Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

Fact is the average charter school is the same or better than most public schools according to your articles and their numbers. But nice try, Obama has helped push for more charter schools because he sees the benefit to poor communities. The number of kids going to charter schools is increasing every year. As the years pass we will see more and more charter school students and the regressive left is just plain wrong. Stats bear it out.

Some people just don't like choice. Choice means freedom. Some people are threatened with choice because in most cases, people will choose to get away from the status quo.

The bottom line is unions vs non-union. We've been told to believe (by the left) that unions are always good. Unions are American damn it! Get rid of unions, and the whole country comes tumbling down.

Its so very wrong anyone hard to work until 67....something is very wrong with that. But I guess a company uses and abuses a guy then cuts him lose when he's used up and then its a life pissed away working. But that's the way life is....work work work and then die. I retired at 60....5 years too latte. Wish I had those years back. Nobody is going to thank you for working hard.

We are living longer and are more healthy in our old age. Social Security was never meant to cover that long a period of retirement. It makes sense to raise retirement age in certain occupations. In others, for example construction or mining, which are hard on the body, it doesn't make sense.

The problem is you can dig up reports to support your claims as I can mine. The bottom line is it's parents that have to make the decision on where they send their children to school, and in most cases, parents choose private over public if they have that option.

well, they shouldn't have that option. The thing about school choice is that it works both ways. the Charters pick the kids they want...

You can't sit there and look at internet sites. You have to make these evaluations on a case by case basis. It depends on my factors such as where is your child currently going to school now? How the learning environment in that school? How safe is that school? How good are the teachers in that school? Then make the comparison to the schools you are considering the switch to.

Or we can just fix the schools we have... that works, too. YOu aren't going to fix them by diverting the money to scams like Charter Schools that fail just as often as the public schools.

Fact is the average charter school is the same or better than most public schools according to your articles and their numbers. But nice try, Obama has helped push for more charter schools because he sees the benefit to poor communities. The number of kids going to charter schools is increasing every year. As the years pass we will see more and more charter school students and the regressive left is just plain wrong. Stats bear it out.

No, the articles say, "the same, better or worse"... Usually the same or worse, which isn't a good enough reason to undermine the system that we have.

Joe's real beef is he is Corky the retard and was snubbed. Also notice the gangbanger's name is Jamal, a name associated with black people, why not Bill or Joe? Seems like a racist statement to me.

My real beef is you retards keep falling for these scams...

But the point is, maybe if Little White Billy had to go to the same school Jamal has to go to, maybe that school will get fixed.

Some people just don't like choice. Choice means freedom. Some people are threatened with choice because in most cases, people will choose to get away from the status quo.

The bottom line is unions vs non-union. We've been told to believe (by the left) that unions are always good. Unions are American damn it! Get rid of unions, and the whole country comes tumbling down.

America is tumbling down because you dumbasses did get rid of the unions. That's the problem.

the thing is, Trump promised all the good jobs to come back to Cleetus and Billy Bob in Coal and Steel Country,a nd doesn't admit that the only reason why those jobs paid as well as they did was because a union made sure that they did.

That is pretty much what happened. Reagan began by destroying unions, and the middle class immediately starting losing ground in terms of savings, income growth and job prospects. It took years for it to "come tumbling down", but the balance between workers and bosses was broken.

The problem is you can dig up reports to support your claims as I can mine. The bottom line is it's parents that have to make the decision on where they send their children to school, and in most cases, parents choose private over public if they have that option.

well, they shouldn't have that option. The thing about school choice is that it works both ways. the Charters pick the kids they want...

You can't sit there and look at internet sites. You have to make these evaluations on a case by case basis. It depends on my factors such as where is your child currently going to school now? How the learning environment in that school? How safe is that school? How good are the teachers in that school? Then make the comparison to the schools you are considering the switch to.

Or we can just fix the schools we have... that works, too. YOu aren't going to fix them by diverting the money to scams like Charter Schools that fail just as often as the public schools.

