Proud to be an American? Not so much anymore.

This is truly sad....And a visible outcome of our public education system...

I believe that every HS student should be required to pass the same citizenship test an immigrant has to take to become a citizen...

When 35% of our country support a psychopath named Trump who tried to overthrow an election and is still attacking elections simply because he didn't like the outcome, it gets tougher to be proud of it. If he is unsuccessful at this attempt of a fascist takeover, I will be very proud that our system held.

Your rant seems to single out public education.
Are you suggesting that Private Schools require this ^^^^^ but Public Schools don't?

Are Civics Classes taught in Private School but NOT in Public School?
View attachment 801285
Don't know where your quote is from, because you fail to provide the link....However, I'd say that both public and private schools have civics classes, however, according to the NEA, "Only 25 percent of U.S. students reach the “proficient” standard on the NAEP Civics Assessment. " And they add that stat with a 'could care less' about it.....Why do you think that is?

When 35% of our country support a psychopath named Trump who tried to overthrow an election and is still attacking elections simply because he didn't like the outcome, it gets tougher to be proud of it. If he is unsuccessful at this attempt of a fascist takeover, I will be very proud that our system held.

In other words, just more partisan nothing post.

I can see why the fascists here are so upset. "Love it or leave it" was their selling point, a justification for brownshirt violence. And now they've lost that.

On the plus side for them, it does give them an excuse to whine and proclaim their victimhood, as you saw them do here.
You're typical of the problem.

Don't know where your quote is from, because you fail to provide the link....However, I'd say that both public and private schools have civics classes, however, according to the NEA, "Only 25 percent of U.S. students reach the “proficient” standard on the NAEP Civics Assessment. " And they add that stat with a 'could care less' about it.....Why do you think that is?
And what was this percentage 40 years ago? 20 years ago?

You require a link to my google search.
Here it is.

https://ednote.ecs.org/just-exactly-what-is-civic-education/#:~:text=The%20purpose%20of%20civics%20education,do%20with%20preserving%20our%20democracy.

Where is your link?
You want me to provide a link, then you fail to provide a link in the exact same message.

Helping is a good idea.

I support candidates who will defend the constitution, not attack it because they can't handle losing an election, like Trump did.

I will be helping to register voters, and I will be volunteering to be a poll watcher in the next election.

Then you shouldn't be voting for Biden since last week SCOTUS ruled he's violated the Constitution

Forum List

Back