Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

I haven't said that it cannot be racist. Just that, in the context used, it was not racist.

Fact, not opinion.

In the context it was used, it's not clear at all how it was intended. However, like I said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's clear to anyone with a reasonable intellect. It was used in the original context - that of the stickiness of tar, not the color of tar. Supporting Obama's policies will stick to those who do.... and, come election time, it's gonna still be sticking to them. Not rocket science.

As I said, I despise racism, and I also despise race baiting.

Bullshit. He referred to a black man as a tar baby. The context is ambiguous at best.

In the context it was used, it's not clear at all how it was intended. However, like I said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's clear to anyone with a reasonable intellect. It was used in the original context - that of the stickiness of tar, not the color of tar. Supporting Obama's policies will stick to those who do.... and, come election time, it's gonna still be sticking to them. Not rocket science.

As I said, I despise racism, and I also despise race baiting.

Bullshit. He referred to a black man as a tar baby. The context is ambiguous at best.

If she despised racism as much as she claims, she'd, at the very least, be willing to
consider that most people see the term "tar baby" as racist, regardless of what context it's use in.

Tar_Baby2.jpg

tarbaby-794431.jpg

tarbaby.jpg

Yeah, nothing awkward about calling a black man a tar baby. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

:eusa_whistle:

There are bigots in the Democrat Party.... it's excused as a 'big tent'. So you can fuck off holding other people to a different standard.

When the Democrats have no bigots in their midst, then - and only then - can they bitch about others.

Idiot.

Where do I hold anyone to a different standard?? Also, look at what I asked and then look how you responded. As usual, you did not answer the question. All you did was avoid the question, state the obvious, and tell a lie. So you can fuck off, how's that???

You're a pig ignorant, lying, fat assed bitch.

Are you ever going to stop embarrassing yourself with these low class posts??

To review.... this is what he said:

“Even if some people say, ‘Well, the Republicans should have done this or they should have done that,’ they will hold the president responsible. Now, I don’t even want to have to be associated with him. It’s like touching a tar baby and you get it, you’re stuck, and you’re a part of the problem now and you can’t get away.”

Now, to review the origins of the phrase 'tar baby'. It originates from the 19th-century Uncle Remus stories. In one particular story, B'rer Fox makes a doll out of a lump of tar and uses it to trap B'rer Rabbit. B'rer Rabbit gets more and more stuck the more he hits and kicks the tar baby.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can easily understand the context. So, can someone please clearly and logically explain how the fuck that comment is racist.

You are an ignorant, racist bitch. Quit trying to shove this crap down people's throats. Do you think this poor excuse of an explanation fools anybody?? Why don't you just own that you're as bigoted as the day is long?? Get a spine.

“Even if some people say, ‘Well, the Republicans should have done this or they should have done that,’ they will hold the president responsible. Now, I don’t even want to have to be associated with him. It’s like touching a tar baby and you get it, you’re stuck, and you’re a part of the problem now and you can’t get away.”

Now, to review the origins of the phrase 'tar baby'. It originates from the 19th-century Uncle Remus stories. In one particular story, B'rer Fox makes a doll out of a lump of tar and uses it to trap B'rer Rabbit. B'rer Rabbit gets more and more stuck the more he hits and kicks the tar baby.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can easily understand the context. So, can someone please clearly and logically explain how the fuck that comment is racist.

No, they cannot.

You wouldn't get it, Willow. You probably can't even dress yourself yet.

It's only racist if he intended it to be a racial slur. Only he knows for sure.

But he did apologize. :eusa_whistle:

I honestly just do not see how it could be perceived as racist. I wish I did, because I like to at least understand the argument, even if I don't agree with it. I just do not get it. And I am not a stupid person.

If anybody buys this bullshit, this country is in more trouble than I thought.

It's been explained enough. If you want to be viewed as racist, go right ahead and use it.
If not, don't. A fucking first grader can understand that. Oh and BTW, the "N" word began as a word that wasn't racist either. Feel free to use that term too, because it wasn't considered racist once. Etymology of a word , or phrase, has a lot more to do with the modern usage than just one story OR WHERE IT ORIGINATED. You come off like some KKK member trying to justify being racist with the bible.

You come off like a fucking idiot.

