Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
If you mean GWB. I agree.
We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Yes and under Obama too but GW started it with his stupid Middle East crusade.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
Revenues aren’t the problem. Spending is. Trump overspent to upgrade the military. We ll see what Biden does. Military spend equates to jobs in the private sector so it’s tough to reduce it.
Well his tax cuts hurt revenue growth. During a strong economy we should have strong revenue growth. After the tax cuts revenue increased at one of our worst rates in history. Do you think trump could have increased spending as much without the tax cuts? Even some trump supporters might have been mad if he only increased spending. But he gave them tax cuts so they forgot about the debt again.

We need on increase in taxes so people care. Our politicians spend on all sorts of stupid things because they can. See all the pork in that relief bill?

However, until you give the specifics I asked you to outline, then you are not serious...
The specific is not giving tax cuts when we are deeply in debt. They fuel more spending.

No, that is the gereral....Specifics would be honestly answering what I asked....
There are no other specifics necessary. Tax cuts fuel spending increases. People care about the debt when their taxes increase. Tax cuts have the opposite effect.

Good grief, are you mentally challanged?

I asked you a series of questions in the effort to see what you thought a tax increase would look like, in the hopes of having a discussion...Clearly, you have no intention of that, instead just repeating that tax increases are needed without explanation of who, how much, or what kind of increases. That sir is not a thread worthy of the discussion you have gotten so far...You must be laughing your ass off in the baiting you have done here, but I am done with you....So, answer the question or don't, but you are doing nothing but repeating a stupid, uneducated line....You might as well have a sandwich board on, and standing at a street corner yelling 'repent'!

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
BArry's last 3 deficits were growing, liar.
I notice you never back up all your lies. You just spew stupidity. Bravo.

I always back up my facts, liar. You losea gain, Brainfart.

• 2017 - $665 billion budget deficit
  • 2016 - $585 billion budget deficit
  • 2015 - $439 billion budget deficit

We need on increase in taxes so people care. Our politicians spend on all sorts of stupid things because they can. See all the pork in that relief bill?

However, until you give the specifics I asked you to outline, then you are not serious...
The specific is not giving tax cuts when we are deeply in debt. They fuel more spending.

No, that is the gereral....Specifics would be honestly answering what I asked....
There are no other specifics necessary. Tax cuts fuel spending increases. People care about the debt when their taxes increase. Tax cuts have the opposite effect.

Good grief, are you mentally challanged?

I asked you a series of questions in the effort to see what you thought a tax increase would look like, in the hopes of having a discussion...Clearly, you have no intention of that, instead just repeating that tax increases are needed without explanation of who, how much, or what kind of increases. That sir is not a thread worthy of the discussion you have gotten so far...You must be laughing your ass off in the baiting you have done here, but I am done with you....So, answer the question or don't, but you are doing nothing but repeating a stupid, uneducated line....You might as well have a sandwich board on, and standing at a street corner yelling 'repent'!
You seem to just not get it. What's most important is not cutting taxes. When politicians cut taxes we forget about debt.

Obama wasn't president in 2017....

Tax cuts didn’t reduce revenues. Not lies.

You really are stupid. That was his budget.

You don't even know the most basic things about the budget, Brainfart. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.

They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.
More lies.

You don't even know the most basic things about the budget, Brainfart. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
Oh it is cute how you flail around. You are claiming trump did nothing? And how was the 2019 deficit with all of trumps policy?

Oh it is cute how you flail around. You are claiming trump did nothing? And how was the 2019 deficit with all of trumps policy?
Kicking your ass with facts is flailing around?

You don't even know what years Obama was president. Funny stuff. You happily give obama credit for his firs year in office, but not trump. Your dishonesty is funny.

You don't even know what years Obama was president. Funny stuff. You happily give obama credit for his firs year in office, but not trump. Your dishonesty is funny.
Quick question: Who signed the 2017 budget?

Who controlled congress?

Who controlled congress?

^^^Dodge^^^^^

FY 2020$3.71 trillion (estimated)
FY 2019$3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
:oops8:
That clearly shows how tiny the rate of increase was. .01? During a strong economy? One of the weakest in history.
Your link claimed they decreased, Brainfart.
The rate dropped. Can you not keep up. Your numbers show the anemic growth rate I speak of. Thanks.

Forum List

Back