Poverty and ignorance breeds crime. Economic immigrants and refugees are poor and uneducated. 2+2=4

Help them where they live? I guess that might work great if you didn't live in Guatemala where gangs were after your 12 year old to join or Syria where bombs are dropping.

Look, I'm all for helping governments to be more prosperous, reduce violence and put more people to work. But that ain't gonna work short-term in countries where murderous pricks run the show.

You immigration hardliners need to grow the hell up. Little ol' Boise, ID has brought in thousands of immigrants from "shithole" countries. More from Syria than LA and NYC combined.

We've had no crime and no problems from our immigrant community other than a few hate crimes committed by hate-mongering Trumplandian assholes against them. They have proven themselves to be hard workers. Several have opened successful, amazing restaurants and other interesting shops and businesses.

Stop Being Afraid

U.S. Reaches Goal of Admitting 10,000 Syrian Refugees. Here’s Where They Went.
What Are Immigrants Doing For Idaho's Economy?
Boise, Idaho, A Global Home for Refugees

A leftist batshit insane person putting illegals first.

Why am I not surprised?

There are no short term solutions to the shit-hole countries, with or without our help. Stop trying to pretend that importing all of them here is one, because once they all get in, we will all be living in a shit hole.
lol. like the right wing really puts the People, first.

I think Republicans and Democrats are both hurting Americans in different ways.

You must be very happy with both parties then.

Judge rejects U.S. efforts to strip terrorist of citizenship

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The government can’t strip a terrorist of his U.S. citizenship, a federal judge ruled this month in a decision siding with a Pakistan-born man serving the last few years of a 20-year prison sentence for his guilty plea to plotting to destroy New York’s Brooklyn Bridge.

The case involves Iyman Faris, who was sentenced in 2003 for aiding and abetting al-Qaida by scoping out the bridge as part of a plot to cut through cables that support it. His case was among the first and highest-profile terrorism cases after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Faris, who’s 49, was known as Mohammad Rauf before becoming a U.S. citizen, worked as a truck driver in Columbus and was married to an American woman for a while. He is scheduled for release Dec. 23, 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.

Federal Judge Staci Yanle said this month there’s not enough evidence to prove Faris’ misrepresentations influenced the decision to grant him citizenship.

“American citizenship is precious, and the government carries a heavy burden of proof when attempting to divest a naturalized citizen of his or her citizenship,” she wrote on July 11.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that liberal judges are another problem with foreigners coming here?
It sets a dangerous precedent to strip a person of citizenship. I do not think we should be supporting that unless he is a dual citizen.

.... And now we have parents deported without their children and no idea where their children are or how to get them back. Is this a good thing in your rightie world? .....

Is it a good thing in your world?

No. As I have consistently said.

Then parents who deliberately put their children in circumstances where that is a likely outcome are being abusive, aren’t they?
Versus leaving them in a country where they would end up killed, raped or swallowed up by gang violence? You never seem to think what these parents are taking their children from do you?

Because the theory is that we only allow so many into our country so as to assimilate into our society. Right now, against our will, we are becoming a bilingual nation because we are so overrun by Spanish speaking immigrants legal and illegal.

It's clear we are allowing too many in.

There is a lot of myth in that. We have no problem with assimilation, language learning rates are no different today then a century ago. Contrary to popular rhetoric we are not being flooded. The real irony is we have ALWAYS been bilingual. A big irony when people make these claims is a big chunk of America was Spanish speaking when we took it. Spanish is a part of our culture whether you like it or not.

The myth of America's immigration problem

America is home to tens of millions of immigrants. Indeed, "a record 43.2 million immigrants [were] living in the U.S. in 2015, making up 13.4 percent of the nation's population," Pew reports. They are, of course, just as diverse as their varied origins suggest. But broadly speaking, Mexican immigrants are disproportionately less educated and poor, typically working in agriculture, low-paying service jobs, manufacturing, or construction; while Asian immigrants tend to be college-educated and working middle-class or higher jobs. Latin American immigrants from outside Mexico are in the middle, a bit worse off than the American average but not by much.

This makes less difference than quietly race-obsessed conservatives assume. In terms of actually existing American culture, Latinos are already much better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans were when they arrived in large numbers. Indeed, Latin American culture has made a such a deep imprint on the United States that it might fairly be considered a constitutive element of American culture as whole.

