Pence 2024 is sinking like the Titanic

R.32ba725b637eb193e9c597117ace9d0f

I seriously doubt that even if Pence tries to run he will get far. I believe that his display of fidelity to his oath was also a Profile in Political Courage. It seems like he had to be aware that he was effectively killing his own chances of a continuing political career. But he did what he felt he had to do anyway.

I seriously doubt that even if Pence tries to run he will get far. I believe that his display of fidelity to his oath was also a Profile in Political Courage. It seems like he had to be aware that he was effectively killing his own chances of a continuing political career. But he did what he felt he had to do anyway.

I think you're right. Loyalty to your country and doing the right thing should outweigh loyalty to Trump. Good to see Pence had the balls not to cave.

So what are Pence's chances after inserting his foot in his mouth in this recent speech?
---Mike Pence Slams Donald Trump Over the 2020 Election---

Mike, ever the good RINO, now the Left can add his TDS comments to their own and say: "SEE! Even Trump's VP denounces him!"

Attaboy, Mike. Takes a real ASS like you to help advance the left's agenda!

Hope you weren't counting on winning another office!

I think you're right. Loyalty to your country and doing the right thing should outweigh loyalty to Trump. Good to see Pence had the balls not to cave.
Devil’s advocate time:

Let’s assume (for just this little hypothetical) that Trump was right in assuming that the election outcome had been flipped illegally.

In that event, maybe it not only was within the Vice President Pence’s Constitutional authority to reject the certification, maybe it would be a duty.

As support for this speculation, let me ask a very related question: IF he had no such authority under the Constitutional provision, why is it even in the Constitution? In other words, if whatever gets submitted by the states to Congress is self-authenticating, then the extra step of “certification” is superfluous. Arguably, therefore, there is a logical basis to assume that maybe the Constitution did, implicitly, give the VP the authority to reject the States’ electoral submissions.

Pence "The Traitor".

Pence calculated wrongly that there was this springboard of political opportunity out there for him to jump on the Bash Trump Wagon and say: "Me too."

He calculated wrongly. All Pence really proved here is that if he could be so wrong before, then how does anyone know he won't be totally wrong again?!

Democrats NEVER admit they are wrong about anything.

While everyone wants to blame Trump now for a "terrible deed," what they are really doing is running from the fact that politics have sunken so low in America now that his terrible deed became necessary to draw attention to what we as a nation have really become.

Literally hundreds of thousands to millions of ballots were counted as legit by state after state who KNEW when they were counting them that they were all ILLEGAL.

Last edited:
Democrats everywhere thank him. Now show me where all the Dems are who are "loyal to their country doing the right things?" Other than maybe Manchin.

There was no way in hell that Pence could overturn that election all by himself. No fucking way. Whether or not any of the democrats are loyal to their country and doing the right thing is beside the point. I don't think there's much doubt about the scumbaggery of that party, but that does not entitle Pense or anyone else on the Right to lower themselves to their level.

Devil’s advocate time:

Let’s assume (for just this little hypothetical) that Trump was right in assuming that the election outcome had been flipped illegally.

In that event, maybe it not only was within the Vice President Pence’s Constitutional authority to reject the certification, maybe it would be a duty.

As support for this speculation, let me ask a very related question: IF he had no such authority under the Constitutional provision, why is it even in the Constitution? In other words, if whatever gets submitted by the states to Congress is self-authenticating, then the extra step of “certification” is superfluous. Arguably, therefore, there is a logical basis to assume that maybe the Constitution did, implicitly, give the VP the authority to reject the States’ electoral submissions.

You cannot overturn an election on an assumption. You've gotta have rock-solid, incontrovertible evidence which did not and does not yet exist. There is NO PROOF exhibited anywhere, nor any judge that has established that the 2020 election was stolen. NONE. Data? Yeah. Evidence? Yeah? Proof? NO.

There is NOTHING in the US Constitution that allows the VPOTUS to reject the certification of that election. Do you want the incumbent Vice President to be able to overturn the election that removes him from his office? You think he should have that authority?

IF he had no such authority under the Constitutional provision, why is it even in the Constitution?

Quote me chapter and verse, where is any of that in our Constitution?

