Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

They can’t deny the facts that repubs are worse on debt, so now debt isn’t so bad. All those idiot tea party clowns and now debt isn’t so bad. Repubs make a good comedy that is for sure.

The numbers for trump make it very clear. Obama's last deficit was $585 billion. After 3 years of trump and no new wars or emergencies the deficit ballooned to $984 billion thanks to trump policy. So in three years with no disasters, all he had to do was ride the obama economy, trump increased deficits almost 80%. And last year not only did he run a $984 billion deficit, GDP growth went DOWN. Now that is failed policy. You republicans can flail around stupidly all you want, the numbers don't lie. And of course now that he has failed his first real challenge the deficit will be a new record by a lot, over $3 trillion. More failure.
Stop posting about 'Obama's debt and 'Trump's' debt....you sound like a broken record of a retard trying to teach economics.

Congress - THE HOUSE - controls the budget, the purse strings, the economy, the spending...the DEFICIT...

You continue to refuse to accept the fact that the DEMOCRATS have controlled the majority of that responsibility and debt. The 'bad economy' and debt Barry 'inherited' came from his fellow Democrats who had a near super-majority control of Congree the 2 years prior to his becoming President through the end of his 2nd year.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats have controlled Congress - and the spending, purse strings, economy, & debt / deficit - for the last 4 years.
They have been criminally fiscally irresponsible, funding Obama's and the Democrats' failed 4-year long treasonous coup attempts against this President, using tax dollars AND DEFICIT dollars to do so.
Again, repubs had full control for the first 2 years of trump. They passed the tax cuts that delivers anemic revenue growth and giant spending increase. Also, please share any spending increases trump didn’t sign.
What giant spending increase?

The interest in 2018 was 275 billion dollars a year, today it's 375 billion dollars a year
Trumps giant military spending increase of course.
Link
So you are saying you have no clue?

You posted a bullshit link on speculation? Where are the facts
So you voted for trump not knowing he wanted and got huge military spending increases? That is too funny.
Still no link on your so called fact?

#too funny
Low information voter here. All fake news Trump stupid. Haha. Trump increased military spending. He ran on it and it’s a fact. Prove me wrong.

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Do you fail to see how partisan that is?

What Obama spending?

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 73.6% increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget in 2009.

In typical chickenshit Republican fashion,. you blamed Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
O made the banks bigger and more powerful, plus he refused to prosecute any of the banksters, while kicking 5 million average Americans out of their homes. What a great man!

The last time this nation was debt free was in 1835 under Andrew Jackson. Since then both parties have run it up claiming one is worse than the other is like saying it’s better to drown in water that is 475 feet deep instead of water 500 feet deep.
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Could it have said it better myself.:thup:
But only one party has been cutting taxes and increasing spending.
Nobody is listens to your bullshit,we are all laughing at your pathetic lies.
Republicans love debt. Just put it on the credit card.
Spending originates in the House, Dummy.

Dimwingers have controlled the House 55 out of the last 65 years, Brainfart.

You lose again.
Yes and the giant increases came when repubs were in full control. Irresponsible tax cuts and huge military spending increase. Are you dishonest or really stupid?

Obama doubled the debt in 8 years.

Comments?
He inherited a disaster from Bush. After disaster was fixed deficits declined. Compare the last 3 years of Obama to the first 3 of Trump. Bad and worse.

Bush inherited a dot-com disaster from Clinton. Y'all let Bush use that excuse ?
Bush inherited a balanced budget and gave it away with tax cuts and military spending.

Is that what you call the dot-com bust?

Bush was bad. Very bad. Trump even ran on how bad Bush was.

Oh yea I know. Bush man bad, orange man bad.

Anyway, you said Clinton left a surplus and/or balanced budget. I asked you to prove it. So far you've done nothing.
You have google and probably remember Bush spending away the surplus he inherited. I can only answer so many stupid
questions. Republicans are either claiming newt balanced the budget or denying it. The stupidity gets tiring.

You make the claim you back it up. When I google it it shows a deficit every year, meaning you're wrong.
Did the deficit get bigger or smaller each year?
irrelevant

the debt grew

as I said the largest debt increases by percentage have mostly been under democrat administrations
Reagan tripled the debt. Deficits decreased during Clinton and Obama. They increased under trump and Bush. You don’t seem the dumb, are you just dishonest?
Reagan added $1.4 Trillion to the debt. Barry added more than that in a single year.

