Pelosi puts the blame where it belongs

As a Californian it is my duty to join the NRA. I proudly did so today. I urge my fellow Californians to do the same.

]
I think the gvt should allow personal sale sellers do the check for free or make the buyer pay for it...? It should be part of the actual legislation.
You want gun owners to pay a private company for permission to enjoy the Bill of Rights?

Brilliant, Einstein....

How about we set up a private company and allow the MSM to pay for a license to report the news? You OK with that?
gun shop owners have to, why wouldn't you?
So should everyone that sells a used car be required by the government to do a full 50 point inspection of the car before they sell it like a car lot has to, to make sure the like the brakes don't go out and someone gets killed?

Where does your slippery slope end?

they WERE a constitutional seeking group that promoted gun safety.

they became a corrupt gun manufacturing lobby group.... that has used their good minded member's money in corrupt and crooked ways for $5000 dollars suits and Caribbean vacations and 20,000 square foot mansions, and make up artists...
Yea they have their problems.
You think other groups dont have their problems?
Doesnt change the fact they protect some of our constitutional rights.
Corruption happens when things get big.
Like our govt. Which you support.
Be disingenuous some more. I can do this all day.
the constitution itself, is what protects our gun rights... the NRA will be long dead and gone some day, but the constitution will still be there, doing the job it was meant to do.

not in to playing your ''what about so and so game''.... mommy, mommy, Willie did it too bull crud.... play with someone else....
Oh please.
Hey, how many gun laws are constitutional? Going by what the constitution says, not the activist court.
Let's settle your bullshit right now
And how has the NRA saved you?

They have saved a lot of people. They pushed CCW's in states that were reluctant to have them. Think of how many lives were saved by armed citizens in this country.
I have no idea how many lives have been saved by gun owners, likely a good number when all states are added up....

But I don't think any of those good gun owners would be denied a gun in a background check....?

They are part of the 90% or so of Americans that support universal background checks....
it's the logistics of how to do it that OKTex mentioned, that seems like it would be the nightmare to me....

According you your source (and others) it only states he bought the gun in a private sale. That could mean a lot of things given nobody has identified this private seller or his (or her) relationship to this guy.

A privarte sale may include a stolen firearm. It may include a family member. It may have been a straw buyer who of course, would never have done any background check.

Until we find out who the seller was and how the gun was purchased, it's more media manipulation.

Are you going to give me access to NICS at no charge?
What would the charge /price be for a background check, do you know?

Since no law has passed, no one knows, an FFL isn't going to do it for free and no law has proposed giving citizens access to NICS at no charge. How convenient it is that you ignored the rest of the post.

I think the gvt should allow personal sale sellers do the check for free or make the buyer pay for it...? It should be part of the actual legislation.

If anyone has to pay you're placing further burdens on the law abiding you can't place on criminals without violating their constitutional rights. And I'll ask you the same question I asked the other commie, how are you going to enforce checks on private sales? You don't know who has guns of if they sell them.

when you buy a gun from a gun shop, you are paying... in the price of the gun, for what the shop owner had to pay for the background check.... it's incorporated in to the retail mark up.... and that has not been shot down as unconstitutional..... as infringing on our rights?

As far as your question that you asked the ''other commie'' :rolleyes:

I don't know? What are your thoughts on how this could be done?

Wrong again commie, NICS if free for FFLs.

My thoughts, you can't, not under current law.

]
You want gun owners to pay a private company for permission to enjoy the Bill of Rights?

Brilliant, Einstein....

How about we set up a private company and allow the MSM to pay for a license to report the news? You OK with that?
So should everyone that sells a used car be required by the government to do a full 50 point inspection of the car before they sell it like a car lot has to, to make sure the like the brakes don't go out and someone gets killed?

But why even bother forcing gun shops to do a B/Ground check on buyers before they sell to them, when private owners don't have to...?? seems like a huge gaping loophole that essentially nullifies what gun shop owners are forced, by law, to do?

Yea they have their problems.
You think other groups dont have their problems?
Doesnt change the fact they protect some of our constitutional rights.
Corruption happens when things get big.
Like our govt. Which you support.
Be disingenuous some more. I can do this all day.
the constitution itself, is what protects our gun rights... the NRA will be long dead and gone some day, but the constitution will still be there, doing the job it was meant to do.

not in to playing your ''what about so and so game''.... mommy, mommy, Willie did it too bull crud.... play with someone else....
Oh please.
Hey, how many gun laws are constitutional? Going by what the constitution says, not the activist court.
Let's settle your bullshit right now
And how has the NRA saved you?

They have saved a lot of people. They pushed CCW's in states that were reluctant to have them. Think of how many lives were saved by armed citizens in this country.
I have no idea how many lives have been saved by gun owners, likely a good number when all states are added up....

But I don't think any of those good gun owners would be denied a gun in a background check....?

They are part of the 90% or so of Americans that support universal background checks....
it's the logistics of how to do it that OKTex mentioned, that seems like it would be the nightmare to me....

It's estimated that between a half-million and a million Americans use their firearms to protect themselves or others every year. Most don't involve a shooting at all. The mere sight of a firearm is enough to settle whatever problems were taking place.

Now as for this 90% figure, one has to ask how informed the respondents were, and do they understand what a universal background check involves?