The 'n' word has, historically, been used as demeaning to blacks. I can understand that. Hence I do not use the word.

'Tar baby' is not racist. The 'racist' element has been created by those seeking to manipulate stupid people. I am not a stupid person so it's not that easy to manipulate me.

Oh, and BTW, I'm still waiting for some explanation of how the fuck it is racist in the context it was used in.

Faux outrage and pretend racism is sickening.... and, worse, it is dangerous. It mocks those who suffer from real, actual racism, and makes it far harder to spot real racism. Personally, I find that quite annoying. You may as well just come out and claim that everyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

If my explanations are idiotic, it's only because I'm responding to your arguments in kind.
You claimed, "now, let's look at where the term 'tar baby' originated". I responded by trying to inform you that the "N" WORD has the same non-racist origins. However, since then, both word have been hijacked by racist, who have attached racist connotations to their usage. As a result, anyone who uses EITHER TERMS are viewed a racist. Words and phrases have a history, termed etymology. I really don't know any other way to explain it to you. I will only tell you that in the black community "tar baby" is right up there having the same offensiveness as the "N" word.

YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WHAT'S OFFENSIVE TO BLACKS.
THAT'S YOU'RE FUCKING PROBLEM.

YOU THINK IN TERMS OF A WHITE PRIVILEGES MENTALITY THAT STILL THINKS YOU GET TO TELL BLACKS WHAT THEY FIND OFFENSIVE, IN A COMMUNITY, YOU DON'T BELONG TO.

DON'T LECTURE ME ABOUT WHAT'S DANGEROUS. I'M BLACK. I KNOW WHAT IS CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE IN THE THAT COMMUNITY, BECAUSE I BELONG TO IT.

GET A FUCKING CLUE.
MY GOD, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?

Her problem is that she's a mean and bitter broad and takes it out on every single person she can. You can see why I would never again explain my reasons for anything I say. I don't care how many times she asks. I am convinced that she gets it. She just wants everybody to, "explain" so that she can turn around with another vicious attack. This bitch is a real piece of work.

It's only racist if he intended it to be a racial slur. Only he knows for sure.

But he did apologize. :eusa_whistle:

I honestly just do not see how it could be perceived as racist. I wish I did, because I like to at least understand the argument, even if I don't agree with it. I just do not get it. And I am not a stupid person.

Better get to building a bunker then, b/c I buy it... in context, I see NO PROBLEM with it.

You asshats hollering about racism are just a bunch bitchy little punks who want to throw as much shit at the conservatives as possible, in the hopes that it sticks. Plus, your racists yourselves most likely.... race is the last thing I think of when I first meet someone.

Problem for you is... most normal Americans are beginning to see right thru you idiots garbage storms.

The more rope you take, the tighter the noose will get..... wait, is that a racist remark too?
Because I was referring to the "give em enough rope yada yada" remark, OK?
:confused:

Thanks.

That was a fine bit of witty repartee if I do say so myself. Even left Ali speechless. So much so that he couldn't think of a comeback worthy of my post and so he was forced to place me on ignore so he wouldn't embarrass himself further.

Oh, shut up, stupid. I highly doubt it. You are so impressed with yourself, but I think that was stupid and not the least bit witty. I can see why Zander liked it. Another fool.

Better get to building a bunker then, b/c I buy it... in context, I see NO PROBLEM with it.

You asshats hollering about racism are just a bunch bitchy little punks who want to throw as much shit at the conservatives as possible, in the hopes that it sticks. Plus, your racists yourselves most likely.... race is the last thing I think of when I first meet someone.

Problem for you is... most normal Americans are beginning to see right thru you idiots garbage storms.

The more rope you take, the tighter the noose will get..... wait, is that a racist remark too?

Go to hell, you jerk.

Go to hell, you jerk.

You first.... I will even hold the door for ya.

:dev3: *glad to see I got to ya*:dev3:

Source?

Go to hell, you jerk.

That's exactly where bottom feeders like this chump post from.

If my explanations are idiotic, it's only because I'm responding to your arguments in kind.
You claimed, "now, let's look at where the term 'tar baby' originated". I responded by trying to inform you that the "N" has the same non-racist origins. However, since then, both word have been hijacked by racist, who have attached racist connotations to their usage. As a result, anyone who uses EITHER TERMS are viewed a racist. Words and phrases have a history, termed etymology. I really don't know any other way to explain it to you. I will only tell you that in the black community "tar baby" is right up there having the same offensiveness as the "N" word.