You lose again, Brainfart.
Yeah Reagan was quite a long time ago. Bravo.
Why are you bringing him up then, Brainfart?
Tripled the debt and started our debt problems.
our debt problems started way before that
I disagree. They were very manageable.

then why weren't they paid off or at least paid down a little?
We will always have debt.
wrong.

we actually had no debt for a time
And how long ago was that?
it doesn't matter you said we will always have debt how long of a time is always?
Haha. Times change. It’s normal to have manageable debt. Learn some economics.

times change as often as you change your argument.

and the debt we have now is manageable.,
30% of it doesn't really exist because it's one government agency saying it owes another government agency that's like you telling your wife you owe her a hundred dollars.

Sure it's debt but it isn't really real

of the debt remaining, most of that is owned by Us banks, insurance companies and investment firms as well as millions of individual investors so it is the US economy and US citizens that benefit from it.

No president in the future will ever pay down the debt nor will they ever not increase the debt.

Because it doesn't really matter.

I don't know why you want to hold on to the fantasy that either party gives a flying fuck about the debt. History proves they don't
And how much tax dollars are wasted on debt?

define wasted.
Well what do we get back for tax dollars spent on interest?

For one the net interest burden is about 393 billion a year.

but as I said 30% of the debt is money the government owes to itself so even though there is an interest payment on the books for that part of the debt it is never really paid out. Most of the interest that is actually paid is paid to Americans and American businesses that own treasury bonds and to various state government that own Us bonds as well.

SO basically the lion's share of the net annual interest paid goes right back into the US economy and is used in retirement funds, investment portfolios and as payments to state governments that use it as a budget item.
It's still a really big number that tax payers get nothing for. That is waste.

how can you say taxpayers get nothing?

I just told you how they get the interest paid on the bonds they own. Those bonds are a huge part of the retirements incomes of millions of Americans.

Most of that 393 billion a year is put into the US economy.

So Americans are the ones who are getting the interest on the debt.
And the interest paid to all the other countries like China? Not a waste?

that is so small it doesn't register.

We owe less than 7 trillion to foreign governments. We owe 1 trillion to China and 1.3 trillion to Japan.

so just to recap

23% of the debt is money the US government owes itself so it isn't really debt at all

Of the remaining 77% of the debt about a third of that is owed to foreign governments the remainder is owned by US interests

3.6 trillion of the debt is owned by US citizens via mutual funds and state pension plans and beyond that more is owned by private pension funds and insurance companies

so just admit that the debt isn't the catastrophe you say it is
7 trillion? That is a really big number.
not really if it's the only debt that really matters and the principal doesn't matter as much as the cost of servicing the loan

That would fall squarely into you "manageable debt" definition.
Your argument is that interest paid on 7 TRILLION in debt to other countries isn’t a waste of tax dollars? That is funny. You are a trumper.
I didn't say it wasn't a waste but as far as waste by the government it's not even a blip.

It's small potatoes and doesn't matter as much as you want to believe. I didn't vote for Trump and I haven't voted for a democrat or a republican in over 2 decades.

You say you're not a democrat but all you do justify everything any democrat has ever done.

in 2020 the interest on the debt will be 2.2%

on the 7 trillion owed to foreign interests that works out to 154 million

you really think that is significant in relation to the GNP?

They can’t deny the facts that repubs are worse on debt, so now debt isn’t so bad. All those idiot tea party clowns and now debt isn’t so bad. Repubs make a good comedy that is for sure.
and you don't care about debt run up by democrats even though 3 of the five largest percent increases in the debt have occurred under democrat administrations

The last time this nation was debt free was in 1835 under Andrew Jackson. Since then both parties have run it up claiming one is worse than the other is like saying it’s better to drown in water that is 475 feet deep instead of water 500 feet deep.
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Could it have said it better myself.:thup:

You lose again.
Yes and the giant increases came when repubs were in full control. Irresponsible tax cuts and huge military spending increase. Are you dishonest or really stupid?

Comments?
He inherited a disaster from Bush. After disaster was fixed deficits declined. Compare the last 3 years of Obama to the first 3 of Trump. Bad and worse.

Bush inherited a dot-com disaster from Clinton. Y'all let Bush use that excuse ?
Bush inherited a balanced budget and gave it away with tax cuts and military spending.

Anyway, you said Clinton left a surplus and/or balanced budget. I asked you to prove it. So far you've done nothing.
You have google and probably remember Bush spending away the surplus he inherited. I can only answer so many stupid
questions. Republicans are either claiming newt balanced the budget or denying it. The stupidity gets tiring.