No, the articles say, "the same, better or worse"... Usually the same or worse, which isn't a good enough reason to undermine the system that we have.

Joe's real beef is he is Corky the retard and was snubbed. Also notice the gangbanger's name is Jamal, a name associated with black people, why not Bill or Joe? Seems like a racist statement to me.

But the point is, maybe if Little White Billy had to go to the same school Jamal has to go to, maybe that school will get fixed.

Jamal? Lol! Racist asshole!

I have no issues with unions. If you want to get a union job, thats fine. Collective bargaining in private sector unions is also fine.

I find it amusing that those that claim they care about unions, don't belong to a union and wouldn't belong to one.

Jamal? Lol! Racist asshole!

Yawn, guy, you keep avoiding the point. But that's okay. You focus on the fact that I think some people are actually named "Jamal".

That you are a racist? No, you are.

Charter schools give people choice, you want a union and no choice. Even if the charters produce the same results are good. People need to have choose.

We spend more per child than any nation of education and have mediocre results.

If public schools did SO well we would have the capacity to compete on a global level with kids who are already fluent in more than one language. Instead we are finding kids who need fractions written on tape measures, and the need for compliance programs like "no child left behind". Anyone who thinks public school is producing quality education today is obviously delusional and out of touch with the current system.

During the housing bubble we landlords went through hell. You couldn't find a good tenant for anything because lower income people were buying houses instead. I use CraigsList to get my tenants and I've had some pretty good luck with it. Anyway, during that time, I would get emails from people that looked like they were written by a six year old. Some of them I couldn't even make out what they were asking or telling me: misspelled words, no grammar at all, incomplete sentences.

Most of them I didn't write back based on their horrible writing skills. But having no choice, I had to interview some of them.

It didn't surprise me what kind of people I would be dealing with, what I was surprised at is these people had a high school diploma. How does one get a diploma from a public high school when they write like that? If I wouldn't interview these people for an apartment, how do they get employment?

Unfortunately, these are some people of the people who vote democrat, for reasons of allowing the federal government to provide for them because of their inability to acquire the skills to obtain a job to provide for themselves. Its the current education system in this country, and those choices of which priorities public schools need to focus on, which has failed them (passed them through) without the tools needed to establish a solid earning job to care for themselves. Your story is not unique, as I have seen it myself. We need to get all the liberal BS out of the way, and focus once again on those subjects that are necessary to best equip students to succeed in their careers later in life.

They pass these students through to make themselves look good. Depending on where you go, dropout rates are alarming, and that makes the union teachers look bad, so they want none of that. If a kid is willing to go through all grades, they pass them through even though they should have been held back a couple of years.

If a parent sees their kid is advancing to the next grade level, they likely don't question it. That doesn't go on in private school very much. If you don't pass the grade level, you have to take it all over again. You fail, that's it.
You don't think private schools pass kids to make themselves look good to perspective customers. Public school teachers and principals have a lot more job security than those in private school and less reason to worry about their jobs if they fail students and enrollment drops. I've had kids in private school. When paying over $15,000 a year per kids, I expect that school to do whatever is needed to make sure my kids pass.

That may be, but when that doesn't happen, the parents get involved which you're less likely to see in the public school setting.

Private school has less to prove because they are not hurting for customers. I'm sure there are waiting lines for some. Public schools have to please the public because taxpayers are funding it. If they honestly pass or fail kids and show a considerable amount of kids failing, that's something that doesn't look good when they put a school levy on the ballot asking for more money. Even worse if private schools are a threat in their area.

Whether you're talking about public or private schools, parents have to get involved. Neither are successful if they don't. The difference is when you're paying that kind of money for private education, you make sure you're getting your monies worth.
There're huge difference between the best and the worst public or private schools. My experience with private schools has basically been bad and yours are apparently good. So there is no way we're going to agree that one is better than the other, specific schools, yes but not in general.

Social promotions which occur in both public and private schools need to end except in elementary grades. Failing a course in high school and having to go to summer school is not that big a deal. It is in elementary school.

