Republicans be honest: if Trump were president during the Cuban Missile Crisis, how do you think...

“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.”

This is certainly not the Democratic mantra today. This is the Republican mindset.

Look son, when you grow up and move out of your parent's basement you'll understand real responsibility. You'll then understand what Kennedy meant. Have a good day. Some of us need to go out and be productive citizens.

What you can do for your country - as in join the peace corps?

We were already there, I believe the first American casualty of Nam was in december of 62...could be wrong about the date but it was certainly on kennedy's watch..

The first American soldier killed in the Vietnam War was Air Force T-Sgt. Richard B. Fitzgibbon Jr. He is listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having a casualty date of June 8, 1956. His name was added to the Wall on Memorial Day 1999.

...that would have turned out?

Can you see Trump achieving what Kennedy did? No you cannot. Just admit it - that would have been a terrifying time to be alive.

I look forward to the day when people realize that comparatives such as this are nothing but bullshit and do nothing to prove a point.

I look forward to the day when people realize that comparatives such as this are nothing but bullshit and do nothing to prove a point.

They've been doing it for years, and it's a great exercise in logical thinking.
It's where you can see how history would be different if only a single thing had been different. You only think it's stupid, because the person being put into Kennedy's shoes is stupid.

Republicans be honest: if Trump were president during the Cuban Missile Crisis, how do you think...

He wasn't, so who cares, troll?

Trump ran on he could do anything better than anybody else. We've seen him in action, and if he had been POTUS during the cuban missile crisis, I predict he would have started WWIII.

Just like he's set to do in North Korea unless Tillerson can keep Trump under control.s

This is a lesson in how to keep conflicts from spinning out of control, and leading to war, whether conventional or nuclear.

Last edited:

They've been doing it for years, and it's a great exercise in logical thinking.
It's where you can see how history would be different if only a single thing had been different. You only think it's stupid, because the person being put into Kennedy's shoes is stupid.

No, I think it's bullshit. Not stupid. Bullshit as in a waste of time. You can't "see" anything, you can only imagine, and what you imagine is based on your prejudices. A Trump raised in an earlier era would be a completely different person than a Trump today. And don't bother arguing that you're talking about Trump today put in that place, it doesn't fly. You have to consider the environment of the times and its effects on people and their decisions. A Trump living and raised back then would be a completely different person than he is today, a Kennedy today would be a completely different person than he was then.

It's a pointless exercise influenced by personal opinion and prejudice.

Trump is qualified to be President by law only; age, citizenship. From the beginning I said he was otherwise unqualified to sit in the Oval Office and lead this country. Everyday, in my opinion, he proves me right.

For what it's worth, I don't think Hillary was qualified either.

Oh, and do yourself a favor: Ease up on any Kennedy worship. He wasn't that great a president. It's the idea of what he might done that people confuse with what he actually did that elevates the man to the the top of so many "greatest" lists...

No, I think it's bullshit. Not stupid. Bullshit as in a waste of time. You can't "see" anything, you can only imagine, and what you imagine is based on your prejudices. A Trump raised in an earlier era would be a completely different person than a Trump today. And don't bother arguing that you're talking about Trump today put in that place, it doesn't fly..

You admit that the Trump of today would have f*ck*d up the Cuban missile crisis. Which is why you claim he would have been a different person then he is today.

So what does that say about the person Trump is today?

If Trump was POTUS during the Cuban missile crisis, the first thing they would have to do is brief Trump that Cuba is an island, surrounded by deep water, ocean water.
At least they don't have to brief him on how to correctly pronounce corpsmen.

Trump praises health care of Nambia, a nonexistent African country.

Trump held a joint presser with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy on Tuesday afternoon, where he spent the entire time calling the visiting world leader the "president of Spain

...that would have turned out?

Can you see Trump achieving what Kennedy did? No you cannot. Just admit it - that would have been a terrifying time to be alive.

It was terrifying then and "Yes", I believe that PRESIDENT Trump would have led us through this time. You are simply butthurt because the commie left has been taking an asskicking.

Trump would have been supporting the russians.
Obama is the communist. Dims were always making excuses for the Russians in those days.

Trump praises health care of Nambia, a nonexistent African country.

Trump held a joint presser with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy on Tuesday afternoon, where he spent the entire time calling the visiting world leader the "president of Spain
Yeah......right.....sure....uh-huh....:blahblah:

Least he doesn't need a teleprompter everywhere he goes.

After a weekend of violence in Charlottesville prompted by rallying white supremacists, President Donald Trump went on camera Monday to... read off a teleprompter. ... So, on Monday, Trump gave a statement from the White House, this time reading prepared remarks directly from a teleprompter

Forum List

Back