Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jesus pray short prayers in public in the presence of people? Of course he did! When Pastors open their services they begin with praise and worship music and then they open with a small prayer. Why? Because we are to ask for Gods blessing on a meeting, we are to ask the Holy Spirit to take the reins to the meeting. To thank God for sending Him. If anyone doesn't believe that Satan wants to interupt the preaching of the word of God all they have to do is read this thread!

How did Jesus pray?

•Jesus prayed in praise to God, the Father - “At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, ‘I praise you, Father, lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure’” (Luke 10:21).

•Jesus prayed prayers of thanksgiving - “While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, ‘Take it; this is my body’” (Mark 14:22).

•Jesus prayed in a posture and with an attitude of reverent submission - “Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will’” (Matthew 26:39).

Last edited:
Father, I thank you for sending your Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ to hang up a tree at Calvary for my sins. Thank you, Jesus, for paying the full penalty of my sins and redeeming me from hell with your shed Blood. Blessed is the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world! Lord, touch the people today and confirm your Word O' God! Send thy Holy Spirit to minister to the people today. Apart from you, there can be nothing done. It is only by you, Jesus! You are the Living Word, You are the Truth, You are the Way, You are the Life! There is no life apart from you. Reveal yourself today by thy Holy Spirit to as many as you would save. We give you all the praise, all the glory and all the honor for what you are about to do, In Jesus Name, Amen.

" 5“When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6“But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
7“And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8“So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."
Matthew 6:5-7

[ame=http://youtu.be/L5cp3eUtraw]You loved me anyways (passion of the christ) - YouTube[/ame]

Bruce, my husband has a question for you. He wants to know when did you decide to betray Jesus Christ? Do you recall the moment you sold out? What was it that caused you to betray him? He says it was one of these three:

The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the boastful pride of life.

Which one was it?

Whichever it was you can be forgiven today. Repent today and return to your First Love. Jesus Christ. He is waiting for you.

Last edited:
Bruce, my husband has a question for you. He wants to know when did you decide to betray Jesus Christ? Do you recall the moment you sold out? What was it that caused you to betray him? He says it was one of these three:

The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the boastful pride of life.

Which one was it?

If he has a sincere question posed without a snarky attitude, let me know, though what my personal life has to do with the questions at hand I can't see.
It's more like a diversion from the current conversation.

Your vacation ends today. Make up your mind, Bruce. It is Jesus Christ or Satan. Which will it be?

Choose wisely.

It is written:

Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market place daily with them that met with him.

Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, he seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean. ( for all Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing. )

Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by and beheld your devotions, I found in an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is the Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we also are his offspring.

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent;

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

So Paul departed from among them. Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

Acts 17: 16 -34

We will pick up here at Acts 17: 34 today and begin with Acts 18: 1 - 28

Last edited:
It is written:

After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; ( because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome: ) and came unto them.

And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for their occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

And when Silas and Timotheus were came from Madedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.

And when they opposed themselves and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them,

Your blood be upon your own heads, I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue. And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace.
For I am with thee, and no man shall I set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

-Acts 18: 1 - 10

It is written:

And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them. And when Gallilio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat.

Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law. And when Paul was gone about to open his mouth, Gallilio said unto the Jews,

If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you:

But it is a question of words, and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such small matters. And he drave him from the judgment seat.

Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the chief ruler of the synagogue, and beat him before the judgment seat. And Gallilio cared for none of these things.

- Acts 18: 11 -17

It is written:

And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.

When they desired him to tarry no longer with them, he consented not; But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: for I will return again unto you, if God will.

And he sailed to Ephesus, and when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch. And after he had spent some time there, he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phyrgia in order, strengthening all the disciples.

And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in scriptures, came to Ephesus.

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples who received him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

For he mightily convinced the Jews and that publickly, shewing by scripture that Jesus was the Christ.

- Acts 18: 18 - 28

Last edited:
A person who cannot face plain dealing and straightforwardness hurts himself more than anyone else, for this reason: he seldom hears the truth. If you do not have enough humility to accept a rebuke you are a "scorner" ( Proverbs 9:8 ) On the other hand, a man that does not have enough love to give reproof in season to his brother is not worthy to be called a Christian and has proved himself a " hater of his brother" ( Leviticus 19:17). David said he would take it as "a kindness" for the righteous to smite him. (Psalm 141:5) He accepted reproof as if the brother had broken a box of precious oil upon his head - a high expression of Jewish love. - William Gurnall

Last edited:
Why does Acts 18: 6 read........

