Republicans in Panic?

seems the party is concerned that the "base" is taking over the asylum

Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win.

*snip*

According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest.

For months, the GOP professional class assumed Trump and Carson would fizzle with time. Voters would get serious, the thinking went, after seeing the outsiders share a stage with more experienced politicians at the first debate. Or when summer turned to fall, kids went back to school and parents had time to assess the candidates. Or after the second, third or fourth debates, certainly

For the life of me, it sounds like liberals are panicking. With Hillary as their standard-bearer and no bench whatsoever, small wonder.

Exactly... their front-runner is the original birther, a proven liar and a crook.

who cares what the "establishment" is "worried" about?
american patriots are tired of the same old okey doke career politicians. The country will survive just fine if either or both parties collapse..in fact it would be an improvement.

well, the "establishment" IS the party. the teatards are the interlopers who should probably start their own party instead of being a minority that is hijacking what used to be a great party.

the only thing that is going to collapse are GOP chances to win national elections.

so keep it up.

Ah, its good that you outed yourself now we know what the thread is really about. Without conservatives and the tea party there is no GOP majority. The corrupt RINO's would go back to being the minority party for decades.

who cares what the "establishment" is "worried" about?
american patriots are tired of the same old okey doke career politicians. The country will survive just fine if either or both parties collapse..in fact it would be an improvement.

well, the "establishment" IS the party. the teatards are the interlopers who should probably start their own party instead of being a minority that is hijacking what used to be a great party.

the only thing that is going to collapse are GOP chances to win national elections.

so keep it up.
your post makes me happy , to heck with the gop and rinos 'Jillian' . ----------- Go TRUMP and Ted Cruz !!

the link is there for the article to be read. copyright and all that. :)

you don't think the grownups in the party should be concerned?

The grownups realize Trump and Carson arent' going to reach the finish line

doesn't seem that way. we're not far away from the early states and they're not shaking trump and carson yet. it's embarrassing as an American to see. pity that once again the base is going to reject the candidate who can actually win. last time it was Huntsman, this time Kasich. They're too decent for the vitriol spewing, foaming at the mouth base. yet, Kasich would bring ohio with him and no republican has ever won without Ohio.

There is nothing to be "embarrassed" about with Trump.

Save you spin.

Maybe you're not embarrassed; Trump and Carson leading in the polls for the Nomination for POTUS should embarrass all Americans, for such polling data reflects poorly on all of us.

he's not embarrassed because those candidates appeal to the lowest common denominator.... venom spewing bigots.

Wait, is that one of those "thoughtful" posts, now?

Can you be any more of a partisan tool?

I have to point out at least once a day that it amuses me when people who don't have two synapses to rub together think they can opine on other people's intellect. poor dear. do you even realize how very stupid you are?
I have to point out at least once a day that it amuses me when people who don't have two synapses to rub together think they can opine on other people's intellect. poor dear. do you even realize how very stupid you are?

LMAO - read your final three sentences very slowly, or better yet have someone read them to you slowly.

seems the party is concerned that the "base" is taking over the asylum

*snip*

According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest.

For months, the GOP professional class assumed Trump and Carson would fizzle with time. Voters would get serious, the thinking went, after seeing the outsiders share a stage with more experienced politicians at the first debate. Or when summer turned to fall, kids went back to school and parents had time to assess the candidates. Or after the second, third or fourth debates, certainly

For the life of me, it sounds like liberals are panicking. With Hillary as their standard-bearer and no bench whatsoever, small wonder.

Exactly... their front-runner is the original birther, a proven liar and a crook.
Hillary would make Nixon look honest and Obama competent.

They should worry. We won't stand for their fake conservatism any longer.

Again, what happens happens. If Hillary wins we get closer to the 2nd amendment being voided by the SC (and what a reaction THAT is going to be). If Trump wins we get ????????. Either way be ready for interesting times.
:rolleyes: When is Obama going to take your guns?????????????????? It's almost been 8 years and it hasn't happened.

