Question for repubs: if abortion should be illegal, should it be illegal for a father to leave?

I know a man blowing his load requires no labored effort, but surely men must realize the consequences of such an action if a woman ends up pregnant and keeps the baby. If conservatives cared about personal responsibility, they would address this.

Personally i don't think a man should be legally obligated to stay, but I also support a woman's right to choose. Everybody wins with that compromise.

I think when it comes to "personal responsibility", male RWs will pontificate about it endlessly when it serves to self-righteously shame easy targets like single mothers on welfare. It just makes them feel better about their own insecurities I guess. When it comes to issues closer to home like a father's role in the child's life, they keep their mouths shut like the hypocritical cowards that they are.

That's no compromise, the 14th Amendment requires equal treatment under the law. If the woman has a right to terminate her parental responsibilities, the man should have the same right.
As long as abortion is legal, you and I agree.

Funny, not what you said in the OP.

I know a man blowing his load requires no labored effort, but surely men must realize the consequences of such an action if a woman ends up pregnant and keeps the baby. If conservatives cared about personal responsibility, they would address this.
So you're just ignoring the sentence when I said I don't believe a man should be legally obligated to stay so long as abortion is legal?

The point I was making in your bolded example is that conservatives shame abortion but don't at all acknowledge the problem of a mother raising a child on her own if the father cuts and runs. They don't at all shame a man for doing this. It's just easier for them to berate a single mother on SNAP.

Well that's just a lie, we've been talking about regressive policies destroying the family and about absentee fathers. You're just not listening.
Oh please. If you actually cared about that, you would be a sympathetic to a woman having the right to do what she wants her own body. That includes aborting a fetus.

As a young man, I concentrated on bar babes... I never took a woman to my place or told her my real name. I wasn't against abortion then because I didn't feel having bareback sex with a woman should make her my business partner for 21 years. This was the 60's, 70's, and early 80's.....nowadays you can contract diseases you could end up praying will kill you instead of years of suffering and bankruptcy when the insurance runs out. I wouldn't want to be a young man in this world...the good ol days are gone.

That's no compromise, the 14th Amendment requires equal treatment under the law. If the woman has a right to terminate her parental responsibilities, the man should have the same right.

So you're just ignoring the sentence when I said I don't believe a man should be legally obligated to stay so long as abortion is legal?

The point I was making in your bolded example is that conservatives shame abortion but don't at all acknowledge the problem of a mother raising a child on her own if the father cuts and runs. They don't at all shame a man for doing this. It's just easier for them to berate a single mother on SNAP.

Well that's just a lie, we've been talking about regressive policies destroying the family and about absentee fathers. You're just not listening.
Oh please. If you actually cared about that, you would be a sympathetic to a woman having the right to do what she wants her own body. That includes aborting a fetus.
You mean the baby....

With this issue it's best for the government to stay the fuck out

The life or death of the most innocent members of society isn't a public interest?
If the answer to your question is yes, Then it should be legal for parents to "abort" their children at any prior to adulthood if they so choose.

Why?
Because there would be no public interest to do so. It would be a private matter to be settled by the family -- if the answer to your queston is yes. It's axiomatic.

You're making no sense.
Not everyone is going to understand.

You mean the baby....
Do you know what a fetus is?

Who initiates the divorce more often, the wife or the husband?

Two-Thirds of the Time

It’s the wife who files for divorce in about two-thirds of divorce cases, at least among couples who have children. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the proportion has changed slightly over the years; for example, in 1975, approximately 72 percent of the divorces in the U.S. were filed by women, whereas by 1988, only about 65 percent were filed by women.

It usually the woman who throws in the towel in marriages involving children. They decide its easier to just steal their childrens, fathers money, without having to put in the effort of keeping themselves up, and putting out when they should...

Men get the short straw when it comes to pregnancy.
A woman can get pregnant have a child and abandon it with no expectation of support whereas a man will be hunted to the ends of the earth for support

So the only solution, Men, is to never trust a woman when it comes to birth control. If you don't see her take the pill every day and make sure it is actually a birth control pill then you better wear a condom at the very least

You mean the baby....
Do you know what a fetus is?
You mean baby?

image.jpeg

Personally i don't think a man should be legally obligated to stay, but I also support a woman's right to choose. Everybody wins with that compromise.

I think when it comes to "personal responsibility", male RWs will pontificate about it endlessly when it serves to self-righteously shame easy targets like single mothers on welfare. It just makes them feel better about their own insecurities I guess. When it comes to issues closer to home like a father's role in the child's life, they keep their mouths shut like the hypocritical cowards that they are.

most anti-choice activists are men. probably up to 80% of anti-choice activists. this isn't about "life" or anti-choice activists would be lobbying for readily available birth control and readily available heath care for pregnant women and the children who come from that pregnancy. they would be lobbying for education and job training programs and enhanced assistance programs of every type to encourage women to see the pregnancy to term. they would also have a significant adoption network for those who chose to see the pregnancy to term but could not care for a child.

they do none of these things. it is about "punishing the harlots". if you push any of these men far enough the only response is that they "should have thought about that before they had sex".

true story.

then they say..."well a man should have some say and if he says he doesn't want to be a father he shouldn't have to pay child support".

anyone who has ever dealt with issues of support in court can tell you that the argument that they told the woman not to have the child would be used in almost every case.

luckily, the recent decision of the Supreme Court in the Texas clinic case was the strongest pro-choice decision in ages and will hopefully put the issue to rest.

and for the uninformed, fetus mens pregnant as well but i guess ignorant trolls wouldn't understand that.

