🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Racial Bias, Even When We Have Good Intentions

Have blacks been adversely affected by racial preference and discrimination? Of course. But so have others. Let's all address the root causes of racial preference among all of us. That might fix the problem. Understand?

And I will say this again....I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its not the same one impacts a large segment of societies lifestyle and choices. The other (black people bias) has an impact of an annoyance to you.

No. The data shows black bias extends to discriminatory views about who they will hire....what neighborhoods they choose to live in....and who they prefer to associate with.

When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Ok explain what this means then...Its blacks fault? Blacks chose to no....

Man nevermind you're being an ass on purpose. If someone is charged more for an item or told there arent any houses available you're saying thats blacks choice.

You're not even making sense. First you said there were no facts, now....
WQ is too illiterate to understand what you are talking about.

So racial bias is different than racism then. Ok....
Only when racial bias influences public policy.

like AA?
Are we talking contemporary times or a few decades back.

how about in the lifetime of you and the op
Now are we talking about AA for people of a darker hue, women, whites, old people, or gimps?

mental midgets like you

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/upshot/the-measuring-sticks-of-racial-bias-.html?abt=0002&abg=1

I'll skip to the good part:

■ When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Hmmm, Life

■ When whites and blacks were sent to bargain for a used car, blacks were offered initial prices roughly $700 higher, and they received far smaller concessions.

Hmmm, Money

■ Several studies found that sending emails with stereotypically black names in response to apartment-rental ads on Craigslist elicited fewer responses than sending ones with white names. A regularly repeated study by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development sent African-Americans and whites to look at apartments and found that African-Americans were shown fewer apartments to rent and houses for sale.

Hmm, Housing

White state legislators were found to be less likely to respond to constituents with African-American names. This was true of legislators in both political parties.

Political....*tee hee* change the system

Emails sent to faculty members at universities, asking to talk about research opportunities, were more likely to get a reply if a stereotypically white name was used.

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

There are some counterexamples: Data show that some places, like elite colleges, most likely do favor minority applicants. But this evidence underlies that a helping hand in one area does not preclude harmful shoves in many other areas, including ignored résumés, unhelpful faculty members and reluctant landlords.

So yeah....Some colleges favor minorities (not just blacks) but congrats college favored you but the workplace, housing, justice and poltical system ignores you. So...like, it evens out

When our own résumé study came out, many human-resources managers told us they were stunned. They prized creating diversity in their companies, yet here was evidence that they were doing anything but. How was that possible?

To use the language of the psychologist Daniel Kahneman, we think both fast and slow. When deciding what iPod to buy or which résumé to pursue, we weigh a few factors deliberately (“slow”). But for hundreds of other factors, we must rely on intuitive judgment — and we weigh these unconsciously (“fast”).

These biases exist....that is true. However....and I want to emphasize this.....these biases exist across all races....including blacks.

The media and many blacks make this out to be purely an example of white racism. It is not.

Asians score most heavily biased in these types of surveys than whites. Blacks show strong bias against whites in many areas.

Black men in anonymous surveys say they find Asian and Latino women more attractive than black women. On dating sites black men and women are universally negatively rated by all races.

Most often these surveys express preference. Now if a black man says he chooses to date a Latino woman is that racist? Or if he says he would prefer working with other black men is that racist? So if whites, asians, or latinos express similar preferences is that racist?

I would be very interested in your opinion.

I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its like the only time you guys ever admit to there being bias of any kind is only when you can say "Yeah well...Blacks do it TOO!"
No black racism ends in a black teen pushing around a much smaller oriental man then trying to disarm a white cop and getting shot.
Black racism is blacks knocking out random whites while walking in groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/04/upshot/the-measuring-sticks-of-racial-bias-.html?abt=0002&abg=1

I'll skip to the good part:

■ When doctors were shown patient histories and asked to make judgments about heart disease, they were much less likely to recommend cardiac catheterization (a helpful procedure) to black patients — even when their medical files were statistically identical to those of white patients.

Hmmm, Life

■ When whites and blacks were sent to bargain for a used car, blacks were offered initial prices roughly $700 higher, and they received far smaller concessions.

Hmmm, Money

■ Several studies found that sending emails with stereotypically black names in response to apartment-rental ads on Craigslist elicited fewer responses than sending ones with white names. A regularly repeated study by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development sent African-Americans and whites to look at apartments and found that African-Americans were shown fewer apartments to rent and houses for sale.

Hmm, Housing

White state legislators were found to be less likely to respond to constituents with African-American names. This was true of legislators in both political parties.

Political....*tee hee* change the system

Emails sent to faculty members at universities, asking to talk about research opportunities, were more likely to get a reply if a stereotypically white name was used.

