President Trump selects Jeff Sessions for Attorney General...next step: Lock Her Up!

And Strom Thurmond... why do you seem to leave him out? So how many on the committee were Democrat and how many were Republican? I know Joe Biden was one, and Ted Kennedy was one...

Democrats had enough members in the Senate to filibuster his nomination. That's all that matters.

Haha, always a spin.

On June 5, 1986, the Committee voted 10–8 against recommending the nomination to the Senate floor, with Republican Senators Charles Mathias of Maryland and Arlen Specter ofPennsylvania voting with the Democrats. It then split 9–9 on a vote to send Sessions' nomination to the Senate floor with no recommendation, this time with Specter in support. A majority was required for the nomination to proceed.[25] The pivotal votes against Sessions came from his home state's Democratic Senator Howell Heflin of Alabama. Although Heflin had previously backed Sessions, he began to oppose Sessions after hearing testimony, concluding that there were "reasonable doubts" over Sessions' ability to be "fair and impartial." The nomination was withdrawn on July 31, 1986.[15]

Sessions became only the second nominee to the federal judiciary in 48 years whose nomination was killed by the Senate Judiciary Committee.[19]

Jeff Sessions - Wikipedia

The bolded area should tell you something.

A couple of spineless Northeast RINO Republicans voted against him. Big surprise there.

Ah... another excuse. Keep on going.

"Excuse" for what, Democrat smear campaigns?

It's those terrible Democrats! Oh... and those stupid RINO Republicans... what's next? The janitor of the Senate locked some of the good Republicans in a mop closet so they couldn't vote for him! Yeah yeah! That's the ticket!

th

Hey derp derp... read the comments again. I wasn't talking about Trump's tape. I was talking about Sessions being asked if it was sexual assault to grab a woman by the pussy.
Here's Sessions' comment

“I don’t characterize that as sexual assault,” Sessions told The Weekly Standard in the spin room after Sunday night’s presidential debate. “I think that’s a stretch. I don’t know what he meant.”

He's obviously talking about Trump's comment, not the act of grabbing a woman's pussy.

How convenient you left out the question,

TWS: So if you grab a woman by the genitals, that’s not sexual assault?

SESSIONS: I don’t know. It’s not clear that he—how that would occur.

Trump Idiots: Really, Is ‘Grabbing Them By The Pussy’ Even *Wrong*?

It doesn't matter what the question is. His answer refers to the actual statement Trump made.

And anyone with two cents will tell you that Trump was referring to using his money and power to force women into "letting" him do it. That's not real consent. Ask Fox News how well that works out.

ROFL! You mean the fact that women are attracted to money and power makes Trump guilty of sexual assault?

You see what I mean about being a douche bag?

Attracted to money and power? You mean intimidated by money and power? Again, ask Fox News how that worked out for them.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em, and both Sessions and Bannon have some racist attitudes in their pasts.

LOL! Sure they do.

You should read this.

You Are Still Crying Wolf
Good article. Like I said, I think we have to look at what Session has said and done since 1986, to be fair. Bannon is another story. If Dems have been crying wolf, what is actually happening is that now that there is a real concern in the room, no one is listening. Trump will have who he likes, and there's no stopping him. But it is not empty bellyaching when it comes to that guy.
Bullshit. The attacks on Bannon are utterly baseless. There isn't a hint of anti-Semitism in his history.
Didn't say there was. I have SEEN the articles on HIS website and don't tell me he's not responsible. Misogynist, anti-Muslim, homophobic. Yes, the articles about extreme conservatism, I know those are there, too, and they're fine in my book. The articles bashing and disrespecting and even threatening entire groups belong in the trash. They belonged in the trash, where he could have put them. Instead, he gave them front page. He would not have done that if he felt they way I feel about Muslims, women, gays. He would have stopped the editors who included those articles. He would have made it known Breitbart didn't stand for that. Bannon didn't do those things.
Your mischaracterizing the articles, of course. Attacking radical feminists doesn't make you a "misogynist." Milo Yiannopoulos, whom Bannon hired, is notoriously gay. He's also Jewish.

The accusations against Bannon don't hold water.
Just one example, brought about because women complain about online stalking and harassment by sickos.

Here’s my suggestion to fix the gender wars online: Women should just log off. Given that men built the internet, along with the rest of modern civilisation, I think it’s only fair that they get to keep it. And given what a miserable time women are having on the web, surely they would welcome an abrupt exit. They could go back to bridge tournaments, or wellness workshops, or swapping apple crumble recipes, or whatever it is women do in their spare time.

I, Donald Trump and the rest of the alpha males will continue to dominate the internet without feminist whining. It will be fun! Like a big fraternity, with jokes and memes and no more worrying about whether an off-colour but harmless remark will suddenly torpedo your career.

Why Women Should Leave The Internet

LOL! Sure they do.

You should read this.

You Are Still Crying Wolf
Good article. Like I said, I think we have to look at what Session has said and done since 1986, to be fair. Bannon is another story. If Dems have been crying wolf, what is actually happening is that now that there is a real concern in the room, no one is listening. Trump will have who he likes, and there's no stopping him. But it is not empty bellyaching when it comes to that guy.
Bullshit. The attacks on Bannon are utterly baseless. There isn't a hint of anti-Semitism in his history.
Didn't say there was. I have SEEN the articles on HIS website and don't tell me he's not responsible. Misogynist, anti-Muslim, homophobic. Yes, the articles about extreme conservatism, I know those are there, too, and they're fine in my book. The articles bashing and disrespecting and even threatening entire groups belong in the trash. They belonged in the trash, where he could have put them. Instead, he gave them front page. He would not have done that if he felt they way I feel about Muslims, women, gays. He would have stopped the editors who included those articles. He would have made it known Breitbart didn't stand for that. Bannon didn't do those things.
Your mischaracterizing the articles, of course. Attacking radical feminists doesn't make you a "misogynist." Milo Yiannopoulos, whom Bannon hired, is notoriously gay. He's also Jewish.

