Poverty and ignorance breeds crime. Economic immigrants and refugees are poor and uneducated. 2+2=4

Help them where they live? I guess that might work great if you didn't live in Guatemala where gangs were after your 12 year old to join or Syria where bombs are dropping.

Look, I'm all for helping governments to be more prosperous, reduce violence and put more people to work. But that ain't gonna work short-term in countries where murderous pricks run the show.

You immigration hardliners need to grow the hell up. Little ol' Boise, ID has brought in thousands of immigrants from "shithole" countries. More from Syria than LA and NYC combined.

We've had no crime and no problems from our immigrant community other than a few hate crimes committed by hate-mongering Trumplandian assholes against them. They have proven themselves to be hard workers. Several have opened successful, amazing restaurants and other interesting shops and businesses.

Stop Being Afraid

U.S. Reaches Goal of Admitting 10,000 Syrian Refugees. Here’s Where They Went.
What Are Immigrants Doing For Idaho's Economy?
Boise, Idaho, A Global Home for Refugees

A leftist batshit insane person putting illegals first.

Why am I not surprised?

There are no short term solutions to the shit-hole countries, with or without our help. Stop trying to pretend that importing all of them here is one, because once they all get in, we will all be living in a shit hole.
lol. like the right wing really puts the People, first.

Help them where they live? I guess that might work great if you didn't live in Guatemala where gangs were after your 12 year old to join or Syria where bombs are dropping.

Look, I'm all for helping governments to be more prosperous, reduce violence and put more people to work. But that ain't gonna work short-term in countries where murderous pricks run the show.

You immigration hardliners need to grow the hell up. Little ol' Boise, ID has brought in thousands of immigrants from "shithole" countries. More from Syria than LA and NYC combined.

We've had no crime and no problems from our immigrant community other than a few hate crimes committed by hate-mongering Trumplandian assholes against them. They have proven themselves to be hard workers. Several have opened successful, amazing restaurants and other interesting shops and businesses.

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

There are no short term solutions to the shit-hole countries, with or without our help. Stop trying to pretend that importing all of them here is one, because once they all get in, we will all be living in a shit hole.

Left Wingers (Democrats) in the U.S.A often put Guatemalan Illegals first, Right Wingers (Republicans) in the U.S.A often put Corporations first, who those corporations often hire Guatemalan illegals, anyways.

Talk about dysfunctional politics...........

Last edited:

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

Left Wingers (Democrats) in the U.S.A often put Guatemalan Illegals first, Right Wingers (Republicans) in the U.S.A often put Corporations first, who those corporations often hire Guatemalan illegals, anyways.

First for what? Welfare as we currently know it? Unemployment compensation? what?

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

First for what? Welfare as we currently know it? Unemployment compensation? what?

For years Guatemalan illegals in Brewster, NY could stand out all day "Loitering" now how long would they tolerate White guys doing the same?

Note that they also usually don't owe, or pay income tax.

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

For years Guatemalan illegals in Brewster, NY could stand out all day "Loitering" now how long would they tolerate White guys doing the same?

How much trouble are they causing?

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage means more people will be paying taxes and creating demand.

Why am I not surprised?

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage means more people will be paying taxes and creating demand.

How do non-Union illegal Guatemalans working below minimum wage, help minimum wages, or help Union's?

How do non-Union illegal Guatemalans working below minimum wage, help minimum wages, or help Union's?
a statutory minimum wage is still the law; only illegals have a problem with.

They'd only hire more illegals, and less Americans if the minimum wage increases.

Really, we should be arresting the employers of illegals...

As a member of the left, no - I don't want to ignore millions of of illegal immigrants. I DO want us to do OUR SHARE in alleviating the world's refugee crisis PARTICULARLY in those countries where we played a part in their demise.

I want illegal immigrants to be treated with the same basic human dignity and rights as any other person in America. That means if they are begging for asylum, they get their hearings, without having their children ripped away and thrown into foster care. It's nothing more than than behaving like a civilized country.

I don't see why that is so abhorrant to you.

Sentence 1: contrary to rightwing mythology, immigrants don't come here for welfare. They come here to work, to try and make a better life than they left. Most work. At crap jobs.

Sentence 2: So what? Immigrants have a lower rate of crime than native born Americans. They are also more likely to be victimized.

Sentence 3: We were all foreigners once...

What diminishing quality of life and what evidence do you have that it is caused by "foreigners"?

I addressed your points.