Latinos have been living in parts of the United States since before the very first colonial British immigrants. Spanish is a de facto second language in much of the country, Mexican food (and its various adaptations) can be found in virtually every city and town, and Catholicism has long since become just another ordinary flavor of American Christianity. If we consider history, this shouldn't be remotely surprising. It turns out when you flagrantly steal half of Mexico, it makes a bit of a lasting imprint.

It is surely true that immigrants can create some social tension, especially in communities without a lot of experience with them. But if anything, America is better positioned to absorb the current generation of immigrants than it was 160 years ago, when poverty-stricken Irish families were piling into New York City by the tens of thousands.

Leave it to a far left drone to use a far left hack site for their facts.

It is not a myth until you can prove otherwise. Using a far left hack site just proves you are a far left drone troll!

And as always you far left drones missed the point, illegal immigration is not legal immigration and is off topic of this thread
Actually Kosh I don’t think you read the topic. It makes no mention of legal or illegal status but rather economic status of immigrants. In addition we have an administration actively going after immigrants here legally looking for reasons to strip them of their status and send them back.

Maybe you should read it. Just a thought. Or in your case a novel idea that has yet to be entertained in that warped little cavity that passes for your head.

Yes I know you did not read the topic as your comments have nothing to with poverty, show in your post that has anything to with the OP..
Actually the article I quoted also mentions the greater amount of economic poverty in Mexican immigrants. Again, I suspect you did not actually read it so I will help you out here:

But broadly speaking, Mexican immigrants are disproportionately less educated and poor, typically working in agriculture, low-paying service jobs, manufacturing, or construction;

This is a dangerously ethno-centered position to take in order to JUSTIFY illegal immigration. Because it borders on the same "low expectations" that haunts our public school systems and creates "lower bars" for American Black kids.

If you look at the SECOND GENERATION of Mexican immigration -- IE -- the DACA kids, they are COMPETING for the SAME jobs and positions (largely) as our citizen American kids. THEY are not working the fields and changing bedpans. And MANY of them are STILL "illegal".

This "vision" of what "they are" has more than a "tint" of racism to it. Maybe at least -- it's counterproductive to not look at consequences -- 20 or 50 years out. Because like MOST of our previous mmigrant classes, their handicaps are unburdened by the time their kids up..

There is a lot of myth in that. We have no problem with assimilation, language learning rates are no different today then a century ago. Contrary to popular rhetoric we are not being flooded. The real irony is we have ALWAYS been bilingual. A big irony when people make these claims is a big chunk of America was Spanish speaking when we took it. Spanish is a part of our culture whether you like it or not.

The myth of America's immigration problem

America is home to tens of millions of immigrants. Indeed, "a record 43.2 million immigrants [were] living in the U.S. in 2015, making up 13.4 percent of the nation's population," Pew reports. They are, of course, just as diverse as their varied origins suggest. But broadly speaking, Mexican immigrants are disproportionately less educated and poor, typically working in agriculture, low-paying service jobs, manufacturing, or construction; while Asian immigrants tend to be college-educated and working middle-class or higher jobs. Latin American immigrants from outside Mexico are in the middle, a bit worse off than the American average but not by much.

This makes less difference than quietly race-obsessed conservatives assume. In terms of actually existing American culture, Latinos are already much better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans were when they arrived in large numbers. Indeed, Latin American culture has made a such a deep imprint on the United States that it might fairly be considered a constitutive element of American culture as whole.

Latinos have been living in parts of the United States since before the very first colonial British immigrants. Spanish is a de facto second language in much of the country, Mexican food (and its various adaptations) can be found in virtually every city and town, and Catholicism has long since become just another ordinary flavor of American Christianity. If we consider history, this shouldn't be remotely surprising. It turns out when you flagrantly steal half of Mexico, it makes a bit of a lasting imprint.

It is surely true that immigrants can create some social tension, especially in communities without a lot of experience with them. But if anything, America is better positioned to absorb the current generation of immigrants than it was 160 years ago, when poverty-stricken Irish families were piling into New York City by the tens of thousands.

It is not a myth until you can prove otherwise. Using a far left hack site just proves you are a far left drone troll!

And as always you far left drones missed the point, illegal immigration is not legal immigration and is off topic of this thread
Actually Kosh I don’t think you read the topic. It makes no mention of legal or illegal status but rather economic status of immigrants. In addition we have an administration actively going after immigrants here legally looking for reasons to strip them of their status and send them back.

