🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Racial Bias, Even When We Have Good Intentions

I'm trying to say "READ" idiot.
I read everyday. Why are you telling me to read idiot? You havent posted a link to counter the OP.

Sorry, I forgot that I'm speaking to a moron. Let me correct that:

READ the discussion idiot!
I read the discussion and didnt see you post a link refuting the OP. Why did you fail to do that moron?

He thinks calling someone stupid is a point of something
Stating a fact doesnt always have to be about making a point.

So true!

nno4no.jpg

So it's racist to make decisions based on the probabilities of success?

No, you're thinking of gambling
Am I not gambling when I hire an employee?
Suppose I want to hire a woman to serve as Hostess for my bar.
I'll take 2 woman's names at random and google them.
How about Ebony, a stereotypically black name. Let's look:
The first row of images shows this photo:

ebony-wilkerson.jpg

It links to a story titled
Home » Special Features » WTF » WTF: Woman Drives Her 3 Kids Into Ocean Gets Charged With Attempted Murder [VIDEO]
WTF: Woman Drives Her 3 Kids Into Ocean Gets Charged With Attempted Murder [VIDEO]

OK, moving on, I'll pick a stereotypically white woman's name, Heather
For shits and giggles, before searching, I will use the 6th image from Google as I did above.

Here ya go:

11D85838-CCE5-6667-D7556D1B6317B0A6.jpg

This photo points to a story here:

Heather Mills to be named one of world’s sexiest women

Sure, it's not a scientific study, but it does support the stereotype.

Who would you rather welcome you to my establishment?
Thats your problem. You rely on google and the media to form your thoughts for you. I know 2 Ebonys both Black and both have masters degrees. the 1 white girl I know named Heather is freak in the bed and never did much but bar tend.

I wouldn't trust the New York Times to accurately poll, study, or report anything. They are liars, they have been proven to lie on numerous occasions.

Good because the NYTimes didnt do any polling. So its all good

Or anything they reported.
Good because the NYTimes didnt do any polling. So its all good

Or anything they reported.

Good because they provided links. So its all good

You libs have reading comprehension problems we know that so let me help you. As I said, I wouldn't trust anything they reported. Links don't matter because they report crap from biased untrustworthy sources. There could be 100 studies that show the opposite but the NYT would never report it. They don't practice journalism, they practice Narrative Journalism. They only report what fits the narrative and it doesn't have to be accurate.

There could be 100 studies out there but all you've done is say maybe instead of like, yanno, providing ONE that shows this to be wrong. But when you cant prove something wrong your only recourse is to cast doubt.

I mean, you can just copy and paste the information that shows it to be wrong....ooooooorrrr you can type another paragraph saying "no no no no no".

You gonna post that or nah?

Jesus Christ how fucking stupid are you anyway? It's like talking to a brick wall.
He's on the far side of "brick wall" on the stupid scale.

I can find studies where short people are treated worse than tall ones. Ugly women treated worse than cute ones. etc., etc., etc...

There always was, and will ever be discrimination. And the blacks do the same to us.

Trying to "fix" this is like trying to make men and women the same. We aren't(thank God).

Mark

I can find studies where short people are treated worse than tall ones. Ugly women treated worse than cute ones. etc., etc., etc...

There always was, and will ever be discrimination. And the blacks do the same to us.

Trying to "fix" this is like trying to make men and women the same. We aren't(thank God).

Mark
Discrimination is different from racism. You discriminate when you prefer Starbucks coffee over Mcdonalds. When you will not buy coffee from Starbucks because they employ Blacks and you think they are sub human, thats racism.

Mark
Discrimination is different from racism. You discriminate when you prefer Starbucks coffee over Mcdonalds. When you will not buy coffee from Starbucks because they employ Blacks and you think they are sub human, thats racism.

No, its not. Racism is simply one method of discrimination.

Mark

Mark

Mark
Yes it is..Racism is specific and discrimination is general.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/upshot/the-measuring-sticks-of-racial-bias-.html?abt=0002&abg=1

I'll skip to the good part:

■ When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Hmmm, Life

■ When whites and blacks were sent to bargain for a used car, blacks were offered initial prices roughly $700 higher, and they received far smaller concessions.