In other words, if whatever gets submitted by the states to Congress is self-authenticating, then the extra step of “certification” is superfluous.

AS it should be. If a state reconsiders it's verification of their state election and determines it to be fraudulent, then I can see where the Congress, NOT the Vice President might have grounds to reject the EC electors from that state only. But there's nothing at all in the US Constitution that provides that authority.

Arguably, therefore, there is a logical basis to assume that maybe the Constitution did, implicitly, give the VP the authority to reject the States’ electoral submissions.

Uh, no. Are you familiar with the concept of Separation of Powers and Checks and Balances? There is no way on God's green earth that our gov't should allow somebody from the Executive Branch to reject the results of any state's election that he himself or his boss is on the ballot.

There was no way in hell that Pence could overturn that election all by himself. No fucking way. Whether or not any of the democrats are loyal to their country and doing the right thing is beside the point. I don't think there's much doubt about the scumbaggery of that party, but that does not entitle Pense or anyone else on the Right to lower themselves to their level.

What level? Pa just admitted that 40% of their 2020 ballots were illegal. By every measure now 15 months after the fact, three of the six swing states Trump lost now appear that Trump should have won (or really DID win). And they are still investigating.

But almost none of the courts sided with Trump! And I can't think of anything more fucked up and corrupt than out court and judicial system.

Pence absolutely could have stopped the certification, delayed it, found a reason, he simply didn't have the stones to face the media accusations.

Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. I mean, even Geo Washington and Thomas Jefferson were scoundrels who broke away from and betrayed their King back in England, right?

People will tell themselves that Pence was bound by constitutional mandates, but all Pence really accomplished was the perpetuation of a massively broken, corrupted and failed election system.

MIND YOU: people always wrongly assume I am advocating for Trump to have hijacked the election! No. I am not for anyone assuming titular autocratic head of the USA. I am advocating for holding off until you can be sure you got it right. Trump win or lose, to at least be SURE he really lost or really WON.

There is something terribly wrong with a system which creates "presidential debates" as ours so highly flawed and biased run off 2 minute soundbites and stopwatches, to a presidential election system where only 6 weeks are allowed no matter what to question and investigate abnormalities no matter how big, and in which they place a higher value of MEETING TIMETABLES and deadlines for the smooth clockwork of government rather than really ensuring that the will of the people is really met and the right man lawfully picked is actually put into the office.

An opportunistic pieceofshito, that's all Pence is! :mad-61:

He is no different, no better than Lindsay Graham, Ted Cruz or Chris Christie. They are all politicians who are not accountable for their actions. Trump was a businessman. In business, you live or die by your mistakes or doing things right. No politician could survive in the business world. Nuff said.

Pence was a waste even before he was a candidate. His presence on the ticket in 2020 was a factor in so many just staying home election night.

He is no different, no better than Lindsay Graham, Ted Cruz or Chris Christie. They are all politicians who are not accountable for their actions. Trump was a businessman. In business, you live or die by your mistakes or doing things right. No politician could survive in the business world. Nuff said.

Yup, I agree.

Pence calculated wrongly that there was this springboard of political opportunity out there for him to jump on the Bash Trump Wagon and say: "Me too."

He calculated wrongly. All Pence really proved here is that if he could be so wrong before, then how does anyone know he won't be totally wrong again?!

Democrats NEVER admit they are wrong about anything.

While everyone wants to blame Trump now for a "terrible deed," what they are really doing is running from the fact that politics have sunken so low in America now that his terrible deed became necessary to draw attention to what we as a nation have really become.

Literally hundreds of thousands to millions of ballots were counted as legit by state after state who KNEW when they were counting them that they were all ILLEGAL.
Completely agree. People only need to acknowledge all the stuff that came out showing the Rusia investigation was a cover up was known by many of the same people claiming their was no voter fraud. Many knew the truth about Rusia and many others just went along with the hoax because it was the politically safe thing to do.

There was no way in hell that Pence could overturn that election all by himself.

I've never asked him to OVERTURN the election. Just to stop, look at the evidence and be sure we are really electing the rightful winner before we totally commit ourselves.

And by every measure we have now, it is looking more and more like Biddum was NOT that rightful winner.

Hell, the man can't even fake his way through an afternoon presser.

Forum List

Back