Sarah Brady has died

I guess the part about well regulated militias

I guess the part about shall not be infringed . . .

Don't think I should own guns, be a man and attempt to take them from me. Bet you won't try.
You can't have well regulated militias without gun registration

Are you saying the militias at the time the Constitution was written registered their guns. Doubt it.
They knew everyone who was in their militia and what weapons they had

What we call....well regulated

I'm still trying to grasp what's the leftist fascination with guns? Seems they're obsessed by such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things

-Geaux

It has something to do with assasinations, massacres and the highest murder rate in the industrialized world

Don't think I should own guns, be a man and attempt to take them from me. Bet you won't try.

Are you saying the militias at the time the Constitution was written registered their guns. Doubt it.

I'm still trying to grasp what's the leftist fascination with guns? Seems they're obsessed by such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things

-Geaux

It has something to do with assasinations, massacres and the highest murder rate in the industrialized world

Perhaps you should focus on those who assassinate, massacre, and murder. I've owned and been around guns as long as I can remember. I have no intention of doing any of that yet the laws you support would affect me as if I was one of them.

-Geaux

That doesn't concern me to that degree. Why does it you?

-Geaux

-Geaux

That doesn't concern me to that degree. Why does it you?

-Geaux

Rightwinger is one of those idiots that thinks if enough laws are passed, criminals will suddenly start abiding by them.

I see some paranoia here and paranoia is a symptom of mental disease

every fucking liberfool is afflicted with some mental disorder, more so when it comes to GUNS, then the mere mention of "GUN" will send them off the deep end, that is when they need institutionalized...., in a rubber room :up:

:fu: ..........+..............:up_yours:

what part of shall not be infringed don't you get? where does the federal government get the proper power to demand people register guns they already own?

The People are the Ultimate Militia and, as such, should not begrudge the registration of firearms and the licensing of owners, and standards for vetting and usage-training and storage and transport and carry and sale and transfer and disposal.

None of that detracts from one's right to own them, so long as they meet society's standards for ownership.

It is clear to even the worst dullard that we need to find a way to reduce the number of guns in the hands of criminals and the incompetent or dangerous amongst us.

There is no way other than to set national standards and to employ centralized data management and to enforce them.

Done right, such changes are likely to greatly reduce the number of sources for illegal (un-registered or stolen) firearms and to greatly improve the gun-ownership climate for ordinary citizens, under circumstances where the public-at-large may rest easy that sales, transfers, training, registration, licensure, transport, etc., are all being done right.

Very little difference, in the long run, from registering your vehicle and obtaining a license for it and yourself, and undergoing initial and/or refresher training, and undertaking periodic competency testing, and having all that registered in a centralized database.

If we can do that with our road-vehicles (and airplanes and boats, for that matter), there is no reason why we cannot do the same with firearms, which pose a mortal danger when used improperly or when fallen into the wrong hands.

There are a variety of rights and privileges outlined or implicit or derived from the verbiage in the US Constitution, which are reasonably-well regulated, through registration and licensure and the like.

It's time to stop freaking-out and being paranoid about The Gubmint taking our guns, and acknowledging the sanity and higher degree of safety that such an approach brings.

The Second Amendment - in its current mode of interpretation - should be allowed to stand indefinitely.

The Gun-Grabbers cannot have the guns.

But the Gun-Rights folks need to budge, as well, in order to keep the peace, and to put this matter to rest, once and for all.

And, frankly, that 'budge' is going to consist of a better approach, at the national level, and integrating the work of the States, to register and license firearms and owners.

That's just the way it's going to be.

It's not a question of "IF".

It's merely a question of "WHEN".

Might as well bite-the-bullet and get this over with, rather than spend more years pointlessly burning-up energy, trying to sweep back the sea with a broom.

...Why would you push registration when it will do absolutely nothing to stop criminals from getting and using guns.....?
Unless the penalty for being caught with an un-registered gun, or being caught with any gun - registered or not - without a License - is so frigging draconian that it scares the shit out of the average second-story man who might want to carry one.

so if you are going away for life for merely owning a gun...
Not for OWNING a gun... for owning an UNREGISTERED gun... or owning a gun without a personal LICENSE to do so... get it right, eh?

...law that violates the constitution...
Firearms registration and owner licensing laws at the State level have withstood the scrutiny of the courts time and again, in a Constitutional context.

I cannot imagine that a series of Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Standards and Centralized Databases for such purposes would violate it, either.

...Better yet, such a person should target the scum who passed such a unconstitutional law.
If you act in contravention to the Will of the People in committing such violence you will be crushed without mercy, no doubt.

what part of shall not be infringed don't you get? where does the federal government get the proper power to demand people register guns they already own?
I am not registering jack shit.

so if you are going away for life for merely owning a gun...
Not for OWNING a gun... for owning an UNREGISTERED gun... or owning a gun without a personal LICENSE to do so... get it right, eh?

...law that violates the constitution...
Firearms registration and owner licensing laws at the State level have withstood the scrutiny of the courts time and again, in a Constitutional context.

I cannot imagine that a series of Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Standards and Centralized Databases for such purposes would violate it, either.

...Better yet, such a person should target the scum who passed such a unconstitutional law.
If you act in contravention to the Will of the People in committing such violence you will be crushed without mercy, no doubt.

Courts have ruled you wrong for over 225 years.

The People are the Ultimate Militia and, as such, should not begrudge the registration of firearms and the licensing of owners, and standards for vetting and usage-training and storage and transport and carry and sale and transfer and disposal.

