Remember when 38 year old Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old?

And I do remember when it came out that he was dating someone so young, there was a lot of media noise about it. Lots of people called him a perv.

But he was actually dating her, and not just groping her in secret.

There was some noise, it is extreme.

BUt he has not paid a price for supposedly being a "pervert".

His standing in very liberal circles is as high and strong as ever.

For 2 reasons, I think.

First, 17 is over the age of consent.

Second, and more importantly, he was dating her openly and did so for 4 years. There was a relationship, not just a pervert parking in the dark rubbing on her and telling her to be quiet about it.
Usually a little money or weed helps...

Boy you wouldn't want to do this today, because you'd definitely be called a pedophile, right?

The Game of Love

The Game of Love

Karen S. Schneider
March 28, 1994 12:00 PM

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A SKIT OIN SEINFELD. Real-life Jerry Seinfeld, comedian, TV star and life observer, was strolling through Central Park one day in May 1993 when he spotted a stranger he now calls “the most wonderful girl in the world.” Seinfeld, then 38, sallied over, made small talk and went away with the telephone number of Shoshanna Lonstein—then 17 and a senior at the private Nightingale-Bamford School in Manhattan.

Seinfeld says it was a simple case of acquaintance-making, with “the age issue,” as he calls it, immediately “forgotten.” Other people, however, didn’t forget it. Howard Stern homed in on the May-August aspect of the relationship when the radio host interviewed his old friend last spring. “So,” Stern said, feigning moral indignation, “you sit in Central Park and have a candy bar on a string and pull it when the girls come?”

Amazingly, Seinfeld, master of his comedy domain, was flustered. “She’s not 17, definitely not,” he initially insisted. Then, returning to the Stern show a month later for another attempt at spin control, he still seemed a bit defensive. “I didn’t realize she was so young,” he said. “This is the only girl I ever went out with who was that young. I wasn’t dating her. We just went to a restaurant, and that was it.”

Except that, as time passed, the relationship changed. For months now, Seinfeld and Lonstein have quietly gone about the business of getting to know one another. At George Washington University in Washington, where Lonstein, now 18, enrolled in September, the couple walk arm in arm across campus when Seinfeld pops in for an occasional visit. On weekend trips to Los Angeles, where he tapes his show”, they have eggs and cheesecake with his friends and cast members at Jem’s Famous Deli in Studio City before heading off to spend an afternoon shooting hoops in the park. “I think it’s serious between them,” says Seinfeld’s close friend, comedian George Wallace. “She’s beautiful and mature. She’s good for him.” Adds Seinfeld’s manager of 14 years, George Shapiro: “I’ve never seen him happier.”

Cover Story: The Game of Love - Vol. 41 No. 11
Seinfield: if I were her mother, I wouldn't have allowed it. However, note that he did not stalk high school girls. He didn't hang around malls where teens hung out in order to look for dates with high school girls. He didn't go to high school ball games to stalk high school girls. And last but not least: he didn't assault 14 year old girls.

The comparison is a false analogy.

Last edited:
`
`

Remember when adults were clueless when it came to telling the difference between a comedy/fantasy farce and reality? If not, you are witnessing history right now in this thread.

I think what they're trying to say is that it's not really bad for middle aged men to go after teen aged girls. It's only bad for politicians to do it. You were probably confused by all the moralistic shrieks of outrage proclaiming Moore to be evil and whatnot. Apparently, he didn't get the memo saying that it was fine to do it as long as he didn't want to run for office 40 years later.

`
`

Remember when adults were clueless when it came to telling the difference between a comedy/fantasy farce and reality? If not, you are witnessing history right now in this thread.

This was not an episode of Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld the real life person began dating this woman when she was 17.

you know it. You just won't admit it.

It ain't even my point, Doofus.

I ain't the asshat who tried to equate a politician to a comedian. I did ask the OP for an explanation on that, and he ran away. I asked you the same thing and you go "humma humma humma".

No one is denying the Seinfeld dated this girl, you only have unproven accusations.

I could not possibly give less of a flying fuck who fucking Jerry Seinfeld dates. HOW is that any of my business? Hm?

