🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Replace the ACA with single payer

Why not? Seriously, Canada, Uk, Germany, France, and on down the list have it. It is a proven system and it works. I seriously believe that our healthcare system shouldn't be about jacking up the price just because you're sick. That is wrong.
Notice every single place you cited has worse healthcare than America before we Socialized, and our economy is significantly better. Healthcare should be privatized entirely.

You also don't seem to know what the word "works" means.

Tell an uninsured person that the US has the best healthcare. No it should not be privatized.
I am uninsured and I can assure you that the entire current system is more fucked up than I have seen it in my years here on earth. The political hacks and greedy assholes who say that they are only interested in making sure everyone is treated well have done all of this under the color of 'looking out for everyone's best interest which is absolute bullshit. We have the most incompetent people in a hell of a lot of places and positions of decision making where they should have never been allowed telling other people what they will, can and cannot do.

Go on, lets hear more, are you on the ACA? Are you employed, if not why not. Are you retired?
Its is all a longer story than I desire to reiterate on USMB. No insurance. Not employed since 2007 when I was covered in caustic chemicals on the job and the employer and insurance company refused adequate medical care or even an accurate account of the chemicals that I was covered in. It took me four years to locate what the actual chemicals were. Basically the state assisted the insurance company, the chemical company and the employer in covering over what they did. Applied for SSI hoping for some assistance in figuring out ways to overcome being disabled or at least a little financial help while I personally figured out what I could do to try to overcome what had happened to me from that chemical exposure.It was denied. Thank God for that as I learned through researching on my own the last year that with natural holistic methods and herbs I could rebuild my damaged lungs, with holistic measures I overcome the pain in my heart that had started after the chemical disaster. Plus I also learned I could have avoided at least four surgeries in my life prior to the chemical exposure had the information been available then that is now available to both doctors and anyone who dedicates themselves to seeking it out on the Internet.

I take it you messed with workers comp. They do whatever to get out of paying. I am sorry you didn't get a good lawyer as you should of got healthcare and a settlement from them. This is the same old insurance companies that refuse insurance to thousands before the ACA stepped in and created no pre existing condition clause. Regular hospital insurance will ask if problem happened at work or in an auto accident and usually those pay first. I am sorry you had such a bad experience but that will also be the case if they repeal the ACA, glad you are doing better.

Replace the ACA with single payer the rest of the civilized world enjoys. Lets not be left out in the cold!!!!

-It would be cheaper
-Moral

Only rich can afford what the ryans of this world want. That is wrong.

You may be in luck, that was one of Donald Trump's proposals.
Trump Pushes Single Payer Healthcare, Tax Increase on Wealthy - Breitbart

That was a year ago and he said whatever to get votes:
Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably

Hospitals cant say no to people who come to the er now. That is not health insurance.

Notice every single place you cited has worse healthcare than America before we Socialized, and our economy is significantly better. Healthcare should be privatized entirely.

You also don't seem to know what the word "works" means.

Tell an uninsured person that the US has the best healthcare. No it should not be privatized.
I am uninsured and I can assure you that the entire current system is more fucked up than I have seen it in my years here on earth. The political hacks and greedy assholes who say that they are only interested in making sure everyone is treated well have done all of this under the color of 'looking out for everyone's best interest which is absolute bullshit. We have the most incompetent people in a hell of a lot of places and positions of decision making where they should have never been allowed telling other people what they will, can and cannot do.

Go on, lets hear more, are you on the ACA? Are you employed, if not why not. Are you retired?
Its is all a longer story than I desire to reiterate on USMB. No insurance. Not employed since 2007 when I was covered in caustic chemicals on the job and the employer and insurance company refused adequate medical care or even an accurate account of the chemicals that I was covered in. It took me four years to locate what the actual chemicals were. Basically the state assisted the insurance company, the chemical company and the employer in covering over what they did. Applied for SSI hoping for some assistance in figuring out ways to overcome being disabled or at least a little financial help while I personally figured out what I could do to try to overcome what had happened to me from that chemical exposure.It was denied. Thank God for that as I learned through researching on my own the last year that with natural holistic methods and herbs I could rebuild my damaged lungs, with holistic measures I overcome the pain in my heart that had started after the chemical disaster. Plus I also learned I could have avoided at least four surgeries in my life prior to the chemical exposure had the information been available then that is now available to both doctors and anyone who dedicates themselves to seeking it out on the Internet.

