice isn't the best system but it is far better than the present version.. It allows people to vote who they want not against who they fear... It is far more positive..

I agree with this, also I would add in getting more states to get rid of the "winner take all" system for EC votes and go more like Maine and Nebraska.

Which is it?
You act as though you think they wanted those extremist MAGArats not win.

They didn’t. They thought they would be easier to beat

But didn't your president just say they are Nazi fascist extremists who threaten democracy?
No, he said semi fascism...

But what do you expect, Trump Supporters believe:
  1. He won the election without proof
  2. Had a violent riot that delayed and almost stopped the ratifying an election
  3. It has been shown that Trump has broken many laws and his supporters threaten violence if he is arrested.
Factually Biden is correct... Trump Supporters feel offended but if you support fascist actions then you are going to be called a fascist.

Saying that there is a lot of Republicans that want nothing to do with violence and accept the election. They believe no one is above the law....

It exposes the Democrats entirely. Especially once you have your Party Leader--the president--give a speech like he did Thurs. Yes, you can do all of the above covertly and it works, as it has for years. Once you go all in like Thurs night, you cannot THEN support candidates that you just called fascist Nazi extremists threateners of democracy without having Martha Raddatz (!) of ABC questioning your motives or your beliefs, or both.

Thursday night was a huge, huge mistake.

No one deserves it more.
I'm sure the Proud Boys and all the other MAGAs will agree with you. Sane people, not so much.

You act as though you think they wanted those extremist MAGArats not win.

They didn’t. They thought they would be easier to beat

A fine strategy.

Until you have your Party Leader go in front of the nation, in an official speech, and call them Nazi fascists extremists who threaten democracy.

Then you have sensible people asking, "They why are you supporting them with your party's money?"

Because if you have a conscience and care about the nation, you would not support fascist extremist nazis who threaten democracy just to advance your power.

Because that's disgusting. And everyone can see it.

No, I'm not going to go off-topic to take the heat off the Democrats' contradiction. This thread is not about Trump. Start your own thread
Off topic my ass. If that remark was that reprehensable, it was equally reprehensable when trump did it. Coward.

No, he said semi fascism...

But what do you expect, Trump Supporters believe:
  1. He won the election without proof
  2. Had a violent riot that delayed and almost stopped the ratifying an election
  3. It has been shown that Trump has broken many laws and his supporters threaten violence if he is arrested.
Factually Biden is correct... Trump Supporters feel offended but if you support fascist actions then you are going to be called a fascist.

Saying that there is a lot of Republicans that want nothing to do with violence and accept the election. They believe no one is above the law....

Believing all this to be true, why are DEMOCRATS supporting these candidates with their money?

Your answer:

I'm sure the Proud Boys and all the other MAGAs will agree with you. Sane people, not so much.

Do you give $$$ to the DNC? If so, you are supporting "Proud Boy" candidates. Is that okay to advance your power? Or not?

Your answer:

Which is it?
How do you attack MAGA extremists?

Put the spotlight on them

Forum List

Back