Rubio vs. Athiest

if you believe.

no one cares if you believe or not.

but this thread was about the radical religious right trying to make this country a theocracy.

your beliefs should not be legislated into law. that's what the first amendment is for. (no matter what the rabid wingers say).

No, this thread was about a Rat plant trying to disrupt a Rubio town hall with a simple agenda: to paint Rubio as a fanatic. Instead it turned out to be as good a case for one letting their Christianity guide their actions as I've ever heard. Rubio hit it out of the park and all the pathetic little atheists can do is crawl back into their hidey holes. :badgrin:
I'd like to know if the retard thinks all non christians go to hell. Can he answer that question? Yes would immediately disqualify him imo.

If you'll read the Bible, it says what it takes. The means someone not doing what it takes doesn't go.

The Bible doesn't say you get to decide who qualified and who doesn't unless you can show me that passage.
I read that sci fi book.

Apparently not since you seem to think you get to decide who is and who isn't.

Are you one of those evolution people? What I need to believe evolution is for you to show me a picture of my grandfather from 20,000 generations ago you claim I evolved from. No picture, no proof.

Where did the first humans come from? If you can't answer this scientifically, then evolution is the only choice.

Was the first human a baby? How was it born? Was the first humans adults? How did they get here? If you tell me a god magically poofed them into existence, then there really is no other choice but to laugh and mock you.

Evolution tells you were the first humans came from. They came from an animal that wasn't what we know as "human" today. It was more monkey. Before that it was more of a small mammal. And ultimately every land creature on the planet is related and we all crawled out of the ocean. I know it is too much for you to contemplate. That's because you are an unevolved primitive superstitious human who believes in fairy tales. Its sad with all the information at your fingertips that you cling to the god hypothesis. But hey, we're still a very young species who barely know anything yet. Hell, we just discovered a 9th planet in our own solar system. How did we miss that?

I'll tell you how. Instead of teaching science once a week on Sundays, we teach a fairy tale or myth. And give me 10% of your income stupid!

I don't know where Rubio stands on the particulars but as you pointed out he certainly sounded like one of the slaves of the church types.
Which law that he voted for would indicate he's a slave to the church?
Nothing that he voted for (that I'm aware of), just the way he phrased the particular argument in the video linked by the OP; Beyond that I have never seen anything from him that indicates he harbors a "slave of the church" mentality (which is why I said "I don't know where Rubio stands on the particulars"). Would be an interesting question for him at the GOP debate that would allow him to clarify his thinking on it.
Why do Democrats never get asked? obama and Hillary are Christians too. All Christians believe inalienable rights are from God, it isn't a misunderstanding like dblack claims. Seeing things differently doesn't make it a scary misunderstanding.

if you believe.

no one cares if you believe or not.

but this thread was about the radical religious right trying to make this country a theocracy.

your beliefs should not be legislated into law. that's what the first amendment is for. (no matter what the rabid wingers say).

No, this thread was about a Rat plant trying to disrupt a Rubio town hall with a simple agenda: to paint Rubio as a fanatic. Instead it turned out to be as good a case for one letting their Christianity guide their actions as I've ever heard. Rubio hit it out of the park and all the pathetic little atheists can do is crawl back into their hidey holes. :badgrin:
I'd like to know if the retard thinks all non christians go to hell. Can he answer that question? Yes would immediately disqualify him imo.

If you'll read the Bible, it says what it takes. The means someone not doing what it takes doesn't go.

The Bible doesn't say you get to decide who qualified and who doesn't unless you can show me that passage.
I read that sci fi book.

Are you one of those evolution people? What I need to believe evolution is for you to show me a picture of my grandfather from 20,000 generations ago you claim I evolved from. No picture, no proof.
I found it.

Google

Evolution in real time

I read that sci fi book.

Where did the first humans come from? If you can't answer this scientifically, then evolution is the only choice.

Was the first human a baby? How was it born? Was the first humans adults? How did they get here? If you tell me a god magically poofed them into existence, then there really is no other choice but to laugh and mock you.

Evolution tells you were the first humans came from. They came from an animal that wasn't what we know as "human" today. It was more monkey. Before that it was more of a small mammal. And ultimately every land creature on the planet is related and we all crawled out of the ocean. I know it is too much for you to contemplate. That's because you are an unevolved primitive superstitious human who believes in fairy tales. Its sad with all the information at your fingertips that you cling to the god hypothesis. But hey, we're still a very young species who barely know anything yet. Hell, we just discovered a 9th planet in our own solar system. How did we miss that?

I'll tell you how. Instead of teaching science once a week on Sundays, we teach a fairy tale or myth. And give me 10% of your income stupid!

Then show me the picture of my actual family member that you say was more monkey like than human. I'm still waiting. If you can provide that, you have no evidence.

I read that sci fi book.

I found it.

Google

Evolution in real time

Sorry, wrong again.

You're afraid to watch Rubio Christian answer to an atheist's question after you elected a muslim to be president? This is why prog morons shouldn't be allowed to vote....ever.

afraid? er... no. I have no reason to.

no presidential candidate should make religion an issue. that's prohibited by the constitution.

aside from the fact that the president isn't a muslim, I don't care what religion anyone has or no religion at all so long as they don't try to enact it into law like the radical religious right keeps trying to.

