Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Humorous clips from Chevy Chase movies do not change the facts. In MA,the legislature worked with the unions. That's all they wanted in WI, but Walker was too busy overreaching to even consider it. Now he's paying the price (which is why he's trying to do damage control)

they told the unions tough luck, essentially.

you can try to spin it otherwise, but the unions have no say in what they get for healthcare.

management decides, period.

edit-your link appears to be broken

THis is from your own source AGAIN

The Senate approved the legislation as an amendment to the state budget, after making several last-minute changes designed to make the bill a bit more palatable to unions.
One change, for example, would require cities and towns to prove that they could save more by moving workers into the state health insurance plan than if they created their own plan with similar parameters. Supporters said the change would encourage cities and towns to design their own health plans, which would be less disruptive for local employees than moving them into the state program.
State Senate limits collective bargaining rights; approves $30.5b budget - Boston.com

and this is from your other source.

The governor and legislative leaders say the plan allows communities to keep rising health care cost down while giving public workers a fair say in the process.
State Senate limits collective bargaining rights; approves $30.5b budget - Boston.com

So they do get a say, can question the motives and may even be better off with a local plan over being forced to be put in the state plan. Did you even read your own source??

at the end of the day, the unions have no collective bargaining rights regarding healthcare. i don't know why that's so difficult for you to assimilate, but i suspect the word democrat figures prominently in the process.

you can try to spin it otherwise, but the unions have no say in what they get for healthcare.

The governor and legislative leaders say the plan allows communities to keep rising health care cost down while giving public workers a fair say in the process.

So they do get a say, can question the motives and may even be better off with a local plan over being forced to be put in the state plan. Did you even read your own source??

She doesn't usually provide a source.

excuse me?

i'm not running away from it. if they were doing the job as prescribed by the law, why did a judge order them to do their job?

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - A Waukesha County judge has ordered state election officials to "take affirmative steps" to remove fake or duplicate names from recall petitions.

Judge Mac Davis ruled Thursday that the Government Accountability Board needs to strengthen the process by which it confirms whether signatures are valid.

The board has said its job is to verify that addresses are legitimate, and that it's up to the targeted office-holders to challenge fake names such as "Bugs Bunny."

But Davis said the board is obligated to remove obviously fake names, as well as duplicate and illegible signatures.

The ruling comes in a lawsuit filed by Governor Scott Walker's campaign and another party, in response to comments the board made about how it plans to validate petitions seeking Walker's recall.

Judge Orders GAB to Remove Invalid Signatures from Recall Petiti - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News

i guess you'll just have to get over it. :lol:

So legislating from the bench and you are ok with that?? Really?? WOW!

And I know it must wound your inner child but your previous source stated that according to WI law names are to be removed when walker challenged them. So they had a judge legislate from the bench and give the board NEW responsibilities that they didn't have before and took all of the responsibility off of walker.

As to why the judge decided to legislate from the bench I guess you should ask him and then ask yourself why you are ok with something that most rightwingers claim to be against.

Any way you look at it your own source still ended up countering the argument that you were trying to present which is still hilarious. LOL

i'm glad you're enjoying yourself. i guess the idea that an agency charged with vetting sigs on a petition should actually, you know, vet the sigs for obvious phonies (like mickey mouse) is a draconian one for you.

i'm always amused that when a judge makes a decision one agrees with it's good law, but if not, it's legislating from the bench. :lol:

Ok see if you can follow along here. According to your own article and the info provided by other sources the agency was doing their job but walker wanted them to do MORE. Furthermore, according to WI state law the burden if proving whether the signatures are duplicate or not is on the challenger of the petition. That is WI state law. The judge changed that by legislating from the bench and is putting that burden on the state.

The sad fact is that you, like almost every othe conservative on here who has no valid counter argument to offer has to take to attacking the messenger. You posted a link, I took the time to read the content from your link and that content countered your own argument and instead of addressing that you have been coming at me personally.

