Sarah Palin being considered for Secretary of Veterans Affairs

Will Palin do a good job as VA secretary? We may or may not find out. 52 pages of bullshit on something that may or may not happen. and, yes, I contributed to it.

I rather think she possesses administrative, management, and problem solving skills plus her long time concern and passion for the military and veterans, I suspect she would be pretty good. She would need some very good people on her team. If she didn't cut it, I have no fear that Trump would not replace her.

Does it matter. She will quit within a year. She quits everything she starts.

Rather than be bankrupted by dirtbag leftist nuisance-suits designed to....bankrupt her, yes she quit. The state of Alaska no longer requires their Governor to pay for lawsuits against the office....too late to get Sarah's $500K back.

So, you are OK with it because she got to keep money she stole?
Here we go with the libel again...

I'm a retired US Navy sailor, with over 20 years of service, and I respectfully disagree with you.

ANYONE who has served a full term and was discharged with Under Honorable Conditions discharge or better, gets to have the title of veteran. They earned it, regardless of what I think of their politics.

There are people on this board who are also veterans and we disagree quite a bit, but we recognize each others service and honor that part of them, if not the rest.

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet.

I disagree ... it has nothing to do with politics.

It has to do with his performance AS a veteran. He has forfeited my respect. (The operative word is "honor")

You gotta admit if you're being honest, that there are people currently in the military and those who have served honorably and gotten out, who were pretty crappy human beings. I had a LT on my first ship who was a ring knocker who thought he knew everything (he didn't), as well as have worked with enlisted people who did their job, did it fairly well, but were miserable to be around.

Even though I didn't like those people and thought they were piss poor excuses for human beings, I still recognized their service as veterans if they had a General Under Honorable Conditions or better discharge.

The only ones I don't consider veterans are those whose DD214s say General Under Other Than Honorable Conditions (OTH), Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD, also known as Big Chicken Dinner), or Dishonorable, because the military said they didn't recognize their service as honorable.

Everyone else? If the military recognizes their service as Honorable, that's good enough for me, even if I don't like them.

Kerry did serve and managed to come home after a shortened tour due to three band aid injuries. He did get an Honhiorable discharge and then got lower than whale shit as a veteran by throwing his military ribbons over the White House wall to protest the Vietnam war. He then testified before Congress:

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

4/22/71 War ended on 8/15/73

He gave aid and comfort to the enemy while we were still engaged in armed conflict and is in a tie with Jane Fonda for being a traitor and a sorry human being, IMHO.
I recall an interview with Kerry's wife where she spoke of Kerry being awakened often from the pain from one of his wounds. Degrading his service just shows what a dick you are. Actually, Kerry's post war actions helped end the Vietnam war earlier & that save soldier's lives

Those atrocities did happen.
Yep.....John Kerry never spent one day in a hospital being treated. He wrote his own recommendation for his awards. One of his Purple Hearts was his own fault. He threw a concussion grenade into a pile of rice and he caught a little rice-shrapnel from it. He took care of the wound with a small bandage.

John Kerry’s ‘self-inflicted’ Purple Heart, Bronze Star

Lol. What a tard.

I'm a retired US Navy sailor, with over 20 years of service, and I respectfully disagree with you.

ANYONE who has served a full term and was discharged with Under Honorable Conditions discharge or better, gets to have the title of veteran. They earned it, regardless of what I think of their politics.

There are people on this board who are also veterans and we disagree quite a bit, but we recognize each others service and honor that part of them, if not the rest.

You should do so as well, even if you don't like Kerry. He served the time, he's a vet.

It has to do with his performance AS a veteran. He has forfeited my respect. (The operative word is "honor")

You gotta admit if you're being honest, that there are people currently in the military and those who have served honorably and gotten out, who were pretty crappy human beings. I had a LT on my first ship who was a ring knocker who thought he knew everything (he didn't), as well as have worked with enlisted people who did their job, did it fairly well, but were miserable to be around.

Even though I didn't like those people and thought they were piss poor excuses for human beings, I still recognized their service as veterans if they had a General Under Honorable Conditions or better discharge.

The only ones I don't consider veterans are those whose DD214s say General Under Other Than Honorable Conditions (OTH), Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD, also known as Big Chicken Dinner), or Dishonorable, because the military said they didn't recognize their service as honorable.

Everyone else? If the military recognizes their service as Honorable, that's good enough for me, even if I don't like them.

Kerry did serve and managed to come home after a shortened tour due to three band aid injuries. He did get an Honhiorable discharge and then got lower than whale shit as a veteran by throwing his military ribbons over the White House wall to protest the Vietnam war. He then testified before Congress:

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

He gave aid and comfort to the enemy while we were still engaged in armed conflict and is in a tie with Jane Fonda for being a traitor and a sorry human being, IMHO.
I recall an interview with Kerry's wife where she spoke of Kerry being awakened often from the pain from one of his wounds. Degrading his service just shows what a dick you are. Actually, Kerry's post war actions helped end the Vietnam war earlier & that save soldier's lives

Yep.....John Kerry never spent one day in a hospital being treated. He wrote his own recommendation for his awards. One of his Purple Hearts was his own fault. He threw a concussion grenade into a pile of rice and he caught a little rice-shrapnel from it. He took care of the wound with a small bandage.

Great idea! If we want to learn about John Kerry's past -- let's read about it on worldnet daily.

giphy.gif

[
Some were, some weren't. CNN was not far off. In the popular vote, they were off by 3 points (within the margin of error). In the electoral vote,

They predicted Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin all for Clinton.

