Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Dummy, I'm giving you FACTS.

The fact is, Obama wasn't big on bipartisan cooperation. Ever. Idiot.

I'm telling you EXACTLY HOW HE WAS CO-OPERATING ON TACKLING THE DEFICITS you fucking dimwit and your response is "nuh-uh he would never do that"

This was Obama talking about conceeding spending cuts to get to a compromise:

"A lot of people say a lot of things to satisfy their base or to get on cable news," he said. "Hopefully, leaders at a certain point rise to the occasion and do the right thing for the American people. That is what I expect to happen this time. Call me naive, but my expectation is leaders are going to lead....I've already shown I'm prepared to make decisions that are very tough and will give my base of voters further reason to give me a hard time,"

Your replies are not sane.

Heavy on talking, light on actually cooperating.

Dummy, I'm giving you FACTS.

The fact is, Obama wasn't big on bipartisan cooperation. Ever. Idiot.

I'm telling you EXACTLY HOW HE WAS CO-OPERATING ON TACKLING THE DEFICITS you fucking dimwit and your response is "nuh-uh he would never do that"

This was Obama talking about conceeding spending cuts to get to a compromise:

"A lot of people say a lot of things to satisfy their base or to get on cable news," he said. "Hopefully, leaders at a certain point rise to the occasion and do the right thing for the American people. That is what I expect to happen this time. Call me naive, but my expectation is leaders are going to lead....I've already shown I'm prepared to make decisions that are very tough and will give my base of voters further reason to give me a hard time,"

Your replies are not sane.

Heavy on talking, light on actually cooperating.

So lets first note that Trump fell way short of EVEN THAT.

Secondly, What the hell else did you want him to do?? Whats the compromise exactly when so many Republicans are not interested in compromising on the revenues???

Democrats like Obama were saying - ok we will take the heat from our base and put up sacred spending cows on the table, but you've got to give on revenues some. And whats the general Republican response? NUH-UH! Raising taxes is against our dogma!

So what compromises exactly do you have in your head that Obama missed out on because he was suppposedly such a dug in, uncompromising asshole to people who's expressly stated #1 priority above all else was to make Obama one term President?

(I'm just kidding, I know you have little to nothing beyond partisan drivel up there)

Last edited:
Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
History and politics not strong with you is it cum breath?
And yet you can’t deny any of the facts.
Deny what you don't know the facts.

Reagan had to compromise with tippy

Newt is the one who balanced the budget for a few
Fact is that repubs fuel increased spending with tax cuts.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

now you're finally getting it

No one cares about the debt.

And it ain't gonna matter before I'm dead so i don't care either

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

got it.

I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

presidents have increased taxes and still no one cared.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

Clinton raised taxes and no one cared that he raised the debt

Bush #1 raised taxes and no one cared that he increased the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?

What programs did Obama say he was willing to cut? . . . . . .

That's right: none.
And trump increased spending and cut taxes.
The bottom line is that no Dim president has ever proposed cutting spending.
Bottom line is that repubs increase spending and cut taxes. Worse.

it's meaningless

both parties have added to the debt because neither party really cares

Look, why don't you stop running your know-nothing mouth, take a bit of time and read this speech by Obama:

here is an excerpt from it:

So here's the truth. Around two-thirds of our budget -- two-thirds -- is spent on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and national security. Two-thirds. Programs like unemployment insurance, student loans, veterans' benefits, and tax credits for working families take up another 20 percent.

What's left, after interest on the debt, is just 12 percent for everything else. That's 12 percent for all of our national priorities -- education, clean energy, medical research, transportation, our national parks, food safety, keeping our air and water clean -- you name it -- all of that accounts for 12 percent of our budget.

Now, up till now, the debate here in Washington, the cuts proposed by a lot of folks in Washington, have focused exclusively on that 12 percent. But cuts to that 12 percent alone won't solve the problem. So any serious plan to tackle our deficit will require us to put everything on the table, and take on excess spending wherever it exists in the budget.

Obama CLEARLY has said that he is willing to compromise on spending and to cut major programs like SS, Medicare/Medicaid and etc.

Look, why don't you stop running your know-nothing mouth, take a bit of time and read this speech by Obama:

So here's the truth. Around two-thirds of our budget -- two-thirds -- is spent on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and national security. Two-thirds. Programs like unemployment insurance, student loans, veterans' benefits, and tax credits for working families take up another 20 percent.

What's left, after interest on the debt, is just 12 percent for everything else. That's 12 percent for all of our national priorities -- education, clean energy, medical research, transportation, our national parks, food safety, keeping our air and water clean -- you name it -- all of that accounts for 12 percent of our budget.

Now, up till now, the debate here in Washington, the cuts proposed by a lot of folks in Washington, have focused exclusively on that 12 percent. But cuts to that 12 percent alone won't solve the problem. So any serious plan to tackle our deficit will require us to put everything on the table, and take on excess spending wherever it exists in the budget.

Obama CLEARLY has said that he is willing to compromise on spending and to cut major programs like SS, Medicare/Medicaid and etc.

as far as the budget goes it doesn't really matter that the president wants

The blame for our debt is a lack of understanding of and lack of concern for sound economics and monetary policy.

Arguing over red helmets and blue helmets when they're both playing on the same team in the same Keynesian game anyway is why the rest of the world laughs at the American electorate. You're basically being banged in both ends at the same time and arguing over which one went deeper and which one was more satisfying than the other. What the heck. Do you even listen to yourselves? It's pathetic.

You were warned...

So reap it. Those who understand are very likely prepared and will be just fine.

It's kind of like the story of Noah's Ark. Remember how everyone laughed at Noah? Well...you know how that went...

Last edited:

You mean the $878 billion 0bama paid off his cronies with or the $150 billion he sent in cash to Iran or the total economic collapse of 2008 and 2009 or 8 years of war had nothing to do with it? I want some of the stuff you're smoking. And who was it that armed all these agencies?

How does Obama's statement prove he agreed to budget cuts? It proves exactly the opposite.

They're not to be taken seriously.
aww Macs growing up.
Maybe one day he will realize the other party does the same exact thing, and then he can be truly "woke" :thup:
When have dems pushed tax cuts and spending increases?

Brain,

You bring up some very good points in this OP.

I applaud you.

I would be curious to see your statistics for your last statement....that over the last 40 years we have more government. How are you measuring that ?

I agree, but I am interested in numbers. It has been a while since I've dealt with numbers on the federal basis.

The blame for our debt is a lack of understanding of and lack of concern for sound economics and monetary policy.

Arguing over red helmets and blue helmets when they're both playing on the same team anyway is why the rest of the world laughs at the American electorate. You're basically being banged in both ends at the same time and arguing over which one went deeper and which one was more satisfying than the other. What the heck. Do you even listen to yourselves? It's pathetic.

You were warned...

So reap it.

politicians are more concerned with keeping their jobs than doing their jobs.

which is why we need term limits for all elected federal offices

Please list the budget cuts you will support to cut the deficit.

republican economics is the most irresponsible economic system we have.

Their policy of low taxes on the rich and spending like there is no tomorrow has to stop.

Every time their economic policies are implemented it crashes our economy and puts us farther in debt.

spending like there is no tomorrow has to stop.

BOTH sides spend like there is no tomorrow.

Forum List

Back