Open Minded Agnostic Atheist

You can't be an agnostic atheist.

I would say you are an agnostic secularist

• Atheist - There is no god.
  • Nihilistic - Life has no meaning.
  • Secular - Lack of religion.
  • Agnostic - There may or may not be a god, but open to know more.
  • Gnostic - Belief that the God (or gods) we worship are in fact evil tricksters and that a secret knowledge is preventing us from the true God.
  • Animistic - Belief that all things contain spirits.
  • Deist - There is a God who created life, but just watches and does not intervene.
  • Theist - Belief in a higher power and at least one god.
  • Polytheist - Belief in more than one god.
  • Monotheist -believing in a single God - ie. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
  • Apostate - A person who leaves a religion.
  • Misotheist - A person that hates God or the Gods.
  • Dustheism - Belief that God or the Gods are not totally good.
  • Macioism - Belief that God is a Demiurge and wrathful, malicious evil creator. Similar to Gnostic.
  • Euthesim - Belief in a totally good God.
What do you mean life has meaning? What is the meaning? What is our purpose? I think we could master the universe if we weren’t so primitive. Still warring with each other rather than working as one planet to get to mars and mine the meteor belt. Then build a ship the size of a planet that can also survive interstellar travel. Then we might have a purpose.

If we stay on this Rock eventually we will die of some natural cause. The planet will still have other creatures who survive this mass global extinction but even they too will die when the water goes or the sun burns out. If we go with the planet, what was our purpose?

We are a way for the universe to know itself. Amazing.

There is no purpose to life.

And if the universe is trying to know itself through humans it could do better since we only have an understanding of about 5% of it.
Sure there is... to become the best version of yourself and to pass it on. There's your meaning.

Simply put, evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state; a less complex state to a more complex state. Since the beginning of time matter has evolved and will continue to do so. Your purpose, your meaning in life is to evolve in consciousness and pass it on to the next generation.
That's your meaning.

You have no business telling my what mine is.
According to you, you don’t have one, right?

But according to Darwin the meaning of life is to pass down functional advantage to the next generation.
No not really

I know that what I do here while I'm alive will have little effect in the grand scheme of things.

And again that's Darwin and he has no more right to tell me what my purpose is than you do.

The human race has been here for but a blink in cosmological time and less than a minute in the earth's geological time.

We will be gone in but another few blinks of time as far as the cosmos is concerned.

Nothing anyone has ever done or will ever do will matter.
Yep, you're a nihilist alright. :lol:
As i said.
You have a fatalistic attitude, my friend.
I know.

Better a realist than some naive idealistic Pollyanna
No. A realist isn't a fatalist. A realist does not believe that life is without meaning. A realists accepts situations as they are and deals with them. Whereas a fatalist believes nothing matters (i.e. life is without meaning).

realist: a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.

fatalist: a person who believes all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable.

nihilist: a person who believes that life is meaningless.
I'm not a fatalist I do not think anything is predetermined. In fact I am just the opposite as I think events are totally random and chaotic.

And I can be a realist and a nihilist as the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

A realist is not able to say "everything is an illusion". Something has to produce this illusion. Cogito ergo sum.

In fact I do accept things the way they and deal with the way things are on a daily basis but in the really big picture I can also accept that those same things are meaningless

It's meaningless to say things are meaningless. Nothing what's real is unimportant. A minimal cause is able to produce a maximal effect. Example: A mutation of a virus starts a pandemic.

Where did I ever use the word "illusion"?

You used the word "nihilist" and a nihilist thinks everything is an illusion - that's why it is meaningless what we think and do.

And all that man does, feels, thinks or believes in the cosmic scope is meaningless.

So you are a nihilist - but not a realist. To be a realist excludes it to be a nihilist.

No a nihilist thinks life is meaningless.

You'll notice in the definition there is nothing about nihilism thinking life is an illusion.

So yes I can think life is meaningless and therefore be a nihilist and I can also be a realist and accept things the way they are

It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticismthat condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

The impulse to destroy is your interpretation.

I have no impulse to destroy anything. I do not condemn existence I just know that it the cosmic scope of things our lives are meaningless.

