Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

Mr Ryan needs it pointed out to him that the most impoverished areas of the country are southern rural areas.

Bottom poorest states:

40Tennessee
41South Carolina
42Arizona
43West Virginia
44Oklahoma
45Arkansas
46Texas
47Alabama
48New Mexico
49Louisiana
50Mississippi

That's absolutely true. But, living here in Miss, I'm of the opinion that it is easier for a kid (white or black or whatever) to escape poverty if he's from a rural area, as opposed to the inner city of Jackson or one of the more or less balkanized ghettos on the Gulf Coast (though they may have been washed away by Katrina, I don't go down there much since the strom)

So, I give Ryan a pass for at least meaning well.

Competition is brutal in places with high income like CT. Segregation is also very destructive.

I think we need to talk about these issues but Ryan should either know better or he does know better and race bated anyway.

Perhaps, CC, you should stop playing the race card. It's old. When you have no arguments to make, you just make a thread calling someone racist. How very unimaginative.

You're right I'll try to have more imagination like your post

I can't help but laugh at that sorry excuse for a comeback. And while I'm laughing, have a look at what a real racist Democrat looks like:

Democrat: I don?t like Clarence Thomas because ?he?s married to a white woman? « The Greenroom

Alvin Holmes: "I don't like Clarence Thomas because he's married to a white woman."

:eusa_hand:

the facts are your fucking party cant get many of these votes huh?

That's what happens with the culture that's been established in the inner cities. Democrats have spent decades destroying the school systems there and hitting them with propaganda. And There are alot of dumb Republicans helping them out.

All Americans would be far better off without the government running our lives. But we can't even convince a whole political party to support that agenda.

oh good you said something retarded and we can ignore you

Generally people who are in poverty are that way because of circumstance.

"Circumstance" is kind of broad. What exactly do you mean?

"Broadly" speaking.

Generally people are born into poverty. And many stay there.

Same with wealth.

Sure, just ask these guys:

1970589_653925091310207_134020630_n.jpg

Ryan callled it a 'real problem that has to be dealt with'.

Okay, so how are you going to deal with it?

...cut 'inner city' residents off government assistance, so they'll have to go find jobs that don't exist?

poverty is poverty and blaming black people for being poor and excusong white poverty as just a poverty problem is horseshit

I blame poor people for being poor. It doesn't matter what color their skin is, moron. Anyone who works steadily, doesn't have children out of wedlock and stays married will not be poor. Poverty is the result of personal choices. It's as simple as that.

No it's not.

Of course it is. Nothing could be more obvious. They guy who decides to drink all night on a weekend rather than go to bed at a decent hour has made a personal choice that leads directly to failure and a lower income.

I just gave a solution, I notice you ignored that.

It's a "non" solution.

It's one that makes no sense either.

Generally people who are in poverty are that way because of circumstance.

And the way to deal with that is to change the circumstance is some very meaningful way.

Whether that be through education and/or other forms assistance.

In some cases, where there are disabilities, our society should be able and willing to provide a baseline in terms of what is needed to live.

I don't really get the problem with that.

The majority of people really do want to work and contribute.

the majority want to work; unfortunately the Left panders much to the few that dont; and portrays them as the willing others.

Get real.

The "left" doesn't "pander" to anyone.

They advocate for people with no voice.

In this country there is zero reason for anyone to be homeless, hungry or warehoused.

No one is worthless.

I blame poor people for being poor. It doesn't matter what color their skin is, moron. Anyone who works steadily, doesn't have children out of wedlock and stays married will not be poor. Poverty is the result of personal choices. It's as simple as that.

No it's not.

Of course it is. Nothing could be more obvious. They guy who decides to drink all night on a weekend rather than go to bed at a decent hour has made a personal choice that leads directly to failure and a lower income.

What personal choice did anyone make to be born into slavery?

What personal choice did anyone make to be born in a ghetto?

What personal choice did anyone make to be born with a disability?

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Actually, it's good job, Dems. The underclass of dependents you've created has resulted in some disturbing facts, such as high crime rates in poor neighborhoods, single parents, higher crime among minorities and grossly high unemployment rates in inner cities.

The statistics suck. They need to be addressed, not ignored because it's not politically correct to talk about it. Things will continue to get worse for many in poverty because they are waiting for government to act. Sadly, we'll have another 50 years of people waiting because the government never has and never will have the answers.

Someone needs to start communicating with people and that starts with telling the truth about how bad the situation is in the inner cities, and that goes for all who live there, not just minorities. The schools suck, the crime is high, unemployment is more common than working and quickly frankly, no one in their right mind would walk down a street at night in some of those neighborhoods. That is what the people who live there say and I'll take their word for it.

Instead of pretending that the sad state of some neighborhoods is just a myth perpetuated by the right, why not start educating people and in some cases bring down some tough love and ultimatums? Maybe if the millions spent through the education bills that get passed would actually help students instead of shoring up teacher's unions, maybe more students would stay in school. If they realize that the choices they are making will mold their future, maybe teen pregnancies, drug use and other crime would decrease as people realize they will face hardships since government will never really bail them out. They need to understand that all the promises made by liberals isn't going to end their poverty or improve their lives. It will keep them in the same place forever.

When young "knuckleheads", as Michelle called them, think their only choice for survival is to join the neighborhood gang or that the only way to make money is crime and all that is a normal part of life where they grow up, how in the hell does anyone expect them to think about their future and plan for it? The liberal answer is to shut up and not dare point out the statistics. Look where that has gotten people. Time for a new approach and Ryan is on the right track.

You have to admit there is a problem before you can start tackling it.

Ryan callled it a 'real problem that has to be dealt with'.

Okay, so how are you going to deal with it?

...cut 'inner city' residents off government assistance, so they'll have to go find jobs that don't exist?

That's what Ryan says. My view is that solving social problems is none of the government's business. That's for private organizations to resolve.

Forum List

Back