Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

Mark who wrote one of the Gospels? If so, do you recall the context?
It takes 30 minutes to read Mark; read it.
The funny thing about Jews is that even when we know a chapter and verse, we reach for a book and prove we're in the Mark.

It takes 30 minutes to read Mark; read it.
The funny thing about Jews is that even when we know a chapter and verse, we reach for a book and prove we're in the Mark.
I have studied it. It mentions laughter twice. Once, some laughed at Jesus when he said a little girl was only asleep, not dead. Second, some laughed at Jesus as he was being crucified.

That is why I was wondering about the context.

The greater "you" Xtians who thinks they can convert us.
Take everything with a grain of salt.
When you are blessed with Tanach, which you can spend several lifetimes studying, or you can "study" the NT, be grateful you are a Jew.

I have studied it. It mentions laughter twice. Once, some laughed at Jesus when he said a little girl was only asleep, not dead. Second, some laughed at Jesus as he was being crucified.

That is why I was wondering about the context.
It amazes me that Christians never want to read their own scripture after they reach puberty.
I will not do your research for you.

It amazes me that Christians never want to read their own scripture after they reach puberty.
I will not do your research for you.
I am calling you on this. You made something up out of thin air and attributed it to Mark. None of the Gospels caution Christians against excessive laughter. In one of his letters Paul did caution against excessive hilarity during a time of reflection and worship.

You do not have to do "research for me" as I know the New Testament, having studied it all my life. I was curious about what you may have misunderstood as Christians are not cautioned against laughter.

If you care to retreat, now is the time.

They also don't study the way we do. There is no debate.
Well, as you apparently studied the New Testament differently than I did, go ahead: What was the context where Mark wrote about excessive laughter. I have already named the two places where Mark discusses laughter. The two of you claim you know of a third, so let's hear it.

I am calling you on this. You made something up out of thin air and attributed it to Mark. None of the Gospels caution Christians against excessive laughter. In one of his letters Paul did caution against excessive hilarity during a time of reflection and worship.

You do not have to do "research for me" as I know the New Testament, having studied it all my life. I was curious about what you may have misunderstood as Christians are not cautioned against laughter.

If you care to retreat, now is the time.
Horse crap.
You have never read your own books when I posted anything even though they take 20 minutes to read.

Well, as you apparently studied the New Testament differently than I did, go ahead: What was the context where Mark wrote about excessive laughter. I have already named the two places where Mark discusses laughter. The two of you claim you know of a third, so let's hear it.
If I look tomorrow and tell you the chapter (I think chapter 4 or 5), will you leave USMB for 1 year?

Horse crap.
You have never read your own books when I posted anything even though they take 20 minutes to read.
You are either in error or flat out lying. You may have me confused with someone else. Shall we clear it up? You say Mark commanded against excessive laughter. I say Mark did no such thing, but I am willing to study the passage once more if you can give me the context.

No….don’t have her do that. She’s the nicest gentile on the religion forum.
She is very nice but never, ever reads anything.
It's not like Mark is such a large Gospel.
Christians don't realize how harsh the NY is and they refuse to read anything but the cherry picked verses.

You are either in error or flat out lying. You may have me confused with someone else. Shall we clear it up? You say Mark commanded against excessive laughter. I say Mark did no such thing, but I am willing to study the passage once more if you can give me the context.
Why do I have to remember a chapter that I read in 1995?
The book is small and you should be thrilled to read it again, chapter by chapter and verse by verse.
Your parochial school definitely never encouraged you to read every verse.

If I look tomorrow and tell you the chapter (I think chapter 4 or 5),
Chapter 5, is the one I already noted...where people were laughing at Jesus because he said a little girl was only sleeping when they were sure she had died. Chapter 4 is mostly parables, which do not address laughter.

She is very nice but never, ever reads anything.
In fact, I read everything. Over and over and over again. It is why I am so curious about you attributing something to Mark that I have never seen. Therefore, I am interested in the context where you concluded it was a command against laughing.

Chapter 5, is the one I already noted...where people were laughing at Jesus because he said a little girl was only sleeping when they were sure she had died. Chapter 4 is mostly parables, which do not address laughter.
Then read the whole book.
I don't think it was Luke and a Google search doesn't mention anything at all.
It mentions Galatians, but it was definitely in a Gospel.

Forum List

Back