Poll for leftists.....Did you pay your FAIR SHARE?

Did you send in that extra dough to make sure you paid your FAIR SHARE?

• Yes

• NO

• Taxes are for thee and not for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to admit, it is a valid question. Percentage wise, they are not even close.

Looks like their net revenue for 2018 was 234 billion. If all they paid is 412 million that's like .18 percent. At the 21 percent number, they should have paid almost 50 billion in taxes. Sure. There will be some deductions for payroll and a few other things, but not enough to wipe away 99% of their tax burden.

I agree in that respect. They should pay what they are required to. If 21% is the number then that is what they should pay.

Or did I get my math wrong...?
well there is quite a lot that comes out of that revenue, like expenses, what they buy and what they pay out for benfits. it's amazing how fking everyone knows shit about our tax system. fking amazing. fk the fact they paid 412 million and you and I pay 10 thousand or so. if you took all their money, you don't make a dent. fk.

you know you and I get tax credits, we get to take deductions, so is it any different? if you paid 28% against what you made right?

Well we are Americans. Those are businessess . A paper creation allowed by the government.

Why shouldn’t they pay a higher % than your average joe ?
/—-/ Why should they? Why shouldn’t you pay 100% tax?

I’m not a corporation and don’t have corporation protection.
/—-/ You’re just a greedy selfish person who doesn’t care if others go hungry

Me ? You want working stiffs to pay all the taxes while corps get off Scott free.

well there is quite a lot that comes out of that revenue, like expenses, what they buy and what they pay out for benfits. it's amazing how fking everyone knows shit about our tax system. fking amazing. fk the fact they paid 412 million and you and I pay 10 thousand or so. if you took all their money, you don't make a dent. fk.

you know you and I get tax credits, we get to take deductions, so is it any different? if you paid 28% against what you made right?

Well we are Americans. Those are businessess . A paper creation allowed by the government.

Me ? You want working stiffs to pay all the taxes while corps get off Scott free.
/——-/ You’re too stupid to understand

Because I can’t survive at a 100% rate .
/——/ You don’t care if a company can survive. But you can get food stamps and welfare. So you should work hard and pay 100% taxes. Do it for the children.

I never said they should pay 90% . I DO think business should be taxed higher than individuals .
/——/ Then they pass the tax on to the consumers. Duhhhhhh

Not necessarily. They can just take less profit .

I understand just fine . Bullshit trickle down economics is nothin new .

I understand just fine . Bullshit trickle down economics is nothin new .
/——/ How much more are you willing to pay for everything you need to live and enjoy? How much?

/——/ You don’t care if a company can survive. But you can get food stamps and welfare. So you should work hard and pay 100% taxes. Do it for the children.

I never said they should pay 90% . I DO think business should be taxed higher than individuals .

/——/ So can you. So pay 100% and do your part,

Then I’d have no money to buy the goods or services from company X. Company X then makes nothing .

Conservatives act like businesses do us all a favor . It’s a symbiotic situation. That’s the only way it works .

“We the people “ not “We the corporations “.

/——/ So open a corporation and tell us how much tax you pay. Go ahead.

Then I’d have no money to buy the goods or services from company X. Company X then makes nothing .

Conservatives act like businesses do us all a favor . It’s a symbiotic situation. That’s the only way it works .

“We the people “ not “We the corporations “.
/——-/ Sell your foods stamps for $$$ to buy shyt.

You’d be surprised how little many do pay .

Sure we see the rates. But that’s like the sticker price on a car . Ain’t no one paying that!

Sure we see the rates. But that’s like the sticker price on a car . Ain’t no one paying that!
/——/ Sorry folks I just can’t fix Timmy’s stupid. I tried.

And I can’t fix your righty big biz ass kissing .

Federal payroll taxes, not federal income taxes, and not federal corporate taxes and not federal excise taxes...

they are part of the federal tax revenues collected but not federal INCOME taxes....

I almost wish they were a part of income taxes instead of payroll taxes... because at least then, those who make very little, but still pay nearly 10% of their salaries in payroll taxes, would be included in all of these "income tax breaks" that our government has given over the years.
explain to me the difference between taking money from payroll for SS and taking money from payroll for federal income taxes? are they both not taken from your pay? how fking stupid are you.
With income tax, your entire income is taxable after certain deductibles.

With Payroll taxes, people who earn their incomes through investments, like in the stock market, or by owning a business, like the Bill Gates, the Warren Buffets, and the Trumps in the world....they do NOT have to pay any payroll taxes....ZERO. And those who do make a lot of money through a payroll salary, only have to pay these payroll taxes up to a CAP, which is about $128,000.... anything the rich guys make above tht $128k has NO Social Security TAXES due on it..... Which primarily puts the burden of payroll taxes, on to the middle class and lower class WORKERS.
dude, are you on drugs? everything has a fking cap. Capital Gains does not. you have no fking clue on what you're even trying to debate. I asked you what the difference was from taking taxes for federal income tax from a salary and taking money from your salary for SS. what is different? afraid t answer that?
Your ignorance is showing on your coat sleeve....
And FOR THE LAST TIME, I am not a DUDE.
what ignorance is that dude? payroll tax is payroll tax. if money is taken out of your pay. stupid fk.

What percentage you think the corporations paid under obammy?
what the f???

YOU SAID social security and medicare taxes were federal INCOME TAXES, I said NO, federal income taxes are NOT the same as federal payroll taxes and I explained to you, as you asked me to, why.

