Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem is that he has to spend so much time fighting traitors, I don't see how he has gotten anything done.

It is NOT the job of congress critters to support the President's agenda, it is the job of congress critters to do right by THEIR constituents. If their constituents oppose the new health care act, if should be defeated.
When did they start caring about the voters?

I have understood for a long time that what someone promises during a campaign and what they can do when they are elected are very different things.

What they can do when POTUS is legit. BUT Trump immediately dropping all those promises without even attempting is another thing. You have to wonder if the quick reversals means that he just sold you dreams to achieve the goal.

The more logical answer is that either he really wanted to do those things but dropped it in a NY minute or the more plausible is that he never intended to do them at all and lied.

Speaking of breaking point, what's the breaking point for support of a political party that lost the Presidency, the Senate, the House, most governorships and over 3,000 state and local elections in less than a decade? What's the breaking point for support of a hypocrite former president that used to fool his base by claiming that corporations and Wall Street bankers were evil and now accepts about half a million dollars from Wall Street for a single speech? What is the breaking point for the chairman of a political party who claims that conservative speech isn't covered by the 1st Amendment?

I have understood for a long time that what someone promises during a campaign and what they can do when they are elected are very different things.

What they can do when POTUS is legit. BUT Trump immediately dropping all those promises without even attempting is another thing. You have to wonder if the quick reversals means that he just sold you dreams to achieve the goal.

The more logical answer is that either he really wanted to do those things but dropped it in a NY minute or the more plausible is that he never intended to do them at all and lied.
Thanks for the standard partisan response as always it will be given all the consideration it's due.

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?

You're sounding like the typical regressive. Trump is in his first hundred days, not his last. NATO partners have agreed to up their defense spending to the required levels in the treaty and agreed to do more on terrorism. Trumps trade rep just got confirmed and hasn't even had time to get acquainted with his office. ACA replacement may be voted on as early as this week. Your crap is as weak as nats.

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?

You're sounding like the typical regressive. Trump is in his first hundred days, not his last. NATO partners have agreed to up their defense spending to the required levels in the treaty and agreed to do more on terrorism. Trumps trade rep just got confirmed and hasn't even had time to get acquainted with his office. ACA replacement may be voted on as early as this week. Your crap is as weak as nats.
He said he was going to REPEAL the ACA, have Mexico pay for the wall, and get out of NAFTA.

Are any of those going to happen?

He said he was going to REPEAL the ACA, have Mexico pay for the wall, and get out of NAFTA.

Why yes, I believe all those things are going to happen.

Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?
Nope. All I have to say is that you US citizens for waking the fuck up and stopping 4 more years of failed Obama policies that the slimy, sickly, crooked vagina ex-candidate would of kept.
iow, you want Trump to imitate Obama: you got your wish.

You know this after fewer than 100 days? You're quite the soothsayer!

Duct%20Tape_zpsb3cli3ah.jpg

When they do, you will still be in denial.

I haven't made any prognostications. And I've received some interesting answers.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

100% wrong!

I haven't made any prognostications. And I've received some interesting answers.
Possibly because you are here pissing and moaning about Trump on a daily basis while pretending to be non partisan and it's only been 100 days. These are huge issues, we aren't talking about the Oval Office drapes. I don't recall the daily Obama report.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?
In other words you are lost and have no clue what's going on or why people did what they did. Libs like to pretend he had no core issues, that's why you fuckers lost.

Possibly because you are here pissing and moaning about Trump on a daily basis while pretending to be non partisan and it's only been 100 days. These are huge issues, we aren't talking about the Oval Office drapes. I don't recall the daily Obama report.
I'm pissing and moaning about Trump on a daily basis?

That's the second time you've just made something up on this thread alone.

This is why it can be difficult for me to communicate with hardcore partisan ideologues.

You just make it up as you go.

Well, what we are finding out is Trump is not a king. I, along with many others let you stupid pukes know all about it.

We knew he would not be able to accomplish many things, cause that is the nature of our system. He is not an elected king.

We know he ended the TPP deal, he got his judge appointed. We also know that many republicans are not conservatives, we know all democrats are liars, and we know Trump would not be able to fulfill much of his agenda as a result.

We also know that in order to get something to be done, he would need to compromise and not take such hard lines.

That is the system that liberals fucking hate. What liberals want is a dictatorship, just so long as that dictator is doing EVERYTHING they want.

I have listed them before, and I will be happy to do it again. Should I list the vast promises broken by the great skinny smoking American hating liar?

Liberals are losers. No exceptions.

I'm pissing and moaning about Trump on a daily basis?

That's the second time you've just made something up on this thread alone.

This is why it can be difficult for me to communicate with hardcore partisan ideologues.

You just make it up as you go.
I'm not a party member, you stupid asshole. I've told you at least ten times. YOU are the party hack and it's all you can see.

I think part of his appeal may not have even specifically about issues, per se. Part of it was like a primal scream, people who have become so frustrated with the status quo that voting for him was like flipping the bird to the system. If that's the case, the individual decisions and legislation are essentially secondary.

The ballot box is not an anger management tool. Those who were primally screaming will soon find out they've been screwed over just as much as those who didn't vote for the goon from Queens.

Well, what we are finding out is Trump is not a king. I, along with many others let you stupid pukes know all about it.

We knew he would not be able to accomplish many things, cause that is the nature of our system. He is not an elected king.

We know he ended the TPP deal, he got his judge appointed. We also know that many republicans are not conservatives, we know all democrats are liars, and we know Trump would not be able to fulfill much of his agenda as a result.

We also know that in order to get something to be done, he would need to compromise and not take such hard lines.

That is the system that liberals fucking hate. What liberals want is a dictatorship, just so long as that dictator is doing EVERYTHING they want.

I have listed them before, and I will be happy to do it again. Should I list the vast promises broken by the great skinny smoking American hating liar?

Liberals are losers. No exceptions.

"He is not a king" "He is not an elected king". Better try telling HIM that.

ACA will be repealed, I hope he makes the whole world pay for the wall since we have illegals from virtually every country on earth and why scrap NAFTA if it can be renegotiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back