Hmmm, Employment

To be fair:

There are some counterexamples: Data show that some places, like elite colleges, most likely do favor minority applicants. But this evidence underlies that a helping hand in one area does not preclude harmful shoves in many other areas, including ignored résumés, unhelpful faculty members and reluctant landlords.

So yeah....Some colleges favor minorities (not just blacks) but congrats college favored you but the workplace, housing, justice and poltical system ignores you. So...like, it evens out

When our own résumé study came out, many human-resources managers told us they were stunned. They prized creating diversity in their companies, yet here was evidence that they were doing anything but. How was that possible?

To use the language of the psychologist Daniel Kahneman, we think both fast and slow. When deciding what iPod to buy or which résumé to pursue, we weigh a few factors deliberately (“slow”). But for hundreds of other factors, we must rely on intuitive judgment — and we weigh these unconsciously (“fast”).

These biases exist....that is true. However....and I want to emphasize this.....these biases exist across all races....including blacks.

The media and many blacks make this out to be purely an example of white racism. It is not.

Asians score most heavily biased in these types of surveys than whites. Blacks show strong bias against whites in many areas.

Black men in anonymous surveys say they find Asian and Latino women more attractive than black women. On dating sites black men and women are universally negatively rated by all races.

Most often these surveys express preference. Now if a black man says he chooses to date a Latino woman is that racist? Or if he says he would prefer working with other black men is that racist? So if whites, asians, or latinos express similar preferences is that racist?

I would be very interested in your opinion.

I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Its like the only time you guys ever admit to there being bias of any kind is only when you can say "Yeah well...Blacks do it TOO!"
No black racism ends in a black teen pushing around a much smaller oriental man then trying to disarm a white cop and getting shot.
Black racism is blacks knocking out random whites while walking in groups.

Racist? Why would you blame racism for that? Either way...Someone got clocked off guard. Thats just like locking people up and preventing them from buying homes. Because black criminals are comparable to white racists.....Except you dont want to say that

Bottom line: Even though blacks engage in racial preference and discrimination just as much as whites and any other racial group....only whites are bad. :lol:

I think everyone has it now. Thanks for playing. :eusa_shifty:

Bottom line: Even though blacks engage in racial preference and discrimination just as much as whites and any other racial group....only whites are bad. :lol:

And I will say this again....I know these exist across all the races but what I keep saying is blacks biases lead to thinking you cant dance or that you're corny. Very bad stuff. Whites biases lead to preventing people from being free. So its not the same.

Only when racial bias influences public policy.

like AA?

Now are we talking about AA for people of a darker hue, women, whites, old people, or gimps?

mental midgets like you
why are racists so incapable of adult conversation?

mental midgets like you
why are racists so incapable of adult conversation?
Cognitive dissonance

Yep....you keep repeating yourself. :) I get that it's your opinion.

But you're wrong.

The data show black bias goes far deeper than simply how white folks dance or tell jokes. Black bias is very similar to the biases expressed by other racial groups.....hence the problem.

Whites are the majority....and that has caused more historic problems for blacks. Everyone knows that. But if blacks accept no responsibility for their own bias and discriminatory views than it is simply down to childish finger pointing by both sides.

And that accomplishes nothing. All races need to get real with each other and acknowledge racial preference exists among all of us. That is how you solve the problem imho. :)

What white people like WQ want is to have Black people stand up and say they are racists and lazy which would make him feel better. What he doesnt want is to admit white racism is the the reason for the Black condition. If all the stuff white people have done in the name of racism was put on the table he would probably go into shock from shame and horror. Thats why whites like him have to find a way to relive their cognitive dissonance by blaming Black people for the stuff white people caused. Very insightful video.

Yep....you keep repeating yourself. :) I get that it's your opinion.

But you're wrong.

1. Not an opinion....Thats a fact
2. You've had several opportunities to link to anything that backs up what you claim but you havent, because you cant.
3. Feel free to include information that shows black racism impact on the white community.

Thanks

Have fun boys. I tried. :) Blacks are victims, and can never by anything but victims. All whites are racists.

I get it.

The story never changes.

Enjoy jerking each other off, and have a nice day. :bye1:

/unsubsc

If you two weren't a couple if illiterate retards you would say such a stupid thing. Read the god damn discussion idiot, if you can.
Speak english. What are you trying to say?

I'm trying to say "READ" idiot.
I read everyday. Why are you telling me to read idiot? You havent posted a link to counter the OP.

Sorry, I forgot that I'm speaking to a moron. Let me correct that:

READ the discussion idiot!
I read the discussion and didnt see you post a link refuting the OP. Why did you fail to do that moron?

Well then you suffer, as I have pointed out to you many times before, from reading comprehension difficulties. I can't help you with that. Sucks to be you.

Forum List

Back