You make the claim you back it up. When I google it it shows a deficit every year, meaning you're wrong.
irrelevant

the debt grew

as I said the largest debt increases by percentage have mostly been under democrat administrations
Reagan tripled the debt. Deficits decreased during Clinton and Obama. They increased under trump and Bush. You don’t seem the dumb, are you just dishonest?
Reagan added $1.4 Trillion to the debt. Barry added more than that in a single year.

wrong.

it doesn't matter you said we will always have debt how long of a time is always?

30% of it doesn't really exist because it's one government agency saying it owes another government agency that's like you telling your wife you owe her a hundred dollars.

of the debt remaining, most of that is owned by Us banks, insurance companies and investment firms as well as millions of individual investors so it is the US economy and US citizens that benefit from it.

No president in the future will ever pay down the debt nor will they ever not increase the debt.

I don't know why you want to hold on to the fantasy that either party gives a flying fuck about the debt. History proves they don't

define wasted.

but as I said 30% of the debt is money the government owes to itself so even though there is an interest payment on the books for that part of the debt it is never really paid out. Most of the interest that is actually paid is paid to Americans and American businesses that own treasury bonds and to various state government that own Us bonds as well.

SO basically the lion's share of the net annual interest paid goes right back into the US economy and is used in retirement funds, investment portfolios and as payments to state governments that use it as a budget item.

I just told you how they get the interest paid on the bonds they own. Those bonds are a huge part of the retirements incomes of millions of Americans.

We owe less than 7 trillion to foreign governments. We owe 1 trillion to China and 1.3 trillion to Japan.

so just to recap

23% of the debt is money the US government owes itself so it isn't really debt at all

Of the remaining 77% of the debt about a third of that is owed to foreign governments the remainder is owned by US interests

3.6 trillion of the debt is owned by US citizens via mutual funds and state pension plans and beyond that more is owned by private pension funds and insurance companies

not really if it's the only debt that really matters and the principal doesn't matter as much as the cost of servicing the loan

Your argument is that interest paid on 7 TRILLION in debt to other countries isn’t a waste of tax dollars? That is funny. You are a trumper.
I didn't say it wasn't a waste but as far as waste by the government it's not even a blip.

It's small potatoes and doesn't matter as much as you want to believe. I didn't vote for Trump and I haven't voted for a democrat or a republican in over 2 decades.

You say you're not a democrat but all you do justify everything any democrat has ever done.

It’s a waste, I agree.

and you don't care about debt run up by democrats even though 3 of the five largest percent increases in the debt have occurred under democrat administrations
Actually I have cared about debt since Perot ran. I watched Clinton balance the budget and Bush ruin it. I watched Obama inherit the Bush disaster and then deficits decreased. And now during a strong economy I watched trump drastically increase debt with no valid excuses. Dems aren’t good, but repubs are awful.

The numbers for trump make it very clear. Obama's last deficit was $585 billion. After 3 years of trump and no new wars or emergencies the deficit ballooned to $984 billion thanks to trump policy. So in three years with no disasters, all he had to do was ride the obama economy, trump increased deficits almost 80%. And last year not only did he run a $984 billion deficit, GDP growth went DOWN. Now that is failed policy. You republicans can flail around stupidly all you want, the numbers don't lie. And of course now that he has failed his first real challenge the deficit will be a new record by a lot, over $3 trillion. More failure.
Stop posting about 'Obama's debt and 'Trump's' debt....you sound like a broken record of a retard trying to teach economics.

Congress - THE HOUSE - controls the budget, the purse strings, the economy, the spending...the DEFICIT...

You continue to refuse to accept the fact that the DEMOCRATS have controlled the majority of that responsibility and debt. The 'bad economy' and debt Barry 'inherited' came from his fellow Democrats who had a near super-majority control of Congree the 2 years prior to his becoming President through the end of his 2nd year.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats have controlled Congress - and the spending, purse strings, economy, & debt / deficit - for the last 4 years.
They have been criminally fiscally irresponsible, funding Obama's and the Democrats' failed 4-year long treasonous coup attempts against this President, using tax dollars AND DEFICIT dollars to do so.
Again, repubs had full control for the first 2 years of trump. They passed the tax cuts that delivers anemic revenue growth and giant spending increase. Also, please share any spending increases trump didn’t sign.

The interest in 2018 was 275 billion dollars a year, today it's 375 billion dollars a year
Link

So you voted for trump not knowing he wanted and got huge military spending increases? That is too funny.