No it's not prohibited to talk about religion or make it an issue. What is prohibited is the government establishing a religion.

What kind of an attorney are you that you don't understand the Constitution?

One who knows you haven't a clue.

You Don't understand the Constitution and I'm the one that hasn't a clue?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hopefully you're a defense lawyer. We need to get as many convictions as possible.

YOU don't understand how the Constitution has been construed by the Court. That is the only meaning necessary. And the Court has repeatedly held that government can't impose a religion on its people.

Exactly! By Rubio talking about religion isn't imposing religion on you or anyone else. So when you stated that "no presidential candidate should make religion an issue. that's prohibited by the constitution." , You were fucking WRONG!!!

Sure. But the question was how do his beliefs interfere with his ability to serve as President for those who don't share his beliefs.

Anybody who doubts Obama is a muslim need only look at his activities in the ME for proof. Name another president who's ever BOWED to an arab king and who wears a muslim ring instead of a wedding ring.

I don't know where Rubio stands on the particulars but as you pointed out he certainly sounded like one of the slaves of the church types.
Nothing that he voted for (that I'm aware of), just the way he phrased the particular argument in the video linked by the OP; Beyond that I have never seen anything from him that indicates he harbors a "slave of the church" mentality (which is why I said "I don't know where Rubio stands on the particulars"). Would be an interesting question for him at the GOP debate that would allow him to clarify his thinking on it.

It would. It could be he's just equivocating, that he'd give a different answer in front of a different crowd (which is another problem). Most Christian politicians are careful to describe rights as "endowed by the creator" without specifying any particular entity (ie. it could be the Christian God, some other deity, or simply evolution, depending on one's origins belief).

Sure. But the question was how do his beliefs interfere with his ability to serve as President for those who don't share his beliefs.

Anybody who doubts Obama is a muslim need only look at his activities in the ME for proof. Name another president who's ever BOWED to an arab king and who wears a muslim ring instead of a wedding ring.

uh... okaaaay. what's that got to do with anything?

You seemed concerned about a president's religion guiding his actions in office. duh

Obama's religion doesn't enter into it for me. I'm fundamentally opposed to his political convictions, so his religious views aren't really on my radar. Rubio, on the other hand, espouses some views I could get behind (eg. limited government). But if these views are subordinate to his religion, that presents a problem

Obama's religion doesn't enter into it for me. I'm fundamentally opposed to his political convictions, so his religious views aren't really on my radar. Rubio, on the other hand, espouses some views I could get behind (eg. limited government). But if these views are subordinate to his religion, that presents a problem

I remember when JFK was running and the Nixon crowd warned the Vatican would be in charge of us. Catholics don't scare me but Baptists?....that's another matter. :lol:

It would. It could be he's just equivocating, that he'd give a different answer in front of a different crowd (which is another problem). Most Christian politicians are careful to describe rights as "endowed by the creator" without specifying any particular entity (ie. it could be the Christian God, some other deity, or simply evolution, depending on one's origins belief).
They use the term because it's in our founding documents. If you are confused about who they think the creator is that's your shortcoming, not some secret they don't want out.

Why do Democrats never get asked? obama and Hillary are Christians too. All Christians believe inalienable rights are from God, it isn't a misunderstanding like dblack claims. Seeing things differently doesn't make it a scary misunderstanding.

People don't ask democrats because democrats don't shove their religion in your face. Believe what you want. Leave everyone else alone

That's why

You seemed concerned about a president's religion guiding his actions in office. duh

They want limited government when it comes to anything that protects our environment or our workers or, more generally our people, but think government should meddle in people's most personal business.

How do we know this? The first bill passed by the house in 2010 when the GOP took over was a personhood bill, not a bill to stimulate the economy. And pretty much the little they HAVE done has been to interfere with marriage or reproductive rights.

Is fear of Hell the only reason you have morals, such as they are?
I'm not religious, dipstick. Why are you so fearful of thinking? Does it make your brain hurt?

So you were mocking Rubio for needing the fear of the supernatural to make him behave?

lol, no you weren't.
I mock liberals, especially atheists, because they don't have an honest bone in their bodies. Which you have proven.

Show me one thing I've ever lied about.
You've been doing it in this thread. You constantly use the bible to try to minimize my comments after me telling you many times I'm not religious. Not to mention all the other conversations we've had.

That's not lying. Congratulations, you're not religious. You don't need an invisible bogeyman to terrify you into behaving, to the extent you behave.

Go argue with the Christian conservatives who disagree with that principle.

I read that sci fi book.

Then show me the picture of my actual family member that you say was more monkey like than human. I'm still waiting. If you can provide that, you have no evidence.
Do you have a million years?

We dug up your ancestor and it was 3 foot tall and had more chimp like features than you. Lucy was her name.

People don't ask democrats because democrats don't shove their religion in your face. Believe what you want. Leave everyone else alone

That's why
Rubio answered a question, that's not shoving. Same with many interviews/debates. They get asked, when they answer they are shoving religion in your face? You're so dishonest you may well be a lawyer after all.

Forum List

Back