Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party

Oh, please. When dealing with 'pigs", you have to get in the trough with them. I know I'm a work in progress, far from being perfect. That being said, I'm miles above you and the filth here. I'm not Christ. I don't forgive those who condemn me, or seek to do me harm. I may never. But I'm not the one to turn the other cheek, or roll over.
I'm more spiritual than religious...as I have seen the hypocrisy of organized religion, "first-hand". And you can hardly preach to anyone the finer tenets of being a Christian, yourself. Hypocrite. Reprobate. Charlatan. I don't go to church, having gone more than anyone here...6 days a week, for 3 years, running, while in parochial school, and serving mass every week day, during the 9th grade. Match that.

You are miles beneath my heel, poet. No you aren't Christ, at least you're honest, he died for all of mankind, you disgrace it with your vitriol. Religion isn't a competition. You can go to church as much as you'd like, but it is only but a building if you betray the values that you are taught there.

Wow, throw all those big words at me. Here's a few for you, and specifically for you. Bigot, Blowhard, Self absorbed narcissist, coward, racist, stereotypical. Sadistic, mendacious, domineering, insecure. Pithy, snide, snarky. Cynical, paranoid, racist, pernicious. Insensitive, cold blooded, venomous.

Need I go on?

I could say more but won't.

Because there is nothing left to say.

Ignore me or not. If you don't want to, be prepared to have your ass handed to you. If you do (and I highly recommend this choice) then you will spare me your jackassery, and you will spare yourself the embarrassment.

So look America

Republicans used to support Civil Rights as recently as 50 years ago

Your implication is a lie, which one have they not supported?

They are running low on arguments, it is only a matter of time. You nailed it with your post. The Republican party has never been willfully racist to anyone. Which confirms my OP in the process.

Last edited:
I hear of Liberal Democrats championing the causes of racial and gender equality in America today, while admirable, they have ignored their own history. Now, for a little history lesson. Let's do a little research shall we? Let us see who has been more detrimental to the causes of equality. Pay attention students, there will be a quiz at the end of this essay!

During the 1860s, ...

I had to snip this nonsense because you don't seem to understand that "LIberal" and "Conservative" are different words than "Democrat" and "Republican".

At its founding the Republican Party was in fact a Liberal, radical party. It advocated a major change- ending slavery.

Meanwhile the Democrats were the "Conservative" party at that time. They advocated "States Rights" to keep having slaves if they wanted to. Hmmmmm.... States rights? Where do we keep hearing that nonsense when some inbred bible-thumping bigot wants to maintain some corner where they can practice their douchebaggery?

I fail to see how I made such an assertion. I flatly said that the term could be applied to either party. I used vernacular that would be readily understandable to other less informed readers here. Given the conservative/liberal misnomers both sides apply today... it was only fair to point out that such terms could be used for either side.

I love how my words got twisted somewhere along the way. The big mistake people are making is linking conservatism with Republicanism and Liberalism with Democrats. The terms are actually interchangeable as you point out.

Yes, today's Liberal Democrats, not those Democrats or Republicans of yesteryear. I made no mention of "conservative" or "liberal" as it pertained to the politics of the 1800's. You'd much rather not read anything that criticizes Democrats period anyhow. I don't expect people like you to stick around to the end of the OP.

Now, I mention the term "Liberal" twice , which was being used in the context of today's politics, namely (and sometimes erroneously) associated with Democrats. As for your religious slurs, I will pay no rational mind to such. Because you know just as well as I that bigotry happens on both sides of the aisle.

Hmmmm. I seem to detect a measured response, in light of your ass being handed to you, on a silver platter by Joe. No talk of racism, or college level words, just pure, unadulterated,
"clock cleaning". Gotta love it. LOL

I had to snip this nonsense because you don't seem to understand that "LIberal" and "Conservative" are different words than "Democrat" and "Republican".

At its founding the Republican Party was in fact a Liberal, radical party. It advocated a major change- ending slavery.

Meanwhile the Democrats were the "Conservative" party at that time. They advocated "States Rights" to keep having slaves if they wanted to. Hmmmmm.... States rights? Where do we keep hearing that nonsense when some inbred bible-thumping bigot wants to maintain some corner where they can practice their douchebaggery?

I fail to see how I made such an assertion. I flatly said that the term could be applied to either party. I used vernacular that would be readily understandable to other less informed readers here. Given the conservative/liberal misnomers both sides apply today... it was only fair to point out that such terms could be used for either side.

I love how my words got twisted somewhere along the way. The big mistake people are making is linking conservatism with Republicanism and Liberalism with Democrats. The terms are actually interchangeable as you point out.