#too funny
Low information voter here. All fake news Trump stupid. Haha. Trump increased military spending. He ran on it and it’s a fact. Prove me wrong.
You can't prove your right

Bwahahahaha

Actually I have cared about debt since Perot ran. I watched Clinton balance the budget and Bush ruin it. I watched Obama inherit the Bush disaster and then deficits decreased. And now during a strong economy I watched trump drastically increase debt with no valid excuses. Dems aren’t good, but repubs are awful.
Clinton balanced the budget? LMFAO you do know the Republicans was in charge of congress right?

What a Dingle berry we have here

Clinton increased the debt so it didn't matter if he balanced the budget.

and none of these things happen in a vacuum. Clinton was just plain lucky the tech bubble burst a couple months after he left office instead of while he was in office his record would have looked a hell of a lot different .

and Clinton is the guy who signed the deregulation of banks insurance companies and investment firms that allowed to big to fail to happen and that too happened during Bush's administration but the seed was planted before he was in office.

I don't know what you get from taking all these events as unrelated to anything but who happened to be in office at the time. Life ain't that simple.

you can't view history in 4 and 8 year chunks and pretend that what happened before of after don't matter

You lose again.

Comments?

irrelevant

the debt grew

wrong.

define wasted.

so just to recap

It’s a waste, I agree.

it's the smallest of small potatoes when it comes to government waste

When gorbechev was interviewed in the mid 90,s and asked if Reagan played a part in the collapse of the Soviet Union,he thought atfirst the reporter was joking,he could not believe he was serious,he was shocked that he was serious and replied Are you being serious ?

Poor Gorbachev. Crushed by Reagan, still pretends he meant for the Soviet Union to dissolve.

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Do you fail to see how partisan that is?
They both cut taxes, and Bush Sr raised them, and Obama needed to continue them.
Obama the Fraud railed against W’s tax cuts “for the rich,” during his first campaign. Then as the fraud he is, gladly extended them.
He didn’t run on cuts or make his own. The Bush cuts made fiscal irresponsibility easy.

Poor Obama, couldn't raise taxes. Bush's fault.

Yes its Bushs and his admin fault, they caused the great recession.
I don't think it was Bush (to dumb) more likely chenney the (scum bag) the only good thing that admin did right was to prevent Iran from getting to theire 150 billion then anti american obama released that money and had the balls to send them 1.2 billion in cash of my and your money and thats ok. (not done do your homework)...

Clinton increased the debt so it didn't matter if he balanced the budget.

and none of these things happen in a vacuum. Clinton was just plain lucky the tech bubble burst a couple months after he left office instead of while he was in office his record would have looked a hell of a lot different .

and Clinton is the guy who signed the deregulation of banks insurance companies and investment firms that allowed to big to fail to happen and that too happened during Bush's administration but the seed was planted before he was in office.

I don't know what you get from taking all these events as unrelated to anything but who happened to be in office at the time. Life ain't that simple.

you can't view history in 4 and 8 year chunks and pretend that what happened before of after don't matter
I love just how ignorant Republicans are. He balanced the budget, something your worthless party has failed to do and all you pathetic peons can do is whine.

Then , you blame deregulation on Clinton. Just how did thast bill get to Clinton's desk? The Gramm Leach Bliley act repealed Glass Steagal. I have some news, assfuck, Gramm, Leach & Bliley were all Republicans & the bill was supported by & passed by REPUBLICANS. Clinton signed it as a compromise bill.

You lose again.

Comments?

irrelevant

the debt grew

look it up.

Democrats have been responsible for more of the largest percentage increases of the debt than republicans.

3 of the 5 top contributors to the national debt have been democrats
You're entire argument that only republicans increase the debt is bullshit
Look at the direction deficits go. Deficits decreased under Obama and Clinton, increased under Trump and Bush . The dems inherit a mess. Biden will inherit a huge deficit thanks to trumps failure.

irrelevant.

not one administration since Coolidge actually left less debt.

your entire argument fell apart pages ago but you still cling to it.

Our debt situation has been caused by both parties and is the culmination of at least 60 years

yes, but the fact is that dems have added more debt than republicans. On that there is no question.
Trump sure owns the worst year ever. Thankfully he was stopped at only 4 years of disaster.

wrong, the chinese virus owns the worst year ever. Trump's actions have made it less painful. so, wizard, tell us exactly what Trump should have done differently in 2020, be specific and support your claims with facts.

Link

#too funny

he had to increase military spending, obozo let the military go to pot in his 8 years. We were weaker than ever before under the kenyan.

Forum List

Back