Protest at the Inaurguration

Is it legal to protest at the inaurguration?

• yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • don't know

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
so protesting there would just be signs and rude crap only.
Does anyone know if it's legal to protest at a Presidential inauguration? I know there's no specific law against it, but will the police/Secret Service arrest you if you hold up a placard saying "Biden swindled the election," that he's not the legitimate president?
You definitely will not be able to take your weapons unless you are planning to lose it, spend jail time and get on a list with DHS and the other alphabet agencies, Probably be a waste of travel expense.

Who is talking about bringing weapons? DC's laws prevent that without the Secret Service being involved.
Bringing weapons to protests is all the rage now with the right wing trump cult these days. It makes them feel good. Was just making sure the Britpat finger flinging kid was aware, it would be a bad idea.

He never brought it up, you just tried to equate bringing a sign saying Biden sucks to bringing an uzi.

Dishonest as usual from you.
No I plainly said " so protesting there would just be signs and rude crap only. " I also told him to " Have fun then and protest your butt off there. Peaceful protest is your right. " I've no problem with him waving little sign or trying to lead slogan chanting. He can lay down in the street like a speed bump to block traffic if he chooses. I will watch on TV.

Does anyone know if it's legal to protest at a Presidential inauguration? I know there's no specific law against it, but will the police/Secret Service arrest you if you hold up a placard saying "Biden swindled the election," that he's not the legitimate president?

Why don't you fucking go down to the inauguration and do just that, snowflake. Biden won't give a shit, he doesn't encourage his supporters to "take him out on a gurney, I'll pay your legal fees".

He doesn't have to, hard left protesters default to violence.

Yeah, they show up with AR-15s and ammo hanging over their shoulders, don't they asshat?

The DC police will setup ridiculous rules shunting any protest as far from the inauguration as possible. They will use COVID regulations as an excuse, and will suppress any deviation from said rules with far more ruthlessness than they did against the protesters at Trump's inauguration.

This will be despite the far more passive mindset that will be shown by the right wing protesters.

I marched in the protest of Nixon's second inauguration, which occurred in a more civilized era. The DC police and Capitol Police have a specific set of rules for setting up an inauguration to ensure security, including street closings, metal detectors, and more, which govern every presidential inauguration, regardless of the political party of the person being sworn in. Any protest probably will have to have a permit and will be confined to a certain area and march route. No protest is allowed to come anywhere close to the ceremonies. As there were when trump was inaugurated, there probably will be some arrests of those who get out of hand. A large police presence is guaranteed. I don't know what adjustments will be made to the routine because of the pandemic. or whether there will be the usual parade with the newly sworn president walking the route.

Dude, that was the fucking 70's, after lefty dinosaurs like you had already shot their load and resigned Vietnam to decades of communism.

You definitely will not be able to take your weapons unless you are planning to lose it, spend jail time and get on a list with DHS and the other alphabet agencies, Probably be a waste of travel expense.

Who is talking about bringing weapons? DC's laws prevent that without the Secret Service being involved.
Bringing weapons to protests is all the rage now with the right wing trump cult these days. It makes them feel good. Was just making sure the Britpat finger flinging kid was aware, it would be a bad idea.

He never brought it up, you just tried to equate bringing a sign saying Biden sucks to bringing an uzi.

No I plainly said " so protesting there would just be signs and rude crap only. " I also told him to " Have fun then and protest your butt off there. Peaceful protest is your right. " I've no problem with him waving little sign or trying to lead slogan chanting. He can lay down in the street like a speed bump to block traffic if he chooses. I will watch on TV.

Don't try to dodge, butt boy, we saw what you posted.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Why don't you fucking go down to the inauguration and do just that, snowflake. Biden won't give a shit, he doesn't encourage his supporters to "take him out on a gurney, I'll pay your legal fees".

He doesn't have to, hard left protesters default to violence.

Yeah, they show up with AR-15s and ammo hanging over their shoulders, don't they asshat?

Nah, they show up with bats, and rebar, and bricks, and improvised incendiary and explosive devices, and shields and rocks.

The thing is they show up with that stuff because they show up intending to use it, thinking that if they keep it below the knife/firearm level they can get away with it.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK
I quoted what I posted to make sure you saw it. Glad you can read, ass wipe. To bad you cannot comprehend.

The DC police will setup ridiculous rules shunting any protest as far from the inauguration as possible. They will use COVID regulations as an excuse, and will suppress any deviation from said rules with far more ruthlessness than they did against the protesters at Trump's inauguration.

This will be despite the far more passive mindset that will be shown by the right wing protesters.