AND YOU whined like the sissy cry baby that you are, that I was wrong... and I am not wrong...

payroll taxes and income taxes are both federal revenue, as with excise taxes, and corporate taxes, and capital gain taxes etc.... but federal PAYROLL taxes are NOT the same as federal INCOME taxes.... payroll taxes are a flat tax, with a CAP and income taxes are progressive, with no CAP.

And I can’t fix your righty big biz ass kissing .
/——/ Big biz makes the tools you use to post on USMB. They make and deliver the food you shove in your pie hole and a million other things you take for granted.

/----/ "We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations."
My God man - you paid more than $412 million in 2015?
Does Amazon Pay Taxes? Contrary to Trump Tweet, Yes
The company, in its latest annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission, said that it paid $177 million in income taxes in 2014, $273 million in 2015 and $412 million last year.
View attachment 249778

What % of the companies income is that ?
/---/ Don't answer a question with another question. Did you pay more than Amazon who paid $412 million?
I have to admit, it is a valid question. Percentage wise, they are not even close.

Looks like their net revenue for 2018 was 234 billion. If all they paid is 412 million that's like .18 percent. At the 21 percent number, they should have paid almost 50 billion in taxes. Sure. There will be some deductions for payroll and a few other things, but not enough to wipe away 99% of their tax burden.

I agree in that respect. They should pay what they are required to. If 21% is the number then that is what they should pay.

Well, that wasn't my point. I think corporate tax rates should be low, because they are the driving force behind the economy. They also provide employment to all of us.

I think they should be able to reinvest into the company in order to grow it. I also think they should pay what they are supposed to. If government allows them to claim deductions to lower their tax bill, that is fine. I am not a fan of loopholes to allow them to skirt their taxes. This is why I think a flat tax would be good. Take away all the loopholes, require a set %, and that is what we pay.

Anyway, as long as they are within the requirements, it's fine. I just looked at the numbers for amazon and thought what they paid in taxes looked low. But again, I'm no tax expert.

I dont. 21% is good for businesses. Now, I think the heads of that business should pay a fair rate. Top rate now is 39%, I think, which is fine.

But most of what you see for the ultra wealthy is not income, its capital gains. That is money that has already been taxed, put on the market to grow. People take a risk when putting that kind of money on the market. Sure, some have gotten really good at it and have learned how to invest wisely. They also know how to play the game (legally) to shelter their money when times are bad.

That is one of the perks of being wealthy. You have a lot of money , and people to look after that money.

When we start a business, and take that risk, and if it pays off, then we too can enjoy that luxury.

It's like, let's say you made 40 million in a year do you think the government should be able to take 39% of the first 10 million, and 70% of the next 30 million? That would be the government taking 25 million of your 40 million, leaving you with 15 million of your pay.

Seems a bit extreme when you look at actual numbers.

hmmmmm 70% on anything over $10,000,000.00 sounds utterly robin hoodish....

90%? that's eisenhower's deal. you know... that silly (R) president that was also pro union & served during one of the most economically productive eras in US history?

wow... how radical.
ive seen this 150 times this month all over the INTERNET
no one paid it
FACT CHECK: Did ‘Hardly Anyone’ Pay 90 Percent In Taxes Under Eisenhower?

“Under #Eisenhower the top marginal tax rate (which is what @AOC is talking about) was 90 per cent,” New Yorker senior editor and staff writer Hendrik Hertzberg tweeted Saturday.

It’s true that the top marginal individual income tax rate under Eisenhower was very high – 91 percent during the bulk of his tenure, which lasted from 1953 to 1961.
However, conservative commentators correctly note that hardly anyone paid that much.

In 1958, only around 10,000 out of 45.6 million tax filers had incomes that put them in the 81 percent bracket or higher, according to The Wall Street Journal. That amounts to about 0.02 percent of filers subject to the 81 percent rate, let alone the 91 percent rate.

Additionally, top income earners paid much lower average rates under Eisenhower.

The U.S. uses a marginal income tax system, meaning not all income is taxed at the same rate, and those who reach higher brackets still pay the lower tax bracket rate on some of their income.

For example, in 2018, a married couple filing jointly that makes $100,000 is subject to a 10 percent tax on the first $19,050, 12 percent on the next $58,350 and 22 percent on the remaining $22,600.

In 1955, any income that married couples filing jointly earned up to $4,000 was taxed at 20 percent, while the 91 percent rate kicked in for each dollar earned over $400,000 – the equivalent of $3,426,776 in constant 2013 dollars, according to the right-leaning Tax Foundation.

Actual tax paid as a percentage of income is called an effective or average tax rate.

Of course you weren't taxed at 70 to 90 percent so did you do the right thing and send in that extra 50% of your income?
Did you refuse to pay anything because it’s your hard earned money and not the government’s? We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations. Isn’t that something?
/----/ "We both payed more than Amazon and other massive corporations."
My God man - you paid more than $412 million in 2015?
Does Amazon Pay Taxes? Contrary to Trump Tweet, Yes
The company, in its latest annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission, said that it paid $177 million in income taxes in 2014, $273 million in 2015 and $412 million last year.
View attachment 249778

What % of the companies income is that ?
/---/ Don't answer a question with another question. Did you pay more than Amazon who paid $412 million?

234 billion is their gross revenue, moron. Their pretax income was $11 billion. They paid about $1.2 billion in income tax. At the 50% rate they would have paid about $5.5. billion.

Forum List

Back