And yes I am an extreme cynic and pessimist. I would rather expect something bad to happen and be ready for it ( realist) than expect only good things to happen and then be sucker punched by the bad shit.

Good fortune is nothing but random luck just like tragedy is nothing but random bad luck.

There is no meaning in the good or bad that happens to anyone.

I disagree with one thing. There is Sometimes more to Good fortune than just luck. It also takes effort and talent.

Take for example my brother is a vp for a Fortune 500. He agrees luck played a part but he also worked very hard and was good at what he did.

But then there’s the person who just buys a lottery ticket and they become a millionaire.

• Gnostic - Belief that the God (or gods) we worship are in fact evil tricksters and that a secret knowledge is preventing us from the true God.
  • Deist - There is a God who created life, but just watches and does not intervene.
  • Macioism - Belief that God is a Demiurge and wrathful, malicious evil creator. Similar to Gnostic.
What do you mean life has meaning? What is the meaning? What is our purpose? I think we could master the universe if we weren’t so primitive. Still warring with each other rather than working as one planet to get to mars and mine the meteor belt. Then build a ship the size of a planet that can also survive interstellar travel. Then we might have a purpose.

If we stay on this Rock eventually we will die of some natural cause. The planet will still have other creatures who survive this mass global extinction but even they too will die when the water goes or the sun burns out. If we go with the planet, what was our purpose?

And if the universe is trying to know itself through humans it could do better since we only have an understanding of about 5% of it.
Sure there is... to become the best version of yourself and to pass it on. There's your meaning.

Simply put, evolution is when anything moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state; a less complex state to a more complex state. Since the beginning of time matter has evolved and will continue to do so. Your purpose, your meaning in life is to evolve in consciousness and pass it on to the next generation.
That's your meaning.

But according to Darwin the meaning of life is to pass down functional advantage to the next generation.
No not really

I know that what I do here while I'm alive will have little effect in the grand scheme of things.

And again that's Darwin and he has no more right to tell me what my purpose is than you do.

The human race has been here for but a blink in cosmological time and less than a minute in the earth's geological time.

We will be gone in but another few blinks of time as far as the cosmos is concerned.

As i said.
I know.

No. A realist isn't a fatalist. A realist does not believe that life is without meaning. A realists accepts situations as they are and deals with them. Whereas a fatalist believes nothing matters (i.e. life is without meaning).

realist: a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.

fatalist: a person who believes all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable.

I'm not a fatalist I do not think anything is predetermined. In fact I am just the opposite as I think events are totally random and chaotic.

A realist is not able to say "everything is an illusion". Something has to produce this illusion. Cogito ergo sum.

In fact I do accept things the way they and deal with the way things are on a daily basis but in the really big picture I can also accept that those same things are meaningless

It's meaningless to say things are meaningless. Nothing what's real is unimportant. A minimal cause is able to produce a maximal effect. Example: A mutation of a virus starts a pandemic.

You used the word "nihilist" and a nihilist thinks everything is an illusion - that's why it is meaningless what we think and do.

And all that man does, feels, thinks or believes in the cosmic scope is meaningless.

So you are a nihilist - but not a realist. To be a realist excludes it to be a nihilist.

You'll notice in the definition there is nothing about nihilism thinking life is an illusion.

So yes I can think life is meaningless and therefore be a nihilist and I can also be a realist and accept things the way they are

It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticismthat condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

I have no impulse to destroy anything. I do not condemn existence I just know that it the cosmic scope of things our lives are meaningless.

And yes I am an extreme cynic and pessimist. I would rather expect something bad to happen and be ready for it ( realist) than expect only good things to happen and then be sucker punched by the bad shit.

Good fortune is nothing but random luck just like tragedy is nothing but random bad luck.

I disagree with one thing. There is Sometimes more to Good fortune than just luck. It also takes effort and talent.

Take for example my brother is a vp for a Fortune 500. He agrees luck played a part but he also worked very hard and was good at what he did.

But then there’s the person who just buys a lottery ticket and they become a millionaire.

Oh, so you believe a cynic and a pessimist is a realist then?