Hmmm, Money

■ Several studies found that sending emails with stereotypically black names in response to apartment-rental ads on Craigslist elicited fewer responses than sending ones with white names. A regularly repeated study by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development sent African-Americans and whites to look at apartments and found that African-Americans were shown fewer apartments to rent and houses for sale.

Hmm, Housing

White state legislators were found to be less likely to respond to constituents with African-American names. This was true of legislators in both political parties.

Political....*tee hee* change the system

Emails sent to faculty members at universities, asking to talk about research opportunities, were more likely to get a reply if a stereotypically white name was used.

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

There are some counterexamples: Data show that some places, like elite colleges, most likely do favor minority applicants. But this evidence underlies that a helping hand in one area does not preclude harmful shoves in many other areas, including ignored résumés, unhelpful faculty members and reluctant landlords.

So yeah....Some colleges favor minorities (not just blacks) but congrats college favored you but the workplace, housing, justice and poltical system ignores you. So...like, it evens out

When our own résumé study came out, many human-resources managers told us they were stunned. They prized creating diversity in their companies, yet here was evidence that they were doing anything but. How was that possible?

To use the language of the psychologist Daniel Kahneman, we think both fast and slow. When deciding what iPod to buy or which résumé to pursue, we weigh a few factors deliberately (“slow”). But for hundreds of other factors, we must rely on intuitive judgment — and we weigh these unconsciously (“fast”).

These biases exist....that is true. However....and I want to emphasize this.....these biases exist across all races....including blacks.

The media and many blacks make this out to be purely an example of white racism. It is not.

Asians score most heavily biased in these types of surveys than whites. Blacks show strong bias against whites in many areas.

Black men in anonymous surveys say they find Asian and Latino women more attractive than black women. On dating sites black men and women are universally negatively rated by all races.

Most often these surveys express preference. Now if a black man says he chooses to date a Latino woman is that racist? Or if he says he would prefer working with other black men is that racist? So if whites, asians, or latinos express similar preferences is that racist?

I would be very interested in your opinion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/upshot/the-measuring-sticks-of-racial-bias-.html?abt=0002&abg=1

■ When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Hmmm, Life

■ When whites and blacks were sent to bargain for a used car, blacks were offered initial prices roughly $700 higher, and they received far smaller concessions.

Hmmm, Money

■ Several studies found that sending emails with stereotypically black names in response to apartment-rental ads on Craigslist elicited fewer responses than sending ones with white names. A regularly repeated study by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development sent African-Americans and whites to look at apartments and found that African-Americans were shown fewer apartments to rent and houses for sale.

Hmm, Housing

White state legislators were found to be less likely to respond to constituents with African-American names. This was true of legislators in both political parties.

Emails sent to faculty members at universities, asking to talk about research opportunities, were more likely to get a reply if a stereotypically white name was used.

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

There are some counterexamples: Data show that some places, like elite colleges, most likely do favor minority applicants. But this evidence underlies that a helping hand in one area does not preclude harmful shoves in many other areas, including ignored résumés, unhelpful faculty members and reluctant landlords.

So yeah....Some colleges favor minorities (not just blacks) but congrats college favored you but the workplace, housing, justice and poltical system ignores you. So...like, it evens out

When our own résumé study came out, many human-resources managers told us they were stunned. They prized creating diversity in their companies, yet here was evidence that they were doing anything but. How was that possible?

To use the language of the psychologist Daniel Kahneman, we think both fast and slow. When deciding what iPod to buy or which résumé to pursue, we weigh a few factors deliberately (“slow”). But for hundreds of other factors, we must rely on intuitive judgment — and we weigh these unconsciously (“fast”).

These biases exist....that is true. However....and I want to emphasize this.....these biases exist across all races....including blacks.

The media and many blacks make this out to be purely an example of white racism. It is not.

Asians score most heavily biased in these types of surveys than whites. Blacks show strong bias against whites in many areas.

Black men in anonymous surveys say they find Asian and Latino women more attractive than black women. On dating sites black men and women are universally negatively rated by all races.

Most often these surveys express preference. Now if a black man says he chooses to date a Latino woman is that racist? Or if he says he would prefer working with other black men is that racist? So if whites, asians, or latinos express similar preferences is that racist?

I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its like the only time you guys ever admit to there being bias of any kind is only when you can say "Yeah well...Blacks do it TOO!"