Again, what happens happens. If Hillary wins we get closer to the 2nd amendment being voided by the SC (and what a reaction THAT is going to be). If Trump wins we get ????????. Either way be ready for interesting times.
:rolleyes: When is Obama going to take your guns?????????????????? It's almost been 8 years and it hasn't happened.

we aren't talking about taking anyone's guns, though...Why are you trying to change the subject again?

doesn't seem that way. we're not far away from the early states and they're not shaking trump and carson yet. it's embarrassing as an American to see. pity that once again the base is going to reject the candidate who can actually win. last time it was Huntsman, this time Kasich. They're too decent for the vitriol spewing, foaming at the mouth base. yet, Kasich would bring ohio with him and no republican has ever won without Ohio.

Save you spin.

Maybe you're not embarrassed; Trump and Carson leading in the polls for the Nomination for POTUS should embarrass all Americans, for such polling data reflects poorly on all of us.

he's not embarrassed because those candidates appeal to the lowest common denominator.... venom spewing bigots.

What do you consider Trump's most "bigoted" policy?

Do you think Hillary would appoint a SC justice who supports RKBA?

and considering I cannot get a CCW in NYC without proving to the NYPD I have a reason for one, my gun has already been taken.

we aren't talking about taking anyone's guns, though...Why are you trying to change the subject again?
I was commenting on little Marty's post claiming Hillary is going to take your guns. Same shit you all whined about with Obama. Get some new material or continue to flail.

I was commenting on little Marty's post claiming Hillary is going to take your guns. Same shit you all whined about with Obama. Get some new material or continue to flail.

I never whined about anything. You're imagining things.

If Hillary appoints a SC judge that reduces the 2nd amendment, you don't think several States will jump to ban weapons outright?

and here's a hint twat, saying I can't get a certain firearm, but allowing "grandfathered" weapons in, is the same as taking the gun out of my hands.

Asshole.

and considering I cannot get a CCW in NYC without proving to the NYPD I have a reason for one, my gun has already been taken.
You can't get the SC to rule a constitutional amendment void. You'd have to amend the constitution.

Save you spin.

The GOP establishment is worried.They want a candidate they can control. A nice, polite, moderate, candidate who will quietly and politely lose.

Voters are excited, about Trump.

:thup:

not "voters".... gross ignorant classless bigots are excited about trump.

everyone else is embarrassed at the thought that you all are taking him seriously.

You live in a bubble dear, a LWNJ echo chamber.

You and your ilk have been wrong about Trump since day 1.

He's been dead and buried at least a dozen times now.....:rofl:

and yet, Z you've been wrong the last two presidential cycles. i'm not saying they're GOING to get the nomination. i'm saying, and what the Washington Post is saying is that the party can't figure out how to put a silver bullet into those candidacies. and they're more frightened about the idea that cruz is coming up behind them. and it's a big late for trump to maintain a lead for this long. it isn't what happened with the musical chairs game of the last presidential election.

The GOP establishment shot themselves in the foot by supporting another moderate squish that nobody wanted - Jeb Bush. He shit the bed. Now they are switching to Rubio, who supports amnesty for illegals and wants to invade every country in the world. Who's next? Kasich?

They are their own worst enemy. They no longer have any relevancy to rank and file conservative voters.

If Hillary appoints a SC judge that reduces the 2nd amendment, you don't think several States will jump to ban weapons outright?

and here's a hint twat, saying I can't get a certain firearm, but allowing "grandfathered" weapons in, is the same as taking the gun out of my hands.

Asshole.
My goodness you are touchy. Continue your whining, it's tasty.

You can't get the SC to rule a constitutional amendment void. You'd have to amend the constitution.

Why? the SC created the right to abortion and gay marriage out of thin fucking air, what's to stop them from saying RKBA isn't really what the 2nd amendment was about?

You idiots opened this pandora's box where the SC basically has free reign to fuck with people, get ready to eat it.

Fucktard.

Forum List

Back