Joey lies charter schools perform as good as public schools.

Charter Schools: Average is still better than below average

He should find unbiased articles, except dishonest people don't really want to weigh two sides, they want their agenda, damn the facts.
Charter Schools are Public Schools. However, there are many types of charter schools so it makes it hard to compare them with traditional public schools. For example a charter high school that specializes in the arts or a charter school that caters to children of homeless parents, or a charter elementary school that focus on black studies is hard to compare with traditional schools. Also charter schools unlike traditional schools can be selected in their admission policy depending on state laws. Even charter schools that aren't specialized will usually try distinguish themselves in various ways such as online delivery, curriculum flexibility, etc.. So comparing charter schools with traditional public school schools is often an apples and oranges comparison.

Or we can just fix the schools we have... that works, too.

The only way to do that is outlaw public unions.

Unions have changed drastically under the dimshit rulers, they are no longer the place to work, they are liberal ruling class fund raising scams. Taking the teachers union for instance, they no longer require the best of the teaching profession that are there FOR THE CHILDREN as they once did. They push diversity and liberal biased teachers that will further their indoctrination and be willing to compromise the children's education to achieve a liberal biased undereducated graduate.

That is pretty much what happened. Reagan began by destroying unions, and the middle class immediately starting losing ground in terms of savings, income growth and job prospects. It took years for it to "come tumbling down", but the balance between workers and bosses was broken.

Besides the air traffic controllers, what other union did Reagan go after?

He had nothing to do with the demise of unions. Unions did that to themselves. They kept pushing and pushing until the pushed all the good jobs out of America.

America is tumbling down because you dumbasses did get rid of the unions. That's the problem.

the thing is, Trump promised all the good jobs to come back to Cleetus and Billy Bob in Coal and Steel Country,a nd doesn't admit that the only reason why those jobs paid as well as they did was because a union made sure that they did.

Yes they did, and that's why American consumers opted for foreign products. The American consumer will not support unions or overpriced products so talentless people can have good paying jobs.

He had nothing to do with the demise of unions. Unions did that to themselves. They kept pushing and pushing until the pushed all the good jobs out of America.

It's the myth. Even FDR was against government employees striking and using collective bargaining.

Unions have changed drastically under the dimshit rulers, they are no longer the place to work, they are liberal ruling class fund raising scams. Taking the teachers union for instance, they no longer require the best of the teaching profession that are there FOR THE CHILDREN as they once did. They push diversity and liberal biased teachers that will further their indoctrination and be willing to compromise the children's education to achieve a liberal biased undereducated graduate.

They no which side their bread is buttered.

As long as they fight charter schools and have a monopoly indoctrination of children they are set for life.

So what if they do? That helps insure your kid will be studying in a less distractive environment. That's a bad thing?

I'll give you one thing Joe, at least your honest. Children and parents should not have a choice in education. You take what government gives you and be happy with it.

Yeah, just fix the schools, fix the roads, build the bridges, give everybody free college...... When are you liberals ever going to ask where all this money is going to come from? You think your government is like a Genie in a bottle. Just open her up and your wish will come true because that's how magic happens.

So you tell me: just what needs fixing in the schools that would make students perform better? Would new windows make them study harder? How about new floors or new lighting? A new floor for the basketball courts? What?

It's the myth. Even FDR was against government employees striking and using collective bargaining.

When unions strike in a private company, the company owners sit down with the unions and each side is represented. How many taxpayers can sit at the table and debate with the public unions whether they are deserving of more money or benefits? They sit down with politicians who get their paycheck from the same place union workers do--the taxpayers.

Most parents in public schools do have choices without attending privates schools. Of the 100 largest school districts in the country, all offer at least some degree choice which takes the form of tuition free charter schools withing the district, right to transfer from any failing school to any school rated C or higher, or out of district wavers. Almost all of this has come about within the last 12 years. I suspect within next 10 years, essentially every district in the country will offered parents choices.

Forum List

Back