One of the often repeated statements from the left is the need for fairness.
Despite all arguments to the contrary ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS represent actions and attitudes which are inherently UNFAIR to the more than 6 million people each year who apply for immigrant visas and wait to legally enter the US. Tens of millions of applicants, many who have been waiting years continue to wait while illegals jump the line.
Can the left truly claim that illegals are more deserving than the millions worldwide who have done everything asked of them and followed the law?

So...speaking of fairness. Why is there such a bottleneck with LEGAL immigration?

Latinos are already much better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans were when they arrived in large numbers. Indeed, Latin American culture has made a such a deep imprint on the United States that it might fairly be considered a constitutive element of American culture as whole.

How do they figure that Latinos are better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans "Were:" back when?

Between 1/4th - 1/3rd of Texas speaks Spanish as their first language.

I can't remember when that concentration of New York spoke Italian as their first language, do you?

As for Irish it's pretty ridiculous to even include them, Irish were integrated to English culture on arrival.

Irish people in Ireland it's self almost all speak English first, and furthermore they eat similar foods like Bangers, and Mash, or Fish, and Chips, and Lamb Chops.

I fail to see how Irish people could possibly be less integrated than Texas Mexicans are?
Please do enlighten us on this ridiculous theory.

Spanish once WAS the primary language of Texas. What's your point? Spanish is as much a part of American culture and heritage as English.

They'd only hire more illegals, and less Americans if the minimum wage increases.

why do you believe that? a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage puts an upward pressure on wages.

One of the often repeated statements from the left is the need for fairness.
Despite all arguments to the contrary ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS represent actions and attitudes which are inherently UNFAIR to the more than 6 million people each year who apply for immigrant visas and wait to legally enter the US. Tens of millions of applicants, many who have been waiting years continue to wait while illegals jump the line.
Can the left truly claim that illegals are more deserving than the millions worldwide who have done everything asked of them and followed the law?

So...speaking of fairness. Why is there such a bottleneck with LEGAL immigration?

Latinos are already much better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans were when they arrived in large numbers. Indeed, Latin American culture has made a such a deep imprint on the United States that it might fairly be considered a constitutive element of American culture as whole.

How do they figure that Latinos are better integrated than Irish, Italians, or Germans "Were:" back when?

I can't remember when that concentration of New York spoke Italian as their first language, do you?

As for Irish it's pretty ridiculous to even include them, Irish were integrated to English culture on arrival.

Irish people in Ireland it's self almost all speak English first, and furthermore they eat similar foods like Bangers, and Mash, or Fish, and Chips, and Lamb Chops.

I fail to see how Irish people could possibly be less integrated than Texas Mexicans are?

Spanish once WAS the primary language of Texas. What's your point?

Just before the war Texas already was more Anglo, than Mex, a trend that continued until well about now.....

But, Mexicans aren't only in the South-West, cities like New York, and Chicago among other cities far outside the South-West are also well onto becoming large Mexican populated cities.

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

How do you know they are illegals?

why do you believe that? a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage puts an upward pressure on wages.

The businesses won't want to pay more, duh.

So, they'll pay more illegals under the table, that's more American workers kicked to the curb, and less tax-base.

Why am I not surprised?

How do you know they are illegals?

A lot of Guatemalans moved into Brewster around the year 2000, some earlier, some later, some of them may have come legally, but obviously that's not the case for many..

Just before the war Texas already was more Anglo, than Mex, a trend that continued until well about now.....

But, Mexicans aren't only in the South-West, cities like New York, and Chicago among other cities far outside the South-West are also well onto becoming large Mexican populated cities.
let's end our drug war and help them build new cities over there, on a for-profit basis.

Obviously the trend isn't - because there are still many spanish speakers in Texas, lots of towns, landmarks etc are named in spanish, the cuisine has a heavy Mexican influence. Many long time residents of those areas speak both English and Spanish. I don't see any problems there nor do I see any problems with acknowledging the role Spanish plays in our country's collective heritage.

let's end our drug war and help them build new cities over there, on a for-profit basis.

Because legalizing hard drugs will surely turn out great. (Rolls eyes)

Stop Being Afraid

Why am I not surprised?

I think Republicans and Democrats are both hurting Americans in different ways.

Because legalizing hard drugs will surely turn out great. (Rolls eyes)
cognitive dissonance, thy name is right wingers.

don't believe in Individual Responsibility or Capitalism?

Forum List

Back