Prosecute me Lynch, I DARE YOU.

So, why weren't some BLM members arrested and charged after directly calling for the killing of cops and whites? As usual, the administration is being selective.

Who did that? I think you are exhibiting the typical nutbag tendency to treat rumor and bullshit as fact.
Members of the #FYF911 or #FukYoFlag and #BlackLivesMatter movements called for the lynching and hanging of white people and cops. They encouraged others on a radio show Tuesday night to “turn the tide” and kill white people and cops to send a message about the killing of black people in America.

Black Activists Call for Lynching and Hanging of White People and Cops
Absolutely that guy should be prosecuted
So! Are you going to continue to insist BLM doesn't incite cop killing? OR would you be honest for once in your life?
That's a tough one. Outside of being black what did that guy have to do with blm? Blm being a movement, not an organization it's difficult to say that he is connected to anyone else. Certainly the leaders of the blm movement have not called for death or violence.
122213.jpg

Nope, you're wrong. The founders included hate speech as protected speech. It becomes subjective when one tries to pinpoint an area of speech that they don't like. The founders knew this. Bigoted racist people such as lynch dont like it when people speak out.
Inciting violence is not protected speech

If that's true, why weren't blm, Ferguson instigators, farrakhan arrested?
It's a tough charge to prove - a very high legal bar
Blm isnt a person. I dont care if the others are prosecuted

Of course it's tough to prove. It's subjective. It's exactly why lynch is wrong.
Wrong about what?

Who did that? I think you are exhibiting the typical nutbag tendency to treat rumor and bullshit as fact.
Members of the #FYF911 or #FukYoFlag and #BlackLivesMatter movements called for the lynching and hanging of white people and cops. They encouraged others on a radio show Tuesday night to “turn the tide” and kill white people and cops to send a message about the killing of black people in America.

So! Are you going to continue to insist BLM doesn't incite cop killing? OR would you be honest for once in your life?
That's a tough one. Outside of being black what did that guy have to do with blm? Blm being a movement, not an organization it's difficult to say that he is connected to anyone else. Certainly the leaders of the blm movement have not called for death or violence.
122213.jpg
Individuals can be charged. Not movements.

Inciting and 'edging toward' are not the same at all. Can you show me an example of 'edging toward' since you seem to be in support of this, therefore you must understand it. Thanks
I think it's clear that she meant inciting in that quote
'Edging toward' is not the same as committing an act. How are the enforcers going to determine who has 'edged toward' and at what point they have done so? The terminology is so vague it gives carte Blanche for those enforcing it to make it up as they go along. Why are you happy with that?
She is talking about speech that edges, or moves towards violence -that's incitement.

She is not talking about speech that 'edges' towards incitement
So, at what point does speech 'edge toward' violence?
incite
So at what point is someone 'edging toward' that?

122213.jpg
Oh FUCK I give up. You are hopeless.

I think it's clear that she meant inciting in that quote
'Edging toward' is not the same as committing an act. How are the enforcers going to determine who has 'edged toward' and at what point they have done so? The terminology is so vague it gives carte Blanche for those enforcing it to make it up as they go along. Why are you happy with that?
She is talking about speech that edges, or moves towards violence -that's incitement.

incite
Speech edging towards violence is incitement
I understand that you don't want that to be the explanation but i can't make it clearer

Nope, you're wrong. The founders included hate speech as protected speech. It becomes subjective when one tries to pinpoint an area of speech that they don't like. The founders knew this. Bigoted racist people such as lynch dont like it when people speak out.

Of course it's tough to prove. It's subjective. It's exactly why lynch is wrong.
Wrong about what?

Shes placing limitations on speech. One could go out and say they hate a certain group and be arrested. She could easily interpret that as being subjective and saying that hate could lead to violence, therefore, that person should be arrested. That's what lynch wants to do. She's wrong.

122213.jpg

Arguing with liberals = waste of time.

Dept. of Justice to Go After Anti-Muslim Hate Speech
U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged that the Department of Justice will go after hate speech that might incite violence against the Muslim community, she told a crowd of Muslim-Americans and supporters Thursday night.

“Obviously this is a country that is based on free speech,” Lynch told the audience at the Muslim Advocates dinner in Arlington, VA. “But when that edges towards violence…we will take action.”

Muslim Advocates, a legal advocacy group, asked Lynch to address concerns about an uptick in anti-Muslim rhetoric and hate crimes.

Since 9/11, Lynch says that the Department of Justice has investigated more than 11,000 acts of anti-Muslim rhetoric, which have led to 45 prosecutions. “I think sadly, that number is going to rise,” said Lynch.

122213.jpg
I'm hopeless? You want to charge a movement with incitement. The only example you can give - and i do think it's valid - is of a podcast that nobody has ever heard of.
If you want more people to be charged, you'll neex more examples

Wrong about what?

Shes placing limitations on speech. One could go out and say they hate a certain group and be arrested. She could easily interpret that as being subjective and saying that hate could lead to violence, therefore, that person should be arrested. That's what lynch wants to do. She's wrong.

not only free speech but speech directed at a religion

these anti american scum bags

what right does the left not want to rid

incite
Speech edging towards violence is incitement
I understand that you don't want that to be the explanation but i can't make it clearer
You can't make it clearer because you don't know what 'edging toward' means and where the (clearly arbitrary) line will be drawn. People are going to prosecuted on the basis of a nonsense vague term that can mean anything to anyone. You should be concerned about. Maybe the reason you aren't is because it is only to apply to people talking about Muslims. Anyway, again, give me an example of 'edging toward' in this context.

Wrong about what?

Shes placing limitations on speech.
no, she isn't.
One could go out and say they hate a certain group and be arrested.
no, they couldn't
could easily interpret that as being subjective and saying that hate could lead to violence, therefore, that person should be arrested. That's what lynch wants to do. She's wrong.
you are imaginative

122213.jpg

Yeah, pol pot, mao, charged people based on your criteria.

Wrong about what?

You have a problem with incitement laws?

Lynch only said that those who did would be prosecuted, so what's the beef? Where's the overstep?

So, why weren't some BLM members arrested and charged after directly calling for the killing of cops and whites? As usual, the administration is being selective.

1) These people were not "members of BLM".

2) Do you know that they were not investigated?

Wrong about what?

yes are you the fuck not responsible for your own actions you dumbass

122213.jpg

Yeah, pol pot, mao, charged people based on your criteria.
No, they didn't. They did not have to meet the high legal standards for incitement.

Lynch only said that those who did would be prosecuted, so what's the beef? Where's the overstep?

sure the mobs that chanted

"fuck the police

Assuming mobs did chant "Fuck the police", is that the same as advocating violence against cops?

No. No it isn't.

Wrong about what?

yes are the fuck not responsible for your own actions you dumbass
I can respect that position. How do you feel about sedition laws?

Forum List

Back