Republicans scrap clean water regulation

Don't you think it's kind of pathetic that you believe anything republicans say?

I've read the language in the bill. That want to change the language that says the clean water act applies to the "navigable waters of the United States" to say just "waters of the United States." That would give it the authority to regulate any land that ever had any water on it, which means every square inch of it.

The last thing this country needs is to give the EPA that kind of power.
How do you people not understand where your drinking water comes from? There MUST be laws that keep these sites clean and safe. I don't give a shit if that's considered "big government".
As if people only drank water from "navigable" steams. :lol:

The Supreme Court has already ruled that "navigable waters" also includes every stream, crick and gully that feeds into the navigable waters. That's more than sufficient to keep our drinking water clean, you fucking half-wit.
:bsflag:

"The vast body of federal regulation concerning navigable waters frequently gives rise to litigation, and in many cases the courts have the difficult job of determining whether particular bodies of water are navigable (and thus subject to the law or regulation in question). Lakes and rivers are generally considered navigable waters, but smaller bodies of water may also be navigable. Attempting to address years of problematic litigation, the U.S. Supreme Court in 1979 created four tests for determining what constitutes navigable waters. Established in Kaiser Aetna v. United States, 444 U.S. 164, 100 S. Ct. 383, 62 L. Ed. 2d 332, the tests ask whether the body of water (1) is subject to the ebb and flow of the tide, (2) connects with a continuous interstate waterway, (3) has navigable capacity, and (4) is actually navigable. Using these tests, courts have held that bodies of water much smaller than lakes and rivers also constitute navigable waters. Even shallow streams that are traversable only by canoe have met the test."

Navigable Waters

Don't you think it's kind of pathetic that you believe anything republicans say?

I've read the language in the bill. That want to change the language that says the clean water act applies to the "navigable waters of the United States" to say just "waters of the United States." That would give it the authority to regulate any land that ever had any water on it, which means every square inch of it.

How do you people not understand where your drinking water comes from? There MUST be laws that keep these sites clean and safe. I don't give a shit if that's considered "big government".
As if people only drank water from "navigable" steams. :lol:

The Supreme Court has already ruled that "navigable waters" also includes every stream, crick and gully that feeds into the navigable waters. That's more than sufficient to keep our drinking water clean, you fucking half-wit.
:bsflag:

Rancher fights $16 million EPA fine for building pond

Feds claim property owner violating Clean Water Act

A rancher who obtained the state permits he needed for a stock pond on his acreage near Fort Bridger, Wyoming, then received approval from the state when it was finished now is facing the possibility of fines totaling millions of dollars because he didn’t get a permit from the federal government.
Read more at Rancher fights $16 million EPA fine for building pond

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/rancher-fights-16-million-epa-fine-for-building-pond/#4IFkzU78dEfyqlVO.99

The real name of that bill is the EPA power grab to revoke property rights from every square inch of land in the country. However, we all knew you leftwing scumbags would try to portray it as an attack on the environment.

It's time to abolish the EPA. Aside from ISIS and the teacher's union, it's the most dangerous threat this country faces.

O\ur drinking water is already clean. We don't need to give the EPA the power to regulate every puddle on a golf course or my front lawn.

There is no justification for giving the EPA more power. The motive for doing so is the desire to destroy capitalism and our industrial society.

Go fuck yourself.
Lol why are you so convinced that a company wouldn't - at least inadvertently - allow some kind of toxic substance into a body of water because there was no law to keep it from happening? These companies are extra careful to follow establish EPA laws to prevent legal ramifications. Without those laws, it would be easy to get careless.

You people have this fantasy in your minds that agencies like the EPA are made of power hungry fascists. If anything, such fascists would thrive in the private sector. That's where the money is.

I just told you: It's called a major lawsuit.

O\ur drinking water is already clean. We don't need to give the EPA the power to regulate every puddle on a golf course or my front lawn.

There is no justification for giving the EPA more power. The motive for doing so is the desire to destroy capitalism and our industrial society.

Go fuck yourself.
Lol why are you so convinced that a company wouldn't - at least inadvertently - allow some kind of toxic substance into a body of water because there was no law to keep it from happening? These companies are extra careful to follow establish EPA laws to prevent legal ramifications. Without those laws, it would be easy to get careless.

You people have this fantasy in your minds that agencies like the EPA are made of power hungry fascists. If anything, such fascists would thrive in the private sector. That's where the money is.

Oh you mean a lawsuit that would be secured by the government? Lol you people kill me.

Of course you forget the difference between the highly skilled corporate lawyers and average joe's lawyers. The burden of proof of a health hazard inflicting harm on an individual is on the plaintiff. Do you really think it's that easy?

The EPA should be gutted and given advisory status only.
Yeah, dumbass, let's just let corporations regulate themselves as to how much pollution of our air and water is too much. Corporations can be trusted!

Previous regulations already covered the BS examples they gave in the extremely biased article, of course they won't tell you that and you're too stupid to know the difference.