Okay - You are just simple an atheist, who attacks Christians.
Why do you love this lie so much? It discredits you and makes you a laughingstock.
If Christians were blacks you would be accused of being a racist.
Blacks are Christians you racist. There are also black Jews.
Funny how you accuse others so easily while persecuting them at the same time. That's such a nazi tactic to blame the victims.

Hands up, bro. Don't shoot.
You sure know a lot about Nazi tactics.
That's from dealing with aggressive people like yourself who like to attack others that are different than them.
I’m not attacking you it’s that book in your hand. Just not buying it so don’t try to use it as evidence.

This isn’t attacking you or your god. I’m saying your god doesn exist. Deal with it.

That's your meaning.

No not really

As i said.
I know.

There’s probably a spectrum. One can be both?

Why do you love this lie so much? It discredits you and makes you a laughingstock.
Funny how you accuse others so easily while persecuting them at the same time. That's such a nazi tactic to blame the victims.

That's from dealing with aggressive people like yourself who like to attack others that are different than them.
I’m not attacking you it’s that book in your hand. Just not buying it so don’t try to use it as evidence.

This isn’t attacking you or your god. I’m saying your god doesn exist. Deal with it.
I'm not sure when I have ever used the book as evidence.

But if we want to talk about the book, why is it you read it like an idiot would read it.

Well you’re doing a horrible job. You say you don’t care that multiple people here think you’re a douche but I know better.

That's your meaning.

No not really

As i said.
I know.

Actually no. A realist is neither a pessimist or an optimist. Hence the phrase realist.

Do you even logic?

But if we want to talk about the book, why is it you read it like an idiot would read it.
There’s another personal attack. Dude, look in the mirror

Actually what you are attacking and rejecting is the Bible as you see it. Remember, books cannot be used as evidence--not even a science book.

That's your meaning.

No not really

As i said.
I know.

Actually no. A realist is neither a pessimist or an optimist. Hence the phrase realist.

Do you even logic?

I show characteristics of both.

im a real pessimist

Well you’re doing a horrible job. You say you don’t care that multiple people here think you’re a douche but I know better.
I wouldn't think aggressors like yourself would see it any other way. You literally have to rationalize your bad behaviors as good. Thus proving the existence of God. :lol:

That's your meaning.

No not really

As i said.
I know.

Do you even logic?

I show characteristics of both.

im a real pessimist

Holy shit, way to trash logic there, buckoo.

You sir, are no realist. You are an idealist; an ideologue.

I’m saying your god doesn exist.
And others testify that He is. There are three groups of us:

Those who have not seen and do not believe.
Those who have not seen but do believe.
Those who have seen and go beyond belief to knowing.

There’s another personal attack. Dude, look in the mirror
Did I call you an idiot? No.

Get your knee off my neck, bro. Hands up. Don't shoot.

Try keeping your trash off my lawn.
you replied a-hole, there are plenty more just the same as you.
Yes, honey, you addressed me so I replied as usual. Not those "plenty more just the same" thank goodness. That would just be weird. You're most welcome.
Oh, and thanks for finally addressing my question. So, reviewing and parsing,
flora does not have a CNS - irregardless its functioning properties physiology does not exist without a spiritual component and dissipates when that component is removed and is itself a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth.
English version: (plants don't have nerves)(no life does) "without a spirit"(all die.) "spirit" (is magical like life, however is a) "substance not native to planet Earth."
Fair enough.. Now, adding this fresh news!,
life is native to the universe as physiology proves by its abundance when the conditions for its development are available - and the metaphysical properties required for its existence are adhered to, the viability for physiology's spiritual component.
English attempt: (actually neither life nor spirit are) "native to planet Earth." (instead??? - both are) "native to the universe" (really??? are there any more options??? being native to Earth somehow excludes being from the universe and vice versa??? one requires the other along with some other locally acquired stuff and the existence of life) "proves by its abundance" (that all it well and) "spirit" (rules!)

