Police dog bites unarmed man

I hope they don't charge the dog with an unprovoked attack. He's a hero.
As someone who has raised and trained dogs for just this purpose, I agree. The fact that the criminal wasn't armed is meaningless, after all, the dog was not armed either. I had a dog that brought a suspect down after tracking him from a violent carjacking and assault. The idiot had a weapon and aimed it at the dog. The dog left him with several stitches and a broken arm. The dog followed his commands and backed off when commanded to do so.
The suspect's lawyer tried to have the dog put down, he did achieve banning the dog from the rez, but he wasn't put down. The crook did some time but was let out. He later was caught again for robbery, this time off the rez, and got a real jail sentence.

As someone who has raised and trained dogs for just this purpose, I agree. The fact that the criminal wasn't armed is meaningless, after all, the dog was not armed either. I had a dog that brought a suspect down after tracking him from a violent carjacking and assault. The idiot had a weapon and aimed it at the dog. The dog left him with several stitches and a broken arm. The dog followed his commands and backed off when commanded to do so.
The suspect's lawyer tried to have the dog put down, he did achieve banning the dog from the rez, but he wasn't put down. The crook did some time but was let out. He later was caught again for robbery, this time off the rez, and got a real jail sentence.

This guy was accused of a minor traffic violation and surrendered with his hands up. He was kneeling and the other officers screamed……Don’t release the dog!

Still the guy released him and ordered him to attack

This guy was accused of a minor traffic violation and surrendered with his hands up. He was kneeling and the other officers screamed……Don’t release the dog!

The fellow did use an obscenity with the police officer, so I can see where the cop was offended. A lot of officers don't take that shit for a second.

However, what I don't see is why the news story mentions the race of the guy who got bit. There is no reason to think a smartassed Honky wouldn't have got the same treatment if he acted out in this Alabama town. looks like the media is just trying to stir up a racial divide.

The fellow did use an obscenity with the police officer, so I can see where the cop was offended. A lot of officers don't take that shit for a second.

However, what I don't see is why the news story mentions the race of the guy who got bit. There is no reason to think a smartassed Honky wouldn't have got the same treatment if he acted out in this Alabama town. looks like the media is just trying to stir up a racial divide.
Whatever happened will be first investigated by the police, then by the court. If misconduct is found, it will be on the part of the handler. If the handler is found to have engaged in misconduct, he should be disciplined and discharged. The handler may have acted because of the complection of of the perpetrator, but I have yet to meet a dog who cares one bit about it.

Whatever happened will be first investigated by the police, then by the court. If misconduct is found, it will be on the part of the handler. If the handler is found to have engaged in misconduct, he should be disciplined and discharged. The handler may have acted because of the complection of of the perpetrator, but I have yet to meet a dog who cares one bit about it.
If it was a white man attacked by the dog this would not even be in the news.

It wasn't minor, he stole the truck and would not pull over and used it as a weapon, swerving at police officers who had deployed stop sticks. He still should not have gotten bit and will likely make money from his stupidity.

Forum List

Back