THAT'S YOU FUCKING PROBLEM.

YOU THINK IN TERMS OF A WHITE PRIVILEGES MENTALITY THAT STILL THINKS YOU GET TO TELL BLACKS WHAT THEY FIND OFFENSIVE, BECAUSE YOU'RE WHITE.

DON'T LECTURE ME ABOUT WHAT'S DANGEROUS. I'M BLACK. I KNOW WHAT IS CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE IN THE THAT COMMUNITY, BECAUSE I BELONG TO IT.

GET A FUCKING CLUE.

My problem, oh hysterical one, is that no one gets to decide what is offensive to any individual. You don't speak for 'blacks' any more than anyone else. I could not give a shit what color your skin is. Being black is no more or no less than being blond, or blue eyed, or a redhead. You're not a 'community', you're an individual. 'Community' is a political tool used by those who are arrogant enough to think they can speak for others. You can stick your 'community' where the sun don't shine.

And your need to capitalize your post shows a lack of self control. I dislike hysteria. I find it clouds one's judgement and ability to think logically.

'Tar baby' is not racist unless it is used in a racist way.

My problem is idiots who use racism as a political tool. I find that equally as offensive as real racism. Actually, in some respects, it is worse than real racism.... because people like you make it harder to see the real racists. If you cared about this mythical 'black community', you would not use racism as a weapon.

Ok, fine.
If you want to play this game.

Please source one black person that doesn't think "tar baby" is a racist term.

Interestingly, yesterday I spoke to my cousin's husband - he's black (I add that only because you insist that skin color is relevant) - he says he does not consider it racist - unless someone uses it as a way to insult a black person - then, he would consider it racist. So, I can source a black guy who doesn't think it is racist. But.... he is a very smart guy so perhaps intellect counts when it comes to racism.

You come off like a fucking idiot.

The 'n' word has, historically, been used as demeaning to blacks. I can understand that. Hence I do not use the word.

'Tar baby' is not racist. The 'racist' element has been created by those seeking to manipulate stupid people. I am not a stupid person so it's not that easy to manipulate me.

Oh, and BTW, I'm still waiting for some explanation of how the fuck it is racist in the context it was used in.

Faux outrage and pretend racism is sickening.... and, worse, it is dangerous. It mocks those who suffer from real, actual racism, and makes it far harder to spot real racism. Personally, I find that quite annoying. You may as well just come out and claim that everyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

You claimed, "now, let's look at where the term 'tar baby' originated". I responded by trying to inform you that the "N" WORD has the same non-racist origins. However, since then, both word have been hijacked by racist, who have attached racist connotations to their usage. As a result, anyone who uses EITHER TERMS are viewed a racist. Words and phrases have a history, termed etymology. I really don't know any other way to explain it to you. I will only tell you that in the black community "tar baby" is right up there having the same offensiveness as the "N" word.

THAT'S YOU'RE FUCKING PROBLEM.

YOU THINK IN TERMS OF A WHITE PRIVILEGES MENTALITY THAT STILL THINKS YOU GET TO TELL BLACKS WHAT THEY FIND OFFENSIVE, IN A COMMUNITY, YOU DON'T BELONG TO.

GET A FUCKING CLUE.

Her problem is that she's a mean and bitter broad and takes it out on every single person she can. You can see why I would never again explain my reasons for anything I say. I don't care how many times she asks. I am convinced that she gets it. She just wants everybody to, "explain" so that she can turn around with another vicious attack. This bitch is a real piece of work.

:lol::lol: Maybe. On the bright side, I have never ever insulted anyone's deceased family - ever. That, my fat friend, is your way. I have standards.... unlike you, ya fat assed ho.

Go to hell, you jerk.

That's exactly where bottom feeders like this chump post from.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are an ignorant, racist bitch. Quit trying to shove this crap down people's throats. Do you think this poor excuse of an explanation fools anybody?? Why don't you just own that you're as bigoted as the day is long?? Get a spine.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm a racist? :lol::lol::lol:

Calling someone a racist for point scoring is, in itself, racist. So the racist is you, fatty.

Forum List

Back