I marched in the protest of Nixon's second inauguration, which occurred in a more civilized era. The DC police and Capitol Police have a specific set of rules for setting up an inauguration to ensure security, including street closings, metal detectors, and more, which govern every presidential inauguration, regardless of the political party of the person being sworn in. Any protest probably will have to have a permit and will be confined to a certain area and march route. No protest is allowed to come anywhere close to the ceremonies. As there were when trump was inaugurated, there probably will be some arrests of those who get out of hand. A large police presence is guaranteed. I don't know what adjustments will be made to the routine because of the pandemic. or whether there will be the usual parade with the newly sworn president walking the route.

Dude, that was the fucking 70's, after lefty dinosaurs like you had already shot their load and resigned Vietnam to decades of communism.

All I was doing was explaining to the best of my knowledge what goes on in DC every four years, in response to a question, based on my own experience and contemporaneous local news reporting. I hope that nobody is out there thinking that they are going to march down Constitution Ave. to the Capitol. I assure you that the DC cops, the Capitol Police, and whomever their backups are will be there. I just know DC and can even tell you what streets downtown are one-way and which direction they go. You are quite thin-skinned, aren't you? Do you often have this urge to insult people for nothing?

Don't know why it wouldn't be.

Crass and uncouth, but probably not illegal.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK
I quoted what I posted to make sure you saw it. Glad you can read, ass wipe. To bad you cannot comprehend.

You tried a false association, and got caught. own it you fucking hack.

I thought they were doing a virtual inauguration

All I was doing was explaining to the best of my knowledge what goes on in DC every four years, in response to a question, based on my own experience and contemporaneous local news reporting. I hope that nobody is out there thinking that they are going to march down Constitution Ave. to the Capitol. I assure you that the DC cops, the Capitol Police, and whomever their backups are will be there. I just know DC and can even tell you what streets downtown are one-way and which direction they go. You are quite thin-skinned, aren't you? Do you often have this urge to insult people for nothing?

No, just assholes like you.

In that case, I think no Republicans should attend. No Senators, no Congressmen, no Trump administration officials.
Joe Biden is not my president

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Give me the paragraph you think I made a false association. I try you on dipshit, but will not debate myself.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Give me the paragraph you think I made a false association. I try you on dipshit, but will not debate myself.

Post 64, you were the one who brought up bringing weapons, the person you were responding to was only talking about a sign saying Biden sucks or such.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Not a false association at all. I just plainly stated " You definitely will not be able to take your weapons unless you are planning to lose it, spend jail time and get on a list with DHS and the other alphabet agencies, so protesting there would just be signs and rude crap only. Probably be a waste of travel expense."

I don't care if he wants to carry a sign and said so. It has just gotten so right wing trump supporters like to also carry their AR-15s to protests. Think of it a safety brief, covering the bases.
He later posted in favor of bring weapons to protests (although not to an inaugural protest), yet you have been bitching about it for him (or for your own edification) since 1:22 PM. I really do not care, personally. I bet the DC people can deal with whatever may or may not come up just fine and are used to inaugural protests at every inaugural. Get a life, dude.

If you're allowed to carry a placard that says "They Don't Want You to Know the Earth is Flat", I'm sure you can carry one with your batshit too.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Not a false association at all. I just plainly stated " You definitely will not be able to take your weapons unless you are planning to lose it, spend jail time and get on a list with DHS and the other alphabet agencies, so protesting there would just be signs and rude crap only. Probably be a waste of travel expense."

I don't care if he wants to carry a sign and said so. It has just gotten so right wing trump supporters like to also carry their AR-15s to protests. Think of it a safety brief, covering the bases.
He later posted in favor of bring weapons to protests (although not to an inaugural protest), yet you have been bitching about it for him (or for your own edification) since 1:22 PM. I really do not care, personally. I bet the DC people can deal with whatever may or may not come up just fine and are used to inaugural protests at every inaugural. Get a life, dude.

Bullshit. you brought up firearms out of nowhere for some inane reason.

A few RKBA protests, and given the actual violence done by anti-fa types, I am not surprised. Also at those protests no one gets shot.

Stop trying to weasel your way out of this, you poseur hack.

HAAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Bullshit. you brought up firearms out of nowhere for some inane reason.

A few RKBA protests, and given the actual violence done by anti-fa types, I am not surprised. Also at those protests no one gets shot.

Stop trying to weasel your way out of this, you poseur hack.
Look dipshit, I gave you your reply. I have no problem bringing up firearms when talking about protests. Like it or not, the nut ball right has made it a staple of their side of the protest movement in the year 2020 and I do not expect it to change in the year 2021. Five years ago, who would have thought nut ball right wing in Michigan would protest at their state capital, looking like armed for Armageddon? They apparently allow that at the state capital in Michigan. I just cautioned against trying to pull that crap in response to a protest at the inaugural. I don't think those people in charge will go along with it, as I never knew them to be able to take a joke. If you don't like it, go piss up a rope.

Forum List

Back