Yes, today's Liberal Democrats, not those Democrats or Republicans of yesteryear. I made no mention of "conservative" or "liberal" as it pertained to the politics of the 1800's. You'd much rather not read anything that criticizes Democrats period anyhow. I don't expect people like you to stick around to the end of the OP.

Now, I mention the term "Liberal" twice , which was being used in the context of today's politics, namely (and sometimes erroneously) associated with Democrats. As for your religious slurs, I will pay no rational mind to such. Because you know just as well as I that bigotry happens on both sides of the aisle.

Hmmmm. I seem to detect a measured response, in light of your ass being handed to you, on a silver platter by Joe. No talk of racism, or college level words, just pure, unadulterated,

Joe did nothing more than twist my words, which is why Joe is no longer posting here in the thread. You did nothing but troll my entire thread. What a moron you are.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell knows that yesteryear's Dixiecrat is today's Republican.
Hell, MLK was a Republican.
The tables have turned politically and racially.

Truth, to your first assertion. False on your second. MLK was not a Republican...His father was, but he was decidedly "apolitical", and was actively "courted" by RFK, but never revealed his preference for either party. According to his closest confidant, Rev. Joseph Lowery, former head of the SCLC, he would have never aligned himself with today's Republican Party, or what it stands for. Didn't he say "Injustice somewhere is injustice everywhere"????? That most certainly would include "gays", whom his wife was an advocate of, and women, and the poor. All one has to do is to view how Republicans treat those groups, and legislate against them to know that MLK would be a liberal Democrat, were he alive today.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell knows that yesteryear's Dixiecrat is today's Republican.

Truth, to your first assertion. False on your second. MLK was not a Republican...His father was, but he was decidedly "apolitical", and was actively "courted" by RFK, but never revealed his preference for either party. According to his closest confidant, Rev. Joseph Lowery, former head of the SCLC, he would have never aligned himself with today's Republican Party, or what it stands for. Didn't he say "Injustice somewhere is injustice everywhere"????? That most certainly would include "gays", whom his wife was an advocate of, and women, and the poor. All one has to do is to view how Republicans treat those groups, and legislate against them to know that MLK would be a liberal Democrat, were he alive today.

MLK saw both parties as travesties, he wasn't too far off on that assumption. And you poet, just failed miserably in your attempt to look smart.

:clap2:

[

Now, I mention the term "Liberal" twice , which was being used in the context of today's politics, namely (and sometimes erroneously) associated with Democrats.

Guy, you can try to twist and bend all day, but "conservatism" today has come to mean preserving the privilages of the wealthy at the expense of the rest of us.

They've used race and religion and sex to try to get the rest of us fighting amongst themselves.

I'll admit, it took me too long to figure this out... but I finally did. You might some day. First, you need to put down the book of Bronze Age Supersition and Fairy Tales.

Are you telling me how to practice my faith, Joe? Does that not encourage this "fighting amongst themselves" you speak of? Do you think yourself the authority over such things? You are sorely mistaken. You have fallen into the same trap as the rest of the Democrats have. Conservatism may be applied to Democrats and Republicans alike. It does not always protect the wealthy, contrary to your thick headed notions suggesting otherwise. Before the sweeps in 1994, most of the Democrats here were conservative, in fiscality and taxes. Oh yeah, never thought about that did you?

The classifications are as follows:

Conservative Republican
Moderate Republican
Conservative Democrat
Moderate Democrat
Liberal Republican
Liberal Democrat
Independent Leaning Right
Independent Leaning Left
Independent No Preference
LOL. Did you come up with that sequence all by yourself? LOLOLOL
There is no such thing as a Liberal Republican, you moron.

Joe did nothing more than twist my words, which is why Joe is no longer posting here in the thread. You did nothing but troll my entire thread. What a moron you are.
Here's the opening sentence of your opening post.

I hear of Liberal Democrats championing the causes of racial and gender equality in America today, while admirable, they have ignored their own history. Now, for a little history lesson. Let's do a little research shall we? Let us see who has been more detrimental to the causes of equality. Pay attention students, there will be a quiz at the end of this essay!

How many words went by for the readers to understand you are blaming "Liberal" Democrats for supporting racism?

Of course after your opening sentence you cited many Democrats as racists, yet when asked to make the distinction between "Liberal" and "Conservative" positions on equality, you continued to misunderstand the difference between ideology and political party.

MLK was not a Republican. Anyone with half a brain could do the research.

Bless your heart.