The EPA should be gutted and given advisory status only.
Yeah, dumbass, let's just let corporations regulate themselves as to how much pollution of our air and water is too much. Corporations can be trusted!

Ahem, and your opinion of the rotted festering stench pollution and raw sewage spewing mega-factories known as Democratic party run inner cities? Got anything to say about them?

I mean if you really want to discuss good old fashion toxic cesspools lets discuss the inner cities that spew raw sewage into public waterways, that generate ungodly amounts of pollution, toxic waste, sewage, and garbage. Have you smelled your average Dem run inner city lately? Eeewww!

Call us if ever the EPA begins to enforce existing laws on the Democratic party run inner cities.

Go fuck yourself.

Oh you mean a lawsuit that would be secured by the government? Lol you people kill me.

Of course you forget the difference between the highly skilled corporate lawyers and average joe's lawyers. The burden of proof of a health hazard inflicting harm on an individual is on the plaintiff. Do you really think it's that easy?

Yeah, because we all know that no average Joe has ever won when suing a giant corporation.

Are liberals all idiots?

Law suits don't give vast powers to unelected bureaucrats who build their empires by persecuting people subject to their authority. Government regulatory agencies are an example of using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. They cause far more damage than they prevent.

Go fuck yourself.

Yeah, because we all know that no average Joe has ever won when suing a giant corporation.

Are liberals all idiots?

Law suits don't give vast powers to unelected bureaucrats who build their empires by persecuting people subject to their authority. Government regulatory agencies are an example of using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. They cause far more damage than they prevent.
Good god man lol.

Tell me whats better: regulations that would keep a person from dying/getting ill in the first place, or a lawsuit from a poor family suing a wealthy corporation over a death of a relative?

Hmm.

Go fuck yourself.

Are liberals all idiots?

Good god man lol.

Tell me whats better: regulations that would keep a person from dying/getting ill in the first place, or a lawsuit from a poor family suing a wealthy corporation over a death of a relative?

Hmm.

regulations are always after the fact. If they prevent someone from dying, that means someone already died from the thing the regulation prevents. In other words, regulations are no more proactive than lawsuits.

Next stupid argument.

Are liberals all idiots?

Good god man lol.

Hmm.

regulations are always after the fact. If they prevent someone from dying, that means someone already died from the thing the regulation prevents. In other words, regulations are no more proactive than lawsuits.

Next stupid argument.
What the fuck?

Okay sure, maybe a lot of regulations have been inspired by people dying from something and then the fed gov steps in and prevents it from happening again? Lol why is that a bad thing? Of course they are proactive.

Man your brain is fried. Maybe it was Fox News that did it. Maybe it was your family dinner table growing up. Either way, you need a serious wake up call.

Lol. If I want clean water, I'll buy a water filter. Hell, I've guzzled water from the garden hose as a kid. Who needs government regulating our water?
regulations when sensible are fine.
This was another ham handed attempt to give bureaucrats control over private lands through which tiny creeks and babbling brooks would be reclassified as "navigable waterways" and thus placed under federal control....So A guy who has a ranch in Wyoming or a Farm in Upstate NY that has a stream traversing HIS property, diverts some of water to which that property owner has full riparian rights, for irrigation, recreation or as a water supply, would not longer be able to do this under this ridiculous regulation. And to benefit NO ONE except these drunk on power DC bureaucrats

The real name of that bill is the EPA power grab to revoke property rights from every square inch of land in the country. However, we all knew you leftwing scumbags would try to portray it as an attack on the environment.

It's time to abolish the EPA. Aside from ISIS and the teacher's union, it's the most dangerous threat this country faces.

Go fuck yourself.

Those laws were already in place before the new regulations.

Go fuck yourself.

Those laws were already in place before the new regulations.
Um okay so regulations created before newer regulations? Umm okay. What's your point?

Lol. If I want clean water, I'll buy a water filter. Hell, I've guzzled water from the garden hose as a kid. Who needs government regulating our water?
:anj_stfu::cuckoo::rofl::321:
The proposal was an outrageous attempt at a land grab. Imagine. a two ft wide brook classified as a navigable waterway....Unreal.
And this looks normal to you.....

Are liberals all idiots?

Good god man lol.

Hmm.

Next stupid argument.
What the fuck?

Okay sure, maybe a lot regulations have been inspired by people dying from something and then the fed gov steps in and prevents it from happening again? Lol why is that a bad thing? Of cokes they are proactive.

Man your brain is fried. Maybe it was Fox News that did it. Maybe it was your family dinner table growing up. Either way, you need a serious wake up call.

You were just whining that lawsuits are filed only after someone is harmed. The same goes for regulations. Furthermore, how are regulations enforced? With fines. In other words, they do the same thing lawsuits do: impose a cost on the perpetrator for the harm he causes.

You have to wonder whether drinking heavy-metal polluted water might not explain some of GOOPer opinions...

Forum List

Back