Religious Freedom & ‘Gay Marriage’ Cannot Coexist

Written on Thursday, April 18, 2013
by J. Matt Barber

Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence. – Psalm 73:6
“Gay pride” necessitates anti-Christian hate. It must. “Gay marriage” and other “sexual orientation”-based laws do violence to freedom and truth. They are the hammer with which the postmodern left intends to bludgeon bloody religious liberty and the Judeo-Christian sexual ethic.

According to the unequivocal moral precepts of the Judeo-Christian tradition – explicit throughout both the Old and New Testaments – homosexual behavior is sin. Sin is evil. Homosexual behavior is the central, defining characteristic of so-called “gay marriage.” Therefore, “gay marriage” is evil. Christians are obligated to avoid sin – to “do no evil.”
I know; it’s not popular to speak such simple truths in today’s politically correct world. But I’m not out to win a popularity contest.

Recently, one of Ms. Stutzman’s frequent homosexual customers requested that she provide flower arrangements for his same-sex “wedding.” She politely declined, saying that her Christian conscience and “relationship with Jesus Christ” prevented her from any involvement with counter-Christian “same-sex marriage.” She was, quite simply, a Christian being Christian. The two hugged and parted ways.

Unfortunately, in our ever-”progressive” culture, being Christian has fast become a most dangerous proposition. As each homofascist demand is checked from liberals’ sin-centric wish list, it only gets worse.

To homosexuals I say this: Yes, you are equal in God’s eyes. You are loved. These things are true, not because of your homosexual lifestyle, but, rather, they are true in spite of it.
Most homosexuals know intuitively, I think, that their lifestyle is unnatural and immoral and that the oxymoronic notion of “same-sex marriage” is a silly farce. Thus, they must force others to affirm both their self-destructive lifestyle and their mock “marriages” under penalty of law. They must physically compel everyone to engage their “emperor’s new clothes” delusion, so they can feel better about bad behavior.

Well, my friend, making everyone else “call evil good and good evil” won’t fill that dark void in your soul. Only repentance and redemption through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can do that.
When we give deviant sexual conduct preferred status in law, Christian morality becomes illegal. If you think government-recognized “gay marriage” is harmless to society, you’re playing the fool. It places the Christian sexual ethic and free exercise of religion in direct conflict with law. It’s my sense that many liberty-minded people are finally coming awake to this disturbing reality.

Albert Einstein once said, “Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.”

He was right.

Barronelle Stutzman followed this advice and – though she currently faces government persecution for her choice – she has also become an accidental hero. Pray for her. I know God will surely bless her faithfulness.

Still, know this: If you are a Christian in today’s America, you too will almost certainly find yourself with a similar decision to make. When man’s law violates God’s law, you will have to choose which to obey. Choosing God can mean persecution.
I’ve made my choice.
How will you choose?

Read more: Religious Freedom & ?Gay Marriage? Cannot Coexist - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

But your jesus was gay:eusa_whistle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ch-sparks-outrage-claim-son-God-come-out.html

Last edited:
>

The problem isn't Same-sex Civil Marriage laws as that is between the couple and the government.

The problem is Public Accommodation laws that deprive private business the ability to determine to serve or not serve customers based race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc.

The solution? Amend Public Accommodation laws to only apply to government entities, let private businesses make their own decisions.

So you think private business should have the right to discriminate based upon race and sex?

Just had a call from the 60's, they want their clan leader back...

>

The problem isn't Same-sex Civil Marriage laws as that is between the couple and the government.

The problem is Public Accommodation laws that deprive private business the ability to determine to serve or not serve customers based race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc.

The solution? Amend Public Accommodation laws to only apply to government entities, let private businesses make their own decisions.

So you think private business should have the right to discriminate based upon race and sex?

I, also, don't see a problem with them doing that. WITH THE UNDERSTANDING, they may suffer in business because of it.

>

Ya, I'm more along the lines of a Goldwater Republican. I don't think that it is the governments job to mandate customer service to private business. Now should the government not discriminate? You bet. Should private business be allow to discriminate? You bet.

Didn't say it would be "fair", freedom and liberty are often not "fair". Would it be messy? Probably. But in today's society (unlike that of the 60's) there is a lot less public support for discrimination so such businesses would see an impact on their bottom line. Large corporations and franchise businesses are going to keep equal employment and non-discrimination policies in place because in the modern news and information world they wouldn't want the bad publicity.

So you are right this isn't the 60's, not the 50's or the 40's either. So while intellectually I can understand the need in the context of those times, I'm not required to believe that we still need them in the context of these times.

I'm Irish (last name begins with "Mc" for son of) but have never really researched my clan although I have some research from my father. But I've never been a leader in our families clan.

>>>>

Last edited:

Sure it can.

It already is in a number of states in this great nation of ours.

Someobody needs to wake up the author of this pointless drivel

Unfortunately, a lot of people in the US will agree with the author. Don't tell them about reality. They prefer to live in their own little world.

Gay marriage incompatible with religious freedom

By Erick Erickson
3/26/13

The United States Supreme Court has concluded oral arguments on California's Proposition 8.

In this morning's briefing for RedState.com, I noted that gay marriage and religious freedom are incompatible. The gay rights movement must drive from the town square those who disagree and must punish and silence those who refuse to surrender their belief that marriage is between a man and woman.

Many people howled in protest over email this morning, denying the incompatibility. The irony is that many howling against me will not be on the side of the church and Christian when the fight comes.

But the fight is already here.

Read more: Gay marriage incompatible with religious freedom | Fox News

No one is trying to change your stupid beliefs, you sensationalizing dick! No one is being silenced. No one is being oppressed. BTW, there are several states(9 I think) where same sex marriage is legal, and religious freedom still exists there.