I take it you messed with workers comp. They do whatever to get out of paying. I am sorry you didn't get a good lawyer as you should of got healthcare and a settlement from them. This is the same old insurance companies that refuse insurance to thousands before the ACA stepped in and created no pre existing condition clause. Regular hospital insurance will ask if problem happened at work or in an auto accident and usually those pay first. I am sorry you had such a bad experience but that will also be the case if they repeal the ACA, glad you are doing better.
I had a "good lawyer" it just so happened he was neighbor to the insurance company slime doctor and as far as the state goes it has just been their ongoing bullshit from their previous crimes against me and my former business enterprises. It is really that simple and there is way too much money and corruption in government.

Plus a lot of your hospital systems are as corrupt as can be. They remind me of this guy locally here that always put in a little recall measure on the jobs he did. He'd fuck something up so whoever had him doing the work would call him back to fix whatever he screwed up (some auto mechanics have been doing that for years and docs are now in on that game). The federal government does not belong in big business and it sure as hell doesn't belong in the peoples choice of their own healthcare of all things. There are too many ways for corruption to enter into the large businesses; regardless of what type of business it is stifles private enterprise. My experience is a bit unique in some ways but it also just shows again how big money business and their corrupt ways screw the taxpayer time and time again. The ignorant go along with these scams believing that they will actually get some help until it gets to the point we are at today and too many are sick and tired of the lies they have been fed.

This is the National Health Service in Britain...And they have a tiny population......without the added cost of an effective military....and they are still going broke...

NHS chiefs warn that hospitals in England are on the brink of collapse

NHS is close to breaking point because of its escalating cash crisis.

Years of underfunding have left the service facing such “impossible” demands that without urgent extra investment in November’s autumn statement it will have to cut staff, bring in charges or introduce “draconian rationing” of treatment – all options that will provoke public disquiet, it says.

In an unprecedentedly bleak assessment of the NHS’s own health, NHS Providers, which speaks for hospital trust chairs and chief executives, tells ministers that widespread breaches of performance targets, chronic understaffing and huge overspends by hospitals mean that it is heading back to the visible decline it last experienced in the 1990s.

Can anyone please explain how you expect the same incompetent government that can't provide adequate healthcare for our Vets...a tiny population of people...can then go on and provide quality, and timely healthcare to 320 million people.........? Please...do explain....

I had a "good lawyer" it just so happened he was neighbor to the insurance company slime doctor and as far as the state goes it has just been their ongoing bullshit from their previous crimes against me and my former business enterprises. It is really that simple and there is way too much money and corruption in government.

Plus a lot of your hospital systems are as corrupt as can be. They remind me of this guy locally here that always put in a little recall measure on the jobs he did. He'd fuck something up so whoever had him doing the work would call him back to fix whatever he screwed up (some auto mechanics have been doing that for years and docs are now in on that game). The federal government does not belong in big business and it sure as hell doesn't belong in the peoples choice of their own healthcare of all things. There are too many ways for corruption to enter into the large businesses; regardless of what type of business it is stifles private enterprise. My experience is a bit unique in some ways but it also just shows again how big money business and their corrupt ways screw the taxpayer time and time again. The ignorant go along with these scams believing that they will actually get some help until it gets to the point we are at today and too many are sick and tired of the lies they have been fed.

I do not believe that the maj of doctors do this. We do have to read our explanation of benefits to make sure we are not being charged for something. I am pro the ACA, and while it needs work, as all new programs do, the Pubs will not continue to work on it, whereas a Dem would. The only way to go is universal HI now. HSA is not going to help anyone but the upper middleclass and beyond. There are not that many HI insurance companies in the US, and when they buy out the little man, watch out. Its not the ACA raising prices, its the insurance companies.