But it's instructive that you're obsessed with it. Pathetic too.

THe point is not equating the two people.

That ship already sailed. Read the title of this thread.
I'm still waiting for an answer on how that equation works. I'm still not getting one.
Nor do I expect to. That's how fucking stupid it is.

The point is the difference in reaction from liberals.

To what is there to "react"?

Oh wait, that's the same question you can't answer. Lather, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

There was and have been reactions to such an age gap before.

The way someone reacts to similar events differently based on partisan concerns tells us something about the person.

Guess it does.
And the way some wags piss away their time worrying about what other people they don't know, will never know, and whose lives have absolutely zero to do with theirs, speaks volumes about their need of what we call a "life".

:lol: @. Liberals squirming under the spotlight of their own hypocrisy.

This was not an episode of Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld the real life person began dating this woman when she was 17.
`
`

I am corrected, you are right. A major yuck factor. Luckily he's not running for the US Senate and she's 14.

Agree....Major yuck factor on Seinfeld
Other than getting laid, I don't see what a nearly 40 year old man has in common with a 17 year old

But I'm not voting for him for Senator

`
`

I am corrected, you are right. A major yuck factor. Luckily he's not running for the US Senate and she's 14.

Other than getting laid, I don't see what a nearly 40 year old man has in common with a 17 year old

And that is my point. It's not really bad for a middle aged man to chase teen aged girls unless they want to run for office 40 years later. Then its evil.

you know it. You just won't admit it.

It ain't even my point, Doofus.

I ain't the asshat who tried to equate a politician to a comedian. I did ask the OP for an explanation on that, and he ran away. I asked you the same thing and you go "humma humma humma".

No one is denying the Seinfeld dated this girl, you only have unproven accusations.

I could not possibly give less of a flying fuck who fucking Jerry Seinfeld dates. HOW is that any of my business? Hm?

But it's instructive that you're obsessed with it. Pathetic too.

THe point is not equating the two people.

That ship already sailed. Read the title of this thread.
I'm still waiting for an answer on how that equation works. I'm still not getting one.
Nor do I expect to. That's how fucking stupid it is.

The point is the difference in reaction from liberals.

To what is there to "react"?

Oh wait, that's the same question you can't answer. Lather, rinse, repeat. Yawn.

There was and have been reactions to such an age gap before.

The way someone reacts to similar events differently based on partisan concerns tells us something about the person.

Guess it does.
And the way some wags piss away their time worrying about what other people they don't know, will never know, and whose lives have absolutely zero to do with theirs, speaks volumes about their need of what we call a "life".

The way that you lefties have weaponized pretended offense, effects national policy and thus does effect me.

And I do remember when it came out that he was dating someone so young, there was a lot of media noise about it. Lots of people called him a perv.

For 2 reasons, I think.

Second, and more importantly, he was dating her openly and did so for 4 years. There was a relationship, not just a pervert parking in the dark rubbing on her and telling her to be quiet about it.

16 is over the age of consent too, and lefties pick and choose which unsupported accusations to believe based on partisan politics.

`
`

And that is my point. It's not really bad for a middle aged man to chase teen aged girls unless they want to run for office 40 years later. Then its evil.

Correction, unless they plant to run for office AS A REPUBLICAN.

If Moore was a democrat, all these libs would be poo pooing this.

For 2 reasons, I think.

16 is over the age of consent too, and lefties pick and choose which unsupported accusations to believe based on partisan politics.

14 is certainly not over the age of consent.

And I think the fact that one was openly dating his choice, and the other was hiding in dark places and telling the girl to keep quiet speaks volumes.

Remember when Jerry made moral judgements against others? Me either.

Remember when all Jerry did was park in a dark spot and rub on the girl? Me either.

Remember when Jerry tried to push a ruling in a rape case where a 12 year old girl was raped, and he wanted her sexual history to be introduced for the expressed purpose of defending the man who raped her? Me either.

Remember when Jerry started dating a girl who was under the age of consent? Me either.
Remember when someone gave some evidence about any of this? Me either.

The point is the age difference not the alleged details, but go along with the crowd, dude. Sticking to the herd has its advantages I agree.

Forum List

Back