And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles?

Because when they opposed Christ by blaspheming Jesus Christ and His Messengers whom He sent. They were opposing themselves. They were their own worst enemies. The only ones they harmed were themselves! Oh! How this must have grieved the heart of Paul! What a sad report!

Last edited:
It was the will of God that the King James version and not the Catholic bible which has additional books would be the Bible God would use to reach the world with, Capstone. ...

Excluding the approximately 1.2 billion Catholics worldwide (some of which are considered "Pentecostals" themselves)? :dunno:

Besides, where do you imagine the Codex Bezae and the Codex Claromontanus originated? Without those pre-Reformation (read: fully Catholic) secondary sources, there would be no KJV new testament, period.

...As the Gospel of Jesus Christ started off with 12 men and has now reached billions I'd say it has been quite effective and God is pleased. Furthermore, the bible is the most intact accurate work of antiquity in existence today. It surpasses the Illiad in accuracy. Did you know that? The Iliad is second and if you want to go down that road you had better first have a look at my debate with CMike on the matter of the authenticity of the Scriptures. I've already covered all of this. I wouldn't use this arguement for our debate if I were you. That of course, is up to you though.

Not to concede or deny the historical accuracy of certain events in the Bible (particularly in the OT), but there's a BIG difference between apparent scriptural correlations to history and the correspondence to truth of the many divergent doctrines drawn from those scriptures. That means the argument from historical accuracy is entirely mute on the issue of doctrinal accuracy (including your emotionally deranged brand of Pentecostalism).

How many more pointless arguments would you like to toss onto the fire?

Not a Word that has been spoken by the Holy Spirit will fall to the ground, Capstone. You are using doctrines of men to argue the Doctrine of Christ.

How many more pointless arguements would I like to toss onto the fire? I do not know. How many more have you got?

Last edited:
The Holy Spirit is the author and the revelator of all Scripture.

There's no denying, (at least by reasonable people), that the authors of all the various bibles were men.

Who is suggesting that the bibles were authored by entities inhabiting some spirit realm?

The Holy Spirit is the author and the revelator of all Scripture.

There's no denying, (at least by reasonable people), that the authors of all the various bibles were men.

Who is suggesting that the bibles were authored by entities inhabiting some spirit realm?

GOD'S WORD TELLS US THE BEGINNING TO THE END OF THIS AGE, No little man over 2000 years ago could ever do that!!!TRY TO THINK!!

The Word of God is our Daily Bread, Hollie. Jesus has the Words of Life because He is the Bread of Life. The Holy Spirit is the author and the revelator of all Scripture and holy men spoke as the Holy Spirit gave them utterance. The Holy Spirit aways points us toward Jesus Christ. The bible is a 2,000 yr. old (in that vicinity) arrow pointing straight at Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Hear this song and let the anointing break the yoke of bondage. It is the anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage, Hollie. ( so that you may hear the Truth and receive it )

[ame=http://youtu.be/2GDsXamQ2hI]Nicole Binion - This is The Air I Breathe - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
the holy spirit is the author and the revelator of all scripture.

there's no denying, (at least by reasonable people), that the authors of all the various bibles were men.

god's word tells us the beginning to the end of this age, no little man over 2000 years ago could ever do that!!!try to think!!

i am trying to think - i'm thinking about how dysfunctional you really are.

there's no denying, (at least by reasonable people), that the authors of all the various bibles were men.

god's word tells us the beginning to the end of this age, no little man over 2000 years ago could ever do that!!!try to think!!

i am trying to think - i'm thinking about how dysfunctional you really are.

NO ANSWER!!! HUH?? NO OTHER "BOOK" OF ANY KIND WRITTEN OVER 2000 YEARS AGO even makes a effort to tell us about events in detail 2000 years into the future and on to the end of this age!!!

The Word of God is our Daily Bread, Hollie. Jesus has the Words of Life because He is the Bread of Life. The Holy Spirit is the author and the revelator of all Scripture and holy men spoke as the Holy Spirit gave them utterance. The Holy Spirit aways points us toward Jesus Christ. The bible is a 2,000 yr. old arrow pointing straight at Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Hear this song and let the anointing break the yoke of bondage. It is the anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage, Hollie. ( so that you may hear the Truth and receive it )

I'm not aware that any of the writers of the bibles heard voices from the gods.

Regarding anointing, my experience with religious fundamentalists is that overwhelmingly, they are bound by fear and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back