🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question for Trump supporters

Do you enjoy pro-wrestling?

• Total voters
The existence of kayfabe blows your analogy out of the water...Though Trump's bravado certainly is reminiscent of pro rasslin' promos -he's easily the Ric Flar of politics in that respect- the analogy otherwise doesn't work.
Work? In what way is it supposed to otherwise "work"?

If it were that you could prove that Trump is in fact in on the gag, you'd have a point....But he's not and you don't.

I'm not even proposing there's a gag.

Listen, you're jumping on the fake/real aspect of wrestling, apparently assuming that I'm making some point about Trumpsters believing in fake shit, and that's not it at all. I'm looking at the tolerance people have for boisterous, simplistic conflict - all the chest-thumping theatrics that Trump has borrowed from pro-wrestling. Some of us bristle at that shit, some get a kick out of it.

Work? In what way is it supposed to otherwise "work"?

I'm not even proposing there's a gag.

Listen, you're jumping on the fake/real aspect of wrestling, apparently assuming that I'm making some point about Trumpsters believing in fake shit, and that's not it at all. I'm looking at the tolerance people have for boisterous, simplistic conflict - all the chest thumping and childish crap that Trump has borrowed from pro-wrestling. Some of us bristle at that shit, some get a kick out of it.

Don't take this personal but the progs were screaming Russia, Russia, Russia, for YEARS.

YOU. Were wrong.

Don't take this personal but the progs were screaming Russia, Russia, Russia, for YEARS.
No worries. I won't take it personally, as I'm not a 'prog' and never bought into the Russia collusion hoax. But how does that have anything to do with the question?
YOU. Were wrong.
Many times, in many ways - but not about the Russia thing. That was just as phony and desperate as the stop-the-steal nonsense.

I'm looking at the tolerance people have for boisterous, simplistic conflict - all the chest-thumping theatrics that Trump has borrowed from pro-wrestling. Some of us bristle at that shit, some get a kick out of it.
Trump didn't invent that shit in politics....Did you miss all the hyperventilating theatrics from democrats, after they unexpectedly lost the HoR in the wake of 1994 elections?

Trump only perfected the art, he didn't invent it.

I'm not. The veracity of pro-wrestling isn't the point.

What hole?

Always. But I've definitely noticed a correlation between those who enjoy the pumped up bravado of pro-wrestling, and those who follow Trump.

Or maybe the correlation is on the other side, among those who are disgusted by the schmalzy antics of pro-wrestling and see Trump's crazy train as pretty much the same nonsense.
Not me. I know pro wrestling is purely entertainment, not a sport, and don't care for it, and I think Trump was a great President.

Trump didn't invent that shit in politics....Did you miss all the hyperventilating theatrics from democrats, after they unexpectedly lost the HoR in the wake of 1994 elections?
That was ridiculous, to be sure. But there's a radical difference in character. That's where the pro-wrestling angle comes in. Trump's approach isn't just hysterical hyperbole. There's something more going on. And I suspect that the response people have to the "showmanship" of wrestling aligns with their response to Trump's political style. Thus the poll. Though I admit I didn't expect to get a meaningful response here.

That was ridiculous, to be sure. But there's a radical difference in character. That's where the pro-wrestling angle comes in. Trump's approach isn't just hysterical hyperbole. There's something more going on. And I suspect that the response people have to the "showmanship" of wrestling aligns with their response to Trump's political style. Thus the poll. Though I admit I didn't expect to get a meaningful response here.
There's not difference at all.

Trump IS a showman, and he's beating the living shit out of people who desperately want to be showmen, but totally suck at it....Aside from him being someone from outside of The Big Club, that's why they hate him with such vigor....His politics aren't very far afield from a democrat of 40 years ago.

All that aside, your analogy still sucks...If you knew enough about pro rassin' to have made it about promo segments, you my well have had a point....But you didn't so you don't.

There's not difference at all.
I see a huge difference. The fact that you don't see it, or are simply denying it, is core to the issue.
Trump IS a showman, and he's beating the living shit out of people who desperately want to be showmen, but totally suck at it...
Fair to say. What I don't get is why people would want that, would vote for that.
His politics aren't very far afield from a democrat of 40 years ago.
That's for damned sure, in terms of policy, if not style.

i enjoy watching the democrat party commiting suicide following idiots like biden aoc and the rest of that crowd
Well, that's certainly part of it. I do think many people like Trump because they see him destroying a country they no longer feel a part of. But it's kind of like burning your house down because your mad at your parents.

I see a huge difference. The fact that you don't see it, or are simply denying it, is core to the issue.
What's the huge difference?...Be specific.
Fair to say. What I don't get is why people would want that, would vote for that.
They want it enough to vote for democrats....Why not turn the model around on them?

Oh, that's right, he did and beat them at their own game.....And they hate him with the heat of a thousand burning novas for it.

Smart businessmen don't ask why, they give 'em what they want.

What's the huge difference?...Be specific.
"Be specific"? - Homey don't play that pedantic posturing bullshit. You're no quizmaster, and I'm not your fucking student.

If you don't see it, you don't see it. You won't admit it in any case.
They want it enough to vote for democrats....Why not turn the model around on them?
Why do they want phony "showmanship" at all? Why are they so turned on by the reality tv circle jerk approach to politics? That's the real question I'm asking - regardless of party or politician - what's the appeal in that kind of shit?
Oh, that's right, he did and beat them at their own game.....And they hate him with the heat of a thousand burning novas for it.
Mkay.

"Be specific"? - Homey don't play that pedantic posturing bullshit. You're no quizmaster, and I'm not your fucking student.

If you don't see it, you don't see it. You won't admit it in any case.
"If you don't know how that's racist, you must be a racist" isn't an argument....It's circular reasoning and you know it.

Spell it out.
Why do they want phony "showmanship" at all? Why are they so turned on by the reality tv circle jerk approach to politics? That's the real question I'm asking - regardless of party or politician - what's the appeal in that kind of shit?
Why they want it is irrelevant to the fact that they want it.

Pat Buchanan sucked at selling populism...Trump kicks ass at it.

Why do libertarians -the very people who are the great advocates of supplying the market for what it wants- bristle so badly at being bare knuckle about it?

"If you don't know how that's racist, you must be a racist" isn't an argument....It's circular reasoning and you know it.

Spell it out.
I've been spelling it out, dipshit. It's not my fault you can't read. Trump style taps the worst in people. You get off on that. I don't.
Why they want it is irrelevant to the fact that they want it.

Pat Buchanan sucked at selling populism...Trump kicks ass at it.
Yes. I'm not disputing that he's "good" at it. The issue is why people like that kind of shit. I didn't get it when I was ten and all my classmates were into wrestling. I don't get it now.

Forum List

Back