🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

Trump reply...."GFY".....

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.

Trump loves spectacle. It plays to his vanity to be seen as "presidential". She's just pulled the football out from under him.

Someone had the idea a while back of getting rid of the whole congressional address for the SOTU. Have a stage where the President can give a presentation with screens and multi media. Essentially what Tim Cook and Steve Jobs did when they launched the IPHONE.

I like the idea myself. I always thought it was sort of stupid to have a location that couldn’t house all of the people of the federal government.

I would take that idea further and send Congress home, they don't need to be congregated in DC, they can do all the vast majority of their business over the internet.

Not sure about that. Considering many are over 70, I don’t think they would do that well with technology.

Pelosi cannot cancel the state of the union. She's afraid that Trump will use this national stage to dump all over Democrats.

Nancy. Do the right thing. Fund the wall. Open the government.

House Speaker Pelosi is bitch slapping President Trump by trying to revoke his invitation to make his State of the Union Address in person and in front of Congress.

LOL Pelosi can't stop Trump from speaking in front of Congress, in fact he's required to by that dusty old Constitution that liberals hate.

AND she didn't even try to stop him, because she knows she can't, she asked him to delay it, which makes the OP a lie.

As I was pondering this letter, the thought crossed my mind that she doesn't want the POTUS to have the attention of the world as he focuses on the shutdown and the border. There will be constantly panning to her and the Dems reaction, and when he talks about a lack of border agents, the wall, technology, chain migration, the Lottery, etc, it will be a one sided attack.

Then there are the Angel Moms in the audience, maybe some border patrol members. Good people who've been getting the short end of the stick. Almost brings me to tears to think of how much they love their country while nobody listens to their challenges. Sad.

Sorry guys, walls work, We all love immigrants, many if not most of us had relatives from somewhere else, but they all came to our nations (well most of us I assume), legally. You have to control your sovereignty, it's a National Security risk

Oh, and I listened to most of the confirmation hearing yesterday with Barr, he gets it. He even weighed in on the subject of the border and National Security.

Are the Angel Moms from Sandy Hook going to be there. What about the Angel Moms from Parkland, The Pulse Nightclub, the Los Vegas Concert Shooting. Are all of the angel moms of the innocent and unarmed black children gunned down by the police, going to be there too?

How about the Angel Moms of all of the children who have died of opioid abuse after being prescribed prescription painkillers? Are those Angel Moms going to be in the audience too? What about the Gold Star parents of those killed in Afghanistan since Trump started focusing on the souther border?

There are real issues Trump is NOT addressing.

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.

Trump loves spectacle. It plays to his vanity to be seen as "presidential". She's just pulled the football out from under him.

Someone had the idea a while back of getting rid of the whole congressional address for the SOTU. Have a stage where the President can give a presentation with screens and multi media. Essentially what Tim Cook and Steve Jobs did when they launched the IPHONE.

I like the idea myself. I always thought it was sort of stupid to have a location that couldn’t house all of the people of the federal government.

I would take that idea further and send Congress home, they don't need to be congregated in DC, they can do all the vast majority of their business over the internet.

Not sure about that. Considering many are over 70, I don’t think they would do that well with technology.

That's true, but there's a solution for that.

ok

ok

Voting the old bastards out wouldn't be a solution for the problem you mentioned?

What is the average age of Congress , like 92?

Pelosi cannot cancel the state of the union. She's afraid that Trump will use this national stage to dump all over Democrats.

She can stop him from giving it in the House. He can open the government back up any time he wants to.

You haven't thought this through, have you? If Nance blocks Trump from giving the SOTU it will show the American people she is attempting to silence the POTUS. Is she afraid they might like what he will say? Afraid she might end up looking petty and partisan at the expense of the people? I hope she tries it.

Why should Trump cramp his pants over the SOTU address? He probably prefers a delay until the shutdown is resolved anyway.

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.
Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)
A lie...I posted the article yesterday and it’s illogical.

She can stop him from giving it in the House. He can open the government back up any time he wants to.
No she can't. Democrats can open the government by funding the wall. If Democrats didn't love MS-13 so much it would have been done by now.

Why should Trump cramp his pants over the SOTU address? He probably prefers a delay until the shutdown is resolved anyway.

I doubt he really cares about the speech, but he's not used to people telling him he can't do what he wants. This is her way of saying fuck you.

Except that you, and others, apparently can't even read basic English, Pelosi didn't cancel the SOTU, because she can't , The President decides when and if he will address Congress not the other way around, and oh yeah the COTUS REQUIRES the POTUS to address Congress each year.

I told you the Dem's would panic if Trump went on tv and told the American people Dem's have sided with illegals who kill Americans. Pelosi and Schumer are shitting themselves. They gambled Trump would fold, now they are in a world of shit.

Agree. This is getting good. Too bad he doesn't take advice from Mitch & Lindsay, he'd stand a better shot at winning. Nancy and Chuck don't care what happens to the country as long as they think they are winning with their base.

Getting good???

Idiot, this shutdown is contracting our economy by 0.1% GDP evey week (administration's own estimate)
A lie...I posted the article yesterday and it’s illogical.

"illogical"? wtf do you think you know that people that do professional budgeting don't??

Cmon guys, actually canceling the State of the Union, telling someone, and requesting someone sure sounds completely different.

No she can't. Democrats can open the government by funding the wall. If Democrats didn't love MS-13 so much it would have been done by now.

She already did.

Forum List

Back