In October 1960, when Martin Luther King, Jr. was arrested at a peaceful sit-in in Atlanta, Robert Kennedy telephoned the judge and helped secure King's release. Although King, Sr. had previously opposed Kennedy because he was a Catholic,[citation needed] he expressed his appreciation for these calls and switched his support to Kennedy. At this time, King, Sr. had been a lifelong registered Republican, and had endorsed Republican Richard Nixon.
the subject is MLK Jr., not his father. Where does it say that MLK Jr., was a Repub???

How many words went by for the readers to understand you are blaming "Liberal" Democrats for supporting racism?

Of course after your opening sentence you cited many Democrats as racists, yet when asked to make the distinction between "Liberal" and "Conservative" positions on equality, you continued to misunderstand the difference between ideology and political party.

I made mention of Liberal Democrats twice, but neither mention was in context to the politics of the 1850-60s. I plainly referred to Democrats as Democrats and Republicans as Republicans.

You seem not to understand my point. Or rather, you refuse to.

Definition of Liberal: of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

Definition of Conservative: Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to retain") is a political and social philosophy that promotes retaining traditional social institutions. A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative.

The meaning of "conservatism" in America has little in common with the way the word is used elsewhere. As Ribuffo (2011) notes, "what Americans now call conservatism much of the world calls liberalism or neoliberalism." Since the 1950s conservatism in the United States has been chiefly associated with the Republican Party. However, during the era of segregation many Southern Democrats were conservatives, and they played a key role in the Conservative Coalition that controlled Congress from 1937 to 1963.

I made mention of Liberal Democrats twice, but neither mention was in context to the politics of the 1850-60s. I plainly referred to Democrats as Democrats and Republicans as Republicans.

You seem not to understand my point. Or rather, you refuse to.

Definition of Liberal: of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

Definition of Conservative: Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to retain") is a political and social philosophy that promotes retaining traditional social institutions. A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative.

And you're still a moron.

LOLOLOLOL Black Republicans are no more than Stephin Fetchit negroes, who subscribe to the white racist Republican platform that serves no one but white, usually "rich", connected, conservative males. They've "sold out", to the very people that have a history of "slave holdings". I ask you...where is the last vestige of a Republican stronghold? I'll answer for you: "in the South". Kiss your ass and the chances of a Republican winning the White House, in 2016, goodbye.

Racist platform? post it.. Where is it? Let’s be real here for a minute, why do democrats fight school vouchers for poor minority children? Why Mr. Poet? Why is unemployment so much higher under Obama among blacks? Why does your president Obama seem unconcerned with all the black on black killing in even in his home town? Why can’t Obama bring himself to condemn people like Dr. Gosnell who took advantage of mostly black women and killed mostly black babies? If anyone has sold out to the elitist, white, liberal, politicians it's Obama and most of your so-called black “leaders”

You're part of the high tech Lynching Clarence Thomas was referring to. Is it good for black people to be destroyed because they don't think like you do? Is that what you want?

Racist platform??? Girlfriend, did you see the last Republican convention? You could count the blacks and browns on two hands. Why? Because every liberal, and Democrat, and even quite a few Republicans (i.e. Colin Powell, and Lawrence Wilkerson) know that the Republican and Tea Parties harbor overt racists.
As to school vouchers: The Problem with School Vouchers ? Issues ? Education Voters Pennsylvania

Vouchers

The Problem With School Vouchers
"....As Huebert notes, the widespread introduction of vouchers could very well destroy what’s left of the independent, private schools. The government would have to establish criteria for which schools were eligible for the vouchers, and which weren’t: Taxpayers would be outraged if Joe Blow set up a “school” where he just popped in DVDs all day, and collected checks from the government...."
President Obama unconcerned? Have you been paying attention to the news? He's desperately trying to rein in guns, and assault weapons, while the Republican Congress, whores for the NRA, thwart his efforts, at every turn. And please. Ask yourself why Republicans haven't responded to the mass shootings, every other month, enough to legislate " background checks" , which is a common sense measure.
And nice try at propaganda, but no one is buying it, save your ilk.
High tech lynching? Oh, now it's fashionable to discuss "lynching", when it plays into your "playbook". Clarence Thomas is the whitest negro in the country, and a Stephin Fetchit of the 1st order. Don't think like we do? He's worse than any white racist legislator. The worst. No one believes that all of anybody should think like anyone else. One would hope they would be reasonable and rational. Find someone like that on the conservative side. Christie? Portman? McCain? Who you got? You know you've lost the argument when Clarence Thomas is your sacrificial lamb. LOLOLOL.