I don't agree. First of all, Christians are not supposed to hate. Also, same-sex marriage law will not force heterosexuals to marry someone of the same sex, it will just allow homosexuals couples to receive the same benefits under the law as heterosexual couples.
Anyone who believes it is a sin, does not need to practice it.

Matt 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Legalizing same-sex marriage does absolutely nothing to Christianity. Nobody is forcing Christians to recognize gay marriages as valid according to their religion, and nobody is forcing priests to perform religious marriage ceremonies with gay couples. Gay couples will simply exist along side of heterosexual couples. You have a right to call relationships what you want--you have no right to dictate what other people call their relationships.

Bullying people or organizations who continue with "homophobic" attitudes has just begun. Chick-Fil-a, the Scouts... Eventually, churches not marrying same-sex couples will fall under the category of homophobia too. Considering that the word "homophobic" is the next "racist", that's a bad thing :cool:

Gay marriage is only the beginning.

Ya, I'm more along the lines of a Goldwater Republican. I don't think that it is the governments job to mandate customer service to private business. Now should the government not discriminate? You bet. Should private business be allow to discriminate? You bet.

Didn't say it would be "fair", freedom and liberty are often not "fair". Would it be messy? Probably. But in today's society (unlike that of the 60's) there is a lot less public support for discrimination so such businesses would see an impact on their bottom line. Large corporations and franchise businesses are going to keep equal employment and non-discrimination policies in place because in the modern news and information world they wouldn't want the bad publicity.

This is a great definition of society dominated by political correctness

I suppose one could "not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also" and still keep a clear conscience :rolleyes:

Allowing gays to marry does not force Christians to change any of their beliefs. They can still practice their religion and get married as usual. No Christian will be forced to enter into a gay marriage against their will. This post is nonsense.

Marriage is one of the holiest of Chrstian rituals. It has a spiritual dimension. If gays had any common decency or religious tolerance they wouldn't insist on calling calling their unions marriage. Instead, they forge ahead with their onslaught against Christianity.

The OP is correct.

I'm Jewish. Does that mean I can't get married, since it's a "Christian ritual"?

There are many religions in the world that have no problem marrying 2 people of the same sex. What makes your religion more important than mine, or anyone else's?

Allowing gays to marry does not force Christians to change any of their beliefs. They can still practice their religion and get married as usual. No Christian will be forced to enter into a gay marriage against their will. This post is nonsense.

Marriage is one of the holiest of Chrstian rituals. It has a spiritual dimension. If gays had any common decency or religious tolerance they wouldn't insist on calling calling their unions marriage. Instead, they forge ahead with their onslaught against Christianity.

The OP is correct.

I'm Jewish. Does that mean I can't get married, since it's a "Christian ritual"?

There are many religions in the world that have no problem marrying 2 people of the same sex. What makes your religion more important than mine, or anyone else's?

Marriage is ultimately a RELIGIOUS illustration of man joined with God. At the very least even in the Jewish tradition marriage was invented by God on the sixth day ---when Eve was created for Adam, brought to Adam as a part of Adam.

But you christers roll out the Hebrew bible when it suits you on homosexuality and the ten commandments:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

The issue here is that God will now forgive sin through faith in Christ Jesus, but one must recognize sin and repent of it. Homosexual marriage is ultimately the celebration of a sinful act. One might as well pee in the face of God.:eek::(
This is why Christians should be abhorant to the very notion of "gay" marriage. Love the sinner but hate the sin --- not embrace it and take it to bed!
I fear what the open acceptance of homosexuality will ultimately mean for our country. There will be no mountains or Zoar to flee to...

If a person is following their religion they should not be forced to recognize the validity of gay marriage. It goes beyond "if you don't believe in same sex marriage don't marry someone of the same sex". It goes to the florist who doesn't want to provide flowers for a same sex wedding. It goes to the counselor who doesn't want to counsel same sex couples. It reaches right into the beliefs of everyone. Gays don't want to "live along side" heterosexual families. They want to force others to accept them as heterosexual families.

You're so close, but just slightly off

Religious freedom does not exist WITHOUT gay marriage, dude.

The OP is correct.

Marriage is ultimately a RELIGIOUS illustration of man joined with God. At the very least even in the Jewish tradition marriage was invented by God on the sixth day ---when Eve was created for Adam, brought to Adam as a part of Adam.

That is shit in so many ways.

If a person is following their religion they should not be forced to recognize the validity of gay marriage. It goes beyond "if you don't believe in same sex marriage don't marry someone of the same sex". It goes to the florist who doesn't want to provide flowers for a same sex wedding. It goes to the counselor who doesn't want to counsel same sex couples. It reaches right into the beliefs of everyone. Gays don't want to "live along side" heterosexual families. They want to force others to accept them as heterosexual families.

No, they want to force the government, who is not supposed to be a biased or religious entity, into recognizing their marriage legally.

They would like the rest of you bastards to recognize them as normal, but only a fucking retarded monkey would believe they could force public perception.

No, they want to force the government, who is not supposed to be a biased or religious entity, into recognizing their marriage legally.

They would like the rest of you bastards to recognize them as normal, but only a fucking retarded monkey would believe they could force public perception.

Then there is no problem whatsoever in securing the freedom of contract to everyone is there? The government must recognize same sex marriage for purposes of state and federal benefits, but everyone else is free to make their own decisions.

That is shit in so many ways.

I know with what esteem you hold marriage by your very choice of words.:eusa_silenced:

Forum List

Back