SCOTUS will hear Trump's IMMUNITY claim over criminal election interference charges

Don't effect me. None of that crap Joe is sling or you clowns. What are you going to be doing when Trump takes the White House? I'm going to the smash and grab at the mall but this time I'm takin a bigger hammer and bags.

You will see how lopsided Trump's win will be in November with proper election protocols in swing states... the dems can't cheat in this one enough to win....
Still my fear. I don't know what if anything he Repubs have done to counter the DEms' mail in ballot scams.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to decide whether former President Donald Trump can claim presidential immunity over criminal election interference charges, adding a new hurdle to a trial taking place.

The court in a brief order said it would hear arguments and issue a ruling on the immunity claim. In the meantime, the case is on hold, meaning no trial can take place.

The order said the court would hear the case the week of April 22.

The case could take months to resolve.

Even if Trump loses, the trial would not take place until well into election season. If Trump were to win in a ruling, the charges would be dismissed.

More at the link below...

This should be a no-brainer - but we'll see. Another stalling tactic for Trump. What do you think?
Fischer v United States is the important one to watch. If SCOTUS rules against the government on that, Jack Smith has to start over because he used the same charges in the Trump case. It will never reach trial before the election.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Wednesday agreed to decide whether former President Donald Trump can claim presidential immunity over criminal election interference charges, adding a new hurdle to a trial taking place.

The court in a brief order said it would hear arguments and issue a ruling on the immunity claim. In the meantime, the case is on hold, meaning no trial can take place.

Even if Trump loses, the trial would not take place until well into election season. If Trump were to win in a ruling, the charges would be dismissed.

This should be a no-brainer - but we'll see. Another stalling tactic for Trump. What do you think?
I think only fascist think defendants exercising their rights is a “stalling tactic”

I wonder how many millions of times Bozos have bitched, whined and had to wring out their undies on all this crap you leak worse than Joe

Still my fear. I don't know what if anything he Repubs have done to counter the DEms' mail in ballot scams.
I believe there is a maximum level of fraud the democrats can get away with... with out being obvious.... the more the good guys vote the harder it is for them to steal it....

From the OP:

If Trump wins the election, he would be in a position to order that the charges in the Washington case be dismissed. If already convicted at that point, he could seek to pardon himself.

Trump’s lawyers say that presidents should have total immunity for official acts as president and that his actions in questioning the election results were part of his official duties. Among the legal questions lurking in his case is whether Trump’s attempts to interfere in the election constitute official acts.
I know that Trump keeps saying he could pardon himself... But it highly doubtful in US constitution if not laughable...

Personally I think if he is convicted for J6th he should be removed from tha ballot under the 14th amendment... It should be as simple as that and the GOP party should be looking for that case to be expedited as quick as possible (unlike Trump's team constant delays).

Simply, Jack Smith goes to the Supreme court and tell them that there is a clock here and if Trump is conviceted that the state will be immediately be looking at Trump to be taken off the ballot. This would cause a serious constitutional crisis against the supreme court and they could help themselves by letting the J6 case continue in pararell to them making them hearing the immunity plea..

This is not a win for Democrats as this would make Nicky Haley possible to take Trump's place in the summer instead of Trump taken off the ballot in Sept/Oct....

The Supreme Court is backing itself into a corner here...

Personally I think if he is convicted for J6th he should be removed from tha ballot under the 14th amendment...

Constitution explicitly says "insurrection." Comrade Smith had the option to, but did not charge him with insurrection.

This was deliberately decided to lock the GOP nomination with Trump.

The trial will conclude before elections, if SCOTUS sides with Smith, which it will
No way will the court grant Trump immunity. They know that. Today, they set in place the fact that no way will Trump go to trial for J6 before the election.

Those sons of bitches could have taken this case back in December but they refused. If they did they would have ruled in time for Trump to go to trial. The fix is in. End of story.

Last edited:

The fact that the court agreed to hear the case seems to mean that they believe it is very possible that the previous court could have been wrong, otherwise they would not have agreed to hear the case.

Forum List

Back