You think Clarence Thomas is not reasonable or rational....Please…. Who's "we"? Most people in this city, in this country for that matter wouldn't even know who Clarence Thomas is. I went to school in Detroit. You know what the graduation rate is here? 30%. People should be allowed to choose what schools their kids can attend.. Get it? Competition is a good thing, not some failed system where money for the kids is siphoned off by the teachers unions, corrupt school administrators and employees which is what happened here "my playbook" what is my playbook? You have no concept, you can't even think clearly because you have too much hate in your heart, which is the way liberals like it. You want to tell me you'd like people not to be allowed to defend themselves? Violent crime has went down 20% in MI since our CCW law went into effect sorry to tell you but criminals don't get guns legally

Clarence Thomas should be looked on as a model for black children unlike your boy Obama who was pretty much brought up privileged. Clarence Thomas came from nothing get it?

Clarence Thomas was born in 1948 in Pin Point, Georgia, a small, predominantly black community founded by freedmen after the American Civil War. When he was a child, the town lacked a sewage system and paved roads. He was the second of three children born to M.C. Thomas, a farm worker, and Leola Williams, a domestic worker.[5][6] They were descendants of American slaves, and the family spoke Gullah as a first language.[7] Thomas's first-known ancestors were slaves named Sandy and Peggy who were born around the end of the 18th century and owned by wealthy Liberty County, Georgia planter Josiah Wilson.[8] M.C. Thomas left his family when Thomas was two years old. Thomas's mother worked hard but was sometimes paid only pennies per day. She had difficulty putting food on the table and was forced to rely on charity.[9] After a house fire left them homeless, Thomas and his younger brother Myers were taken to live with his mother's parents in Savannah, Georgia. Thomas was seven when the family moved in with his maternal grandfather, Myers Anderson, and Anderson's wife, Christine (née Hargrove), in Savannah.[10]

Living with his grandparents, Thomas enjoyed amenities such as indoor plumbing and regular meals for the first time in his life.[5] His grandfather Myers Anderson had little formal education, but had built a thriving fuel oil business that also sold ice. Thomas calls his grandfather "the greatest man I have ever known."[10] When Thomas was 10, Anderson started taking the family to help at a farm every day from sunrise to sunset.[10] His grandfather believed in hard work and self-reliance; he would counsel Thomas to "never let the sun catch you in bed." Thomas's grandfather also impressed upon his grandsons the importance of getting a good education.[5]

Thomas was the only black person at his high school in Savannah, where he was an honor student.[11] He was raised Roman Catholic. (He later attended an Episcopal church with his first wife but returned to the Catholic Church in the late 1990s.[1]) He considered entering the priesthood at the age of 16, and became the first black student to attend St. John Vianney's Minor Seminary (Savannah) on the Isle of Hope.[10] He also briefly attended Conception Seminary College, a Roman Catholic seminary in Missouri. No one in Thomas's family had attended college. Thomas has said that during his first year in seminary, he was one of only "three or four" blacks attending the school.[11] Thomas told interviewers that he left the seminary in the aftermath of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. He had overheard another student say after the shooting, "Good, I hope the son of a bitch died."[6][12] He did not think the church did enough to combat racism

Clarence Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryXpK042pQ]Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

HERE IS AMERICAN PATRIOTISM IN IT'S FINEST MOMENT.., GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF THEM !! :up:

screen-shot-2013-05-01-at-9-30-13-pm.png

seeing these kids with guns reaffirms my faith in Americas ability to exist well into the future. :up:

c885bfc7651e47c88cb5bf4667baeb77-e1363790276877.jpg

this kids home was nearly totally wrecked due to some scumbag liberal feeeeeeels like it was child abuse !!

fucking liberals have to fuck up every thing they see a gun caring/carrying CONSERVATIVE :up:

Your implication is a lie, which one have they not supported?

Our current Civil Rights struggle involves homosexuals rights as citizens. As usual, republicans are on the wrong side of history

As it stands now, we aren't talking about those things here. Just race. Keep it on topic please.

Move those goal posts...

Civil Rights evolve. As usual, Republicans stand up against the latest civil rights fight. It is quite pathetic that they go into black communities and say....Did you know we are the party of Lincoln?

They pull 10 percent of the black vote for a reason

HERE IS AMERICAN PATRIOTISM IN IT'S FINEST MOMENT.., GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF THEM !! :up:

screen-shot-2013-05-01-at-9-30-13-pm.png

seeing these kids with guns reaffirms my faith in Americas ability to exist well into the future. :up:

c885bfc7651e47c88cb5bf4667baeb77-e1363790276877.jpg

this kids home was nearly totally wrecked due to some scumbag liberal feeeeeeels like it was child abuse !!

fucking liberals have to fuck up every thing they see a gun caring/carrying CONSERVATIVE :up:

Those kids would be more patriotic if they were out doing community service

Forum List

Back