Maybe you should read it. Just a thought. Or in your case a novel idea that has yet to be entertained in that warped little cavity that passes for your head.

Yes I know you did not read the topic as your comments have nothing to with poverty, show in your post that has anything to with the OP..
Actually the article I quoted also mentions the greater amount of economic poverty in Mexican immigrants. Again, I suspect you did not actually read it so I will help you out here:

But broadly speaking, Mexican immigrants are disproportionately less educated and poor, typically working in agriculture, low-paying service jobs, manufacturing, or construction;

This is a dangerously ethno-centered position to take in order to JUSTIFY illegal immigration. Because it borders on the same "low expectations" that haunts our public school systems and creates "lower bars" for American Black kids.

If you look at the SECOND GENERATION of Mexican immigration -- IE -- the DACA kids, they are COMPETING for the SAME jobs and positions (largely) as our citizen American kids. THEY are not working the fields and changing bedpans. And MANY of them are STILL "illegal".

This "vision" of what "they are" has more than a "tint" of racism to it. Maybe at least -- it's counterproductive to not look at consequences -- 20 or 50 years out. Because like MOST of our immigrant classes, their handicaps are unburdened by the time their kids up..
Which position do you mean?

How much of our own comfort are we willing to sacrifice for this feel good bullshit? Do you have any idea how many poor and desperate people there are in the world? I'll give you a hint; there are a fuck load. The first world can't save everybody, and in attempting to do so we're just going to shoot ourselves in the foot. If the left got its way we would actually be fucked. The Republicans do a lot of stupid shit, but thank fuck for their stance on immigration. If we actually want to help these people we need to figure out how to help them where they live.

Do you disappointed lefties want to know why Trump won, and why he will win again? It's because you people would fuck up everything if you had full control of the immigration situation. That one issue is hurting the left badly. If you'd just pull your heads out of your asses and focus on Americans you would start dominating elections.
Many immigrants come to America out of poverty through out our history.

Is there a point here?
How many poor people can we support before they bankrupt the taxpayers?

How much of our own comfort are we willing to sacrifice for this feel good bullshit? Do you have any idea how many poor and desperate people there are in the world? I'll give you a hint; there are a fuck load. The first world can't save everybody, and in attempting to do so we're just going to shoot ourselves in the foot. If the left got its way we would actually be fucked. The Republicans do a lot of stupid shit, but thank fuck for their stance on immigration. If we actually want to help these people we need to figure out how to help them where they live.

Do you disappointed lefties want to know why Trump won, and why he will win again? It's because you people would fuck up everything if you had full control of the immigration situation. That one issue is hurting the left badly. If you'd just pull your heads out of your asses and focus on Americans you would start dominating elections.

Is there a point here?

The left: "I don't know. Let's find out!"

This "vision" of what "they are" has more than a "tint" of racism to it. Maybe at least -- it's counterproductive to not look at consequences -- 20 or 50 years out. Because like MOST of our immigrant classes, their handicaps are unburdened by the time their kids up..

It's right there in you quoting and SEEMINGLY feasting on the "Broadly speaking" crap. Broadly speaking is just the polite way of disguising what we call "racial and ethnic" stereotypes and generalizations.

Need to be thinking LONG TERM on the consequences of ANY immigration policy and not letting sympathy and emotion rule the day.

.... And now we have parents deported without their children and no idea where their children are or how to get them back. Is this a good thing in your rightie world? .....

Then parents who deliberately put their children in circumstances where that is a likely outcome are being abusive, aren’t they?
Versus leaving them in a country where they would end up killed, raped or swallowed up by gang violence? You never seem to think what these parents are taking their children from do you?

I think I know it better than you do. Nonetheless, not every single person in Central America or Mexico is raped, killed, or swallowed. However, a parent dragging a very young child to the US border, with all the grave dangers that involves ("you never seem to think...") knowing the very likely result is making a choice that is neglectful at best. Crying about Nazis after making that deliberate decision is disingenuous. Most of these folks know exactly what they are doing and what they are in for. They will cry on cue for the cameras because far-far-left native born Americans with an anti-American ax to grind train them to do so.

Is there a point here?
how worthless is Capitalism, that can't employ everyone.

That begs the question: even if they leave and try to get here, does that mean the rest of their fellow citizens continue to get killed, raped or swallowed up by gang violence? And if they are not, why only the ones that come here?