Yeah, as incoherent and nonsensical as ever, but whatever floats your dinghy. To each their own. Whatever you need to believe to satisfy your personal mental requirements without harming others. I do have an alternative though. All you appear to think of as "spiritual" I just see as small facets of electrical activity that we have yet to flesh out because we've long abandoned consideration of the Aether, dielectrics, and related experimentation, replacing it all with stuff like "warped space" fantasy instead, mainly because Einstein. (was such a brilliant idiot). Peace. Cuppy-cake gumdrop snookum snookum sweetie-pie!
All you appear to think of as "spiritual" I just see as small facets of electrical activity that we have yet to flesh out because we've long abandoned consideration of ...
your problem g-nuts is your comprehension problem is global -

View attachment 346755

Flora has no electrical activity as pointed out earlier nor would its chemical composition correspond to Fauna leaving only a spiritual content for its physiological properties and its resilient identity the same as Fauna from its earliest cellular form.

evolution is the direct expression of the spiritual content of the associated physiology.
My comprehension is just fine. Yours is lacking but that's not your fault. You know nothing about the electricity I refer to because it's not taught in any school yet, far as I know. One must really work to find good sources on the web and related books, then spend years reading, deprogramming oneself (example - from thinking you have any clue about what "electricity" really is), watching videos, listening to podcasts, considering it all in one's spare time.. Also, many engaged are batshit nuts so distracting just as here, there, or anywhere. Noise to filter wherever one goes. That said, I'm far from the only one who understands most it it well enough now to pick the brains of those far more specialized and expert without embarrassing myself too badly.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone here to get it at all. I'm just rebutting your earlier accusation of having no alternative theory. I most certainly do. One that ties all in a bow with no supernatural intervention required. I don't expect you to believe me either. That would simply amount to an act of "FAITH." An all too common logical fallacy > Appeal to authority.. :hands: :nono:

I certainly don't expect you or anyone here to get it at all. I'm just rebutting your earlier accusation of having no alternative theory. I most certainly do. One that ties all in a bow with no supernatural intervention required.
that never occurred only an inquiry as to what that may have been - it is you who ridicules physiology as a metaphysical substance native to the universe established on planet Earth that requires a spiritual content to exist both of which are subject to "deterministic" metaphysical forces, the religion of antiquity.

You know nothing about the electricity I refer to because it's not taught in any school yet, far as I know.
give it a shot, that is not atheism.

Even Micky Mouse and Donald Duck are more serios characters than you are. Why do you anti-speak about this all, although you don't have only a little idea about? No one forces you to be a Christian. So why is the faith of Christians your enemy? Why this senseless war of words? ...
Though predictably stupid and ironic, you do manage to introduce some neglected matter for discussion.. such as:
(resulting from their stated choice of affiliation here)
Who generally gets victimized by whom?
Who generally benefits most business-wise, socially, financially?
Who explicitly sends their members out to enlist more?

Last edited:
But then the earth had to go through millions of years where trilobites ruled. Then eventually dinosaurs. And did God send the meteor to wipe out the dinosaur to make way for us. Then we were more like a rodent for millions of years then eventually we were monkey like and eventually what we are today.
You forgot the eons we spent as some sort of fish and/or amphibian. (Which is what my Catholic grandmother taught us.)
My mom and grandmother were cool christians like that too.

Seems you survived their education. Who saved you from their inhuman bestialic influence?

Even Micky Mouse and Donald Duck are more serios characters than you are. Why do you anti-speak about this all, although you don't have only a little idea about? No one forces you to be a Christian. So why is the faith of Christians your enemy? Why this senseless war of words? ...
Though predictably stupid and ironic, you do manage to introduce some neglected matter for discussion.. such as:
(resulting from their stated choice of affiliation here)
Who generally gets victimized by whom?
Who generally benefits most business-wise, socially, financially?
Who explicitly sends their members out try TO enlist more?

Do have anything to say? Then say it.

sealybobo

I still wait for an answer to this question:

So you believe God might be real but all religions and every spirituality is always only unreal. Why is atheism not unreal? Atheism is also only a belief, if god might exist.

Atheism is also only a belief, if god might exist.
Zzzz..
One more time.. Atheism is lack of belief.. doesn't logically rule out gods possibly existing.. nor life on Pluto.. anything.. not a belief other than perhaps that one's profound lack of shareable evidence yields nothing to crow about.. nor exclude people.. discriminate against them.. claim special privileges.. take tax breaks.. etc.. etc..

Forum List

Back