🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pelosi Suggests Delaying State of the Union

She suggested he "mail it in" like has has his entire Presidency

Trump reply...."GFY".....

Not sure how true it is but the way I have always heard that it worked was that the Speaker has to invite the President as the ranking Congressional officer. So she could withdraw the invitation for what we know to be the STOU; that would be another stupid idea.

But the President isn’t in a position of saying GFY.

I do think the President could force the Congress to re-convene; not sure about the in-person address at the same time though.

Elect a clown, get a circus.

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.

Eh,

I dunno. I say cancel the state of the union. put the TSA agents on 4 day work weeks this week. 3 next, 2 the following. Same for NASA, the NSA, Homeland, the Military. As long as folks are calling this a shut down lets make it mean shut down.

He should not get into the 2020 debate details yet. He should declare a national emergency, fund the wall, then deliver a super State of the Union and leave presidentially.

Sounds awfully liberal to me.

She is worried about security. Her and Schumer should be worried. Open the government and there would be no worries. Since there was no date I wonder if she wrote it during her Hawaii vacation or her Purto Rico spring break.

***Mods, please move this to the appropriate “catch all forum” if necessary. I don’t know if you guys are still doing that or not****

In a letter, House Speaker Pelosi asked the President to re-consider the date for the SOTU.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.

Eh,

I dunno. I say cancel the state of the union. put the TSA agents on 4 day work weeks this week. 3 next, 2 the following. Same for NASA, the NSA, Homeland, the Military. As long as folks are calling this a shut down lets make it mean shut down.

no

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.
She knows he’s going to get up there and destroy them. The dems can’t stand up to the truth that they are holding up national security in favor of illegals. Trump brings angel families and dems bring illegal welfare cases. Dems lose that one.

As I was pondering this letter, the thought crossed my mind that she doesn't want the POTUS to have the attention of the world as he focuses on the shutdown and the border. There will be constantly panning to her and the Dems reaction, and when he talks about a lack of border agents, the wall, technology, chain migration, the Lottery, etc, it will be a one sided attack.

Then there are the Angel Moms in the audience, maybe some border patrol members. Good people who've been getting the short end of the stick. Almost brings me to tears to think of how much they love their country while nobody listens to their challenges. Sad.

Sorry guys, walls work, We all love immigrants, many if not most of us had relatives from somewhere else, but they all came to our nations (well most of us I assume), legally. You have to control your sovereignty, it's a National Security risk

Oh, and I listened to most of the confirmation hearing yesterday with Barr, he gets it. He even weighed in on the subject of the border and National Security.

View attachment 240444

Terrible idea.

Eh,

no

Your response is elegant.

Can we start using another term for the shutdown then?

Slavery for essential employee days?

Wind down?

Small government month?

We KNOW the State of the Union

SHUT DOWN
kleenex-truck.jpg

She is worried about security. Her and Schumer should be worried. Open the government and there would be no worries. Since there was no date I wonder if she wrote it during her Hawaii vacation or her Purto Rico spring break.
They can both stay at home and watch it on teevee...It's not as though their presence is of any real value in the first place.

Trump is just going to lie.

You think they should have fact checkers in real time?

I do.

National Emergency time. Build that wall. Open the government. This shutdown bullshit is out of time and needs to end
Trump is the only one who can open the government. No one else has the authority.

Trump reply...."GFY".....

The Speaker invites the President to the House for the State of the Union address. The Speaker is NOT inviting the President to a public televised event. There is no way she's going to give the orange shitstain is going to walk into HER House, and have a platform to speak to the nation, and in a grand spectacle.

Trump loves spectacle. It plays to his vanity to be seen as "presidential". She's just pulled the football out from under him.

Forum List

Back