None of that detracts from one's right to own them, so long as they meet society's standards for ownership.

It is clear to even the worst dullard that we need to find a way to reduce the number of guns in the hands of criminals and the incompetent or dangerous amongst us.

There is no way other than to set national standards and to employ centralized data management and to enforce them.

Done right, such changes are likely to greatly reduce the number of sources for illegal (un-registered or stolen) firearms and to greatly improve the gun-ownership climate for ordinary citizens, under circumstances where the public-at-large may rest easy that sales, transfers, training, registration, licensure, transport, etc., are all being done right.

Very little difference, in the long run, from registering your vehicle and obtaining a license for it and yourself, and undergoing initial and/or refresher training, and undertaking periodic competency testing, and having all that registered in a centralized database.

If we can do that with our road-vehicles (and airplanes and boats, for that matter), there is no reason why we cannot do the same with firearms, which pose a mortal danger when used improperly or when fallen into the wrong hands.

There are a variety of rights and privileges outlined or implicit or derived from the verbiage in the US Constitution, which are reasonably-well regulated, through registration and licensure and the like.

It's time to stop freaking-out and being paranoid about The Gubmint taking our guns, and acknowledging the sanity and higher degree of safety that such an approach brings.

The Second Amendment - in its current mode of interpretation - should be allowed to stand indefinitely.

But the Gun-Rights folks need to budge, as well, in order to keep the peace, and to put this matter to rest, once and for all.

And, frankly, that 'budge' is going to consist of a better approach, at the national level, and integrating the work of the States, to register and license firearms and owners.

Might as well bite-the-bullet and get this over with, rather than spend more years pointlessly burning-up energy, trying to sweep back the sea with a broom.

Registration is the step necessary for confiscation.

You want a really bloody civil war in this country, start trying confiscation.

"Licensure, Registration and Vetting Standards already exist on the State level in many jurisdictions and have successfully withstood court challenges"

There have been a whole host of gun laws at all levels that were proven unconstitutional when the US Supreme Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. And a license that can be denied for reasons other than those already listed on the federal form most certainly are an infringement.
Yes, and there have been a whole host of them that have withstood such court tests as well, aren't there? Society can proceed from that point of departure.

-Geaux

Perhaps you should focus on those who assassinate, massacre, and murder. I've owned and been around guns as long as I can remember. I have no intention of doing any of that yet the laws you support would affect me as if I was one of them.

Maybe we already do

We have the largest prison population in the world, a death penalty and still boast the highest murder rate in the free world

Doesn't seem to be working does it?

I register my car every year

Hasn't been confiscated

Who the hell is talking about Confiscation?

We're talking about National Standards, Centralized Databases, Licensure, Registration, Education/Training, and Sales, Transfer, Possession, Transport and Carry.

With or without such an approach, if the Gubmint ever moved to confiscate en masse, I'll pick up a rifle myself, and stand alongside you on the barricades.

But that's not going to happen.

The Gubmint doesn't confiscate your Cars or Boats or Airplanes when you register and license them (and yourself).

It's not going to confiscate our Guns, either.

Not without Revolution - of the sort that most of our very own Armed Forces would join, in order to preserve the Republic and The People and their Rights.

But that's an Alternative Universe, or something long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Hell, the gun-phobic Euros regulate guns much more vigorously than any such approach being proposed in this country, and their governments have never made a move to seize guns en masse from their citizenry, so, given that precedent in a far more heavily regulated environment, and given our own tradition of a Right to Bear Arms, there is no rational basis for believing that it would happen here.

That so-called 'barrier' comes off looking weaker and weaker, and more and more lame, with each passing year and decade, as the Nation continues to suffer greatly from the misuse of firearms in the wrong hands, with nothing getting done about it.

Gun-Grabbers aren't going to get the guns.

But Gun Owners would be well-advised to contemplate the very real possibility that The People at-large have grown weary and disheartened over rampant gun crime and gun-centric acts of terror and that The People are fast approaching the point where they want something done about it.

Why not be 'smart' about it and get out in front of the problem and be seen to be proactive, and better control the message and control the outcomes, rather than sitting back and spouting the same tired old protestations year-after-year, in what is fast beginning to look like a losing battle?

Done right, from a Gun Owner's perspective the cup would be 9/10 full, not 1/10 empty, and it would put the matter to rest for decades, or generations, or forever.

Hasn't been confiscated
Is your right to operate a car on a public road mention in the Constitution?

...Is your right to operate a car on a public road mention in the Constitution?
How does requiring you to register your firearms and license yourself infringe upon your Constitutional rights?

Unless you are being denied the Right to Bear Arms for no good reason, nobody is infringing upon such rights.

Merely requiring that you exercise that Right in a safe and sane fashion, according to the standards set by society for a well-regulated Ultimate Militia.

Hasn't been confiscated
Is your right to operate a car on a public road mention in the Constitution?

Well regulated militias are

We can't regulate our militias without knowing who has guns and what types of guns they have

The Constitution demands registration of guns

o,
...I am not registering jack shit.
You will if it becomes law.
I absolutely will NOT do that.
Yes you will, if it becomes law, all protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.

And, if by some odd chance, you actually keep your promise and fail to comply, you will bring down upon your head a world of trouble, pointlessly, and needlessly.

Time to take a chill-pill.
So, you immediately concede that registration will lead to house to house searches of citizens.

You have now relegated yourself to person unworthy of reply (except maybe by accident, I don't use the IGNORE feature).

Have a Happy Deluded Easter.

Forum List

Back