Hmmm, Life

Hmmm, Money

Hmm, Housing

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its like the only time you guys ever admit to there being bias of any kind is only when you can say "Yeah well...Blacks do it TOO!"

No...you are making sweeping generalizations that are not based in fact (see bolded). Your OP is factually based. I acknowledged that.

My post is factually based as well.

All races in America express preferences for and against other races in regard to employment, housing, dating, etc. Is that right? Probably not imho. But it exists, and blacks are as guilty as anyone else.

So instead of making this out as whites are bad...acknowledge and be honest that these issues on racial preference and discrimination exist among all of us. We are all guilty. The problems cannot be addressed until everyone gets honest.

Hmmm, Life

Hmmm, Money

Hmm, Housing

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

No...you are making sweeping generalizations that are not based in fact (see bolded). Your OP is factually based. I acknowledged that.

All races in America express preferences for and against other races in regard to employment, housing, dating, etc. Is that right? Probably not imho. But it exists, and blacks are as guilty as anyone else.

So instead of making this out as whites are bad...acknowledge and be honest that these issues on racial preference and discrimination exist among all of us. We are all guilty. The problems cannot be addressed until everyone gets honest.

Dude the OP and the post you quoted are facts that show bias against blacks have an impact in housing, employment, the justice system etc.

If you are quoting facts WHILE claiming there are no facts...we cant have this discussion

Mark

Mark

Yes, racism is a specific form of discrimination.

It is still discrimination.

From a dictionary:

discrimination
/dɪˌskrɪmɪˈneɪʃən/
noun
1. unfair treatment of a person, racial group, minority, etc; action based on prejudice
2. subtle appreciation in matters of taste
3. the ability to see fine distinctions and differences

Mark

Hmmm, Life

Hmmm, Money

Hmm, Housing

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

Dude the OP and the post you quoted are facts that show bias against blacks have an impact in housing, employment, the justice system etc.

If you are quoting facts WHILE claiming there are no facts...we cant have this discussion

WTF???

All races in America have strong racial preferences for people of their own race and discriminate against people of other races in terms of their expressed preference.

Blacks are as guilty as anyone else.

These biases are the root of the racial problems in America. I think you are intelligent enough to see this, but you cannot acknowledge it, because you are stuck in the black-as-victim mentality.

Have blacks been adversely affected by racial preference and discrimination? Of course. But so have others. Let's all address the root causes of racial preference among all of us. That might fix the problem. Understand? :)

Have blacks been adversely affected by racial preference and discrimination? Of course. But so have others. Let's all address the root causes of racial preference among all of us. That might fix the problem. Understand?

And I will say this again....I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its not the same one impacts a large segment of societies lifestyle and choices. The other (black people bias) has an impact of an annoyance to you.

Have blacks been adversely affected by racial preference and discrimination? Of course. But so have others. Let's all address the root causes of racial preference among all of us. That might fix the problem. Understand?

And I will say this again....I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its not the same one impacts a large segment of societies lifestyle and choices. The other (black people bias) has an impact of an annoyance to you.

No. The data shows black bias extends to discriminatory views about who they will hire....what neighborhoods they choose to live in....and who they prefer to associate with.

There is no significant difference between black bias and white bias (or asian or latino for that matter).

In America....we are all biased. That is the bottom line.

Mark

Mark

Yes, racism is a specific form of discrimination.

It is still discrimination.

From a dictionary:

discrimination
/dɪˌskrɪmɪˈneɪʃən/
noun
1. unfair treatment of a person, racial group, minority, etc; action based on prejudice
2. subtle appreciation in matters of taste
3. the ability to see fine distinctions and differences

Mark
Racism is not just prejudice. its a system of discrimination based on the assumption of inherent superiority of the people practicing the racism. it can only be employed when the supposedly superior group has control of all the resources. Thats a big difference than just discrimination. I can hate say white people all day long but not think they are inferior.

No. The data shows black bias extends to discriminatory views about who they will hire....what neighborhoods they choose to live in....and who they prefer to associate with.

When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Ok explain what this means then...Its blacks fault? Blacks chose to no....

Man nevermind you're being an ass on purpose. If someone is charged more for an item or told there arent any houses available you're saying thats blacks choice.

You're not even making sense. First you said there were no facts, now....

Forum List

Back