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The government can’t strip a terrorist of his U.S. citizenship, a federal judge ruled this month in a decision siding with a Pakistan-born man serving the last few years of a 20-year prison sentence for his guilty plea to plotting to destroy New York’s Brooklyn Bridge.

The case involves Iyman Faris, who was sentenced in 2003 for aiding and abetting al-Qaida by scoping out the bridge as part of a plot to cut through cables that support it. His case was among the first and highest-profile terrorism cases after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Faris, who’s 49, was known as Mohammad Rauf before becoming a U.S. citizen, worked as a truck driver in Columbus and was married to an American woman for a while. He is scheduled for release Dec. 23, 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.

Federal Judge Staci Yanle said this month there’s not enough evidence to prove Faris’ misrepresentations influenced the decision to grant him citizenship.

“American citizenship is precious, and the government carries a heavy burden of proof when attempting to divest a naturalized citizen of his or her citizenship,” she wrote on July 11.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that liberal judges are another problem with foreigners coming here?
It sets a dangerous precedent to strip a person of citizenship. I do not think we should be supporting that unless he is a dual citizen.

So this evil SOB is going to try to cut the cables on a bridge causing tens of millions of dollars in damage not to mention possibly hundreds of American lives, and all you're worried about is if it sets a precedent by kicking this garbage out of the country?

To be honest, I hope he does lose his citizenship and yes, it does set a precedent. i would rather the precedent be his execution, but I'll settle for second best.

Both the Left AND the right are using stereotypes and generalizations about poverty, crime to address the immigration issue. The right uses it as a club, as you are doing as part of the Con immigration argument. The left uses the SAME stereotypes and generalizations for the PRO argument as a fundamental CHARTER and excuse for absorbing any crime or poverty ridden immigrants. Even it they come illegally.

Immigration should never be a TACTICAL argument. Short term thinking, over-blown stereotypes, emotion and fear are NOT what should drive the policies. This is for the reasons I stated above to Coyote. THat by 2nd generation, MOST of our immigrant waves are fully engaged in assimilation and pursuit of the American dream. They DONT STAY --- stupid and impoverished. Which is really bad if they are STILL illegal and not stupid and empoverished as say, Dreamers who compete with legal American kids for jobs and funding.

Immigration policy needs to be a LONG RANGE STRATEGIC argument. And all the policy should flow from there.

Is there a point here?

The government should funnel the unemployed work able American poor into farming, construction, and food industry jobs that illegal immigrants typically do.

Problem solved.

Is there a point here?

The government should funnel the unemployed work able American poor into farming, construction, and food industry jobs that illegal immigrants typically do.

Problem solved.
The law is employment at will; why be illegal to the law.

So this evil SOB is going to try to cut the cables on a bridge causing tens of millions of dollars in damage not to mention possibly hundreds of American lives, and all you're worried about is if it sets a precedent by kicking this garbage out of the country?

To be honest, I hope he does lose his citizenship and yes, it does set a precedent. i would rather the precedent be his execution, but I'll settle for second best.

But, why attack millions of individual illegals, when you could make an example by attacking a few employers of illegals by putting them behind bars?????

Oh, wait I forgot the elite Republican "Capitalists" actually want the illegals here for cheap labor, they just put on a ruse smoke-screen of being anti-illegal for "Votes"

Is there a point here?

Problem solved.
The law is employment at will; why be illegal to the law.

But, I thought you said that Capitalism doesn't employ enough?

Now, you're equally upset at the Government alternative, of Government intervention in helping give people jobs who should have jobs?

Is there a point here?

Problem solved.

Another idiot posting nonsense he never even tried to think through. This is why so many stupid ideas get tossed around.

It's right there in you quoting and SEEMINGLY feasting on the "Broadly speaking" crap. Broadly speaking is just the polite way of disguising what we call "racial and ethnic" stereotypes and generalizations.

Need to be thinking LONG TERM on the consequences of ANY immigration policy and not letting sympathy and emotion rule the day.

You jumped in without reading through the thread and the context for WHY I put that quote there. It was because Kosh demanded to know what the LARGER bit I quoted has to do with poverty and you jumped right on it without taking in the larger context!

My position is in post 72.

Last edited:

Is there a point here?

Problem solved.

Another idiot posting nonsense he never even tried to think through. This is why so many stupid ideas get tossed around.

Explain why it makes sense to have unproductive people idle, with tons of illegal immigrants taking their place?

Forum List

Back