Rubio may suspend his campaign before Florida

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 11.54.53 AM.png

This is coming from his donors NOT his campaign. They are saying that there is chatter from his donors that if he doesn't rise in the polls he may get out for the obvious reasons.

Keep in mind this is not a done deal but there is word that it just may happen. Very interesting development.

I think it's about time. He clearly does not have a path to the presidency nor does he have a shot at a VP spot.

What donors? They aren't named. Sounds like a stunt.
:dunno: but they haven't repudiated it yet. Last time this came out (2 days ago?) his campaign manager literally ran across the street to the CNN building to say it wasn't true

This is coming from his donors NOT his campaign. They are saying that there is chatter from his donors that if he doesn't rise in the polls he may get out for the obvious reasons.

Keep in mind this is not a done deal but there is word that it just may happen. Very interesting development.
Yes, but there is talk about changing the rules of the convention to allow candidates like rubio that have any delegates at all to be nominated for a floor fight after the first ballot. I think those who do not have a majority of 8 states should get out and stay out.

I think it's about time. He clearly does not have a path to the presidency nor does he have a shot at a VP spot.

Hopefully that would open up Florida to a Cruz win. Then we could go down to 2.

Makes sense.

He's gonna get trounced in Florida - his own home state.

No point in prematurely ending your political career by subjecting yourself to such an embarrassment part-way through your first term in the Senate.

This way, he lives to fight another day - and buys himself time to improve his standing with his own constituents.

I wouldn't believe it or spread it until you hear it from Rubio's mouth. Too many dirty tricks going on in this campaign. We don't have to make it worse by spreading rumors.

So far only Trump has garnered more than the required 8 states, he has 12, so far
Trump has 8 states with a majority of the delegates. He has 12 states with the most.
Cruz has 3 states
Rubio has none

You might have something there if the campaign hadn't already said he won't drop out even if he loses FL.

I wouldn't believe it or spread it until you hear it from Rubio's mouth. Too many dirty tricks going on in this campaign. We don't have to make it worse by spreading rumors.
except his campaign hasn't repudiated it yet...._THAT_ is very telling. Couple days ago they sure as hell made sure the rumors of him dropping out were untrue. Pretty much immediately.

Forum List

Back