I do not believe that the maj of doctors do this. We do have to read our explanation of benefits to make sure we are not being charged for something. I am pro the ACA, and while it needs work, as all new programs do, the Pubs will not continue to work on it, whereas a Dem would. The only way to go is universal HI now. HSA is not going to help anyone but the upper middleclass and beyond. There are not that many HI insurance companies in the US, and when they buy out the little man, watch out. Its not the ACA raising prices, its the insurance companies.
What has been done by both Dems and Reps is a shame on the people of this country. Insurance is a racket and full of racketeers.

FYI, some little guys do not sell out but the corrupt will definitely take them out and there are too many people willingly going along with it at this point who receive their paychecks either directly or indirectly through the taxpayers dollars. The government in this country has no right whatsoever to force anyone to purchase anything. Nor can they legally tax the people without representation which is exactly what they have been doing when allowing thugs to rule over the people without paying their own damn taxes.

Can anyone please explain how you expect the same incompetent government that can't provide adequate healthcare for our Vets...a tiny population of people...can then go on and provide quality, and timely healthcare to 320 million people.........? Please...do explain....
They can't. The system now is too screwed up for the vets and people in general. Rod received excellent care ten years ago but I can't say how that would go today. From what I am hearing a whole lot of vets are complaining even here locally about getting an appointment even.

They can't. The system now is too screwed up for the vets and people in general. Rod received excellent care ten years ago but I can't say how that would go today. From what I am hearing a whole lot of vets are complaining even here locally about getting an appointment even.

and yet they think the same people who won't fix the V.A. can now take that on a national level for 320 million people......they are nuts...

So why is Trump going to cut the top tax bracket. The gov is not providing care, the ACA is an insurance group of insurance, not healthcare. Two different things. Hospitals CEO make good money, as the richest man in TN and the governor of Fl.

So why is Trump going to cut the top tax bracket. The gov is not providing care, the ACA is an insurance group of insurance, not healthcare. Two different things. Hospitals CEO make good money, as the richest man in TN and the governor of Fl.

Because when you cut taxes you increase tax money going to the government because the economy goes into over drive....when Reagan cut taxes revenue to the government almost doubled....then the democrats spent over double and wasted it........

The ACA was created to destroy private healthcare...not innovate it......the last thing we need is bureaucrats and corrupt politicians running our healthcare...they did such a bang up job with everything else we are only 20 trillion dollars in debt with nothing to show for it...those are the people you want running your life saving medicine...really?

Why not? Seriously, Canada, Uk, Germany, France, and on down the list have it. It is a proven system and it works. I seriously believe that our healthcare system shouldn't be about jacking up the price just because you're sick. That is wrong.

Ah yes, the goal of Obamacare was to force the country into single payer! How about we unscrew healthcare and eventually the economy, by returning to private insurance, but by allowing health insurance companies to compete across state lines!

Your problem is not just group care. This is no better than saying the banks were too big to fail yet the whole wile letting many of those big bankers who purposely cooked the books get off without so much as a mention about what they did. The crooked Dems and the crooked Reps allowed that to happen and yet many of those were the same ones whining like a son of a bitch while Trump was gaining the support of the people. Your trying to make all things fit into one package and it cannot work that away.

Ah yes, the goal of Obamacare was to force the country into single payer! How about we unscrew healthcare and eventually the economy, by returning to private insurance, but by allowing health insurance companies to compete across state lines!

There are many ways to improve our healthcare .....giving the government control over healthcare and expecting the greedy, corrupt, asshole polticians to actually make it work is the kind of mental illness that inflicts the left.......

Because when you cut taxes you increase tax money going to the government because the economy goes into over drive....when Reagan cut taxes revenue to the government almost doubled....then the democrats spent over double and wasted it........

