Put Up, or Shut Up; What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

I'd defer and invest the income

I wasn't talking about income.

Financial gain is income is revenue which is handled (tax wise) in differing ways depending on how the gain was achieved. It's all IRS rules.

Financial gain is income is revenue which is handled (tax wise) in differing ways depending on how the gain was achieved.

What does gain have to do with it?
You said, business revenue was the same as income.

Financial gain, business revenue, and income are all the same, just handled differently under IRS rules.

Sure they are. Revenue comes in at the register and income comes in your check. Same thing.

Revenue comes in at the register

And yet, revenue at the register is not business income.

Different things.

Revenue at the register is income. It's an IRS rule. Revenue is treated differently than income. Businesses can deduct the cost of business where typical employees can't.

Revenue at the register is income. It's an IRS rule.

Show me where the IRS says that.

Revenue is treated differently than income.

Only because it is different.

Excellent! Glad I could help you correct your error.

At least your signature is fairly accurate in the sense that you are a fucking idiot when it comes to math. 39.6 is well below the mean and median the last 80 years. If you can't tell by looking at the above numbers, you are too stupid to have a conversation with.

39.6 is well below the mean and median the last 80 years.

Who said the mean or the median was the same as historically low?

Oh, right, the fucking idiot. LOL!

None of which matters. The effective rate is the only real number. If the government leaves the current tax code, they can raise the highest rate to 75% and I'll still pay only 4% effective. It's one of the perks of being rich, and you voted for the guys that made that possible. Thank You!

Last edited:
Revenue comes in at the register

And yet, revenue at the register is not business income.

Different things.

Revenue at the register is income. It's an IRS rule. Revenue is treated differently than income. Businesses can deduct the cost of business where typical employees can't.

Pull up a corporate tax form.

Because costs of revenue are deductible.

Gains, revenue, and income are the same thing.

At least your signature is fairly accurate in the sense that you are a fucking idiot when it comes to math. 39.6 is well below the mean and median the last 80 years. If you can't tell by looking at the above numbers, you are too stupid to have a conversation with.

None of which matters. The effective rate is the only real number. If the government leaves the current tax code along, they can raise the highest rate to 75% and I'll still pay only 4% effective. It's one of the perks of being rich, and you voted for the guys that made that possible. Thank You!

I'll still pay only 4% effective

You bought $11,000 in stock a few years ago.
You sold it for $15,000 last year.
You paid $600 on your $4,000 gain.

That doesn't mean $600/$15000 makes your effective rate 4%.

None of which matters. The effective rate is the only real number. If the government leaves the current tax code along, they can raise the highest rate to 75% and I'll still pay only 4% effective. It's one of the perks of being rich, and you voted for the guys that made that possible. Thank You!

No, because I paid tax on or deferred the $11k which will make the $4k taxable which I'll deffer tax.

Good thing your not rich, you seem to be confused.

6edmdh.jpg

Last edited:

Pull up a corporate tax form.

Because costs of revenue are deductible.

Yes, that's why they are different.

Gains, revenue, and income are the same thing.

Sorry, not even close.

No, because I paid tax on or deferred the $11k which will make the $4k taxable which I'll deffer tax.

No, because I paid tax on or deferred the $11k

You deferred the $11k of stock you bought? Deferred it from what?

which will make the $4k taxable

Yes, realized capital gains are taxable.

which I'll deffer tax.

You'll defer realized capital gains taxes? You seem to be confused.

No, because I paid tax on or deferred the $11k

You deferred the $11k of stock you bought? Deferred it from what?

which will make the $4k taxable

Yes, realized capital gains are taxable.

which I'll deffer tax.

You'll defer realized capital gains taxes? You seem to be confused.

Sure

None of which matters. The effective rate is the only real number. If the government leaves the current tax code, they can raise the highest rate to 75% and I'll still pay only 4% effective. It's one of the perks of being rich, and you voted for the guys that made that possible. Thank You!

So did you moron. The Democrats have written most of the tax code and the SEC rules and surprise surprise Congress is exempt from insider trading laws. You are nothing but a partisan hack......who gives clowns a bad name.

We all know what the republicans are offering the middle class. Where have you been? They have made it clear that it is necessary to draw voters from anywhere they can to achieve their goal. They will wine, dine and romance anyone they have a chance of getting a vote from. As honesty and ethics are not a strong point for them their promises they will be making can not be taken as being a goal as the only goal I have heard from them is, "It our way or no way". You can vote for them because of the promises they make; but don't expect anything in return for it is going to cost you. "It's our way nor no way."
Have you heard anything constructive come from them in the past 5 years? Other than letting the world know they hate President Obama and spend all their time attempting to destroy him not much is said.
"We want to see your birth certificate." is still going on. They tell us that the first step for immigration reform will be securing the borders. I want to see them propose a Bill for reform and funding the process.
How many times have you heard our Honorable Speaker of the House say we have reached an agreement and loose out when a vote is taken. Impeach his President Obama? We should be asking if these people that have taken the job of representing the taking care of running the government should be impeached for not doing their job.
I do not like some of the things President Obama has done; I just won't hate him for doing them. I just dislike extremism and I do not feel it can ever be constructive regardless of which side it comes from. There really isn't much difference between right extremists and left extremists, I'm right and your wrong. I can not consider backing down even the slightest amount because that id failing.

You're just a complete and utter asshole aren't you? You have no substance to your argument, so you pick fights by twisting peoples quotes.

My exact quote was "at historically low levels". Which is EXACTLY what they are.

I've wasted enough time on this loser.

Historically low would be 28%, like in 1988.

Or the 25% rate, like in the 1920s.

Or the original 7% rate.

Instead of inaccurately whining about Bush cutting rates to "historically low levels", why don't you just say that Bush cut the top rate from 39.6% all the way down to 35%?

That way everyone can see exactly what he did and I won't have to make fun of your idiocy.

The last President to significantly close loopholes was Reagan. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/b...form-what-reagan-did.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Republicans and Democrats alike have added many loopholes. They need to be closed and remain closed and hypocrites like you need all your wealth confiscated and redistributed like you profess that you want to do, at least they would do what you claim you want to do.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

So did you moron. The Democrats have written most of the tax code and the SEC rules and surprise surprise Congress is exempt from insider trading laws. You are nothing but a partisan hack......who gives clowns a bad name.

No they didn't and no they aren't. If you want some real shockers, look back at the Reagan administration. Allowing insurance companies to gamble with their customers premiums in high risk is my favorite Republican fuck-up.

The last President to significantly close loopholes was Reagan. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/b...form-what-reagan-did.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Republicans and Democrats alike have added many loopholes. They need to be closed and remain closed and hypocrites like you need all your wealth confiscated and redistributed like you profess that you want to do, at least they would do what you claim you want to do.

Reagan raised taxes on the workers while giving more generous business deductions.

Reagan raised taxes on the workers while giving more generous business deductions.

So you don't know your history, of course history doesn't fit your narrative, so you will remain the ignorant hypocritical asshole you have always been.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Forum List

Back