Just one example, brought about because women complain about online stalking and harassment by sickos.

Here’s my suggestion to fix the gender wars online: Women should just log off. Given that men built the internet, along with the rest of modern civilisation, I think it’s only fair that they get to keep it. And given what a miserable time women are having on the web, surely they would welcome an abrupt exit. They could go back to bridge tournaments, or wellness workshops, or swapping apple crumble recipes, or whatever it is women do in their spare time.

I, Donald Trump and the rest of the alpha males will continue to dominate the internet without feminist whining. It will be fun! Like a big fraternity, with jokes and memes and no more worrying about whether an off-colour but harmless remark will suddenly torpedo your career.

That's hyperbole. It's not serious. Furthermore, Milo Yiannopoulos is the author. He's a Jew and a homosexual. You must be anti gay and antisemitic since you attack him.

That's hyperbole. It's not serious. Furthermore, Milo Yiannopoulos is the author. He's a Jew and a homosexual. You must be anti gay and antisemitic since you attack him.
You're right, it was meant to be amusing, but only to men. He meant it.

You're right, it was meant to be amusing, but only to men. He meant it.

Horseshit.

Why don't you grow up, bigot. Sessions was denied a position as a federal judge 30 years ago because he is a racist, pure and simple.

I never heard anybody in the Democratic Party criticize Robert Byrd's past all those years he sat in the Senate and he actually WAS a member of the KKK.

Maybe because Byrd showed remorse for his views and for what he did when he was younger, lightweight. Something Sessions has never done and never will. If you show remorse, most Americans will forgive you.

And if you read some of the comments that Sessions made when he was younger, it's quite obvious the man is a racist.

He got a pass because he was a Democrat, and for no other reason. The Republicans douche bags like you attack never held such views. You attack them because they are Republicans.

No, shit-for-brains. Byrd is forgiven because he apologized and he demonstrated over the years that he changed his ways. Surely he even an unsophisticated lump of Repug shit such as yourself can understand that. Who am I kidding? Of course you can't.

No Republican would ever be given the chance to apologize. Right now you douche bags are attacking Sessions even though he's never belonged to any such organizations and even though he's never done or said anything racist.

How is someone "given a chance to apologize", you idiot? Either you apologize or you don't. Repugs simply don't apologize because they are immoral, evil assholes. Just like you. Repugs are incapable of admitting any wrong doing because they never think they do anything wrong. If Sessions ever had a "come to Jesus" moment, then he would quickly renounce his membership in the Repug Party. He would quickly understand that the Repug Party is no place for decent, moral individuals.

Sessions has said racist things, which is why he didn't get the federal judge position. You whine about Dems denying him the position, yet Sessions was only the 2nd person in 50 years to be denied such a position by Congress. Even for a total fucking imbecile such as you, that should be a red flag.

You're not in a position to judge whether or not Sessions said anything racist, because YOU are a racist little Repug fuckhole. You're incapable of recognizing your own kind. At least Sessions is a fairly intelligent racist. You're the dumber than shit, unremarkable, unsophisticated goober variety of Repug racist.

If white supremacy is so bad, why do all the non-whites want to move to the places whites created and whites dominate? Why do they choose to live under white supremacy?
There is something seriously wrong with you

In an article titled “It’s like Christmas,” Anglin wrote “honestly, I didn’t even expect this to all come together so beautifully. It’s like we’re going to get absolutely everything we wanted…Basically, we are looking at a Daily Stormer Dream Team in the Trump administration.”

It’s Like Christmas: Sessions for AG, Gen Flynn as National Security Advisor

Blacks had a similar line of thought when Obama was elected 8 years ago.

Somehow, even with him in charge, race relations worsened
Dont you understand why it seems that race relations worsened? Think... when else were race relations really bad, when did they spike? During the civil Right she movement... when all the crap was brought to the surface.

Ummmm, the Beer Summit, when Obama intervened in a local problem?

Or...

Ferguson?

Maybe Baltimore, when the Mayor basically said , 'Go ahead, burn it down'.

and Obama and Holder etc did little, if ANYTHING to lower the tensions?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-attorney-general.html?_r=0
As I sit on the veranda enjoying my mint juleps before the LSU- Florida engagement...I cannot help but be flushed with pride at the nomination of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the III as head of the Justice Department. I noticed he was 22 in 1968...leading me to believe he cast a proper ballot that year. The Justice Department has become a political and ideological tool of the looney left. Time for a change...indeed.

There are two possibilities.

1. Sessions actually is a decent and patriotic American
2. Sessions is another Zionist Traitor who will sell Americans out whenever Bibi tells him to...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-attorney-general.html?_r=0
As I sit on the veranda enjoying my mint juleps before the LSU- Florida engagement...I cannot help but be flushed with pride at the nomination of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the III as head of the Justice Department. I noticed he was 22 in 1968...leading me to believe he cast a proper ballot that year. The Justice Department has become a political and ideological tool of the looney left. Time for a change...indeed.
We got the Justice Department...now let's see Ferguson get uppity.

Forum List

Back