For instance, pollsters ask Americans if they would like to have cleaner air and cleaner water? Well duh, who is going to say no to that question? Presented honestly, would you like to have cleaner air and water if it cost you about $700.00 a year more? Now you get a totally different poll result.

Last edited:
]

Brilliant, Einstein....

But why even bother forcing gun shops to do a B/Ground check on buyers before they sell to them, when private owners don't have to...?? seems like a huge gaping loophole that essentially nullifies what gun shop owners are forced, by law, to do?
You completely avoided my point? The second amendment doesn't say private citizens need run checks on individuals they sell a gun to?

Answer me this... who the hell would enforce that? HOW would they enforce that?

The NRA is no where near strict enough.
If a true constitutionalist gun group gets the spotlight, you bedwetters will move on to shitting yourselves.

The NRA is already in disagreement with gun measures such as universal background checks that already have 80-90% approval.

Tell ya what commie, when you can legally require are criminal to do a background check when he sells a stolen gun to another criminal, then and only then will I discuss more background checks for the law abiding.

But how did the criminal get his gun? Originally from someone who bought it legally, no?? A personal sale perhaps, with no background check needed on him? ...from another person who bought it in a personal sale or gun shop sale, to sell to him in a personal sale?

it seems like common sense to require gun sellers, to do a background check on who they are selling the gun to, unless it is immediate family, perhaps....?

Will it end gun violence? Heck no! But it will stop some of it.... make it a little harder for guns to make it to this gun black market, where guns are a dime a dozen...
How about all the guns stolen during robberies? How about guns brought in from over the border or overseas? Do you really think that the only guns in the world are those sold in the U.S.? I mean seriously?

]

Brilliant, Einstein....

You completely avoided my point? The second amendment doesn't say private citizens need run checks on individuals they sell a gun to?

That's not even the real concern here.

The real concern is what might happen if Democrats gain power of the federal government again. In other words, what will they expand the criteria to in order to purchase a weapon?

DumBama made it illegal for anybody on Social Security that can't make out their own bills from buying a firearm. Trump rescinded the idiotic order, but the question is, how many old people on SS were buying guns and killing people with them?

So this is what I fear, because Democrats have proven repeatedly they cannot be trusted. They have a goal in mind, and take incremental steps to achieving that goal, which of course in this case, make it virtually impossible for any American to own a firearm.

If a true constitutionalist gun group gets the spotlight, you bedwetters will move on to shitting yourselves.

The NRA is already in disagreement with gun measures such as universal background checks that already have 80-90% approval.

Tell ya what commie, when you can legally require are criminal to do a background check when he sells a stolen gun to another criminal, then and only then will I discuss more background checks for the law abiding.

But how did the criminal get his gun? Originally from someone who bought it legally, no?? A personal sale perhaps, with no background check needed on him? ...from another person who bought it in a personal sale or gun shop sale, to sell to him in a personal sale?

it seems like common sense to require gun sellers, to do a background check on who they are selling the gun to, unless it is immediate family, perhaps....?

Will it end gun violence? Heck no! But it will stop some of it.... make it a little harder for guns to make it to this gun black market, where guns are a dime a dozen...
How about all the guns stolen during robberies? How about guns brought in from over the border or overseas? Do you really think that the only guns in the world are those sold in the U.S.? I mean seriously?

Democrats know this bill won't solve many problems. It's just one small step towards total gun confiscation.

522-0125053804-Gg.jpg

My buddy calls the N.egotating R.ights A.way. :71:

Democrats know this bill won't solve many problems. It's just one small step towards total gun confiscation.

View attachment 278771
ty! an informative chart!

But my question would be, how do the guns get to the black market? Who is supplying them? same with the illegal category?

Brilliant, Einstein....

That's not even the real concern here.

The real concern is what might happen if Democrats gain power of the federal government again. In other words, what will they expand the criteria to in order to purchase a weapon?

DumBama made it illegal for anybody on Social Security that can't make out their own bills from buying a firearm. Trump rescinded the idiotic order, but the question is, how many old people on SS were buying guns and killing people with them?

So this is what I fear, because Democrats have proven repeatedly they cannot be trusted. They have a goal in mind, and take incremental steps to achieving that goal, which of course in this case, make it virtually impossible for any American to own a firearm.
I get that completely, because it's no secret the democrats want to BAN ALL FIREARMS, PERIOD, END OF STORY... a FULL CONFISCATION, and they're happy to get ANY baby step they can to get closer to that, and what BETTER way to do that than require ALL gun sales have a background check.

View attachment 278771

But my question would be, how do the guns get to the black market? Who is supplying them? same with the illegal category?
Ask Obama and Holder. They put a few hundred thousand on the black market.

View attachment 278771

There are a lot of gun shop thefts, home thefts where the robber gets the guns, and even guns imported from illegals sources outside of the country.

In my city I have read several reports where some dope leaves his or her gun in the car, and when it's broken into, the gun of course is gone.

But more to the point is that Democrats know these laws they propose won't come close to solving any problems. They are using it as a stepping stone. This is why I suggested that Republicans go along with their idea provided they sign a Contract with America that states they will never bring up the gun issue again if we agree to go along with this one.

The Democrats would never entertain such a proposal because even they know this law is only one of many they plan on for the future.

Forum List

Back