The ACA was created to destroy private healthcare...not innovate it......the last thing we need is bureaucrats and corrupt politicians running our healthcare...they did such a bang up job with everything else we are only 20 trillion dollars in debt with nothing to show for it...those are the people you want running your life saving medicine...really?

Reagan also raised taxes. No when you cut taxes on the wealthy it goes in their pocket, it does not trickle down , when you cut taxes on the middle class it trickles down and around and slowly back up. The greedy ones at the top hate to wait for it to trickle up. Trickle down does not work.

Yes I know that is why BCBS of MI made almost 16 or 17 million last year. No one ran our healthcare, just you need to carry insurance, either at work or anyway, as long as you have it. Do you have a problem with having to have insurance? Most people that have no clue about the ACA state this reason.

Your problem is not just group care. This is no better than saying the banks were too big to fail yet the whole wile letting many of those big bankers who purposely cooked the books get off without so much as a mention about what they did. The crooked Dems and the crooked Reps allowed that to happen and yet many of those were the same ones whining like a son of a bitch while Trump was gaining the support of the people. Your trying to make all things fit into one package and it cannot work that away.

Ask Bernie and Elizabeth Warren about their fight to not let Pubs repeal Frank Dodd. Trump has Goldman Sachs in his cabinet, oil men and generals, and billionaires. Good luck, big business just got a go ahead from Trump.

Replace the ACA with single payer the rest of the civilized world enjoys. Lets not be left out in the cold!!!!

-It would be cheaper
-Moral

Only rich can afford what the ryans of this world want. That is wrong.

Yes, and pay for it at cash register sales across the country...% on value for sugars, tobacco products & booze...the three main killers of the poor who need the system. Perfect. Article I, Section 8 give us the power to tax ourselves for our common Welfare. We fund the protection & extension of human life via taxation for police, fire and military. Why is it OK for microbes to kill us when it's not OK for jihadists or robbers or fire?

Yes, it would be cheaper. And moreso than you ever imagined. Better still the 1%er's portfolios will INCREASE when regular people no longer saddled with the equivalent of a 2nd mortgage (equivalent to premiums & deductibles for private for-profit insurance), will go out and SPEND that extra money each month. Guess who wins in that scenario? Yep, the top 1%

Really, the only people on earth who would oppose such a system are the for-profit death-racketeers, known as "private healthcare". They'd be really bummed if the public had a regular audit on their current Vegas-style numbers game where hospitals pump costs 10,000% of actual value....and price-fixing simple medicines vital to saving lives. It's a clever way of "if you're poor and cannot afford our racket, you die". Who gives a crap if that industry falls to its knees?

Reagan also raised taxes. No when you cut taxes on the wealthy it goes in their pocket, it does not trickle down , when you cut taxes on the middle class it trickles down and around and slowly back up. The greedy ones at the top hate to wait for it to trickle up. Trickle down does not work.

Yes I know that is why BCBS of MI made almost 16 or 17 million last year. No one ran our healthcare, just you need to carry insurance, either at work or anyway, as long as you have it. Do you have a problem with having to have insurance? Most people that have no clue about the ACA state this reason.

No...it doesn't....they invest it...and start more businesses, expand orignal ones and the economy grows....revenue to the U.S. government under Reagan almost doubled...the problem was that the democrat spending increased over 2 times......

Yes......you can't force people to get insurance in a free country.......and if you get government out of it, and expand competition you will have more choices and better care......look at your freaking I-phone......it gets better and cheaper because of competition.....the same will happen with healthcare...you can already see new ways to deliver healthcare ...clinics in Walmarts and Grocery Stores, Nursing Practioners handling everyday appointments.......open up competition and healthcare innovation will expand...put government in charge and you will wait in line for basic services and you will lose new and wonderful medical innovations...

You mean have the gov tell all states what they can allow on a HI plan? We only have a few large insurance companies now, besides HMO's.

Which middle class are you talking about? The ones working for the taxpayer and corporate banking/insurance industry because that would be what is left in the working middle class as the majority of the rest of the middle class are gone already or retired. All you have left is a residue of working middle class left in this country.

Forum List

Back