Challenges to a Recall Petition
Within 10 days after a recall petition is offered for filing, the officeholder can challenge its sufficiency. The challenge must be made in the form of a written, sworn complaint.
The challenge must specify any alleged insufficiency in the petition. Any challenge to the validity of signatures on a recall petition must demonstrate by affidavits or other supporting evidence a failure to comply with statutory requirements. The burden of proof is on the challenger. The information on a recall petition is presumed to be valid unless proven otherwise. El.Bd. 2.11., Wis. Adm. Code.

http://elections.state.wi.us/docview.asp?docid=14632&locid=47

1325795244_angry_face.gif

Yeah.
Right.

since he hasn't challenged the petitions yet, and since the courts have told the GAB to do their job, it would appear that you, sir, are full of shit.

he challenged the procedure, not the petitions themselves.

Walker Defends GOP Lawsuit Challenging Recall Procedures | TPMDC

The GAB was doing their job but walker used the court to legislate from the bench and redefine their job to include walkers responsibility as the challenger of the petition.

The sad thing is that you know better based on your own source which clearly stated that the responsibility to recongize and challenge phony and duplicate names is walkers responsibility.

I am surprised that you would support legislating from the bench like that. tsk tsk.

based on what you've written, i expect the sun rising in the east comes as a shock to you every morning.:eusa_shhh:

Based on how you can only attack me personally while failing to defend your own arguments based on your own source I expect that you have nothing valid to offer and can only troll in the hope that attacking me personally will somehow validate your arguments. It won't but you can keep hoping.

Now if you have anything valid to offer that would be greatly appreciated. So do you have anything or are you just going to attack me some more?

at the end of the day, the unions have no collective bargaining rights regarding healthcare. i don't know why that's so difficult for you to assimilate, but i suspect the word democrat figures prominently in the process.

Funny but at the end of the day your own articles counter your argument AGAIN. I quoted your own article and they added admentments at the end of the process to give unions some of what they wanted. They compromised with each other.
Even though you are entitlted to your opinion you are not entitlted to your own reality.

Gonzo_baby.jpg

Hey!!! Where do I Sign the Recall Petition???

I get to Sign more than once, right???

Gonzo_baby.jpg

You are welcome to challenge any signature on the million plus recall petition. You only have to find 400,000 illegitimate signatures

I wish you luck

Gonzo_baby.jpg

You are welcome to challenge any signature on the million plus recall petition. You only have to find 400,000 illegitimate signatures

I wish you luck

Supporters of the governor are being trained to spot any duplicate or falsified signatures.

Gov Walker previously sued the state elections board, and it is now required to carry out a more extensive review of the signatures.

Under regular law, the verification effort must be finished in 31 days. But given the huge amount of signatures, state officials are going to request a 60-day period.

The state's Republican Party Chairman Brad Courtney said in a statement that a special election would be both baseless and expensive.

BBC News - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker recall petition filed

Gonzo_baby.jpg

I wish you luck

Supporters of the governor are being trained to spot any duplicate or falsified signatures.

Gov Walker previously sued the state elections board, and it is now required to carry out a more extensive review of the signatures.

Under regular law, the verification effort must be finished in 31 days. But given the huge amount of signatures, state officials are going to request a 60-day period.

The state's Republican Party Chairman Brad Courtney said in a statement that a special election would be both baseless and expensive.

BBC News - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker recall petition filed

Well, I certainly wish Gov Walker luck

Let me know if there are as many Mickey Mouse and Adolph Hitler signatures as Rush Limbaugh claims there are

anyone suspicious that maybe the Dem's in the senate and/or union leaders have a list of all vacant properties in Wisconsin and created 6 people for each one? {aka, the "Foreclosure List"} Selfish Dem's and Libs see it as perfectly legal to register non-exsistent people who apparently live there.

images

Scott Walker Must Go!!! Whatever It Takes. Sign!!! Sign!!!! Sign!!! and Sign Again!!!

Are you guys going to feel a little silly if/when 540k of those sigs turn out to be legit?

I gotta admit that I was doubting they would get enough sigs a couple of weeks ago but given that they just turned in a million of them I highly doubt they don't have enough in there.

Are you guys going to feel a little silly if/when 540k of those sigs turn out to be legit?

No. Not after the concerted effort that went into getting them. Leave no stone unturned. Now about Elections, in General. Should we seek to overturn everyone? At what Expense? Where should we draw the line? Whom gets stuck with the Bill?

Should Scott win in a Landslide, where does that put the opposition? Should we expect an Apology? When is Enough, enough?

Forum List

Back