I'm a mega conservative as you know. I'm for free birth control. I would give you anything to prevent an abortion. I would say go fuck your brains out if thats your wish but please use protection. Just don't kill a baby.

most anti-choice activists are men. probably up to 80% of anti-choice activists. this isn't about "life" or anti-choice activists would be lobbying for readily available birth control and readily available heath care for pregnant women and the children who come from that pregnancy. they would be lobbying for education and job training programs and enhanced assistance programs of every type to encourage women to see the pregnancy to term. they would also have a significant adoption network for those who chose to see the pregnancy to term but could not care for a child.

they do none of these things. it is about "punishing the harlots". if you push any of these men far enough the only response is that they "should have thought about that before they had sex".

true story.

then they say..."well a man should have some say and if he says he doesn't want to be a father he shouldn't have to pay child support".

anyone who has ever dealt with issues of support in court can tell you that the argument that they told the woman not to have the child would be used in almost every case.

luckily, the recent decision of the Supreme Court in the Texas clinic case was the strongest pro-choice decision in ages and will hopefully put the issue to rest.

and for the uninformed, fetus mens pregnant as well but i guess ignorant trolls wouldn't understand that.
You mean anti-baby murder.....

I'm a mega conservative as you know. I'm for free birth control. I would give you anything to prevent an abortion. I would say go fuck your brains out if thats your wish but please use protection. Just don't kill a baby.

^^^^^^^^^^

another classless post from the drug-addled ijit.

if one reactionary loon like you thinks birth control should be free you are a rarity and should talk to the other reactionary loons about the GOP platform.

true story.

My heart breaks when I say this but I understand abortion. No woman except for the worst does this flippantly. We all know the heart beating inside of us. We all know it's a baby.

We all make a choice. This choice must stand. But I would like to see regulations within reason.Medical reasons.

^^^^^^^^^^

another classless post from the drug-addled ijit.

if one reactionary loon like you thinks birth control should be free you are a rarity and should talk to the other reactionary loons about the GOP platform.

I am that rarity. I guess you've missed the other threads I have been in begging for free birth control. For years Jillian.

For years. Anything but abortion. The scar it leaves on you lasts a lifetime. No woman should bear that burden if it could have been avoided in the first place.

true story.

My heart breaks when I say this but I understand abortion. No woman except for the worst does this flippantly. We all know the heart beating inside of us. We all know it's a baby.

We all make a choice. This choice must stand. But I would like to see regulations within reason.Medical reasons.
As a free society that established a construct of Liberty as free men, we hold doctors in a special position of making life and death decisions. I have absolutely no problem with doctors having this power and making madical decisions for both parties involved in this instance.

Don't let the fascist liberals define what you already know about our liberty...liberals will never understand Liberty....

Aborting her baby. One of the worst moments of a womans life.

true story.

As a free society that established a construct of Liberty as free men, we hold doctors in a special position of making life and death decisions. I have absolutely no problem with doctors having this power and making madical decisions for both parties involved in this instance.

Don't let the fascist liberals define what you already know about our liberty...liberals will never understand Liberty....

I think the best we can do is look at everyone as suspect and then invite all who pass to the best dinner we can give them :lol:

Aborting her baby. One of the worst moments of a womans life.
One of the worst moments in humanity...

Why don't BOTH parties use contraceptives in the first place to prevent unwanted pregnancies? It's certainly cheaper than the cost of an abortion - financially AND emotionally. Sex for the hell of it - the immediate satisfaction - is nothing more than fucking and where's the care, concern, love or romance in that? Whatever happened to self respect as well as respect for the other party?
The Liberal Democrats snuffed out such idealism...

One interesting thing I keep noticing whenever the topic of abortion comes up, is that the left likes to claim the right wants to tell women they cant have an abortion. I agree that there are some out there that do feel that way, but there are also democrats that would tell you the same.
The problem here is that the conservatives don't want public money being used to pay for abortion, in other words, pay for your own. I'm not sure where this equates to telling you that you cant have an abortion, I am only saying that I don't want any part of paying for it.
Making somebody pay for something is nowhere near the same as saying that the person in question is not allowed to have it.
I suppose by the liberals standards, the government is unfairly telling me that I am not legally allowed to own a 100ft yacht.

As far as the idiot poster that asked what I needed MY money for? Let me put it as simply as I possibly can in order to create some understanding here.
What I do with MY money that I EARN is really nobodies business but mine. Just like its none of my business what that poster does with their blistered yeast infested vagina as long as I'm not paying for it.

Forum List

Back