You are again spewing shit, making things up that fit the Soros narrative with zero regard for facts.

they were accurate in 48 out of 50 states plus D.C.. And the 3 states they were wrong in were states Trump won by slim margins.

False.

CNN did NOT predict a Trump victory.

What you seem incapable of comprehending is their electoral map was comprised of hundreds of individual state polls. You're actually dumb enough to believe because Trump won the overall electoral vote in a landslide, that makes all the polls wrong when in fact, it was just a handful that were off.

You are simply lying; as everyone here knows.

View attachment 100598

CNN Electoral College Map

Clinton's path to 270: The blue wall - CNN Video

Now you've gone over the cliff with your nutbaggery with such ludicrous nonsense as though the right never attacks Liberals' kids. And I'm good with him apologizing for telling a joke about Bristol.

No one is as vicious as you leftists. You will say ANYTHING to attack those whom you hate. You have no class, no integrity, and no values. You are a shameless liar, as this post shows, and care only about slandering the enemies of the Khmer Rouge.
You're too fucking deranged.

You claim the polls predicted Hillary would win Florida but then post a map indicating it was too close to call. :cuckoo:

The other 3 states were the ones I already pointed out the polls got wrong; but again, they were light blue in the map you posted, meaning barely for Hillary; and the final results were actually [light red], meaning Trump barely won those states.

The map you posted proves exactly what I said but you're too ignorant to comprehend that.

You claimed Gallup polls predicted a Clinton win. You lie.

OK, I misquoted Gallup. Please forgive me. Let me rephrase: Many pollsters predicted a Hillary win, they were all wrong----------happy now?

Given that almost all of the major pollsters did a national popular vote poll, every one of them that called it for Hillary Clinton was right.

You know who got it wrong? That LA poll that all the RWnuts kept pushing. They called the popular vote for Trump.

nice spin. the pollsters said that Hillary had a 60-80 chance of winning the election, not the PV or the EC. They also said that Trump had no path to 270 EC votes. They were wrong. We do not elect presidents by PV so that count really means nothing, zero, zip, nada, zilch. but keep it up if it makes your pain less
Oh, look, you're lying again. Who could have seen that coming.

Despite your lie that pollsters didn't poll the popular vote, here's a hundred or so polls indicating the Hillary was expected win the popular vote by a few percentage points....

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever??

Do you ever stop misquoting me and others? I never said that pollsters did not create polls on the PV. They did, and they favored HRC. But the PV is a meaningless statistic. We don't use the PV to elect presidents. If you don't like that, get a constitutional amendment through both houses of congress and then get 38 states to ratify it.

YES, hilly may have won the popular vote because neither of them campaigned in California or New York-------------it means nothing. They both ran their campaigns to win the EC, and she lost. Get over it, you ran a terrible corrupt candidate and she got her ass kicked in the only vote that matters.
You're as dumb as your fellow yahoo.

I never said the popular vote was meaningful. But it does exist and the polls accurately predicted Hillary would win. So claiming now the polls got it wrong is beyond stupid and venturing into conservatism.

Great idea! If we want to learn about John Kerry's past -- let's read about it on worldnet daily.

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Keep reading your fake news from trusted liberal sites and spend the rest of your life ignorant.
Mkay?

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Keep reading your fake news from trusted liberal sites and spend the rest of your life ignorant.
Mkay?
Aww, how cute ... a person who gets their information from worldnet daily accusing others of reading fake news from ideologically bent sources.

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Mkay?
Aww, how cute ... a person who gets their information from worldnet daily accusing others of reading fake news from ideologically bent sources.
Yep.....sorry that I missed the memo that it is a invalid source.
BTW, I've read this same story on other sites besides worldnet daily. It's common knowledge to everyone......except Snowflakes who need the security of only specified liberal/progressive approved sites.

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Mkay?
Yep.....sorry that I missed the memo that it is a invalid source.
BTW, I've read this same story on other sites besides worldnet daily. It's common knowledge to everyone......except Snowflakes who need the security of only specified liberal/progressive approved sites.
There is no memo to inform you it's a bullshit website. You're supposed to have enough common sense to deduce that yourself just from reading their material. Sadly, being a conservative means you lack the common sense necessary to figure that out on your own. :(

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Mkay?

Would a snopes.com investigation be a better source?

John Kerry's Service Record

How about military.com?

Attacks on John Kerry Discredited

Yes, I'm aware that the two references directly contradict each other ... the point being, of course, that neither of you can prove or disprove the accusation.

However, nothing can disprove his intentional, studied, and virulent attacks and lies on veterans made in front of Congress.

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Mkay?

Can you find any snopes article they got wrong?

giphy.gif
Clever.

Well, not clever.

Mkay?

Can you find any snopes article they got wrong?

You want to disprove snopes --- go ahead. I'm not that invested in the answer (note: I did modify my original post to give you some ammunition if you continue to be insistent about something you can't prove or disprove.)

I saw it earlier on MSNBC. How do veterans feel about that possibility? So far, this is the only link I've found:

The Immoral Minority: Reports say that Sarah Palin is under consideration to join Trump's cabinet as the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs. Update!

That would be OK with me. I think she would kick ass and take names and straighten the VA out.

Don't lie. Don't pretend anyone will believe you actually think. Oh, and when and where did you serve?

Forum List

Back