Romney caught on tape

The sheer ignorance of what Romney said was that he took President Obama's current 47% in the polls, which is about where he is vs. Romney,

and then attached that 47% to the 47% number, coincidentally the same, of households paying no federal income tax,

and then made the idiotic leap to saying that ALL of Obama's support comes from those people.

Romney is an idiot.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
Romney continues by saying:
"they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Read more: Romney's closed door comments caught on tape (Includes interview)

Listen to the tape at the link.
I don't understand what the problem is here. Did he say something that was untrue? I happen to agree with him and find it refreshing.

Perhaps a bucket of cold water into the faces of those he describes might shame them into becoming productive members of society.

In either case, he wasn't going to get their votes no matter what, so why act like a democrat and pander to them?

The sheer ignorance of what Romney said was that he took President Obama's current 47% in the polls, which is about where he is vs. Romney,

and then attached that 47% to the 47% number, coincidentally the same, of households paying no federal income tax,

and then made the idiotic leap to saying that ALL of Obama's support comes from those people.

Romney is an idiot.

The conspiracy theory section is down below.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
"they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

When did it become a liability to speak the TRUTH, this is provable, you know people as do I that look for every opportunity to ride in the wagon while you are pulling it. I am not talking about the people who can't do it for themselves, those with disabilities, etc, but there are thousands who have sat on their asses for years, they are parasites who look for every opportunity to get more of your hard earned dollar. They do see themselves as victims and they will never vote for someone who might make them work to get more. Obama is their guy because he enslaves these people with their total dependency and he does it to get more votes.

Last edited:

I don't understand what the problem is here. Did he say something that was untrue? I happen to agree with him and find it refreshing.

Perhaps a bucket of cold water into the faces of those he describes might shame them into becoming productive members of society.

In either case, he wasn't going to get their votes no matter what, so why act like a democrat and pander to them?

Yeah..right.

How exactly do you become "productive" after putting in 50 years of work..then retiring. Should you go back to work?

How exactly do you become "productive" after fighting in a war and getting your arms and legs blown off?

How exactly do you become "productive" if you are fighting a life threatening disease?

And how exactly would you deal with the massive income inequality in this country that has created a class of people that work their ASSES OFF and get nowhere. Incomes have been flat for a good 14 years now.

"Gimme mines Obama money!"

The LIBERAL WELFARE herd..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc&feature=related]OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube[/ame]

Notice to help pay for electric bills? HEY YOU MORONS, your messiah promised to SKYROCKET energy prices and he did.. you haven't seen anything yet!!!

Romney is an idiot.

The more laughable thing is that many of them are voting Romney and could care less about taxes.

They care about getting rid of abortion and getting religion into the government.

Democrats are the "social justice" redistributive welfare party, and 47% of Americans pay no federal income tax.........

Absoltuely shocking facts..........Just ask the communists over at pmsnbc

From your link

"Put bluntly, these are not households shirking their tax liabilities. The pool consists mostly of the poor, of relatively low-income working families and of old people."

"It is also worth noting that though tens of millions of families do not pay federal income taxes, there are virtually no families that do not pay any taxes – between payroll taxes, sales taxes, state and local taxes, and on and on."

But this is the fault of the dems, right?

"Moreover, the Bush tax cuts – the signature Republican economic policy of the 2000s, which doubled the child tax credit, increased a number of other deductions and exemptions, and lowered marginal tax rates – erased millions of families’ federal income tax liabilities."

Still think Romney is right? Still think that 47% of people don't want to take responsibility for their lives?

You're wrong and you know it. Thanks for the link to help prove that.

Did I say, "this is the democrats fault." ? No, I didn't. And still 47% don't pay any federal income taxes.

That's your response? Really? So Romney was right that 47% don't want to take responsibility for themselves?

Try not to give a lazy answer this time.

YES!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah..right.

How exactly do you become "productive" after putting in 50 years of work..then retiring. Should you go back to work?

How exactly do you become "productive" after fighting in a war and getting your arms and legs blown off?

How exactly do you become "productive" if you are fighting a life threatening disease?

And how exactly would you deal with the massive income inequality in this country that has created a class of people that work their ASSES OFF and get nowhere. Incomes have been flat for a good 14 years now.

Then maybe Obama should have taken on the tax code instead of, or along with Obamacare. The only thing Romney is guilty of is exaggeratting. The basis of what he meant is spot on and you know it.

No one is advocating throwing those in need to the dogs.

Yeah..right.

Wow, do you even know what 'retired' means?

Reaching for the most extreme examples, I see, and then trying to apply them to EVERYONE! Try a little critical reasoning for a change.

Income inequity does NOT prevent anyone from being productive.

Nice failure....

My mind hasn't changed. Romney is right, and he shouldn't even bother pandering to those who will not vote for him regardless of his positions.

It is a waste of his time and his resources. There are people who CAN be persuaded, and those are the people he should be focused upon.

This is a carefully crafted and coordinated attack by democrats in collusion with the media. No matter what Romney says, this is what is going to happen.

From your link

"Put bluntly, these are not households shirking their tax liabilities. The pool consists mostly of the poor, of relatively low-income working families and of old people."

"It is also worth noting that though tens of millions of families do not pay federal income taxes, there are virtually no families that do not pay any taxes – between payroll taxes, sales taxes, state and local taxes, and on and on."

But this is the fault of the dems, right?

"Moreover, the Bush tax cuts – the signature Republican economic policy of the 2000s, which doubled the child tax credit, increased a number of other deductions and exemptions, and lowered marginal tax rates – erased millions of families’ federal income tax liabilities."

Still think Romney is right? Still think that 47% of people don't want to take responsibility for their lives?

You're wrong and you know it. Thanks for the link to help prove that.

Did I say, "this is the democrats fault." ? No, I didn't. And still 47% don't pay any federal income taxes.

That's your response? Really? So Romney was right that 47% don't want to take responsibility for themselves?

Try not to give a lazy answer this time.

He speaks the truth 47% don't pay any income taxes, not that they are lazy, but that's a fact. This whole video is suspect because we don't see all of it and you can bet your buckwheat it was released to divert everyone's attention from the crisis going on in the middle east. I am not falling for it.

This is what Romney was talking about:

Obama Voters - 201203 - YouTube

Democrats, aren't you tired of your tax dollars going to these parasites?

Funny you liked that one..but didn't like this one..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb62fpsyhC4]Bill Maher Mississippi - YouTube[/ame]

That one is great too. Thanks for posting.

That toothless man on food stamps is part of the leech population. It's not just Black people. Blacks are only about 15% of the population and only a percent of that are leeches. We are talking about 47%! That's a lot of white leeches.

I guess when President Truman said, I am the president of all the people, he must have looked pretty stupid to Republicans?

Forum List

Back